Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? (4205 Views)

2023: APC Must Field A Northerner To Retain Power - Fani Kayode / Ohanaeze To North: Nigeria Will Sink If You Retain Power, Criticizes Atiku / FFK: The Muslim North May Retain Power For The Next 20 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

OK,if you think so
You check am now.osibanjo grew up from the tinubu political school,he is not a pushups.surely by 2023 he must have studied the cabal and understood their weaknesses.dont underestimate a prof
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Segun oni and others
His time has passed

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by gidgiddy: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
rexwalters:
No serious Political Party in Nigeria will field a Northern candidate, it can, but it is dead on arrival, they will loose woefully at the General elections. 2023 is exclusively for the south, be you Yoruba, or Igbo.

Come 2023, its most likely that the North will rally around a fellow Northerner, may be Atiku. The Northerners have already said rotational presidency is not recognised in constitution

If the Northerners rally around one person, that person is likely to win the presidency.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

If APC have anything left is among their intellectual cliques, they should field Osinbajo and I am very sure he will defeat anybody PDP presents.

Osinbajo will even get more votes that Buhari did in the SS if the PDP field a northerner. It’s just plain simple.

If Osinbajo picks a well respected Islamic advocate politician in the North as his vice then they will get considerable votes against a northern PDP candidate in the same north.

Osinbajo is gentle and the Northern cabals will still be willing to tolerate him than having a strong hardcore southerner on the ballot.
Yes,osibanjo has national goodwill.he has never really challenged the north and has been loyal to buhari just like gej was to yaradua.even a lot in pdp love him just like many in apc including me like umahi.he should choose ganduje,el rufai,wamakko,shetyima or zulum as vice

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

Come 2023, its most likely that the North will rally around a fellow Northerner, may be Atiku. The Northerners have already said rotational presidency is not recognised in constitution

If the Northerners rally around one person, that person is likely to win the presidency.
Where did they say so? You mean a few irrelevant,outdated politicians like prof ango?

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Yoruba's sees it that its their right and they are technically not in good relationship with south south and south east
If so,ss will snatch it from them but for me any southerner is ok

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by gidgiddy: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

Why vote a northerner when its the turn of the south? Why didnt they vote tofa in 1993

That was then, this is now. The only the North care about is political power, it is the only thing that keeps them relevant.

The North will not respect rotational presidency. Already, Arewa youths have started mobilising to back a fellow Northerner in 2023
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

PDP will lose Cross river cause ibdont see that greedy ayade supporting zoning formulae
As for katsina,my guy no talk that one cause you don't know what transpired in the governorship election
Tell me what transpired in katsina guber.

How will pdp lose cross river? Even apc is stronger in aks than in cross river.except pdp jettison zoning,they will still win.their structure is too strong but apc is getting stronger
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

That was then, this is now. The only the North care about is political power, it is the only thing that keeps them relevant.

The North will not respect rotational presidency. Already, Arewa youths have started mobilising to back a fellow Northerner in 2023

Arewa youths are toothless bulldogs. They supported Atiku in the last election and lost.

They are just noise makers and they are not the decision makers for the North.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

How many are the arewa youths? Me and you can form fictional arewa groups on paper.only buhari and maybe some emirs and kwankwaso commands the vote of most arewa youths.most voters are becoming independent minded and not under any failed politician.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Arewa youths are toothless bulldogs. They supported Atiku in the last election and lost.

They are just noise maker and they are not the decision makers for the North.

They all supported gej in 2015 but we saw the end

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by rexwalters: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

I agree but adeyeye and bamidele are the most popular people in ekiti now
What is popularity? Fayemi, and his cabal will rig the the whole process in Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose would have joined them in APC by then, since Adeyeye has returned to PDP, can any name be more popular in Osun State than the Adelekes, with all the fame and billions, a no name defeated them, personally I can’t remember the name of the Governor of Osun State right now.

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by gidgiddy: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

They are just noise makers and they are not the decision makers for the North.

The simple mathematics here is that for anyone to win the presidency, they must carry at least 4 of the 6 geopolitical zones so as to get the highest vote and spread.

If all 3 geopolitical zones in the North decide to back a Northerner, no one in South has any chance of winning

It gets even worse for Yorubas because at this point in time, no Yoruba man can be able to carry any geopolitical zone in the South aside the SW. At least GEJ carried the SE/SS twice he ran.

That is why no Yoruba can be president unless he gets massive backing from the North and I dont that happening.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

The simple mathematics here is that for anyone to win the presidency, they must carry at least 4 of the 6 geopolitical zones so as to get the highest vote and spread.

If all 3 geopolitical zones in the North decide to back a Northerner, no one in South has any chance of winning

It gets even worse for Yorubas because at this point in time, no Yoruba man can be able to carry any geopolitical zone in the South aside the SW. At least GEJ carried the SE/SS twice he ran.

That is why no Yoruba can be president unless he gets massive backing from the North and I dont that happening.

Yes you are right mathematically. Yoruba cannot pull it off alone and the best bet is to forge alliance with the North.

Because a candidate is a Northerner does not imply he will enjoy massive vote from the North. The only northerner that enjoy such massive follower is Buhari. The middle belt is also part of the North and there is Yoruba presence in Kogi and Kwara.

Since Buhari is not on the ballot, it will now be a game of political parties and re-alliance. No one can predict with certainty that an Osinbajo with El-Rufai vice will not win a lot of states in the North against let’s say Tambuwal or Atiku.

Yorubas have gotten the support of North before and I think the North don’t look that much rigid in their vote manner like we always tend to portray them.

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

How will pdp lose cross river? Even apc is stronger in aks than in cross river.except pdp jettison zoning,they will still win.their structure is too strong but apc is getting stronger
In katsina,they rigged it totally,by changing the result sheet
Senator Lado is more popular and grass rooted compared to Rt hon. Masari
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

There's nothing they can do if he wins the primaries.plus buhari loves him
What makes you think pmb loves him
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

I never said am superhuman,i only try to do things differently and uniquely
Yeah ,you under estimates PDP and over believe apc
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

What makes you think pmb loves him
Is it not obvious
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

How many are the arewa youths? Me and you can form fictional arewa groups on paper.only buhari and maybe some emirs and kwankwaso commands the vote of most arewa youths.most voters are becoming independent minded and not under any failed politician.
You are ignorant of lots of things
1.north is divided as follows;
northern Christians; taraba,Adamawa,southern borno,southern bauchi,southern gombe,southern Kaduna,central Kaduna,southern kebbi,plateau
2.Northern major minorities; kogi,kwara,nasarawa
3.core northern Hausa/Fulani's
The north is not as extremely powerful as we think
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

Is it not obvious
Where have the VP been since 2020?
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
rexwalters:
What is popularity? Fayemi, and his cabal will rig the the whole process in Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose would have joined them in APC by then, since Adeyeye has returned to PDP, can any name be more popular in Osun State than the Adelekes, with all the fame and billions, a no name defeated them, personally I can’t remember the name of the Governor of Osun State right now.
You are wrong,
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
senatordave1:

PDP will lose PDP is ayade,doesn't respect zoning formulae by zoning power to CR SOUTH
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

PDP will lose PDP is ayade,doesn't respect zoning formulae by zoning power to CR SOUTH
Ayade will be forced to respect it
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Where have the VP been since 2020?
How many deputy governors do you see showing off? With 2023 around,it is better osibanjo pretends to be mumuish and stay or lie low away from the cabal inorder to reduce their aggression.48 laws of power.atiku fought obj and see where he is
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

You are ignorant of lots of things
1.north is divided as follows;
northern Christians; taraba,Adamawa,southern borno,southern bauchi,southern gombe,southern Kaduna,central Kaduna,southern kebbi,plateau
2.Northern major minorities; kogi,kwara,nasarawa
3.core northern Hausa/Fulani's
The north is not as extremely powerful as we think
I know all these things ufan mi.i know even more than you but lets leave that.that the north is not as powerful as we claim is why apc will likely win the absence of buhari.majority of the christian northerners are now pro south and will vote a southernet moreso osibanjo against a northerner from pdp to spite the core north.
Even in the core north,many are still loyal to buhari.a narrow win in the north and a narrow win in the south or a narrow lose is the best cade scenario
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by olril17(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Your number four is very incorrect.

Check the vote pattern since 1959, anytime a Yoruba man is on the ballot, the Yoruba people will give him nothing less than 80 - 85% of their votes.

Check all the time Awo contested, he got the numbers in the west.
During Falae OBJ 1999, we voted one way for Falae with over 85%.
During 2003 OBJ, we also voted one way for OBJ.

Come 2023, if a Yoruba man is on the ballot, you will see that he will still have that much majority. Especially when it’s someone like Osinbajo or Fashola.
just log in cos of this bro..
I'm also yoruba and I will tell u in 2023 even if Apc present a yoruba man,they will be lucky to get 60 percent talk more of 80,%...
I don't even think u realise how much a lot of people are angry at Apc and tinubu is not that liked cos a lot are tired of his influence...elections in 2023 in sw will be a case of transfferd agression and anger whoever the Apc presents..
the past u stated will not happen again in Sw..because of a lot of differing factors..
pls bookmark this post if u disagree.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

In katsina,they rigged it totally,by changing the result sheet
Senator Lado is more popular and grass rooted compared to Rt hon. Masari
I don't know much about lado to be honest but rigging nd changing result sheets is not a new thing.it is common in all parts of nigeria and with all politicians.it is why apc still hold the aces in 2023

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
olril17:
I'm also yoruba and I will tell u in 2023 even if Apc present a yoruba man,they will be lucky to get 60 percent talk more of 80,%...
I don't even think u realise how much a lot of people are angry at Apc and tinubu is not that liked cos a lot are tired of his influence...elections in 2023 in sw will be a case of transfferd agression and anger whoever the Apc presents..

Thank God you are Yoruba. Let me ask you a simple question.

If you have Osinbajo or Fashola in APC on the ticket against El-Rufai and Kwakwanso in PDP, who will you vote for?

I want your honest answer.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
olril17:
the past u stated will not happen again in Sw..because of a lot of differing factors..
pls bookmark this post if u disagree.

The iya in the market in Osogbo don’t even know who Kwakwanso is not alone the baba farming in Ogbomosho. Also, PDP don’t have the machinery, warchest and money to mobilize voters in the SW like the APC and so the people with the highest spend will carry the day.

APC in the center is different from APC within states. The voters in Ekiti have seen the wonders by Fayemi while those of Ondo have seen what Akeredolu can do. They won’t be blinded by sentiments of a Buhari incompetence against an Osinbajo or Fashola which they have learnt to love.

1 Like

Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by senatordave1(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
otuekong1:

Yeah ,you under estimates PDP and over believe apc
Yes i underestimate them when i need to.i know their capacity and also feel the pulse of the voters during elections.pdp will still win delta,abia,ebonyi,enugu,crs,taraba in 2023 whether they perform or not because of the electoral demography except there's a major shift,a miraculous one.
Apc will take lagos,ogun,ekiti,sokoto,zamfara,kebbi,jigawa,kaduna,borno,yobe,gombe,bayelsa,kogi,niger,nasarawa,kwara.kano,bauchi,adamawa,benue,plateau,oyo,osun,rivers will be 50 50.ill not talk about katsina, and edo.if aketi wins the primaries,he should win.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by Sammy07: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

APC in the center is different from APC within states. The voters in Ekiti have seen the wonders by Fayemi while those of Ondo have seen what Akeredolu can do. They won’t be blinded by sentiments of a Buhari incompetence against an Osinbajo or Fashola which they have learnt to love.

I wanted to disagree a bit with your comments until I got here.

SW are actually angry with the apc.
But the governors performance in each state will likely pay some part in determining the mindset of the voters.

I'm sure Ekiti, Ondo and ogun will likely go for apc in presidential (governorsfactor)

I'm not sure of Osun and Oyo.
Re: Can Apc Retain Power In 2023? by olril17(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Thank God you are Yoruba. Let me ask you a simple question.

If you have Osinbajo or Fashola in APC on the ticket against El-Rufai and Kwakwanso in PDP, who will you vote for?

I want your honest answer.

bro..I can never in my life vote for Apc again whoever the canditate is...lol after all the years of pain and sorrow they have cause us in my state?(I'm from osun).
maybe u don't interact with people in this region enough to realise there is deep seethed anger by the people against Apc.
in 2023 in sw its going to be apc mainstream supporters against those who will simply vote for who they belive will serve their personal interest most even if the person is igbo..
thats why your 80%ish is laugable...it can never happen again in sw simply because the factors that made it possible in the past is no longer available..
the winning party in sw will be lucky to even have 59%.
that's why I asked u to bookmark my earlier post.
as long as Osinbajo and fashola will contest under Apc they can never have my votes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FACT CHECK: Could This Be Femi Adesina On Nairaland? / Lagos To Empower 3,000 Agripreneurs At Agricultural Value Chains Programme / Eight Commissioners Swap Portfolios As El-Rufai Reshuffles Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.