Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (39079 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / Covid-19: Nigeria Didn’t Ask Madagascar For Cure, They Gave Us ― FG / Facebook Is Developing New Tools For Researchers To Track If Social Distancing I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by loswhite(m): 6:25am On Mar 27, 2020
edoairways:

Yes we don't, when a Nigerian discover a solution to a problem we tend to shun him
why?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ityP(m): 7:17am On Mar 27, 2020
statesman6:
Thr country that microbiologist have gone into extinction. Medical lab scientist that claim to b microbiologist knw nothing about nature of microorganisms than routine lab diagnosis

MLS no dey claim to be microbiologists. We are microbiologists. You honestly feel we don't know anything about microorganisms? Lmao. You think say the 5 years wey we dey spend for school na waste? 5 years with nothing like IT stealing away 6 months. 5 years of regular lab posting every single break from 300 lvl? All the mico organisms of medical importance, MLS have been grounded well on them.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by babyfaceafrica: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2020
Jelzin2412:

Mostly supportive treatment. Some countries employ trials of the agents I mentioned above. But in the country I live such medications are not licensed for its use and we treat supportively. Recovery from COVID-19 is not as a result of the medication used but depends mostly on one's body immunity to fight the disease and is aided by supportive management. There's no yet an approved or confirmed cure for it...And before you doubt me further; i work in the system and we do not use any of those agents yet people are making good recovery with our supportive care. Science is still struggling to develop drugs that specifically targets the virus until a proven cure is obtained treatment remains supportive.

So chloroquine no dey work?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Robenna(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2020
CrystalMax:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Have They Come

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by statesman6: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2020
ityP:

MLS no dey claim to be microbiologists. We are microbiologists. You honestly feel we don't know anything about microorganisms? Lmao. You think say the 5 years wey we dey spend for school na waste? 5 years with nothing like IT stealing away 6 months. 5 years of regular lab posting every single break from 300 lvl? All the mico organisms of medical importance, MLS have been grounded well on them.
you have done well. Just like the experience and practical knowledge that a road side mechanic have over MSc mechanical engineering. As MLS can you develop a new microorganisms? No. You can only isolate and identify meanwhile some organism are not cultureable. When we are talking about manipulating organism I bet you will have to sit down and learn.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ityP(m): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2020
statesman6:
you have done well. Just like the experience and practical knowledge that a road side mechanic have over MSc mechanical engineering. As MLS can you develop a new microorganisms? No. You can only isolate and identify meanwhile some organism are not cultureable. When we are talking about manipulating organism I bet you will have to sit down and learn.

Well, I agree. We no get that kind knowledge to fey manipulate organisms. Our own na how to diagnose to help clinicians
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by CrystalMax: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2020
Robenna:

Have They Come
Them self no wan comot for village o my brother.
Them no go come.

The topic was just funny
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

So chloroquine no dey work?

It's actually Hydroxychloroquine and like I tried to explain, although it seemed to have been of benefit to very few patients it wasn't successful or yielded no benefit in most cases. That's why it's used in addition with other medications but with caution by few clinicians in some nations.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by babyfaceafrica: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2020
Jelzin2412:

It's actually Hydroxychloroquine and like I tried to explain, although it seemed to have been of benefit to very few patients it wasn't successful or yielded no benefit in most cases. That's why it's used in addition with other medications but with caution by few clinicians in some nations.

So u wouldn't recommend it to someone with malaria-like symptoms?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2020
statesman6:

This is so untrue. Any lab scientist with intelligence and resources and in a developed state can do any of the things you stated. Like it's not an uncommon knowledge Lab scientists do all that...funny u
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 11:56am On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

So u wouldn't recommend it to someone with malaria-like symptoms?

No i wouldn't. It's been off Nigeria guideline and no more recommended even by WHO. Although some people still use it, I consider it quackery.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by babyfaceafrica: 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jelzin2412:

No i wouldn't. It's been off Nigeria guideline and no more recommended even by WHO. Although some people still use it, I consider it quackery.
okay.. But do you think some people are immune to this thing?.. I mean husband can have it and wife may not. An example is when kyari met several politicians and some have other don't have.. It seems to me that not everybody coronavirus can affect.. What can be the cause sir?..
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ItooWorWor(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Be careful o, doubting the zomB in chief by zomB minions is dangerous to your BMC chop-money o!!!!
A word is enough for the mental

grin
Ayah!!!

Coronavirus finally affect yur brain cheesy Ojucrock is not happy grin grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ItooWorWor(m): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
imhotep:
wasted APC researchers everywhere grin grin grin
Dabuiiit is among dem grin grin
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Dabuiiit is among dem grin grin
Impossible.

Cc lzaa turantula

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jelzin2412(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
okay.. But do you think some people are immune to this thing?.. I mean husband can have it and wife may not. An example is when kyari met several politicians and some have other don't have.. It seems to me that not everybody coronavirus can affect.. What can be the cause sir?..

It simply meant that although they came in contact with him the virus wasn't transmitted to them. COVID-19 is transmitted via contact with mucous membranes eg mouth, eyes, nose, vagina, penile opening and anal opening. So it's very possible one could be in contact with someone who has the virus and not get it. Immunity only applies when one has already contracted the virus hence some people are assymptomatic while others may develop symptoms ranging from mild to severe/critical.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by ItooWorWor(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
imhotep:
Impossible.
Cc lzaa turantula
Ask LZAA he told me grin cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Robenna(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
CrystalMax:
Them self no wan comot for village o my brother. Them no go come.
The topic was just funny

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by LZAA: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2020
imhotep:

Impossible.

Cc lzaa turantula
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Insectkiller: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
Go to Prof Iwu's shrine..
He get d cure..

Igbo kwenu!!!

grin grin grin cool shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Vadese1: 9:23am On May 15, 2020
Criminals. Wicked and propaganda government. No flight to convey the drugs to Nigeria, because there is no plenty money to steal, but there was flight to evacuate stranded Nigerians from US, UK and Emirates. God will not forgive this evil government and their stupid supporters

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.