Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR (72577 Views)

SM Ahmadu: Navy Officer Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Absconds In Delta / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by bandOFhorses: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
This is hoax. Saharareporters is trash... bastards just spreading panic for blog traffic
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Avrilhoma(f): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
So the NCDC isn't ready like this o
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by mega13(m): 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
You're not serious, you better wake up and get ready to learn fast because many news reporters you think aren't reporting right information could be the one saying the truth while many others could just be writing what the paymaster want to hear .
ote author=oyebanji44 post=87802921] I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters. [/quote]
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Seventy7kings: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
You see what we're telling some stupid people wishing the virus on our leaders. How will that solve the problem? They're using all the availabile equipment for their families. No matter how, the leaders go survive am, na poor masses go suffer am. The higher the number of our leaders affected, the higher the trouble for the masses. The funniest thing is that some people never get tested and they may be infected already.

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ipobarethieves: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
shocked sad Sanwo Olu is wasting his time,Anyway,nah village sure pass now sad.may we not see evil.Today nah 37th

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by BreconHills(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters.

Quite apart from that, LUTH followed the correct protocol of taking name and details and asking him to self isolate. There is no way the health infrastructure can accommodate everyone who is positive. What it can do is care for the elderly, those with more conditions and those requiring assisted breathing. There is nothing here.

And this is the problem. In a time when we need fact based reporting and critique, some are stoking up emotions for their personal agenda. The only thing for which LUTH has gone wrong is that there is no need for the man to have come in at all. He should have made a toll free call to a LUTH call centre. The Nationsl centre for infectious disease and the hospitals nearest the patient need to get their coordination together - a fact that SR did not spot in their mad hunt for blame Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by nairalanduseles: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

The person is raising an alarm of a possible spread and infection. Made himself known to the correspondent.

He is not serious.. You are raising alarm and don't want your identity published because of stigmatization... How can you go to heaven without dying?.. He needs to come out clean and tell all the dailies what is going on.. If he doesn't want to be stigmatized, then he is not ready to help us

Keep talking trash

Till your aged parents catch am

Then I Will see if your talk changes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ipobarethieves: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
Weds nah hoax or horse,stay safe.Stay alive.Picture dnt lie.Eba Dey sweet oo
bandOFhorses:
This is hoax. Saharareporters is trash... bastards just spreading panic for blog traffic
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Jude82: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
Expert17:
angry

God help 9ja.

We are not ready to fight this virus.

I cover my Family with the blood of Jesus.

Amenooo...
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Emmasnoop(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
Graysons:
Why is he in Nigeria in the first place?

If u as me na who i go ask, ask the useless politicians in the country.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Openbusiness: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
Seun:
I thought our NCDC was more competent than this.
Call their number and see for yourself the wonders of this disaster government
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Sufisunni: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
etokhana:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/03/26/exclusive-lagos-university-teaching-hospital-sends-away-man-who-tested-positive

One of these two men is Benson. He refused to identify himself for fear of stigmatisation
What happened to billions of naira donations?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by delpee(f): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
He should have gone to the [/b]IDH, Mainland Hospital, Yaba[b].
That is what the Commissioner has always said in respect of those who have symptoms.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
If the story is true, let's do the math;

+ 25 in the queue
+ 32 in the public transport to and fro
+ 12 staff (receptionist etc) in the hospital.

Total = +69

Ama stop here. Not tracing further, I leave the rest for the NCDC when they pick phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by dd12345: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
I was in LUTH on Sunday 22nd March 2020 and i was told a covid 19 positive patient was in one of their ward on Saturday 21st March.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Openbusiness: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
Seventy7kings:
You see what we're telling some stupid people wishing the virus on our leaders. How will that solve the problem? They're using all the availabile equipment for their families. No matter how, the leaders go survive am, na poor masses go suffer am. The higher the number of our leaders affected, the higher the trouble for the masses. The funniest thing is that some people never get tested and they may be infected already.
Using equipment doesn't guarantee survival. If you understand immunology and virology, you will know the poor have a better chance of surviving this virus than the wealthy. Our wicked evil terrible politicians won't survive it. 690 deaths in the USA now, don't they have the best equipment?

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by eyinjuege: 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
Not all cases of Corona needs admission please.
It doesnt mean it's a death sentence.
Mr Benson is hale and hearty, and hop he remains so. He should self isolate at home, and can come out after 2 weeks.
Idris Alba and his wife both have corona virus. Noth are in their homes too, despite living in a developed country and worth millions of pounds
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
Senselss story: is LUTH a designated centre for the management of coronavirus case? No.

Sahara , milking their correct score on kYari to the fullest
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by seborrhic: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
SR is a useless medium. It's a glorified blog and a trashy one for that matter
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by michoim(m): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
SR/Sowore ever reporting negative news...too bad, no wonder Sowore failed woefully in the last presidential election
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Seventy7kings: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Openbusiness:
Using equipment doesn't guarantee survival. If you understand immunology and virology, you will know the poor have a better chance of surviving this virus than the wealthy. Our wicked evil terrible politicians won't survive it. 690 deaths in the USA now, don't they have the best equipment?
I don't understand immunology and virology, so please explain to me. Also explain how poor have better chance of surviving it. Thanks as I await your response.

By the way, you mentioned all our evil politicians, so who are the saints that will take over thereafter? Mention few
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ZombiePUNISHER: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
We all know the virus has spread beyond control in Lagos.
A lot of people already have it but are not showing any symptoms yet.

I had serious fever, eye pain, joint pain and dry cough for three days.

I didn't do any test, all I did was isolate myself from others.

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

I'm doing fine now even without any cough mix.
There's no cause for alarm guys.

We're strong enough to handle this.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and prioritize themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

Guys wake up and take charge of your life.

We are on our own oooooo

You didn't have any sore throat?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by juman(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nobody knows how true the story is.

Nigeria has few cases that is why all these cases are taken up by NCDC to hospital.

But the rules in countries all over the world is:
If you are positive to corona and you have mild symptoms you go home to isolate yourself.
The state does not have the capacity to hospitalize every positive tested corona person.
Hospital is for serious cases.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ednut1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
dominique:
When did LUTH start handling covid cases?
fake news
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by LOVEGINO(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters.
but u believe the news of Aba Kyari abi

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by surgical: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and prioritize themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

We are on our own oooooo
is that how government runs elsewhere?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by shekauvsbuhari: 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
stop that. Remember they were the ones who exposed that of Abba Kyari for which they banished them from Aso Rock. Just be careful with your life. Our government is wack. We are on our own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by byinks(f): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hello if you're a close contact of Ben pls tell him to do the following while in self isolation.

Selenium supplement capsule

200 mcg twice a day for the first 2 days

Then once a day afterwards.

Neem leaf extract

He can make a tea from fresh leaves

Or get a potent supplement as a pill or capsule.

He will remain healthy.

He should check his health status again after 3 weeks
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Roon9(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:

We are on our own oooooo

Lols! I know its not funny but bros those 3 days must have been hell for you
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
ipobarethieves:
shocked sad Sanwo Olu is wasting his time,Anyway,nah village sure pass now sad.may we not see evil.Today nah 37th

grin grin grin grin grin And you think you will be safer in the village?

It will be bad there as well
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by mickeymimi: 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Developed countries are treating their doctors , nurses , health workers as heros right now. This Doctors and nurses are the ones leaving their families to go out there to treat the sick people while others are self isolating.... Even retired nurses and doctors were called back to work in the UK

Yesterday UK, Italy spain and other s clapped for their doctors and nurses at 8.00pm.

Pple shld obey the law and stay at home... Some are already labelling the govt as anti christ for closing their places of worship ....they forgot that some of these nurses and doctors that will risk their lives to save , treat them are also born again.

When you tell Nigerians to donate money to build health centres , schools , fix their roads etc .. They will rather donate money to build place of worship.

lets continue.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by DTeekay(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Can the govt just come out and say, "we have procured so so and so to combat CORVID-19" even if it is a pin and let us see pictures?

We still waiting for hand outs from Jack Ma while we buy expensive cars for our House of Reps Members.

Let's be serious with ourselves this is becoming too obvious, no quality Healthcare and you buying expensive cars of which each of the members already have at least 20cars each?

Lives are at stake, Generations unborn will feel the impact of this. How we dealt with it will be reviewed can we then on the day of reckoning beat our chest and say, "I did my best".

Stay at home guys, hunger no fit kill us we go survive am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / Lockdown: A Picture Of Jakande Lekki Axis At Night / Don’t Make The Mistake I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.