Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR (72592 Views)

SM Ahmadu: Navy Officer Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Absconds In Delta / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by wrose(m): 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
ntyce:

It's obviously a fake report.
Where did he do the test?
If Luth, I'm sure the management would have called NCDC.
Exactly. Most Nlanders don't think. They swallow all informations hook, line and sinker
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by safarigirl(f): 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
If there is lack of bed space that means the numbers are higher than is reported. Unless of course they are selling the spaces to the highest bidder-Niggerian style
is it only people with Corona virus that need hospital treatment? You think LUTH doesn't have other patients with other sicknesses to treat?

Why is somebody that is breathing well and casually walking around looking for bed space because he tested positive to Corona virus? He is not aged, doesn't have a pre-existing condition and isn't showing any severe symptoms, he should sit downaat home and take care of himself.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by muzzol: 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Yesterday, we were told by the presidency that a close aide to president Buhari tested positive but they refused to tell us tlhis name. [/quote]

Is Abba Kyari not a close aide of the President? Is he not the Chief of Staff?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by TemmyT002(m): 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters.

Don't be dumb sir.
90% of their news are true
Take this thing seriously
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Ochuksbaba(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
I have read through all the comments,it is well

So no one is even asking of the where bouts of the 2 Corona Uk returnees that got the plaintiff Infected in the first place?
where are they? and how many people have been infected by those agents of corona pollination
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by coronavirus19: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
Seun:
I thought our NCDC was more competent than this.
I hail o! Bossman
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by muzzol: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
NCDC and not LUTH or LASUTH conducts Covid-19 test.....As at today, Lagos has 100 beds at Yaba Isolation Centre and another 100 just built by GT Bank at Onikan.....Dangote Foundation and Access Bank are building additional 1000 at five centers around the state.....reported cases are less than 70, so how can there be shortage of beds for any confirmed case? This news is TOP FAKE amongst fake news

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by IamgratefulLord(f): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
Seun:
I thought our NCDC was meore competent than this.
This is obviously a fake news. How on Earth will they allow him go home,knowing full well he could spread the virus. This is obviously fake news!!! angry tongue I can't believe you fell for this news. Lol!!!
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Jo1nation: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters.
You dont believe any news from sharareporters but believe the one from Buhari, You are a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by wrose(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
AFONJACOW:
Corona is not that bad if u take precautions measures you can manage it without any help from medical practitioner... Isolate urself, eat alot of veges and fruits , don't get hydrated... If u can afford antibiotics go for it, u will be fine, it will just do u like normal 5days malaria and go away...
Nahhh, Antibiotics works only for bacterial infections. This is viral

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
We all know the virus has spread beyond control in Lagos.
A lot of people already have it but are not showing any symptoms yet.

I had serious fever, eye pain, joint pain and dry cough for three days.

I didn't do any test, all I did was isolate myself from others.

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

I'm doing fine now even without any cough mix.
There's no cause for alarm guys.

We're strong enough to handle this.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and prioritize themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

Guys wake up and take charge of your life.

We are on our own oooooo

U probably had it and have beaten it hence becoming immune. Actually what they do in the UK, us and Netherlands is similar to what they did at luth, just that we are not testing enough here. If u feel symptoms in the UK u will be advices to stay home and isolate for 7 days. U don't need test. After 7 days if the condition does not improve or gets worse that is when u can call for medical attention. UK have about 11,600 confirmed cases but in reality they might already have up to 80,000 infected of which many of them have recovered without being tested, admitted or treated. It is actually the strategy deployed by the UK, herd mentality. For people to recover naturally and gain immunity over the disease so they can get back to work without fear of getting infected. This is why they are not introducing the 15 mins rapid test kits from next week or so. The kit does not test for the virus but can test for antibodies against the virus which means the person has already been infected and recovered hence immune. The test can be ordered online and done at home without any help.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2020
wrose:

Nahhh, Antibiotics works only for bacterial infections. This is viral

Antibiotics help in suppressing the symptoms brought by the virus which gives it body's immune system time to develop antibodies against the virus. Antibiotics doesn't kill the virus directly, it is ur immune system that fights it.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by AmeLonRo(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Jaqenhghar: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
safarigirl:
is it only people with Corona virus that need hospital treatment? You think LUTH doesn't have other patients with other sicknesses to treat?

Why is somebody that is breathing well and casually walking around looking for bed space because he tested positive to Corona virus? He is not aged, doesn't have a pre-existing condition and isn't showing any severe symptoms, he should sit downaat home and take care of himself.
you were there and you saw him breathing well. You also forgot the part where he refused to snitch on some very obvious shít thay goes on in those hospitals. Make in8a continue. Una never see anything. Shey he is still mingling with people. Tsk
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by recentelder(m): 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
[quote author=Openbusiness post=87818211].
Using equipment doesn't guarantee survival. If you understand immunology and virology, you will know the poor have a better chance of surviving this virus than the wealthy. Our wicked evil terrible politicians won't survive it. 690 deaths in the USA now, don't they have the best equipment?[/quote
]

More than 1000 death and still counting in USA now
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by tonididdy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyebanji44:
I don't believe any News coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them. Sowore' paid repolrters.
Please exactly what does he stand to benefit by misleading the public.

Deep down in tour heart, you know this is possible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

Hahahaha my womb oo
we play too much in this country

abeg let us play o.

boredo yaff wantu kee me at home. no light, no money, no Gf
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Vatod(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
We all know the virus has spread beyond control in Lagos.
A lot of people already have it but are not showing any symptoms yet.

I had serious fever, eye pain, joint pain and dry cough for three days.

I didn't do any test, all I did was isolate myself from others.

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

I'm doing fine now even without any cough mix.
There's no cause for alarm guys.

We're strong enough to handle this.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and prioritize themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

Guys wake up and take charge of your life.

We are on our own oooooo
please stay on isolation, don't come here oh, I repeat don't come on Nairaland oh
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by wrose(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
greenhulk:

Antibiotics help in suppressing the symptoms brought by the virus which gives it body's immune system time to develop antibodies against the virus. Antibiotics doesn't kill the virus directly, it is ur immune system that fights it.
Antibiotics would help only if there is a secondary bacterial infection. Antibiotics works only when the symptoms are caused by bacteria because their effect is on the bacteria themselves and not on the symptoms associated with them
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Ogaaustine7634: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
see below
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Vatod(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
greenhulk:

U probably had it and have beaten it hence becoming immune. Actually what they do in the UK, us and Netherlands is similar to what they did at luth, just that we are not testing enough here. If u feel symptoms in the UK u will be advices to stay home and isolate for 7 days. U don't need test. After 7 days if the condition does not improve or gets worse that is when u can call for medical attention. UK have about 11,600 confirmed cases but in reality they might already have up to 80,000 infected of which many of them have recovered without being tested, admitted or treated. It is actually the strategy deployed by the UK, herd mentality. For people to recover naturally and gain immunity over the disease so they can get back to work without fear of getting infected. This is why they are not introducing the 15 mins rapid test kits from next week or so. The kit does not test for the virus but can test for antibodies against the virus which means the person has already been infected and recovered hence immune. The test can be ordered online and done at home without any help.
but once you're immune hope you won't be a carrier? Only asking please!
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by donMIG(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
Is this a joke?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by jaxxy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
U can’t just admit sm1 with corona to any hospital cos it can spread to other patients in the hospital for other purposes or treatment.

I has to be a special isolation centre or designated hospital with isolation facilities in place.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by blackboy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
I believe the story. I took some accident victims to the hospital and the hospital staff did not even let us bring them out of the car. They first check their temperature. When it was high they became uncomfortable. Started doubting the accident story and were reluctant to let us in. We should go to another hospital
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by pacificom: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
etokhana:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/03/26/exclusive-lagos-university-teaching-hospital-sends-away-man-who-tested-positive

One of these two men is Benson. He refused to identify himself for fear of stigmatisation
I fear for niger o.... Big man no dey for this COVID19. Our government better get serious before this virus reduce our population by half.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:

I did on the third day but it's gone now

What did you do about it..
Any remedy ?
I aggreviated mine with a hot tea..
Yesterday I couldn't sleep.... I'm getting better though
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
Vatod:
but once you're immune hope you won't be a carrier? Only asking please!

You can't be immune to a virus and same time a carrier.... Haba
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Mizwisdom(f): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think so. The person is raising an alarm of a possible spread and infection. Made himself known to the correspondent. We should take it seriously.

Why didn't you encourage him to contact NCDC?
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Sholaco: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hahahahahaha
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Vatod(m): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

You can't be immune to a virus and same time a carrier.... Haba
Okay thanks, I don't really know
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Hassan88(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Expert17:
angry

God help 9ja.

We are not ready to fight this virus.

I cover my Family with the blood of Jesus.

The blood will soon finish.
This time, it will surely finish.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Xandelle: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
skedman:
Who tested him and where was he tested.it is the responsibility of the Lagos State government to take care of him and that is why the different centres were built including in the national stadium
Sahara reporter you are so irresponsible how can you have this information and you did not take this up rather than reporting after the deed has been done .he might have contact with one of your staff

They are called Sahara reporters.. Not Sahara responsibility takers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / Lockdown: A Picture Of Jakande Lekki Axis At Night / Don’t Make The Mistake I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.