Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? (4206 Views)

2023: APC Must Field A Northerner To Retain Power - Fani Kayode / Ohanaeze To North: Nigeria Will Sink If You Retain Power, Criticizes Atiku / FFK: The Muslim North May Retain Power For The Next 20 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

I think the core northerners are playing Yoruba's
I have been sampling the polity in the north and from core northerners,and its very obvious that they may likely leave APC and support PDP
Well ,the two parties na rubbish

Who are the core northerners and where did they meet to agree to support PDP and leave APC?
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by sweetsell: 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
How a human can be proud of a foolish comment is beyond my imagination but what level of foolishness as Igbo n ipob not introduced on NL.

gidgiddy:

I think that APC was all about "project Buhari presidency". In 2023, there will be no Buhari and APC is most likely going to field a Southerner after 8 years of Buhari. This means that that APC will no longer be attractive to the North who are hell bent on retaining power in 2023. With Very little support for APC in the North and the SE/SE area, their chances of winning are next to zero

I dont see APC winning the 2023 elections
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Overself: 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

Didnt apc thrash pdp in bayelsa
APC cheated to win Bayelsa,but God disgrace ur party on d 11th hour gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:
Well,it will be difficult because most northerners voted for APC because of the buhari factor
1.Buhari's home state( katsina),feel let down
2.most middle beltans feel let down
3.APC will make a good gain in south south and south east
4South west will be 50/50
You are contradicting yourself and even confirming my earlier assertions.you are a south southerner like me,we dont play politics of hate.how can the votes in sw be 50 50 esp when apc votes will rise in ss and se? Its funny.dont forget apc candidate will likely be a south westerner and vote percentage will not be below 65%? Dont be deceived by the past close margins,yorubas will work for a yoruba candidate im tandem.

Before 2015 polls,you and most pdp faithfuls claimed that the north is disappointed with apc but we all saw it.dont make that mistake again,keep hatred aside.
The buhari factor will still come to play in 2023 but not as much as before but as far as buhari campaigns for apc,they will still win north west and north east no matter who pdp presents even if its kwankwaso.pdp votes will surely increase here but if pdp presents a northerner and apc a southerner,the middle belt which is becoming anti core north will still prefer apc.

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
Overself:

APC cheated to win Bayelsa,but God disgrace ur party on d 11th or gringrin
Cheated in what way? Was diri ever popular? Did he struggle to win his lga or not
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

I think the core northerners are playing Yoruba's
I have been sampling the polity in the north and from core northerners,and its very obvious that they may likely leave APC and support PDP
Well ,the two parties na rubbish
You are sampling nothing.the northerners are not as robotic,one way or biased in voting as you think.since buhari started contesting in 2003,they always voted him except middle belt sometimes.before then,they were sophisticated and rational voters like the yorubas.they are not as determined to retsin power in the north as you think.when time reach,all parties will zone power to the south.anyone zoning to the north is wasting his time.do not mistake voting for buhari to mean that the north can only vote only northerners.with buhari out of the picture,they will go back to their pre 2003 voting pattern.those northern elites talking about retaining power in the north are not as powerful or control voters as you think.only buhari has their button for now.

The north is not deceiving the yoruba.even if power doesn't come down to yorubas,it will still be the south.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Who are the core northerners and where did they meet to agree to support PDP and leave APC?
Thsnk you
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

I think that APC was all about "project Buhari presidency". In 2023, there will be no Buhari and APC is most likely going to field a Southerner after 8 years of Buhari. This means that that APC will no longer be attractive to the North who are hell bent on retaining power in 2023. With Very little support for APC in the North and the SE/SE area, their chances of winning are next to zero

Apc is getting stronger in the ss,se and will get more votes in 2023.you saw the votes in bsyelsa.pdp may likely lose rivers.if udom is not careful,he may lose akwa ibom.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Jostoman: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nigerians voted for Atiku massively but oshiomole and his gang decided to impose buhari on us.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Jostoman: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

Cheated in what way? Was diri ever popular? Did he struggle to win his lga or not
APC won in bayelsa through the help of oshiomole and security agent.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jostoman:
APC won in bayelsa through the help of oshiomole and security agent.
How? Why didnt they win rivers and edo im presidential polls? Are you telling me that you didnt notice the resolve of the people to vote against dickson's candidate
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Katsina
Kano
Will very likely vote in pdp
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

You are sampling nothing.the northerners are not as robotic,one way or biased in voting as you think.since buhari started contesting in 2003,they always voted him except middle belt sometimes.before then,they were sophisticated and rational voters like the yorubas.they are not as determined to retsin power in the north as you think.when time reach,all parties will zone power to the south.anyone zoning to the north is wasting his time.do not mistake voting for buhari to mean that the north can only vote only northerners.with buhari out of the picture,they will go back to their pre 2003 voting pattern.those northern elites talking about retaining power in the north are not as powerful or control voters as you think.only buhari has their button for now.

The north is not deceiving the yoruba.even if power doesn't come down to yorubas,it will still be the south.
I stay with the north,they are power hungry,just bookmark this,
Northerners trust themselves more irrespective of the religious divide
They might throw in someone from northeast
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:
Well,it will be difficult because most northerners voted for APC because of the buhari factor
1.Buhari's home state( katsina),feel let down
2.most middle beltans feel let down
3.APC will make a good gain in south south and south east
4South west will be 50/50

Your number four is very incorrect.

Check the vote pattern since 1959, anytime a Yoruba man is on the ballot, the Yoruba people will give him nothing less than 80 - 85% of their votes.

Check all the time Awo contested, he got the numbers in the west.
During Falae OBJ 1999, we voted one way for Falae with over 85%.
During 2003 OBJ, we also voted one way for OBJ.

Come 2023, if a Yoruba man is on the ballot, you will see that he will still have that much majority. Especially when it’s someone like Osinbajo or Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

Apc is getting stronger in the ss,se and will get more votes in 2023.you saw the votes in bsyelsa.pdp may likely lose rivers.if udom is not careful,he may lose akwa ibom.
You are confusing yourself and you are ignorant of some things
1.APC can only win akwa ibom,if PDP don't zone the ticket to uyo senatorial district and if its power sharing and primaries ain't fair enough
2For rivers state,it might likely be same as akwa ibom(but for sure APC will put up a good fight
3 If the pattern is followed as in point one and two APC will have no chance but in south east APC will win abia convinvingly ,but other south eastern states ,its a no
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Your number four is very incorrect.

Check the vote pattern since 1959, anytime a Yoruba man is on the ballot, the Yoruba people will give him nothing less than 80 - 85% of their votes.

Check all the time Awo contested, he got the numbers in the west.
During Falae OBJ 1999, we voted one way for Falae with over 85%.
During 2003 OBJ, we also voted one way for OBJ.

Come 2023, if a Yoruba man is on the ballot, you will see that he will still have that much majority. Especially when it’s someone like Osinbajo or Fashola.
Yoruba being on the ballot doesn't amount to victory for them
FYI: The awareness now is massive in south east and south south, and the politicans are also now hungry than before but are only pretending
Akpabio
Amaechi
Omo agege
Oshiomhole
Etc have perdlfecrlted the art of cheating,and they may likely work together
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

FYI: The awareness now is massive in south east and south south, and the politicans are also now hungry than before but are only pretending
Akpabio
Amaechi
Omo agege
Oshiomhole

That is left for the electorate to decide nationally. I am just telling you that a Yoruba on the ballot will Win the SW with minimum 80-85% of the vote.

On the issue of the SS politicians you mentioned, they will all fall in line and campaign for APC if a Yoruba man emerges as the presidential candidate. They have a lot to gain if the southern caucus in APC gets the president than what they stand to loose. Especially when Tinubu is in the picture.

You also speak like you know the minds of everybody. Should I also tell you Kwakwanso will align with Tinubu ahead of 2023? Since we have all decided to be throwing the art of reading minds without proof.

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

You are confusing yourself and you are ignorant of some things
1.APC can only win akwa ibom,if PDP don't zone the ticket to uyo senatorial district and if its power sharing and primaries ain't fair enough
2For rivers state,it might likely be same as akwa ibom(but for sure APC will put up a good fight
3 If the pattern is followed as in point one and two APC will have no chance but in south east APC will win abia convinvingly ,but other south eastern states ,its a no
We have argued all these last year and i bested you.its time you listen.i agree with number one,udom is looking for a way to cheat or sideline oba and if oba does not get pdp ticket,apc will surely win aks.

I also agree with your number two.wike will likely zone the power to an ikwerre person against his earlier agreement to give it to felix obuah or magnus abe.those ars the only people that can stand apc.
Apc cannot win abia just like they cannot win ebonyi or enugu.the electoral demography in abia favors pdp,no matter who pdp brings will win except apc can find a Way to stop massive rigging in abia south
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Your number four is very incorrect
1.PDP will likely retain Oyo
2.PDP will regain ekiti
3.osun is 50/50
4.Lagos will remain an APC state
5.Ogun will remain apc
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

I stay with the north,they are power hungry,just bookmark this,
Northerners trust themselves more irrespective of the religious divide
They might throw in someone from northeast
The north are conscious that it is the turn of the south,they are not as power hungry as you think.why didnt they vote out abiola,obj or gej in 2011? Only few corrupt elites are power hungry
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Akpabio
Amaechi
Omo agege
Oshiomhole
I agree that is why i said apc are getting stronger in ss and ss may get the ticket in 2023 that is if these people can work together.the presence of such electoral warlords in apc is another reason why apc will still beat pdp.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

2.PDP will regain ekiti
3.osun is 50/50
5.Ogun will remain apc

Now you’re talking about governorship elections right?

Let me tell you, in a presidential election with a Yoruba man on the ballot, even Makinde will work underground for APC. I repeat, the candidate will not get less than 80-85% votes in all SW states.

Now to governorship elections, the SW voters are very advanced and they tend to vote candidate over parties especially in swing states. With the exception of Lagos, both PDP and APC have ruled all the states in the SW. we have alternated between parties even during the days of AD and PDP.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

We have argued all these last year and i bested you.its time you listen.i agree with number one,udom is looking for a way to cheat or sideline oba and if oba does not get pdp ticket,apc will surely win aks.

I also agree with your number two.wike will likely zone the power to an ikwerre person against his earlier agreement to give it to felix obuah or magnus abe.those ars the only people that can stand apc.
Apc cannot win abia just like they cannot win ebonyi or enugu.the electoral demography in abia favors pdp,no matter who pdp brings will win except apc can find a Way to stop massive rigging in abia south
1Apc will win abia cause the electorates win vent their anger
2.forget about APC in akwa ibom,its filled with light weight politicians with no integrity
2a.Umanah has done little or nothing for akwa ibomites and he is greedy
2b. Udoedehe,is a greedy man and stingy
3c.nsima,is corrupt,bankrupt,greedy
**APC might slightly win oron nation votes
**Other parts of eket senatorial district will go for PDP
**Uyo senatorial district,will wholly vote for any PDP candidate from their zone,inasmuch as the process is slightly transparent
**Ikot ekpene district(akpabio still has lots of interests in pdp,forget that he is presently chopping from APC because he knows that APC at the central might fall,so the votes are likely gonna be 55/45
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

2.PDP will regain ekiti
3.osun is 50/50
5.Ogun will remain apc
1 the major factor that brought makinde to power is the coalition that ladoja forged and it is breaking apart.again,apc underrated makinde and so far he is not trying.if apc can zone power to oke ogun,they may retake oyo.
2 pdp will not regain ekiti.fayemi is in complete control while olujimi and fayose are struggling.apc candidate may likely be prince adeyeye and nobody in pdp can beat him.bamidele is another popular person.
3 osun is 50 50 as you said.
4 is easy
5 is easy.abiodun is not doing well but the opposition is too weak
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

I agree that is why i said apc are getting stronger in ss and ss may get the ticket in 2023 that is if these people can work together.the presence of such electoral warlords in apc is another reason why apc will still beat pdp.
APC will get stronger in se and ss but will lose grounds in north central and northwest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

1 the major factor that brought makinde to power is the coalition that ladoja forged and it is breaking apart.again,apc underrated makinde and so far he is not trying.if apc can zone power to oke ogun,they may retake oyo.
2 pdp will not regain ekiti.fayemi is in complete control while olujimi and fayose are struggling.apc candidate may likely be prince adeyeye and nobody in pdp can beat him.bamidele is another popular person.
3 osun is 50 50 as you said.

4 is easy
5 is easy.abiodun is not doing well but the opposition is too weak
You think so
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by rexwalters: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

Faint Dreamer, Vice President Osinbajo is the next President of Nigeria, he will be left there by the inner circle (Cabal), Who will determine who his running mate from North East, most probably a Kanuri from Borno State would be, just like Babaginda left Sani Abacha, to protect Buhari’s legacy, which he is a part of, anyone tries to complain, they will manipulate & rig the elections like PDP did in 2007.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

1Apc will win abia cause the electorates win vent their anger
2.forget about APC in akwa ibom,its filled with light weight politicians with no integrity
2a.Umanah has done little or nothing for akwa ibomites and he is greedy
2b. Udoedehe,is a greedy man and stingy
3c.nsima,is corrupt,bankrupt,greedy
**APC might slightly win oron nation votes
**Other parts of eket senatorial district will go for PDP
**Uyo senatorial district,will wholly vote for any PDP candidate from their zone,inasmuch as the process is slightly transparent
**Ikot ekpene district(akpabio still has lots of interests in pdp,forget that he is presently chopping from APC because he knows that APC at the central might fall,so the votes are likely gonna be 55/45
In 2015 abians voted masdively for apga but pdp used obingwa to do the magic.same thing happened last year.the governor is ngwa which is the largest group in abia and will go with pdp.

Udoedehe cannot win.umanah actually won in 2015 but was brutally rigged out by akpabio.

Majority of aks even apc people have already accepted oba as the next governor,it is a fait accompli.him and onofiok luke made udom win.if he is denied,pdp will lose akwa ibom as he will defect to apc and be the candidate.even if he doesnt decamp,he will work for umanah.udom is actually the lightweight politician here,it was a massive collabo before he could win.rtd commodore nkanga and senator Bob are deceiving udom.in 2023 it will be free for all in akwa ibom,nobody in pdp is ready to work for anything that is not oba.you saw what happened in bayelsa.
I will say apc will win the three zones narrowly if oba is not the candidate aftersll the apc csndidate will still be ibibio.in 2023,rigging will reduce and popular votes will count more.apc will always produce popular candidates than pdp
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by rexwalters: 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Adeyeye just decamped to pdp
Highly irrelevant, he is running back to the party, that lady Senator chased him from?, APGA would have been a better choice, Fayemi will choose the next Governor of Ekiti State.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

In 2015 abians voted masdively for apga but pdp used obingwa to do the magic.same thing happened last year.the governor is ngwa which is the largest group in abia and will go with pdp.

Udoedehe cannot win.umanah actually won in 2015 but was brutally rigged out by akpabio.

Majority of aks even apc people have already accepted oba as the next governor,it is a fait accompli.him and onofiok luke made udom win.if he is denied,pdp will lose akwa ibom as he will defect to apc and be the candidate.even if he doesnt decamp,he will work for umanah.udom is actually the lightweight politician here,it was a massive collabo before he could win.rtd commodore nkanga and senator Bob are deceiving udom.in 2023 it will be free for all in akwa ibom,nobody in pdp is ready to work for anything that is not oba.you saw what happened in bayelsa
My brother,udom looks cool but he is like obj that used ty danjuma,Jeremiah useni just to know the in and out of everything and then dumped dem
Never under estimate political son not that dull ambode ohhhhh

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

You think so
This is the reality on ground.no one analyses better than me in this forum
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
rexwalters:
Highly irrelevant, APGA would have been a better choice.

Accepted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another To Day Remind You That There's Nothing Like Middlebelt But North(photos) / Chimamanda Models For Dior Hours Before Writting To U.S President / Iwo Road Ibadan,Oyo State (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.