Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m (70046 Views)

Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo / Video Of SARS Officer Searching Phones Weeks After Disbandment By IGP / Akintunde Ajayi: Police Arrest Teacher Who Demanded Sex From Schoolgirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Cloud007: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2020
seankafor:
Like it's the police that's the only corrupt department in Nigeria..

Go to schools,hospitals, church and many others and see the level of corruption going on there..

Police is damn corrupt, so do others.
yes other are equally corrupt but you won't get shot or brutally beaten during dia criminal activities

1 Like

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ignis: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2020
What a country.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2020
arowolo:

Please can we know how they instill fear in someone?

For example, I am an engineer with TOTAL. How will they harass me? Or better still I am a business man with a registered corporation, how can they make me fear?

TOTAL is a known company but for the business, you are on your own. Remember as at the time, is just you and them and u can be killed and is the report they give that will be followed. So just pray u don’t get into the hands of the wrong force

1 Like

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by dionma: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2020
Shameful
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by newsgerian: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2020
Lexus 350?

And this is exactly the car I just ordered abroad, to be shipped ahead of my visit to Nigeria later this year, na wa o.

Fear don dey catch me small, I have not been to Nigeria for almost five years now . undecided
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2020
ericmor:

His career in Poland abi? If he tell them how will they confirm it? Even if he drop his business card and all self they will still look for excuses just to get something from him. All that will only work if he meet the reasonable police not the ones that had the intention of extorting u already like those he met. Ask urself a question, why did the commisioner ordered them to released him? Probably those X squared has no evidence against him n the commitioner knew their motive already

You see my brother, anything goes in this country once you know your way.

Did you know that in the West(I mean developed countries). You will be arrested if they discovered that your livelihood is expensive that your supposed income.

For example: If a fashion designer that makes approximately $1000 monthly is seen living in a house worth more than $3000 monthly.

You will have to prove other source of income and can be jailed by the firs.

Nigerian uses this gimmicks to arrest people and force them to bribe them because they knew their source of income can't get them what they have. It's so simple.

Please let's everyone appreciates legal source of income that you can prove.

Thank you
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2020
Exmilitant:
Not making a case for the cops, but your first response to them matters a lot. some of these abroad base returnees are very arrogant and mannerless. He looks it from the pics.

You are very wrong cus if he was arrogant, he wouldn’t have followed them to the mango tree at the first place not to talk of them getting the chance to ask him for such amount n he would have been brutal and for his harrogancy they wouldn’t have allowed him to make calls
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by bobolaga: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2020
90% of Nigeria Police is the one behind high way robbery and kidnapping a lot of information giving out to those criminals are from Nigeria police forces,They are doing so to justify road block across the country,in other to be entitle to 20,50 Naira on daily bases and also give information's to Robbers when they discover that some motors are with cash on the road with the vehicles plate number on the police list for the next police check points in any state,before you get to the next police post you will see that police will remove their uniform and put on Mufti to robb.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2020
ericmor:

TOTAL is a known company but for the business, you are on your own. Remember as at the time, is just you and them and u can be killed and is the report they give that will be followed. So just pray u don’t get into the hands of the wrong force

Don't be afraid if you know you are right and also don't argue with a man with a gun.

Be diplomatic and before you know, they will apologize.

We can't say because the police is corrupt we should then enslave ourselves.

Infact, take your time to know his or her number and name. Afterwards, take it up with the fellow. We must all stand up again bullies.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by lagdmark(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:
The SARS may be notorious but this guy matter get k-leg

So they demanded N10m from you for driving a big car and also because you just returned from Poland as if you are the first to do that from Delta State
Na so.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ishitinyourmouf: 11:20am On Mar 21, 2020
lexus 350 is not a big car na.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ChikezieU(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2020
Trueigbo:
What do you expect when there is poor welfare for our security officers.

Restructuring is way out
stop that nonsense... attack the authorities for poor welfare not to maim and kill innocent Nigerians. they didn't force you to enter Police. Two wrongs doesn't make right

1 Like

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2020
arowolo:

You see my brother, anything goes in this country once you know your way.

Did you know that in the West(I mean developed countries). You will be arrested if they discovered that your livelihood is expensive that your supposed income.

For example: If a fashion designer that makes approximately $1000 monthly is seen living in a house worth more than $3000 monthly.

You will have to prove other source of income and can be jailed by the firs.

Nigerian uses this gimmicks to arrest people and force them to bribe them because they knew their source of income can't get them what they have. It's so simple.

Please let's everyone appreciates legal source of income that you can prove.

Thank you

I can’t live in Poland as a cleaner n may b a security man for 13yrs n not be able to afford that car nau even after tax n other expenses. Abi no be d same Lexus 350 wey I know
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2020
Naughtysite:
Seriously, RX 350 is a big car.

Okay, N10m and the big car, which one is bigger ?

Rx 350/is not worth up to 5 million. What if the guy was driving a 2020 GMC Yukon? Or Cadillac Escalade? Fear would probably have not allowed them to harass him.

One thing, though. If you are in a reasonable car, dress in native attire, and wear a cap. Don't wear a sleeveless t shirt and shorts.

3 Likes

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2020
They didn't arrest him to demand money

They abducted him and demanded ransom

What a shíthole
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ishitinyourmouf: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2020
Esseite:
It's because you failed the simple question: may we know you?..

You being in Poland for 13years is not an answer, a better answer could have been:

Good afternoon officers, My name is harry, from delta state, I am a business man who majorly deals in Autoparts equipments and components, currently reside in Poland and on a vacation to visit my family in Nigeria. Here is my ID card and work documents aswell just to clear all doubts, here is my contact card and car documents also, I think they are all valid...

We understand the nature of the job you do, please stay safe while at it...

There is nothing manner of approach cannot solve.
i dey tell u. i am sure this guy must have been like, do you know who i am? will show u who i am etc. bad thing with nigerians is that they dont explain exactly what happened.

1 Like

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by lagdmark(m): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2020
newsgerian:
Lexus 350?

And this is exactly the car I just ordered abroad, to be shipped ahead of my visit to Nigeria later this year, na wa o.

Fear don dey catch me small, I have not been to Nigeria for almost five years now . undecided
Fear dey catch you because you shipped Tokunbo lexus 350 way full every where, some use it as Uber taxi.
Come home & see Nigerians driving around with exotic cars unnoticed.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2020
arowolo:

Don't be afraid if you know you are right and also don't argue with a man with a gun.

Be diplomatic and before you know, they will apologize.

We can't say because the police is corrupt we should then enslave ourselves.

Infact, take your time to know his or her number and name. Afterwards, take it up with the fellow. We must all stand up again bullies.

That number n name u no go see am cus they are covered by jacket which left u with a doubt if they are really a police force or just pretending to be one. That’s another problem. Just pray u don’t come across those with the motive of extorting you
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2020
lagdmark:

Fear dey catch you because you shipped Tokunbo lexus 350 way full every where, some use it as Uber taxi.
Come home & see Nigerians driving around with exotic cars unnoticed.

There is nothing wrong in shipping the car here, after all, it is cheaper that way and safer
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Ginomel(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2020
Timileyin1234:
But the guy look like kidnapper na 0ga police Lexus 350 no b big car o
Meaning you can easily provide 6m.
You must be very rich to call Lexus 350 a small car.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Timileyin1234(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2020
Ginomel:

Meaning you can easily provide 6m.

You must be very rich to call Lexus 350 a small car.
No be say i rich na. Big cars suppose start from 15milla na
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by dotedote: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

So they demanded N10m from you for driving a big car and also because you just returned from Poland as if you are the first to do that from Delta State

Idiots like you ought to be fished out & wiped off the surface of the earth.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by helinues: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2020
dotedote:

Idiots like you ought to be fished out & wiped off the surface of the earth.

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla

Rule 2 broken
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by BRIGHTEXX001(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2020
bleeped up country,bleeped up policemen,I hate all the policemen in this country I wish they could just sleep and don't wake up,you know wetin police don use my eye see?,Jezuz,I rather encounter thief than encounter police,police broke our padlock and made their way into our house,no be thief dey do that one?,they said we are suspected kidnappers,can u imagine,gosh,see ehn,na God go punish all the policemen for this country all of them go die very soon na to dey jam them die for road make God punish their head.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by ericmor: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2020
destinie2019:

Rx 350/is not worth up to 5 million. What if the guy was driving a 2020 GMC Yukon? Or Cadillac Escalade? Fear would probably have not allowed them to harass him.

One thing, though. If you are in a reasonable car, dress in native attire, and wear a cap. Don't wear a sleeveless t shirt and shorts.

Na the Poland kill d guy, most police don’t want to hear that you just came back, they will want to collect something sha not to come talk of high way police that they knew that as at d point they are d only security u got. I believe d guy calmness saved him n him playing along with them if not, it would have been a different story
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by lagdmark(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2020
ericmor:

There is nothing wrong in shipping the car here, after all, it is cheaper that way and safer
I don't want you to believe that when you drive that car in Nigeria you will be noticed, ok may be in remote villages, in big cities you drive unnoticed.
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Correcto: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Hopefully you experience one and you go believe
helinues:

Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Grace001: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2020
I can bet it
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2020
helinues:

u are empty
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Correcto: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2020
The difference between you and the police officer is that you are not a police officer
Timileyin1234:
But the guy look like kidnapper na
0ga police Lexus 350 no b big car o
Re: Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m by Grace001: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2020
I can bet it, most of those guys in IGP squad are SOUTHERNERS... I have said let those senseless SOUTHERNERS in police force continue to torment and humiliate their fellow SOUTHERNERS.

You hardly see a northerner in a SARS or IGP squad in the south.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abuja Big Babe Stabbed In The Private Part By Boyfriend For Refusing To Give N1M / Robbers Kill Aliu Sheu! White House, Restaurant, Yaba CEO Murdered / Frustrated Yahoo Boy Tells Oyinbo Client To Shut Up, Zlatan Ibile, Others React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.