Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (39063 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / Covid-19: Nigeria Didn’t Ask Madagascar For Cure, They Gave Us ― FG / Facebook Is Developing New Tools For Researchers To Track If Social Distancing I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
KaideeGee:
All the various cures we have been hearing about, wat happened to them? Abi them bin be na audio?

There's no proven cure for COVID-19..treatment is supportive. However, Doctors have used some antiviral agents and DMARDs with grossly ambiguous reports. Researches for more knowledge about the virus, its vaccine and effective cure are still ongoing.

All that's been circulating online in the past few days are simply randomized trials and none has been shown to be evidently efficient yet.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by einsteine(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Lovelyn451:
U sure say US never hijack prof. Iwu's invention? Or are they not done with the screening? They will soon release it and say America has found the cure

Iwu did not discover anything please.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by einsteine(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
How many viruses have cures?

Research is on a vaccine and somebody is mentioning Iwu (set awon Abalaka).
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Dollabiz: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
They are joking right

People who can’t cure malaria
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by GermanMelania: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
uuzba:

Is that so?
So David Livingston that traveled from UK to explore Africa was poor? Because he caught malaria?
-
This is always the attitude of Nigerians.
I am richer than you attitude
You are poor, get lost.
-
NO. THE POOR ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE
They will climb over your fence like living-dead zombies and continue begging you inside your palour and bedroom.
Shey you want to marry? You will go to your village and all the poor people there will climb over you with their demands and requests.

If you like, run overseas. Your foreign guest will continue to point out your Nigerian poor masses to you until you stop ignoring the poor and start helping them.

yes actually. Very poor. Of money and character. Him the uk and weestern europe were poor, if not they need not have come steal us and from us.

You got my point a bit.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by pasol4real(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
bmdmixer:
he was an igbo man so i said igbo man, if he were an yoruba man i will still mention yoruba, why e dey pain u?
Bros your grammar no b here o
Abi na part time secondary school you go?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by shine12: 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
Its like saying Lagos state govt deploying resources to complete Lagos metro. It's possible but you have what you've not developed.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by frog12: 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
i thought iwu said he has a cure
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by maak400: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kylekent59:

Why mention "Igbo man" ?

you should have skipped the "Igbo" and continue with your comment.

I am 100% sure you come from the west, because I know a Northerner can't type such.
You’re also guilty of the same tribalism by saying you’re sure he’s from the west
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Lovelyn451(f): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
einsteine:

Iwu did not discover anything please.

so what did he take there
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Siberia01(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
playapayaski:
Whole world waiting on science for a cure n looking at doctors n nurses for healthcare.. Test some useless deluded set of people would say "school na scam"..
May ur millions save you now, billionaires, footballers, artistes and all entertainment industry pausing and hoping for scientific response..

God bless you bro
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by bmdmixer: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
pasol4real:

Bros your grammar no b here o
Abi na part time secondary school you go?
full time University graduate please rewrite the bad English to correct me, am waiting
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Siberia01(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
blowjohn:

School is still scam in this part of the world.
Are the nurses and doctors still not infected?
The money they are using to help stop the spread of the virus, is it from the pockets of doctors and nurses?
shut up..who asked you?
the money fell from heaven
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by babyfaceafrica: 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Jelzin2412:

There's no proven cure for COVID-19..treatment is supportive. However, Doctors have used some antiviral agents and DMARDs with grossly ambiguous reports. Researches for more knowledge about the virus, its vaccine and effective cure are still ongoing.

All that's been circulating online in the past few days are simply randomized trials and none has been shown to be evidently efficient yet.
those treated, recovered and discharged.. What drugs were used?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Siberia01(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
uuzba:

When you went to school did you do all your science experiments?
If the teacher/school did not have the equipment due to the nonsense of Nigeria, did you STILL go home and try your best to buy the equipment and do the science experiments at home?

Nigerians spend all their free time swiping social media on their phone and attending expensive parties. Whereas your counterparts in foreign countries spend their time experimenting things inside their garage til it works. With this covid-19, they are at it again tirelessly working for a cure inside their rooms and garages

Tomorrow, you will say Nigeria has no researchers. When YOU yourself, never researched anything... And just attended school to pass and run away.

We will all die here.
Your saying the real truth
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by blowjohn(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
Siberia01:
shut up..who asked you?
the money fell from heaven

Kip ur mouth shut.
It fell from ur pockets and ur savings account
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by MightySparrow: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
edoairways:

We don't value our own. That research institute had been there but greed and corruption wouldn't let it function well
On point. their finding will be unreliable because of corruption tendences.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Siberia01(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
blowjohn:

Kip ur mouth shut.
It fell from ur pockets and ur savings account
Go Get Yourself Busy... the money fell from the sky to my pocket.. non of your biz
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Yeansheritage: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
Greyworld:
This sounds funny to me. Not like I mean to insult any body o, but I think it's better the FG disburse some of the money intended for this to buying Ventilators and hand sanitizers and PPE.

Then the balance should be saved carefully to import the Covid-19 virus vaccines when serious minded people eventually gets them ready.

While the Nigerian Institute of one thing one thing should kindly go back to its usually Hybernation. In fact they should all self isolote.

Funny but True
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Zaggie(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by DabuIIIT: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
ItooWorWor:
Nigeria researchers ke? I nid 2 confam
cc imhotep lzaa dabuiiit is dis true grin grin

Be careful o, doubting the zomB in chief by zomB minions is dangerous to your BMC chop-money o!!!!
A word is enough for the mental

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2020
ItooWorWor:
Nigeria researchers ke? I nid 2 confam
cc imhotep lzaa dabuiiit is dis true grin grin
wasted APC researchers everywhere grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Airoflaw(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
grin

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Stevechigo: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ha ha ha what a bunch of clowns.. I just can't stop laughing.. Just another means to syphon our money..
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by einsteine(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
Lovelyn451:
so what did he take there

It was fake news.

How can Iwu have a cure for a disease that was just discovered
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2020
Are we truly backward as a nation?
I don't think so.

Are we less serious than others?
I don't think so.

What if Africa is a continent?
What if west Africa is a continent?
What if Nigeria is a continent, and the states nations?
What if I am a continent and my body parts the nations?
What do we say if anus blames the buttocks for not being the head, where anus can function as a mouth?

Reasoning becomes obscured when comparison becomes the only way of defining things and events. Whoever lives by comparison will never appreciate himself; such entity (person or people) talk more about progress but act otherwise.

Because we are lost in the race of compliance and imitation, we forget our distinctiveness, we condemn our existence, we copy problems and solutions just to give ourselves a sense of doing.
Look very well what we called 'advancement', is it what we think it is?

What is more advance than living together with understanding?
What technology is more effective than a sense of oneness?
What research is more profitable than learning to accept one another?

Unity in purpose is the foundation of all greatness; it is the lifeline of the universe as everything moves toward and around one thing. Therefore, no nation is cursed, except, maybe those who think running precedes crawling.

We are all equally blessed but not equally aware.
If we start thinking right, we will start seeing right.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by loswhite(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
edoairways:

We don't value our own. That research institute had been there but greed and corruption wouldn't let it function well
how can you value greed and corruption?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by edoairways: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2020
loswhite:
how can you value greed and corruption?
What do you mean?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by loswhite(m): 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
edoairways:

What do you mean?
You said we don't value our own
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by edoairways: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2020
loswhite:
You said we don't value our own
Yes we don't, when a Nigerian discover a solution to a problem we tend to shun him
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by AbigailNebechim: 2:55am On Mar 27, 2020
grossintel:
Lol. Because they can't travel abroad on this one. Nonsense.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 4:23am On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
those treated, recovered and discharged.. What drugs were used?

Mostly supportive treatment. Some countries employ trials of the agents I mentioned above. But in the country I live such medications are not licensed for its use and we treat supportively. Recovery from COVID-19 is not as a result of the medication used but depends mostly on one's body immunity to fight the disease and is aided by supportive management. There's no yet an approved or confirmed cure for it...And before you doubt me further; i work in the system and we do not use any of those agents yet people are making good recovery with our supportive care. Science is still struggling to develop drugs that specifically targets the virus until a proven cure is obtained treatment remains supportive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.