Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus (97801 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 / Nigeria Confirms Two New Cases Of Coronavirus, Toll Now 46 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 6:35pm On Mar 21, 2020
ustanejnr:
Lock down Lagos now, and save the other part of the country, or we will regret soon.

Don't come to Lagos, that's all.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by jattopeter(m): 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
othenok:
A lot of people do not believe Covid-19 is real. I went to Idi Oro Market today with my face mask and glasses and lots of people were making fun of me. I heard some call me mumu. A few ladies were discussing in Yoruba about how daft I was, after all nobody in this market came back from China.
Another lady responded that there was proof that Naija sun kills the virus.
If this thing enter well, na war ooo
Bro. na d same thing happened to me today. I went to market with my nose mask they were all looking as if I am a strange person in their midst. They were even telling me there is nothing like C.Virus. I was like so some people see this issue as a play play.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pauludy:

It is only a matter of time for it to become 10 out of 20 too in Nigeria.

but hopefully things will not get out of hands.

Spain started with just 20+ cases at the beginning of the month in less than 3 weeks they have over 4k+ cases

so my brother speak less of what you don't know.

Our case will be different, up till now no deaths, 2 cured, give kudos to our doctors and nurses.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by jelel6: 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by dqjerseys: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
All Cases Are Returnees, They go outside and enjoy life then imports Sickness for Us

Very annoying
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by jelel6: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Basher8583:

Still mentioning cases. If you like the numbers can inflate to 200,000 but the question is about casualties as a result of covid19 here in Naija. How many do you know? I know of none.
My question now is for how long do we have wait to confirm my assertions. It is clear we can survive this pandemic without any casualties

My argument is pretty clear. No need for panic but remain perpetually clean/ hygenic. There's no end to that. Some Naija pips are waiting for the pandemic to end so they can go back to their dirty habits

If hygiene is so so important to it's spread, I'm sure Africa would have been wiped out by now.

If your house and yourself are clean? How About your environment? Your backyard, your neighbor's refuse? Your company's transport?

These countries mostly affected are usually squeaky clean. You should understand that preventing something like this goes beyond keeping one's cupboards and sink clean.

Misinformation and just as bad or badder than ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by roblance: 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pauludy:

It is only a matter of time for it to become 10 out of 20 too in Nigeria.

but hopefully things will not get out of hands.

Spain started with just 20+ cases at the beginning of the month in less than 3 weeks they have over 4k+ cases

so my brother speak less of what you don't know.

Did you read my post at all? Open your eyes and read grin
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by bizhop01: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
Corona virus ruined my plan
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Jflex07(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
3kay945:

Funny but truth bro... grin
i tell you bro
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by watchindelta(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

Yes, for now. They can't be allowed to endanger the lives of the rest of us. Everyone should stay where they are till the thing is contained. It may sound harsh but that's the only practical way to contain the spread.
I'm a Nigeria leaving in Italy I support you 1000%. Stay where u are for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Aegee1: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
FG should have isolate anyone entered the country right from time lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Basher8583: 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
jelel6:

If hygiene is so so important to it's spread, I'm sure Africa would have been wiped out by now.

If your house and yourself are clean? How About your environment? Your backyard, your neighbor's refuse? Your company's transport?

These countries mostly affected are usually squeaky clean. You should understand that preventing something like this goes beyond keeping one's cupboards and sink clean.

Misinformation and just as bad or badder than ignorance

You know what.... You can go ahead with your dirty life as you deem fit. Shebi na you dey leave next to dump site abi.

Infact you can panic your life away. Abi now..shebi its your life.

No one give a rats ass since you have been advised the best way to keep yourself personally clean

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by watchindelta(m): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
jattopeter:

Bro. na d same thing happened to me today. I went to market with my nose mask they were all looking as if I am a strange person in their midst. They were even telling me there is nothing like C.Virus. I was like so some people see this issue as a play play.
the same mistakes EU dey pay for so. Na jst comon flu!! Now people dey die like comon chicken$. Many Nigerians think dey know too much but dey know non...!! Audio coronavirus OK ohh
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
Nigeria government should have locked our airspace long before now. Brace yourselves guys, this thing has already spread beyond what you can imagine. Na lack of enough testing still dey hide the real number of Nigerians that have already been exposed. sad

Social Distancing is the way forward people.

While social distancing is the new trend, there is still nothing to confirm that physical distance has much to do with the spread. Why? Everyone or amongst those that have contracted the virus are men and women who could afford all the distance needed to stay away from the virus. World-class royalties, high government official and the upwardly mobile.

Me think, it has to do with air. It is more an airborne virus than any other. And because of our tropical environment, it is yet to survive long enough to move amongst people here. If 27c is what it needs, then it cant hardly make it here outside the infested person

We are yet to hear stories of people contracting it in the crowded markets of Lagos.. It is always plane and returnees.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by salford1: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
Basher8583:

Na case we just dey confirm up and down. No casualty as a result of Covid19.

Its a known fact that flu which we blacks naturally dust off our bodies kill Caucasians anyhow. Lost a Swedish friend to just common cold oh.

We have nothing to panic about. Just continue practicing good hygiene. It has to be continuous though even after the end of the pandemic.
But Spanish flu killed alot of Nigerians in the last century.

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by showafrica(m): 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Some people will still say it's audio

It looked like Yahoo business to me
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by DateMynd44(m): 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
salford1:

Over 600 in Italy.
over 600 in how many months?
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by salford1: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
DateMynd44:
over 600 in how many months?
In 24 hours. However, Italy has a lot of family oriented old people. They keep their old people at home unlike other developed countries that place heir older folks in Nursing home.
To reduce casualties, places like the UK, Germany, US etc are baring visitors/families from visiting nursing homes.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by jelel6: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2020
Basher8583:

You know what.... You can go ahead with your dirty life as you deem fit. Shebi na you dey leave next to dump site abi.

Infact you can panic your life away. Abi now..shebi its your life.

No one give a rats ass since you have been advised the best way to keep yourself personally clean

Exactly as expected. Typical.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by OnlineWell(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
CR-V and HIV...I fear these two diseases
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by NairaMaster1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Some people will still say it's audio

Their eyes will soon clear. Nigerians are wicked, while travelling to endemic area and returning conveniently to further weakening your already weak country
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Ken4Christ: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2020
I close the bothers of Rivers State to Coronavirus in Jesus name. Please close your communities borders also.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by SmartMugu: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2020
letusbepieces:
No deaths so far.
I thought they said an American that arrived by land through Benin Republic died in Ekiti.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Good00009: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
[color=#550000][/color]See Below
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Kolping: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says
By Tommaso Ebhardt, Chiara Remondini, and Marco Bertacche
18 March 2020, 12:56 GMT
Bloomberg
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

The new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_17_marzo-v2.pdf
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
salford1:

But Spanish flu killed alot of Nigerians in the last century.
Nasarawa in 1918? This is fictitious. Nassarawa as a state was certainly non-existent in 1918.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Arcbox(m): 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
#COVID-19#
My little advice to whom it may concern. As we all know, is no longer news that COVID-19 is living amongst you. You may choose to be a victim and you may choose to avoid it. As a Nigerian, we are strong people no doubt about that. Nigerians are also like a man trying to test the efficacy of a burning fire. My little experience with coronavirus virus is no far fetch as someone who has been in China over this period of epidemic. indeed it's a good news that uptil this moment, no Nigerian in China was confirm with case of the virus. it take a high level discipline to adopt the measures. Being in china for the past 10 weeks is like choosing to live the life that you hate. The streets are empty, no movement, no food stores open, no social life, no friends to chat you( only yourself that you know). simple life style but difficult. China was able to win big because of the communist life style. the housing pattern is no doubt a communal Architecture which in some cases can accommodate as much as 200 family in a compound. That gave them the edge over control of movement in and out of a particular compound. police are not smiling with you if you default in rules so you can't afford to misbehave. Back home in Nigeria, I understand that things are bad economically but it's a two option for you as a Nigerian, either to follow the advice from the health ministry and have a chance to live and huzzle again or live your free life style and die. My candid advice is for everyone to self isolate and stay indoor. Coronavirus is no childs play and can spread like wildfires. Once again, Avoid crowd and stay in your houses with the assumption that you are the only one without the virus....
# wash your hands regularly
# Avoid people that cough and sneezes
# Take more vitamins
# Take more water.
Remember, only the living that can celebrate. Remain blessed everyone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by salford1: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
Gilbertase:
Nasarawa in 1918? This is fictitious. Nassarawa as a state was certainly non-existent in 1918.
Well. No where does the journal mention states. They were termed provinces just as ogoja or zaria is not a state.
Re: Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Sarah20A(f): 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2020
All this abroad people should stay one place,why are they this wicked knowing fully well Nigerians are barely surviving on their own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

12 Prominent Persons In Kano Die In 10 Hours / Natural Ways To Cure Quick Ejaculation / China Finds New Strain Of Coronavirus Which Lasts For 49 Days Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.