Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Adventure In Ireland - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure In Ireland (198501 Views)

What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:19pm On May 17, 2020
encryptjay:
Superb and addictive thread. I'm soaked up in enlightenment.
Chiggsglover, nice job you're doing here, it's not easy dishing it out raw like you're doing. Some just hoard information unnecessarily. You've been mature and composed in answering questions, well done.I wish I could give each of your post a thousand likes.
You and other contributors are doing well.

Hadampson suppose be Nigerian ambassador to so many countries ooo. He's good and he keeps improving. I seriously want you to fulfill your dreams of moving out. Be like this country don overcast. May we leave this place and see other countries where sanity is prioritised and don't have to worry about certain things.

The Ireland travel thread can be consulted for certain questions, OP has really tried and it's not good taking advantage of his nice demeanor about certain stuff. It's good to make research/dig further. This enables you break things down like he's doing.

Thanks Chiggsglover, your thread is a masterpiece!
God bless you and your adventures.
When I read this comment, I was just, I kinda felt I wasn't the one you were referring to and was jealous.
Thank you very much for the comment, pls oooo, questions relating to visa and application, take it to the thread for it. By the time I finish replying to such questions that you can easily check online, you would have killed the gbedu or vibe that made me login.
You all can help by answering such questions in love just the way you see me do. When I feel they're answered and I dont have anything to add, I'll just go ahead to write my Lengthy write ups, I have alot on my head.
Thank you very much once again.

16 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2020
wowdiva:

Thanks, so say I want to immigrate to work there using my certification, how do I go about it please
I honestly have no idea, you can ask the other irish thread.

You just need to keep up with health miniseries in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:27pm On May 17, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Lol how do you recognise the Irish from the rest?

The folks with ghastly white look are Irish, the ones with tanned skin are mostly Latinos or Indians.
Just my way tho, another strong one is the accent.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2020
AllforJesus7:

There are a lot of Polish guys in Dublin. I understand many of them are troublesome.

There is nothing to be shy about when walking the streets. Everyone minds their businesses.
Irish are most troublesome, every other foreigners knows they're not in their fathers land so they behave. Lol
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2020
dimaxy:

I also followed chinyere on youtube.did she move from Ireland to UK permanently or for some time.
Permanently, sadly tho.
Latest video was an online store review

I was depressed.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2020
Sparrow0:

Damn so no fridge till summer, cool grin
I have ooo, but I just my Gastrointestinal attendants there, I keep all my drinks in my room, on the floor.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:35pm On May 17, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol I'm glad I could help grin
Though it's a lot of work to be compressing pics before uploading.

Love that pathway grin
Sometimes I do purposely pass through scary places, especially at night, just to "face my fears" cheesy

No do am purposely in Nigeria o, I know I'm bold, but lagos, I respect them, I take precautions, I never got robbed. Only time I ever lost a phone was when they broke my door while I travelled in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:36pm On May 17, 2020
Samuelsegs:
so glad I came across this thread... so informative
Lol
Thanks, spread the word. grin
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:39pm On May 17, 2020
Samuelsegs:

say whatcha got here so others would learn... nigga
We had a wonderful discussion, the question required an answer that if I share it here, it will look like I'm advertising. grin
Re: Adventure In Ireland by encryptjay(m): 7:39pm On May 17, 2020
Chiggsglover:

When I read this comment, I was just, I kinda felt I wasn't the one you were referring to and was jealous...
Yes boss, you're welcome. Seeing this thread is a stress reliever. Make your gbedu dey energised always grin

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:40pm On May 17, 2020
regizoch:
This is the best thread I have come accross in travel section... so convincing
Haaaaaaaaaa
Thanks man, theres other threads oooo, that are very hot also.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Lol you still need fridge for your food and groceries. However during winter, I remember leaving cooked rice in my rice cooker pot for three days and it was chilled and fresh like it had been in a refrigerator.
Hahahhaha.
That's why I love winter.
I noticed that dustbin smells good then. Compared to how I contort my face when I pass a Nigerian dustbin truck. Even hours after the truck has gone, I'll still be perceiving the armpit smell.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2020
zeb04:
I know she to covid 19,there is need forRhealth workers all over the world but do you have a link esp for Ireland. Thanks

Check out www.HSEland.ie

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2020
zeb04:
I just completed my online training for all health workers. Will that suffice. ( it is called PPE. I think it is in affiliation with the UK directive. My hospital made us all take it. )

Also Nigeria is not among the countries listed in the HSE platform when you try registering

After doing this online course, what next?
You go to the embassy? @wowdiva @ashatoda
If you can get a level 5 health certificate, the name sound strange tho.i hear theyll be moving the training online, so it's good.

Lol, which embassy, han han, that's not how it works.
You might need to apply to HSE directly, this is the health ministry. You can check other parastatals for for such opportunities, the key, is to research, I would have checked, but I have lots of commitments,
Masters student, I volunteer at two different organizations, I pour my mind here grin, and have to work for money.

The lockdown really gave me more time as classes are online.

4 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2020
ashatoda:

I haven't taken the training infact I haven't have the time to check the HSE platform let's wait for @chiggslover to address this. I will also make sure I check up the site. how much is the training?
HSE certification is expensive, €200 per module I guess.
Bm
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2020
encryptjay:

Yes boss, you're welcome. Seeing this thread is a stress reliever. Make your gbedu dey energised always grin
Some specialized question is great also
Thanks man

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 8:27pm On May 17, 2020
Chiggsglover:

I have ooo, but I just my Gastrointestinal attendants there, I keep all my drinks in my room, on the floor.
Damn how I wish my floor could be like that, or even half of that grin

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by encryptjay(m): 8:31pm On May 17, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Some specialized question is great also
Thanks man
That's true. Uwc.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 8:40pm On May 17, 2020
Chiggsglover:

No do am purposely in Nigeria o, I know I'm bold, but lagos, I respect them, I take precautions, I never got robbed. Only time I ever lost a phone was when they broke my door while I travelled in Nigeria.
Bold? If you're talking about boldness to face people then yeah, if you like be president, I don't give one single crab.
But boldness in facing some scaring sh!ts? 60% lol. I gotta be a man.

This Ireland yaff change you sha o

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Samuelsegs: 11:53am On May 18, 2020
@chiggsglover...please post pictures... even if na your backyard or some streets... we go like am

may God help you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure In Ireland by morinto: 1:46pm On May 18, 2020
Duolingo English test is acceptable by both Universities and the Embassy for this year- If considering a January / Feb 2021 intake, please do not take this test yet for Visa application purpose.

If you will be schooling @ ITSligo and your TOEFL / IELTS is within the last 3 years, then its acceptable for both admissions and visa app* strictly for this school only.

The next weeks will be extremely busy especially from June, but we will try to keep ya'll updated.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
Sparrow0:

Bold? If you're talking about boldness to face people then yeah, if you like be president, I don't give one single crab.
But boldness in facing some scaring sh!ts? 60% lol. I gotta be a man.

This Ireland yaff change you sha o

Abegi, leave boldness, I'm not good dead you know. Same as you.
President, that's how you'll be talking, you go humble when you actually meet one.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
Samuelsegs:
@chiggsglover...please post pictures... even if na your backyard or some streets... we go like am

may God help you
Alright, I'll post my backyard, I live opposite a monumental structure, I can easily be located, so no front pics.
Re: Adventure In Ireland by Brightfab(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
Samuelsegs:

may God help you

This one off me grin
Re: Adventure In Ireland by badmanjo(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2020
Chiggs I know say you no deposit drink, but if the pubs are now open you can post how the inside looks, I'm curious grin

Chiggsglover:

Alright, I'll post my backyard, I live opposite a monumental structure, I can easily be located, so no front pics.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 10:14pm On May 18, 2020
Chiggsglover:

Abegi, leave boldness, I'm not good dead you know. Same as you.
President, that's how you'll be talking, you go humble when you actually meet one.
Lol I'll be humble. Till he realises that it wasn't actually "humbleness" grin

Hope you doing great there?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:14pm On May 18, 2020
My backyard

You can see the Trees, from my view in my window,
I bought another bike, this one is a road bike for speed. The ride quality of the foldable bike is boring, just 8speed gear, the ride quality of the road bike is flick, it's a 24 speed, higher the gear, more the speed and variation to work with.

The gear system, I learnt it from my dad, he explained it to me when I was younger and it stuck. He even compared his jeep then to those dangote trucks without the container attached. That even though he rides an SUV, dangote truck can get to a higher speed over time. Which might be quite true.

Its easier to shift from 1 to the 8th gear on the foldable bike, but on the 24 gear bike, I'll still be shifting and getting faster.
Also the foldable bike is made up of aluminum, the road bike I got was made from a lighter metal called carbon fiber which of course reduced the weight of the bike and made it easier to climb hills and get ready a higher speed.

You can spot the trees at the backyard, they're so close to the roof of the house, these are very old trees that if it were in my village, witches would have made it their conference room.
It's like a superstition. I would love to believe they are not real. But i have read evidences, there was a huge old tree at Alaba, side, that huge long road leading to Festac. When.the Fashola government was reconstructing the way it looks today, the place now is a farcry from what it used to be. You know now Raji does, once your house or shop is in the way of his project. Youre getting a notice to leave and theres nothing you can do. Alot of folks paid for the way Lagos is today, but given the result, we all know that it worth it.

Theres how you'll be in a tight small road and be experiencing holdup, you'll be eyeing those houses by the road and wish they were gone. The terrible nightmare those people who live around badagry go through is caused by this issue also, people build all sorts of Shanties and illegal structures very close to the road. Some people even sell those places and give C of O.
SMH.

Lots of building that supported homes and businesses went, remaining one one huge ancient tree. They said anyone that tries to cut that tree is going to die. They brought the priest in charge of the thing in the tree. He said they needed to provide 27 human heads, lol. So the government should go and catch lagosians and cut of their heads abi. The government had lots of money to enjoy, you know na, our national cakes and all. So they negotiated. I read it in the guardian or punch newspaper then so the full story wasn't published, the priest brought it down to 10 heads, and some egunje. Maybe the government in a bid to appease the gods and to build roads we will use today, rounded up hardened criminals that were due for execution and gave them to the gods.
Nigeria government, ha, they wont tell us.

Hopefully the gods did not spit them out.

@Samuelsegs thanks

6 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:15pm On May 18, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol I'll be humble. Till he realises that it wasn't actually "humbleness" grin

Hope you doing great there?

I'm good.

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Chiggsglover(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
badmanjo:
Chiggs I know say you no deposit drink, but if the pubs are now open you can post how the inside looks, I'm curious grin

Pubs will be open in September, that's when I'll be done with my exam..I'll visit the pubs then. I now have a single room, time to invite irish girls to see the room and go. Anything that happens between is in your imagination. Tankia. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 10:24pm On May 18, 2020
Chiggsglover:
My backyard

You can see the Trees, from my view in my window,
I bought another bike, this one is a road bike for speed. The ride quality of the foldable bike is boring, just 8speed gear, the ride quality of the road bike is flick, it's a 24 speed, higher the gear, more the speed and variation to work with.
Hopefully the gods did not spit them out.

@Samuelsegs thanks
Damn! The pics are so sharp this time cheesy

Modified: Love your backyard, cool grilling spot. If the neighbours don't complain of the smoke cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Sparrow0: 10:30pm On May 18, 2020
My boss Drenimarcus spotted grin. How you doing man?

1 Like

Re: Adventure In Ireland by Drenimarcus(m): 11:05pm On May 18, 2020
Sparrow0:
My boss Drenimarcus spotted grin. How you doing man?

my ip failed me cheesy cheesy cheesy, recovering from a nasty cold(not corona grin grin) but much better, thanks for asking. Hope you doing good too man?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (94) (Reply)

Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.