Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Girls What Would You Do In This Case? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls What Would You Do In This Case? (1171 Views)

Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / Guys/Girls What Skin Color Or Looks Do You Prefer Your Dream Woman/Man To Have / Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
There is this friend of mine a guy who got out of a long term relationship so when he met/approached me, he was trying to holla. But as we got closer and hung out more as friends, he kept emphasizing on the fact, he was just dating, no relationship, he wants to take his time and all that. I told him that was fine with me because I was not even interested in a relationship yet so we got closer, you know friends.
Then one day, he asked me if I liked him, of course I laughed like it was a joke especially when everyday he would be emphasizing to me "we are just friends" which I fought with him on numerous occasions because I wasn't even doing anything with him to suggest other wise, we were just friends.
He later admitted to me, he has started to have feelings for me and is very attracted to me and even one day sent me a message "I love you".

I don't know what to do now because I love our friendship, closeness, maybe like him too but am i really ready for a relationship, I am not sure yet. Was just enjoying the way we were. What do I do in this case, in order not to lose him totally in this case?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Dyt(f): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
He once told u dat n u accepted?
U 2 tell him na
frnds r 4eva
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by yme1(f): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2010
in this case the decision is your's dear
do you really feel you want to take that friendship you two both has to a relationship level?
because you said you weren't ready for nothing serious

maybe like him too but am i really ready for a relationship
you need to sit down and answer that question
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by freecocoa(f): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2010
Just ponder on what u really want,ur heart will guide u.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Coolabbie: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2010
Well its up 2 u. Only u can tell wen u are ready.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Carolece(f): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
It is said and have proven that, when you include sex (relationships) in a friendship it changes the whole friendship thing, and it will never get back to what it was. No one can tell you what to do or where your heart is leaning to most. Think it out carefully and make your decision.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Osama10(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2010
I am very sure that when sex comes in the whole friendship thing would never be the same again.

Are you ready to give up the friendship?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by chikeorji123(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2010
Base on your speech your majesty,l smell u love the guy already by saying u don't want to lose him totally?.
l here suggest you give it a try with caution,b/c if l advice to stay clear,u ill not be happy baby,l'm l right?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by chikeorji123(m): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
y me:

do you really feel you want to take that friendship you two both has to a relationship level?

go through this
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by iice(f): 4:25am On Dec 27, 2010
Did you break up with your guy?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by gbengress1: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2010
Shakespear said, "A boy&a girl can neva be friends 4eva".Lincoln said, "Friendship is d starting step 4 what we call luv".Wrdswrth said,"Proposing a boy or girl 4 friendship is nothing but indirectly saying, i like u".Jackie Chan said,"Luv is an everlasting friendship".Michael Jackson said,"If 1 can become ur best friend, then he/she can easily become ur life partner".
The ball is in ur court but dont base the relationship on sex.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by mediatrix8(f): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2010
Listen to your heart and follow what is telling you, remember great friendship from the start is a good foundation of deeper relationship.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by playmate(f): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2010
gbengress1:

Shakespear said, "A boy&a girl can neva be friends 4eva".Lincoln said, "Friendship is d starting step 4 what we call luv".Wrdswrth said,"Proposing a boy or girl 4 friendship is nothing but indirectly saying, i like u".Jackie Chan said,"Luv is an everlasting friendship".Michael Jackson said,"If 1 can become your best friend, then he/she can easily become your life partner".
The ball is in your court but dont base the relationship on sex.

True talk . . . wink
one step at a time . . . a close friend of mine who asked me out for 2 years but i said no to preserve our friendship, now we are not even on talking terms because of a misunderstanding so this friendship you are trying to protect may not even be for the best or it may be, who knows?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Orikinla(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2010
Oh pathetic creature of nature.

Follow your heart with your eyes wide open and your brains switched on.

Do not let anyone use you, but appreciate and treasure you.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by badguy3: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Just ponder on what u really want,your heart will guide u.

, and look beyond what you see!
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
@Poster
it doesnt matter what HE wants, if YOU are not ready or willing to have a relationship with him then say so and let HIM accept it or bounce.
if he has a problem with it then this friendship was not meant to be, et voila!
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by livedit(f): 12:18am On Dec 28, 2010
How long has your friend been broken up and how long have you two been "hanging" out together will play a big part in this.  Because if he is recently broken up, then more than likely you will become a rebound.  So you truly want to be extra careful with this.  It maybe possible that he do "love" you, but it could be only as a friend. 

He told you in the beginning that he is fresh out of a relationship and isn't looking for anything "serious" right now.  That don't necessarily mean that his feelings can't change too.  How do YOU feel about this guy in YOUR heart?  Are you comfortable leaving things as they way there are or do you want to try escalating this into a "relationship"? 

In my opinion, I would just go with the flow.  I'm not sure if you two had "relations" yet, but that will also cloud your judgement and his too!  If you two are intimate right now, I say you may want to chill on that until you figure out exactly what you want out this relationship.  I'm not saying yall can't go hang out and kick it in that sense. But the intimacy definitely needs to be placed on hold until you figure out what you want and if either of you want to keep things as they are as good FWB or turn it into a romance.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 28, 2010
Lacrissa:

I love our friendship, closeness, maybe like him too but am i really ready for a relationship, I am not sure yet. Was just enjoying the way we were.

Start with that.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by PTBNaija(f): 1:34am On Dec 28, 2010
I think the OP already mentioned that they are not having a sexual relationship, I think?

I have to agree with what a lot of people are already saying, and suggest that you really think about it. I know you said that you are not sure, but it comes across to me like you are attracted to him. You mentioned that you are enjoying the closeness, but you really have to think if it is the closeness of just friends. Is your relationship strictly like the one you share with your other friends?

Are you guys dating already (wasn't sure about that part)? You have to ask yourself what exactly is holding you back from a relationship from this guy. Are you afraid of something? Have you had other bad experiences? If you are dating, and you enjoy his company and the time you are spending together it is only normal that it would escalate into a relationship.

One more thing that you need to think about is the implications of continuing, or discontinuing. Would you be able to handle the fact that he may pull away from you if you say no? Or would it bother you if he started seeing someone else? What exactly would change if you were in a relationship with him and would you be okay with that?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 7:09am On Dec 29, 2010
iice:

Did you break up with your guy?

Yeah i did.

y me:

I'm even confused. i'm not ready for anything serious doesn't mean I would welcome one if it happened at the right time. Maybe I feel we are too close or is he ready and all that.

Carolece:

It is said and have proven that, when you include sex (relationships) in a friendship it changes the whole friendship thing, and it will never get back to what it was. No one can tell you what to do or where your heart is leaning to most. Think it out carefully and make your decision.

Osama10:

I am very sure that when sex comes in the whole friendship thing would never be the same again.

Are you ready to give up the friendship?

Yeah i know sex def changes everything. The most we have done is make out as in just a passionate kiss but we were both confused if we are ready and if it's the both of us. Right now I am still thinking are we already too close? We make jokes, tease each other and open up at the same time, he is a dateable guy.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2010
PTBNaija:

I think the OP already mentioned that they are not having a sexual relationship, I think?

I have to agree with what a lot of people are already saying, and suggest that you really think about it. I know you said that you are not sure, but it comes across to me like you are attracted to him. You mentioned that you are enjoying the closeness, but you really have to think if it is the closeness of just friends. Is your relationship strictly like the one you share with your other friends?

Are you guys dating already (wasn't sure about that part)? You have to ask yourself what exactly is holding you back from a relationship from this guy. Are you afraid of something? Have you had other bad experiences? If you are dating, and you enjoy his company and the time you are spending together it is only normal that it would escalate into a relationship.

One more thing that you need to think about is the implications of continuing, or discontinuing. Would you be able to handle the fact that he may pull away from you if you say no? Or would it bother you if he started seeing someone else? What exactly would change if you were in a relationship with him and would you be okay with that?

When he met me and approached me, he was hollering. So it was more like we went on dates to know each other and he was falling but he was still healing from his relationship and said he wants nothing serious, that we would just be friends which I agreed because I wasn't ready. Though we did kiss on some occasions but that was about it. Now him telling me he does like me and is attracted made me confused. I just smiled and told him I didn't know he did. I would not want to lose him in anyway but how do I even go about it? maybe I am too comfortable the way we are.

livedit:

How long has your friend been broken up and how long have you two been "hanging" out together will play a big part in this.  Because if he is recently broken up, then more than likely you will become a rebound.  So you truly want to be extra careful with this.  It maybe possible that he do "love" you, but it could be only as a friend. 

He told you in the beginning that he is fresh out of a relationship and isn't looking for anything "serious" right now.  That don't necessarily mean that his feelings can't change too.  How do YOU feel about this guy in YOUR heart?  Are you comfortable leaving things as they way there are or do you want to try escalating this into a "relationship"? 

In my opinion, I would just go with the flow.  I'm not sure if you two had "relations" yet, but that will also cloud your judgement and his too!  If you two are intimate right now, I say you may want to chill on that until you figure out exactly what you want out this relationship.  I'm not saying yall can't go hang out and kick it in that sense. But the intimacy definitely needs to be placed on hold until you figure out what you want and if either of you want to keep things as they are as good FWB or turn it into a romance.

No we have not had sex yet. I do like him but I feel I have gotten too comfortable with the friendship part but at the same time, he is someone I could date. maybe i just wasn't expecting it especially when he has over emphasized on the being friends part.

mediatrix8:

Listen to your heart and follow what is telling you, remember great friendship from the start is a good foundation of deeper relationship.

Lol, I don't know what my heart is telling me. All I know is he is very good looking and above all, he treats me sooooo well!

MRbrownJAY:

@Poster
it doesnt matter what HE wants, if YOU are not ready or willing to have a relationship with him then say so and let HIM accept it or bounce.
if he has a problem with it then this friendship was not meant to be, et voila!

I didn't tell him anything, just smiled and we are still talking but have not brought it up again.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Odunnu: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2010
Is anything wrong if you take it a step higher now?
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2010
Odunnu:

Is anything wrong if you take it a step higher now?

Nothing wrong at all. Just confused.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Odunnu: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2010
He's everythn you want/desire in a man. Give it a chance. Go for it.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 7:57am On Dec 29, 2010
Maybe I feel we are already too close for comfort as in friends that tease each other and share almost everything so I don't know how the intimate part would be though we have made out (kissed) on few occasions.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Odunnu: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2010
My dear, go for him. There's a whole lot of rubbish out there that go by the gender 'male', if ths guy is a man in every letter,then you are good to go. Go for him
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2010
Love doctors everywhere
Infact, i'm quite impressed at the comments here.
Poster, you have a wealth of choices. Choose wid care!
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 6:55am On Jan 03, 2011
Odunnu:

My dear, go for him. There's a whole lot of rubbish out there that go by the gender 'male', if ths guy is a man in every letter,then you are good to go. Go for him

I just told him how i felt too that i did like him. phew was so hard but I think we both have feelings but don't know the next step to take as we have been friends close friends and tease each other a lot.
Ijele-igbo:

Love doctors everywhere
Infact, i'm quite impressed at the comments here.
Poster, you have a wealth of choices. Choose wid care!

I have already told him how i feel about him too and guess would let nature take its course.
Re: Girls What Would You Do In This Case? by Lacrissa: 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2011
People/Nairalanders answer please,

I have already told him and I REALIZED i am falling more for him but I still have to play it cool. Remember in the beginning, he was the one emphasizing friends which was what I only wanted by the way before he started initiating making out and his feelings for me. Right now , we both are still playing it cool but like each other. He is in a way not mentioning it again, maybe I should keep my distance or what?

HELP ALL lol

(1) (Reply)

Imagine This Long Distance Marriage / Ladies what do u Truely Need in a guy. / What Does She Meant By That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.