Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? (45766 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Boxer007(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Bruno3000:
donate that money to corona victims. Then give ur life to Christ.

Brother. You need to give your life to being gay & am here to assist you. Brother, for 7k cash, are u ready to wear red bra & red lipstick & red thong?
This is serious money talk business sir. Can we discuss?
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Boxer007(m): 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
Oyindidi:
You no go stay one place with your small penis. People dey talk serious matter you dey talk in nonsense

Who is you? EXCUSE ME!!
Can you handle analyses woman? If you can then we can discuss sir
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Honour ur father and ur mother so your days may be long on planet earth
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
wolebest:
I thank Almighty God for parents. No matter what, they are parents divinely positioned to guide us on this terrestrial ball called earth. When I look at my parents today I have a rethink of the future how my own children will relate with me when I am old. All you out there pointing fingers you better enjoy the relationship with your parents now. A time will come you will wish you had a parent around to talk to and refer to.

Right now when I remember those things my parent did that pissed me off. I just laugh it out and thank God. [s]I (we all) never contributed a dime to my (our) upbringing whilst under their care[/s]. I give them kudos and right now I pray for my parents everyday to have good health and live long. I always tell them the best is still to come.

God bless our parents.

Stay blessed everybody and enjoy your 2weeks COVID-19 holidays...…….

The struck out bit is pure emotional blackmail. It is the duty and mandate and responsibility of parents to “upbring” their offspring, financially and otherwise, not the other way round.
Thanks
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by newdawn2017(f): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
teemanbastos:
I'm glad ma you took these great decisions.
I perceive strength in you
I am a warrior, I am a survivor

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Makschinchin: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
user294:

I love this comment. It is filled with wisdom.

Thanks. I thank God Almighty for the wisdom and I give Him all the glory.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
MNDY:

Mehn I'm tired. It's not even up to 1yr yet.

My return back home from NYSC is the worst decision of my life.

Everyday I feel like I don't belong to the family house anymore.

I had/have plans of getting rent-money and leaving to Abuja to go stay on my own before this whole Coronavirus issue came up. Even though I don't have the money yet, I am trusting GOD

Pls find a way to leave your comfort zone (parents house), Cus that will propel you to work hard and smart. I tolled same path.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Adesolomon2014(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
emmysmartt:
Honour ur father and ur mother so your days may be long on planet earth

Parent should not provoke their ward to anger by the way they treat them.
2 verses in the bible talks abt the above.
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Praylove: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
My parents are easily, I mean very easily influenced by public opinion.

Stranger in a public bus: "ah they said chloroquine cures and prevents coronavirus, I and my family finished one card each last week."

Well my mom has called me over 3 times today alone, telling me to make sure I buy chloroquine and keep enough at home and take every day. I rebuked her and have told her that if she kills herself because of what one stupid stranger told her, I will not shed a tear and that she should throw away all the cards of chloroquine she has already bought.

-My parents do the child comparison thing a-f*kn-lot

Family friend: "ah, my son only did OND and then did two certification courses and now he works in an oil company"

The day my dad's friend told him that, my dad started enforcing me to look for certification courses I'll do so that I'll end up like his friend's son. For 2 years while I was in school, he always used it to hound me to the point I stopped picking his calls and visiting home after a while.

Another friend: "ah, when my son finished school, he did his service and got a job immediately after, if you see the car he's driving now ehn"

The day my dad was told this, I effectively packed my things and left the house because I couldn't take the heat from my parents anymore. I didn't serve quite alright, all I've ever wanted was start and run my own business but my parents told me to my face that I don't know what I want or what is good for myself that people's children are working and driving cars, I'm there saying rubbish.

Well business may have been slow this year due to my dad's health condition and me blowing through my savings cos it, but my business has taken me to 7 countries (sight seeing sha cheesy)

I'll also add that they can't handle the truth (sort of). One time babe in school broke up with me, I was sad. My mum kept asking me what the problem was and eventually I told her that I was sad because a girl I liked hurt me and she just said I was stupid, this and that, like that's what they sent me there to do. Or the time I was duped by those taxi cab 419ers, I never wanted to tell them but somehow I did and boom, I was told I was stupid and senseless and that how would I just give someone money like that. I was a fresher then and that was when I vowed never to tell them things, we just exchange pleasantries and that's all.

There are many others but these have caused us to fight more than anything else.

What's yours?

Lol... I can relate
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Muizzy7: 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmm you guys defending parents like they can’t make mistakes they are also human I’m just 18+ have a friend of mine way day browse(yahoo)we be agemates this guy go day buy bag of rice,different things for him mama,repair her shop beautify their home. etc me as a common crypto trader I never too see money but the little I have I usually assist but my dear old mother will use every opportunity to abuse me in public saying I’m wicked saying thing that are heartbreaking
Both verbally and emotionally. I quote look at your friend Samson look at what he does for his mother you are here just useless tell me of what use are you to me you this wicked child.Those words always get me thinking and deep in thought if not for my strong will I for don put eye inside Wetin pass my age.I know say one day god go bless me sef.and the funniest part is whenever I see little change days of 10k 5k etc she won’t say anything then there was even a time a whole 70k I manage see I gave it all to her even using Nokia torchlight.so I I day always try console myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family / Man Wears His Mother's Headgear To Church In Celebration Of Mother's Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.