Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,824 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age (57166 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Married And Clubbing / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
franchasng:
80 - 90% of guys wish to get married between age 29 - 35yrs

Their major challenge: unemployment, underemployment and bad economy that keep most guys jobless, broke and helpless till almost age 35 cry

99% of ladies wish to get married between age 25 - 28yrs

Their major challenge: serious guys ready to settle down are not coming their way, and the boyfriends they have are either broke, struggling, scared to commit, secretly married, playboys out for sex alone.....which keeps so many ladies praying endlessly for a husband.

SOLUTION: Nigeria need a working government that will stimulate the economy with the right policies and locking down on leadership corruption/public fund looting at all government levels without prejudice or being selective! When the economy becomes buoyant, guys of marriageable age will have good jobs, businesses, trades, etc that will encourage them to think of settling down with their girlfriend, but with the current bad economy, most guys who wish to settle down have turned to playboys just to avoid spending on one committed girlfriend shocked shocked

MAJOR CHALLENGE: Terribly patriarchal men that make us look like pseudo-feminists. Men we don’t love no matter how hard we try.

2 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
Stewart883:

Lol seems we are in the same boat. I have a 10 year old beautiful daughter and I'll clock 34 by October. Seriously she always gives me joy and I am not married yet and not really bothered.

October 1st?
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by stillmee(m): 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hopefully this year, precious show your face, i can't wait any longer
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by gbemishile: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
Invest in something,then wait three or four years to grow
By that time I'd be like late 30's
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by slimshady1000: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
Never Give up Bro!! All be positive:: Chin-up and keep your head up...
You still have many more years ahead!!!!

yeme7:
This topic just got me loose hope and same time frustrated, I'm 30years finished service last year, currently I have no job... I was working as a receptionist job which I was paid 15k but later stopped due to the small amount of money that can't even take care of my needs not to talk of marriage... Even as e de na... No girl no want near me base on say no money... Thou have applied for jobs but no calling... Imagine 30 years no job... No gf... This kind post can even make someone commit suicide self � � � � � � � � � � �. � �... Please it should be remove
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by evil1: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
yes, 30
wow 30.
how old re u now, is that too much ?
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by ISellAll01: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
I'm a single mum and it ain't easy in so many ways. Worrying about if the person coming into your life would be good to you and your child and so on.

5 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by franchasng: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

MAJOR CHALLENGE: Terribly patriarchal men that make us look like pseudo-feminists. Men we don’t love no matter how hard we try.
I didn't get your message.

Can you rephrase your words so it can be clearer

1 Like

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Style007(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
I want to marry at 27 by Gods grace, I'm already working towards it and that should be in 4 years time.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
slimshady1000:
Don't worry, you will get married after this Corona Virus Era. Better yet, you still have your hubby or boyfriend! Gist with your boyfriend about the current issues affecting the world now. Bond with him as much as can now. Remember to disinfect him before bonding

Lol @disinfecting. Hypo and aerosol spray, abi? We can’t go into quarantine/isolation with people we’re not married to.

1 Like

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by bonnyhope: 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
Lyf starts @ 40

I cannot come and kee masef

2 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
If that absurd assertion gives you a false sense of importance and somehow validates your entire being, so be it. It's a man's world indeed, says an inconsequential speck that has never truly contributed anything of great value to the world he has declared his.
Rasmega:

You will start caring at 35 and no marriage. A man can still be pimpin till 40 and get married to a 24 year old girl with a tight pussy but a lady whorring till 40 would be difficult to get married.

It is a man's world. We set the rules, and you live by it. Good night baby kiss

6 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Stewart883(m): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

October 1st?

5th

1 Like

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
The best for a man is 30 and a woman 25. Subject to plus or minus 5 years review

4 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by festus2001: 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Stewart883(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
ForestDion:

I wish I had a child, I would have forgotten about marriage completely. Now, my Father is always asking me about my plans even though, I know its 2030 when I'm 40 years

Lol you don't need to worry much. You're still young
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Kyom20(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Year 2022, would be 25

2 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
yeme7:
This topic just got me loose hope and same time frustrated, I'm 30years finished service last year, currently I have no job... I was working as a receptionist job which I was paid 15k but later stopped due to the small amount of money that can't even take care of my needs not to talk of marriage... Even as e de na... No girl no want near me base on say no money... Thou have applied for jobs but no calling... Imagine 30 years no job... No gf... This kind post can even make someone commit suicide self � � � � � � � � � � �. � �... Please it should be remove

I feel ur pain bro but the post wasn't meant to make u feel bad. As a university student 3 yrs ago I discovered that there are no ready made jobs so since then I made up my mind to create my own job. After being unemployed for one yr I realized I could use my phone to acquire a skill. I googled how to produce liquid soap nd bleach, after learning I used 8k to buy raw materials. I produced my first set of liquid soap nd bleach, nd I thank God I'm progressing every day. U can change ur story too. It all depends on u. U can even cash in on this coronavirus nonsense. Google how to produce hand sanitizer, learn it nd create ur own job. Stop waiting 4 something that doesn't exist.

14 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by handsomeyinka(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
During this corona virus.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Do you really think marriage is that wonderful(Especially to a Nigerian man)? The only reason I want to get married is to appease my family and also I want a kid, being a christian I cannot have one outside marriage. Why would I spend a huge portion of my life with someone I barely know and who might not be worth it? You people think you're so important that you believe that every female needs to clinch one of you by the time she's 22. God forbid. In fact, no marriage till I am 35. I need to enjoy life before subjecting myself to eternal bondage.
evil1:

wow 30.
how old re u now, is that too much ?

3 Likes

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
SweetCunt97:
As per God?

See how you stylishly Dodge the question.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Oseh1Gidigba: 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
Is good to marry at age 25. Most especially when you must have got your own (home).
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PrinzCarter(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
corona virus dey u dey ask of age to marry
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by yeme7(m): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

I feel ur pain bro but the post wasn't meant to make u feel bad. As a university student 3 yrs ago I discovered that there are no ready made jobs so since then I made up my mind to create my own job. After being unemployed for one yr I realized I could use my phone to acquire a skill. I googled how to produce liquid soap nd bleach, after learning I used 8k to buy raw materials. I produced my first set of liquid soap nd bleach, nd I thank God I'm progressing every day. U can change ur story too. It all depends on u. U can even cash in on this coronavirus nonsense. Google how to produce hand sanitizer, learn it nd create ur own job. Stop waiting 4 something that doesn't exist.

Thanks man... I really appreciate thou I just need money to start business thou... But who will help
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
franchasng:
I didn't get your message.

Can you rephrase your words so it can be clearer

There are issues beyond the ones you listed as challenges for women. For some women, they find a man who’s quite eligible for marriage except that he’s so very patriarchal... Either that or it’s a man that the woman just can’t fall in love with.

Clear?
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Stewart883(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Saao:
so many children on nairalander, no wonder ....

Lol seriously indeed. The fact is that most of them here were born between 1990 - 2005.

Na them full here oo
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
yeme7:

Thanks man...

You're welcome bro.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by OlawaleBammie: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
fatymore:
This year @ the age of 26...

Fatima!!! Aaahhhh!!!
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by slimshady1000: 11:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
My dear! Prevention is better than cure o. Use all the spray-ables....
That's how we do (here) in my city.

[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=87739129][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
vickydankal:
I’m married, if I knew what I know now I would have gotten married earlier. Maybe by 24 or 25. You see this thing called career mmmm don’t worry let me not shake this table

Shut up and stop discouraging people. I’d advise any sane lady to have a career/job/business before getting married.
Re: Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age by belcom10(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
Same as you bro . Same age same feeling.

Blackbelly:
I wouldn't mind this year at all...would be clocking 29 soon and feeling what it means for a man to be alone. Praying and seeking God for the right lady

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

"Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother / I Have Arrested My Wife / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.