Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Am I Being Stupid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Stupid? (1741 Views)

Am I Too Soft Or I'm Just Being Stupid? / Am I Being Friendzoned? / Am I Being Stupid Here?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Stupid? by bell1255: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2020
I give my gf 10k every month. She's a nurse and she earns 60k. My sis is not working. She has a child and all I give her in a month is 10k (I really think I should add that money to the money I'm giving my sis). Now this so called gf thinks she deserves more than I'm giving her. The fact that I'm giving her 10k every month dosent stop her from insulting my life when we quarrel.
Of course I over love this gal and it makes it difficult for me to breakup. But I hate the fact that she thinks as my gf, she's entitled to my money. Dosent seem to be grateful for d little I'm doing.
Should I overlook it, cos most times I consider the fact that no relationship is perfect and I think all partner will always have traits u do not like.
People always have sense when they are not the ones in love, so I want to hear people's sensible advice.
Should I overlook her bad side?
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by FROGMAN101(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
Yeah no relationship is perfect. In that case I want you to increase that monthly allowance to N30,000 for your girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by bell1255: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
FROGMAN101:
Yeah no relationship is perfect. In that case I want you to increase that monthly allowance to N30,000 for your girlfriend.

No point being sarcastic here man. If it was you what will you do. Advice
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
I know dreams do come alive, but not with this story bro... Try writing another story!
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by FROGMAN101(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2020
bell1255:

No point being sarcastic here man. If it was you what will you do

Thanks for asking what I will do.

From inception, there is no way I would put my girlfriend, a human being with hands and a brain and probably an education like me on a monthly fee.

I guess life is easy over there and you guys don’t work too hard to earn money so I understand you putting a girl on a salary. It’s your money anyways.

Then, Since my sister is having it tough with money and has a child, I would try to help her in the best way I can. Family first always.

Bless.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Romanoff(f): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2020
The fact that she's working shows she should be able to take care of her needs, unless she's living above her means and she's using you to augment her income.

You need to evaluate if that woman loves you for who you are or for what you can offer her.

Your sister needs your support. Try this thing, tell her you'd not be able to meet up with her allowance for two months so you can support your sister, you'll get a reaction from her that will tell you if she's worth being with or not.

Good luck.

10 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
You give her 10k every month. My only advice is come and be my boyfriend grin hshahahaaa..

On a more serious note, since she's still a girlfriend and has a source of income, I'll advise you reduce that monthly giving to once in three months and be giving it to your sis pending when she gets something doing.

The part she insults you is a no no especially as both of you are still in a relationship. If she can't respect you now, she won't respect you in marriage. You may have to call her to order now, if she doesn't stop with the insults, then pack it up.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by donbachi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
Take care if ur sis....dat babe na just girlfriend
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by pryme(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
bell1255:

No point being sarcastic here man. If it was you what will you do. Advice

Since are smart enough to know he is being sarcastic, why cant you be smart enough to know that nothing good comes out from someone that takes you for granted?

You should not being looking for acceptance from people that wont help you grow or make you a better person.
Sorry to say you are not a nice guy, but a weak guy.
Love should not be an excuse for lack of common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by potent5(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Weak guy indeed.
pryme:

Since are smart enough to know he is being sarcastic, why cant you be smart enough to know that nothing good comes out from someone that takes you for granted?

You should not being looking for acceptance from people that wont help you grow or make you a better person.
Sorry to say you are not a nice guy, but a weak guy.
Love should not be an excuse for lack of common sense.
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by placeofallure(f): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
First, go and learn this: Doesn't not Dosent, okay?

Then, what's the big deal about 10k monthly. If it's something you can afford why not? In relationships, there'll always be quarrells. If you two are matured enough, it doesn't take name calling or blame game to resolve your misunderstandings. This shouldn't determine in anyway too, whether she gets something at the end of the month or not. I'd rather you help out financially as the need arises not like salary. She can help you out too. Create scenarios that will require her to help you out. Even if you have to fake it. That's how to double check.

Your sister need all the help she can get, even if she doesn't have a child, even if she works. There are circumstances that will just spring up and you are grappling. Give people freely as they need it, without conditions or inhibitions.

Good luck to you
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by baralatie(m): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
gf earns #60k
you gav #10k
you are a loving boyfriend when are going go marry and become husband and wife
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Raphsays: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
Op
What are u paying 10k for monthly?
For just being ur girlfriend.

Ur sister is struggling, ur parents may be struggling too.
How much has ur so called gf sent to ur sister or parent?

As far as I am concerned, she earns dough which can cater for her needs and I am sure u're still meeting her other needs.

Cut off the allowance and support her if need arises and give better attention to ur sister and family.
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by gunners160(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
Yes u are stupid.
u are stupid for sending ur sister 10k. Since she knows how to open r legs, she should know how to work besides where is her husband

You are also stupid for sending ur gf 10k are u her father or is she entitled to anything?

you Are stupid for allowing a stupid gal ride u and control you
infact u are stupid that is why she herself is calling you stupid

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by jahguide2268(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
And the answer to the above question is YES.., u ar being stupid
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Tallesty1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2020
You're not being stupid bro.

You're stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Oluromantic: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Yes you're very stupid. Is she your first? She will dump you soon. Prepare for emotional trauma. Sorry!
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Naomila: 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
one word..YES!!
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
Romanoff:
The fact that she's working shows she should be able to take care of her needs, unless she's living above her means and she's using you to augment her income.

You need to evaluate if that woman loves you for who you are or for what you can offer her.

Your sister needs your support. Try this thing, tell her you'd not be able to meet up with her allowance for two months so you can support your sister, you'll get a reaction from her that will tell you if she's worth being with or not.

Good luck.
How I wish I can give you 2O likes
Some girls don't know it that way they feel they are entitled to the money their own parents can't give them
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Freelane33(m): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
I’m coming bro , let me quickly go to market before they Lock everywhere up . Brb
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by akaahs(m): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
U are being stupid bro, no offence. Uptop ur 10k someone who U aren't married dey insult you and U are here talking about love instead of U to more wise and logical about the all issues.
I'm not giving any advice. Used ur head and do the needful.
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
You are not completely stupid yet.

I suggest you make your girlfriend a signatory to you bank account and stop giving your sister any money at all so as to fully complete your journey into stupidity. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2020
I will never understand the rationale behind placing a girlfriend on monthly pay. Lol is she rendering a form of service by being your girlfriend? You guys are the ones who ignorantly put chains in your necks handing keys over to girlfriends all in the name of being a MAN.

Lol, to think the nurse earns too? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by tyup(m): 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
J111333:
You are not completely stupid yet.

I suggest you make your girlfriend a signatory to you bank account and stop giving your sister any money at all so as to fully complete your journey into stupidity. undecided

Lmao grin grin
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Godsonjolly: 6:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Tallesty1:
You're not being stupid bro.

You're stupid.
Mad grin
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by TerryMcGinis(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
bell1255:
I give my gf 10k every month. She's a nurse and she earns 60k. My sis is not working. She has a child and all I give her in a month is 10k (I really think I should add that money to the money I'm giving my sis). Now this so called gf thinks she deserves more than I'm giving her. The fact that I'm giving her 10k every month dosent stop her from insulting my life when we quarrel.
Of course I over love this gal and it makes it difficult for me to breakup. But I hate the fact that she thinks as my gf, she's entitled to my money. Dosent seem to be grateful for d little I'm doing.
Should I overlook it, cos most times I consider the fact that no relationship is perfect and I think all partner will always have traits u do not like.
People always have sense when they are not the ones in love, so I want to hear people's sensible advice.
guy God bless you and you no won get sense ba, babe wey dey earn 60k. U still dey dash am onto say you be dangote son. Abeg I need just 3k for an important project..i go appreciate. BTW your gf is an ungrateful cow
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
How comfortable are you? It's a wrong move to give a girl monthly stipends, even though I know you just want to show care. Give her gifts and if you must give her cash, let it be spontaneous and unplanned so she can better appreciate it.
In this your case, your sister needs the money more. As for your girlfriend insulting you, that's a cue to leave. She doesn't respect you. A man who isn't respected by his woman isn't a man.
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Martinez39s(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
bell1255:
You are stupid. You should dump her.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Rhaspody(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
yes. you are being stupid
Re: Am I Being Stupid? by Kobicove(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
bell1255:
I give my gf 10k every month. She's a nurse and she earns 60k. My sis is not working. She has a child an.

Why would you be tolerating insults from your girlfriend?

(1) (Reply)

Actress Pat Ugwu Strips To Her Underwear As She Twerks For Her Followers (video) / Jealous Husband Kills Rival And Burns The Body In His Home (photos) / Fuckmate Needed Urgently In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.