Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (39064 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / Covid-19: Nigeria Didn’t Ask Madagascar For Cure, They Gave Us ― FG / Facebook Is Developing New Tools For Researchers To Track If Social Distancing I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Timigeofrey(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Am only here to apologize for laughing when I saw this topic...am sorry

Trust me we can do it
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by bighorlus(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Good luck to them
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by OtotoC: 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87783613:

Do not laugh at anyone's dream biko.
#BELIEVE

Lol cheesy.
Let's keep believing ooo cheesy

CONFIRMER,
krokroyansh...
(what a moniker you got there aunty!)
!!
Nairaland no go kill person for this compulsory Coronavirus Stay @ Home order o! grin cheesy

But truly....... E fit be us ooooo

grin cheesy wink
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Shepherdd(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
These clowns won't come up with shitt. They claim they looking for vaccine and yet we don't have any electron microscope in the country to take a good look at this novel virus. We are just wasting our time in this country.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by kingsleybrave(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
bmdmixer:
he was an igbo man so i said igbo man, if he were an yoruba man i will still mention yoruba, why e dey pain u?
Chisos
What continent did evolve From?
This your Grammer is total blunder

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Angelfrost(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Greyworld:
This sounds funny to me. Not like I mean to insult any body o, but I think it's better the FG disburse some of the money intended for this to buying Ventilators and hand sanitizers and PPE.

Then the balance should be saved carefully to import the Covid-19 virus vaccines when serious minded people eventually gets them ready.

While the Nigerian Institute of one thing one thing should kindly go back to its usually Hybernation. In fact they should all self isolote.

Believe that lie up there at your own peril... Things like these are just to paint a picture of effectiveness
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by OtotoC: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87784735:

Lol cheesy.
Let's keep believing ooo cheesy
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by wazirmichika1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
With God ALL things are possible
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by uuzba(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
This is a mistake.
SEARCHERS search for cure.
RE-SEARCHERS search for the first search that they searched before...
They don't find anything. They just search for the search that they searched for before.
They're researching the place they searched before.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by DonroxyII: 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
NextD18:
Una never cure malaria for Nigeria, Na Covid una wan cure.

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by uuzba(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Niggeria. Una get researchers? grin
Other countries get researchers una dey form say una dey do research.

Knowing that shithole, the so called researchers ( who will be children, relatives and girlfriends of big men ) will gather as if they are busy, they will assign big pay checks for them and access to one laboratory where they will spend time gisting and little else. They will have lab coats and microscopes but nothing will be going on. If you look more closely you will see that none of the researchers have any research skills or can take a sample.
When you went to school did you do all your science experiments?
If the teacher/school did not have the equipment due to the nonsense of Nigeria, did you STILL go home and try your best to buy the equipment and do the science experiments at home?

Nigerians spend all their free time swiping social media on their phone and attending expensive parties. Whereas your counterparts in foreign countries spend their time experimenting things inside their garage til it works. With this covid-19, they are at it again tirelessly working for a cure inside their rooms and garages

Tomorrow, you will say Nigeria has no researchers. When YOU yourself, never researched anything... And just attended school to pass and run away.

We will all die here.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by lebienconnu: 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
Good one. I so much beleive we can do it.

The virus is a highly mutating entity. A biological model needs to be developed to simulate this mutation so vaccines can be developed prophylactically.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Shattuck(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
the way the govt speaks is so damn annoying talking about researchers because you think this is a child's play you dont have a standard university,you don't have a standard hospital you gat nothing but somehow you are talking about deploying researchers how do you think the process works? somehow they will just bring out a cure from their asses,stupid govt

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by nextstep(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
grin

In serious countries, they fund research agencies, pay salaries on time, and train people extensively. So that when crises come, they are ready to apply what they've been doing to solving problems.

In Nigeria, our agencies are starved of funds and equipment for years. Then once crises arrive, our researchers are to perform miracles in 2 weeks. Electron microscopes, autoclaves, centrifuge, refrigerator? F9. The constant electricity needed? F9. So what are we talking?

In our case researchers should just stay home because things will only get worse if they start testing and experimenting with inadequate equipment and distributing the virus.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by uuzba(m): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
GermanMelania:

Na poor person de get malaria. No mosquito for house with proper net and ac . And if we sanitized the standing waters mosquitos for reduce.
Covid will catch anyone.
Is that so?
So David Livingston that traveled from UK to explore Africa was poor? Because he caught malaria?
-
This is always the attitude of Nigerians.
I am richer than you attitude
You are poor, get lost.
-
NO. THE POOR ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE
They will climb over your fence like living-dead zombies and continue begging you inside your palour and bedroom.
Shey you want to marry? You will go to your village and all the poor people there will climb over you with their demands and requests.

If you like, run overseas. Your foreign guest will continue to point out your Nigerian poor masses to you until you stop ignoring the poor and start helping them.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Neoteny7: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kylekent59:

Why mention "Igbo man" ?

you should have skipped the "Igbo" and continue with your comment.

I am 100% sure you come from the west, because I know a Northerner can't type such.

We can and we will.

It's true, a certain igboe man (who has a fraud case) claimed he'd found the cure. Then he went silent.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by xpool(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/26/covid-19-fg-deploys-nigerian-researchers-to-search-for-cure/

Photo: Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu
Exactly what we desire, not seeking for toxic and expensive drugs oversees.
We understand the languages of herbs and root.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by miky(m): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
Not sure why this is funny to any Nigerians

The government is not responsible for creating a cure or vaccines!! It's the citizens and private industry

And guess who will most likely get infected from the virus, YOU guys not the rich government folks
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ItooWorWor(m): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
Nigeria researchers ke? I nid 2 confam cc imhotep lzaa dabuiiit is dis true grin grin

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by bmdmixer: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
kingsleybrave:

Chisos
What continent did evolve From?
This your Grammer is total blunder
ehya
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jaqenhghar: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
uuzba:

When you went to school did you do all your science experiments?
If the teacher/school did not have the equipment due to the nonsense of Nigeria, did you STILL go home and try your best to buy the equipment and do the science experiments at home?

Nigerians spend all their free time swiping social media on their phone and attending expensive parties. Whereas your counterparts in foreign countries spend their time experimenting things inside their garage til it works. With this covid-19, they are at it again tirelessly working for a cure inside their rooms and garages

Tomorrow, you will say Nigeria has no researchers. When YOU yourself, never researched anything... And just attended school to pass and run away.

We will all die here.
Mr. Man all this you long story sef. I am not a scientist and I dont have to be one to know there is no science research going on in that shithole.
To answer your question , yes I did all my experiments in secondary school but science wasnt my strong point but that is even irrelevant.
No I won't die with you people I already left that dump a long time ago so you will have to find another companion to share your misery

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jman06(m): 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of employees of these agencies are some mediocre people who got there through political connections. How do you expect such people to conduct any meaningful research

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
[s][/s]

You just learnt how to cancel comments and your life depends on it now for survival
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jubilee1982: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
Which scientists are you talking about here?? Those one that are make up artists , musicians or those frying and selling akara in the name of being self employed Oga ,wait for importation of the drug and vaccines Dan Allah
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by alienvirus: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
ArcSEMPECJ:

You just learnt how to cancel comments and your life depends on it now for survival
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Sam4ky(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2020
The cure is here already with us for century. They should just contact me
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by colizee(m): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2020
yehn yehn yehn.....Like you just found out about the virus, just don't go and waste our money... let the capable one's handle it.nonsnsense.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by XANDERBOY85: 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
donbachi:
When other countries were busy building research centers...nigeria was busy building and renovating presidential villa and governors lodge in trillions..forgotten dat,man's comfort zone will someday become his discomfort zone.

.....not to mention the plenty useless public servants and their hangers-on that were sponsored abroad by the public purse for one useless conference or the other! Funny how these conferences are always held in lovely and exotic locations far away from the misery and filth of Nigeria!
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by chaloskyx: 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
what researchers funny people how many % did the Nigerian govt budget in 2020 for medical researchers but you can budget for foreign trip buying brand new vehicles etc. use you vehicles and allowances to find a cure now useless people with no priorities
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by HomoDroid(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
Another Grand Nigerian Scam Loading: If they are really serious, they Should open the ports for more victims until we have the critical mass of patients for genuine medical research. You don't carry out that type of research with just 50 specimens grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.