Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (39486 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Crazy fellow who doesnt know is history after nigeria breaks and there is no more ypruba you will find a means to your true identity

I bet your forefathers wont agree on the Oduduwa as thier history

Better go and look for your original tribe history and stop hiding a myth of a story thst was created to reunite you alm

The ignos tried it with Nri it was too late the world was already globalized

I advice you again go find your true history it could be your tribe that was the original ogene the benin spoke off that is if your tribe is not ife

You sef don run?

You all have kept a vigil here talking shyyte.....now your nightmare show up you are beating a retreat. grin

I want you to brag to me the way you have kept up your brag since yesterday.

Brag about your indigeneous crafts in garment industry. Tell me how proud you are of your Oruh ancestors and their clothing styles and list the styles.

I bet you cannot. Your ancestors were naked savages in forest. Ife clothed them.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
samuk:

You guys enjoy this free Benin history lessons. The guy can go to the other thread to educate himself on Benin/Yoruba history.

No need to populate this thread with already available information in a similar thread.

As the Benins have already shown in the other thread, the Benin/Ife history was manufactured sometimes after 1823. Before this time there are nothing about Benin/Ife relationship recorded in Benin history.

Europeans stated visiting and recording Benin history since the 1400s AD.

For the first four hundred years of European contact and recording of Benin history, there was nothing about Benin/Ife relationship written or can be found in the numerous European archives that still houses Benin history.

It was the early educated Yorubas with some historians of Benin/Yoruba heritages that stated infusing Yoruba into Benin history in other to create a united western Nigeria which eventually fell apart in 1963 after the mid west walked away due to Yoruba tribalism.

Apart from outright fabrications of evidence to support the new Benin/Ife revisionist history, the scholars went through the vast archives of Benin artworks and begin to ascribe Ife to Benin artworks that originally made references to others tribes such as the Nupe and Igala. Nupe and Igala people were replaced with Ife/Yoruba people.

Statements that were initially made about rulers of now middle belt of Nigeria were now ascribed and presented to be referring to the Ooni of Ife.

They came up with a burial site for Obas of Benin in Ife Orun Oba Ado which was excavated and no human bones found.

On the other thread, gregyboy did a very brilliant job of analysis by analysing one of the Benin artworks that TA011 provided as depicting Ife messager to Benin.

Gregyboy was able to compare the artworks with photos of modern day Nupe and Igala people and they match, the artwork bears no resemblance to photos of Ife/Yoruba people provided.

I already did a summary of this on that thread.

There were also piece of evidence like the cross the messager was wearing that can't be found anywhere in early Ife history.

If you juxtapose all these with other evidences that can still be seen in Benin and early Europeans writing of Benin Idah relationship, you will understand that the Yorubas people are trying to replace other tribes such as the Nupe and Igala in old Benin empire history with themselves.

That's not to say that Benin didn't have some sort of relationship with various different Yoruba tribes such as Owo, Akure, Ekiti, Lagos, etc.

Benin/Ife history is a fake, it was fabricated in the 19th century.

You guys shouldn't expect me to be saying much on this thread because this has already be dealt with in the other thread, anyone interested should go there and read.

Their problem is hubris. They claim being educated. So nobody knows anything in their view.

Actually since 1970, post Biafra war, tribal fault lines have sharpened. Before independence it was there but not as bad. Worse since the 1980s even.

Consider this: by 1977, Queen Idia mask/face was by far the best recognised artwork in Nigeria. It was used as Festac Symbol. If Festac was holding today, can you imagine so called ethnic majorities allow Idia mask? NO WAY! They would find a way to conjure a WAZOBIA symbol.

Dr Idemudia was personal physician to President Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was with Zik in the Caribbean cruise on convalescence when January Coup 1966 occurred.
My alma mater Prof Bello-Osagie served as physician to heads of states from Gowon to IBB. A fact Babangida stated at his funeral in Benin years ago.
Prof Emovon was VC of Unijos in the early 80s.

Ephraim Omorose Akpata was Justice of the supreme court.

Basically before quota system, tribalism and pandering to majority tribes completely took over, the Benins and indeed Edos were recognized for their ability on merit.

Today, it's tribe/religion before talent in appointments.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Dont mind egharevba should be blame for all this
He wanted to unite benin to the former western region so he took a missing part of our history and included it to the yoruba history of Oduduwa
So you know Oduduwa hostory on his own was also fabricated to unite the yoruba people, ife became a point of the whole fabrication because at early 20c they discovered art works in ife making it a vital point and a softlaning for thier oduduwa history.... All this happened less than 100yrs ago when the British gave chances for d the locals to tell thier stories,
Before 19c no yoruba knew what was Oduduwa they were not even united as one

Dont let them get into your head......

Ekaladeran never esccaped to ife he had escaped to ughoton at early 10 AD when benin was still politically homogeneous ughoton had happen to be a village that was still very autonomous to benin ekaladeran had stayed there for years he had impregnated the daughter of the enogie and later left up north were no one knew were he had gone to( this was egharevba false attachment of Oduduwa myth) after the death of ogiso a search party went to look for Oduduwa at ughoton the enogie had told them he had left up north to an unknown place, the enogie had showed them is heir eweka who they took back to benin that's uptill told before coronation the oba always visit ughoton for ritual right but egharevba the benin historian had messed the story up just to amalgamate benins to edo

You must remember that the editors of his 1933/34 book were Yoruba. The British really punished us. They refused to allow Benin people build and fund their schools.

For example people from the rich fertile area of Oghada went to the British resident officer in Benin to permit them build and self-fund a school for 100 Oghada boys. They were refused. The British asked them to bring their sons to be sent to Calabar to school. Oba Ovonramwen that went to Calabar didn't return, so nobody sent their sons. On their own the British claimed they had no money to build schools in Benin. But Benin was the most lucrative province in Nigeria officially. Because booming rubber trade for plastic and nascent car industry (tyres) made them lots of cash.

Even churches needed permission to build schools and they preferred areas where the government gave them grants. British had no grant for Benin area. Much of that history is not told.

The British resident had already sent a Memo to Westminster. To warn them that if they allowed Benins to be educated, they would be worst and fiercest opponents of British Rule in Nigeria. Owing to their anger over 1897 and deportation of the king. The memo is in Westminster as we speak.

By 1930s, Yorubas had begun writing the history in their favour. With the British on their side.

I think circumstances forced Egharevba to allow Yoruba meddle with his work. Otherwise they would never have published it.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

I will tell you one thing denouce the Oduduwa myth and ife myth first and tell me the true history of your people
Oduduwa was a political myth to unite all yorubas but it didnt work for the edos thats why we are constantly fighting it

If you realise it for your tribe you will still join the edo to fight it off

But dont be scared telm me the true history of your people

This topic is about Ife claim on your throne.

Stop beating around the bush. Stay focused.

Ooni says Yoruba own that territory, we colonized it.

I am saying Edo, Benin, Oba, Ogiso, Igodomigodo, and many more including Uselu....are names and identifiers that support Ooni's claim and superior to any other tale convovted from anywhere.

By telling us how great Benin was and your trade with Portuguese only highlights Yoruba Supremacy over you....and not your own self-greatness because what you highlight is property of Yoruba....not your indigeneous Oruh forest people.

Stop highlighting Yoruba greatness. Highlight your indigeneous self-rise to prominence. I dare you to do that.

Edo is Yoruba word.
Ubini (Bini) is Yoruba word
Uselu (seat of Oranmiyan and Eweka) is Yoruba word.
Oba is Yoruba word.
Ogiso is Yoruba word.
Igodomigodo is Yoruba word.

Tell us a greatness on your land that is NOT connected with Yoruba. There is none!

So keep on singing Bini heirarchy and power. You praise foreigners and we the Yoruba are the foreigners that colonized you. You remain our slaves for eternity!

When Oba of Lagos says he is from Benin he links his roots to Eweka and Oranmiyan, an Ife prince.

Getsense.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
AreaFada2:

Their problem is hubris. They claim being educated. So nobody knows anything in their view.

Actually since 1970, post Biafra war, tribal fault lines have sharpened. Before independence it was there but not as bad. Worse since the 1980s even.

Consider this: by 1979, Queen Idia mask/face was by far the best recognised artwork in Nigeria. It was used as Festac Symbol. If Festac was holding today, can you imagine so called ethnic majorities allow Idia mask? NO WAY! They would find a way to conjure a WAZOBIA symbol.

Dr Idemudia was personal physician to President Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was with Zik in the Caribbean cruise on convalescence when January Coup 1966 occurred.
My alma mater Prof Bello-Osagie served as physician to heads of states from Gowon to IBB. A fact Babangida stated at his funeral in Benin years ago.
Prof Emovon was VC of Unijos in the early 80s.

Ephraim Omorose Akpata was Justice of the supreme court.

Basically before quota system, tribalism and pandering to majority tribes completely took over, the Benins and indeed Edos were recognized for their ability on merit.

Today, it's tribe/religion before talent in appointments.

Yea in the early years in military regime there was no form of tribalism by the military government tho there was nepotism and not by tribalism but today we see both in our democratic system and they celebrate it,
If all things been done on merit edo will be in all top positions in nigeria despite the small population and tribalism in nigeria edo still stand as the number one minor group in nigeria
In military regime edo served as vice twice to military head of state

The yorubas have been trying to win is to thier side from the beginning of nigeria because of this attribute of dominance but we edos constantly refuse because we can never be subjugated even tho we minors we akways go for dominance no matter who the Portuguese could be" ( my idiomatic expression)

I guess you have read my article on benin - Portuguese relationship i posted yesterday

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
....gregyboy, areafada,

Continue to tell the world about Edo and Bini greatness begining with your contact with Portuguese.

On our side we will continue to remind the world that the throne and civilization you praise belong to Yoruba and we will support it with facts that pre-date Portuguese....back to when your Oruh ancestors roamed thw wilderness in their n.ayk.edness.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:
....gregyboy, areafada,

Continue to tell the world about Edo and Bini greatness begining with your contact with Portuguese.

On our side we will continue to remind the world that the throne and civilization you praise belong to Yoruba and we will support it with facts that pre-date Portuguese....back to when your Oruh ancestors roamed thw wilderness in their n.ayk.edness.

Thank you, MetaPhysical for the flogging you've been consistently giving our Edo subjects on this thread. Please always tag me going forward.

I have flogged them to silence on the topic of "Orun Oba Ado" where I have shown from historical and archaeological evidence that "Orun Oba Ado" is indeed the burial site of the exhumed heads of every third-reign Benin Oba.

I have also flogged them to silence with historical cum archaeological evidence showing how the Ooni of Ife was regarded by the olden Obas of Benin as God Almighty (incarnated in the flesh) --- "Supreme God", to use the precise and exact words used by Omo N'Oba Erediauwa II.

Anyone who cares for truth may refer to the link below for a summary of the evidence:

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/19#88191795

And for you samuk, stop pretending to be tagging me when in fact what you do is to deliberately and intentionally misspell my moniker so I won't notice your comments.

Lately, you have repeatedly been replacing the letter "O" in "TAO11" with the number "0" just to give-off the false impression (to your gullible Benin audience) that you are capable of engaging me, when in fact you're dead-scared of tagging my moniker correctly --- something you otherwise do correctly at the outset.

I stand for the truth regardless of how bitter it tastes.

Peace!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Thank you, MetaPhysical for the flogging you've been giving our subjects. Please always tag me going forward.

I have flogged them to silence on the topic of Orun Oba Ado

I will. grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I will. grin

Thanks!

I modified and added details to the comment above.

Please refer back to them. Thanks!
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

This topic is about Ife claim on your throne.

Stop beating around the bush. Stay focused.

Ooni says Yoruba own that territory, we colonized it.

I am saying Edo, Benin, Oba, Ogiso, Igodomigodo, and many more including Uselu....are names and identifiers that support Ooni's claim and superior to any other tale convovted from anywhere.

By telling us how great Benin was and your trade with Portuguese only highlights Yoruba Supremacy over you....and not your own self-greatness because what you highlight is property of Yoruba....not your indigeneous Oruh forest people.

Stop highlighting Yoruba greatness. Highlight your indigeneous self-rise to prominence. I dare you to do that.

Edo is Yoruba word.
Ubini (Bini) is Yoruba word
Uselu (seat of Oranmiyan and Eweka) is Yoruba word.
Oba is Yoruba word.
Ogiso is Yoruba word.
Igodomigodo is Yoruba word.

Tell us a greatness on your land that is NOT connected with Yoruba. There is none!

So keep on singing Bini heirarchy and power. You praise foreigners and we the Yoruba are the foreigners that colonized you. You remain our slaves for eternity!

When Oba of Lagos says he is from Benin he links his roots to Eweka and Oranmiyan, an Ife prince.

Getsense.... grin

Retarded fellow

Prove all this things you claim

Am here prove it and if you cant i will call all your fellow yoruba brothers to see you flop

And again tell me how did your tribe relate to ife

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
AreaFada2:

You must remember that the editors of his 1933/34 book were Yoruba. The British really punished us. They refused to allow Benin people build and fund their schools.

For example people from the rich fertile area of Oghada went to the British resident officer in Benin to permit them build and self-fund a school for 100 Oghada boys. They were refused. The British asked them to bring their sons to be sent to Calabar to school. Oba Ovonramwen that went to Calabar didn't return, so nobody sent their sons. On their own the British claimed they had no money to build schools in Benin. But Benin was the most lucrative province in Nigeria officially. Because booming rubber trade for plastic and nascent car industry (tyres) made them lots of cash.

Even churches needed permission to build schools and they preferred areas where the government gave them grants. British had no grant for Benin area. Much of that history is not told.

The British resident had already sent a Memo to Westminster. To warn them that if they allowed Benins to be educated, they would be worst and fiercest opponents of British Rule in Nigeria. Owing to their anger over 1897 and deportation of the king. The memo is in Westminster as we speak.

By 1930s, Yorubas had begun writing the history in their favour. With the British on their side.

I think circumstances forced Egharevba to allow Yoruba meddle with his work. Otherwise they would never have published it.

Yea ibadan was only the printing press in nigdria at then when he wrote he wanted to have is doctorate degree he had to write books and articles before he could get it, after the publication of the book he was awarded the doctorate degree he had wrote wrote the history originally but it was rejected by the ibadan printing press, he later wrote books to correct them but it was too late till today yorubas keep holding us on our neck for his work
Not only that nigeria education further thought his works in school

Please post here the memo please if you have it lets show them benin is way aheaf thier population
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Thank you, MetaPhysical for the flogging you've been consistently giving our Edo subjects on this thread. Please always tag me going forward.

I have flogged them to silence on the topic of "Orun Oba Ado" where I have shown from historical and archaeological evidence that "Orun Oba Ado" is indeed the burial site of the exhumed heads of every third-reign Benin Oba.

I have also flogged them to silence with historical cum archaeological evidence showing how the Ooni of Ife was regarded by the olden Obas of Benin as God Almighty (incarnated in the flesh) --- "Supreme God", to use the precise and exact words used by Omo N'Oba Erediauwa II.

Anyone who cares for truth may refer to the link below for a summary of the evidence:

And for you samuk, stop pretending to be tagging me when in fact what you do is to deliberately and intentionally misspell my moniker so I won't notice your comments.

Lately, you have repeatedly been replacing the letter "O" in "TAO11" with the number "0" just to give-off the false impression (to your gullible Benin audience) that you are capable of engaging me, when in fact you're dead-scared of tagging my moniker correctly --- something you otherwise do correctly at the outset.

Peace!!
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Peace!!

He had defeated you thats why he is not intending to call your attention anymore

Post pictures of the heads found at orun oba ado

I constantly told you

Oba, ado

Oba was second dynasty that the ife didn't come in contact with the suppose myth of Oduduwa happened in the first dysnaty ogodomigodo like the name edo

Some one also posted a nairalandland link from 2011 to show you when the myth originated of orun ado oba, and it started with both male and female burial of the oba heads but soob they knew there was no female as oba in benin the female myth died off living only the male

Metaphysical what do have to say about this
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:
....gregyboy, areafada,

Lol

That was the plan yorubas had in the former western region the ibadan printing press refused to post egharevba works correctly
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Yea ibadan was only the printing press in nigdria at then when he wrote he wanted to have is doctorate degree he had to write books and articles before he could get it, after the publication of the book he was awarded the doctorate degree he had wrote wrote the history originally but it was rejected by the ibadan printing press, he later wrote books to correct them but it was too late till today yorubas keep holding us on our neck for his work

Please post here the memo please if you have it lets show them benin is way aheaf thier population
I do not have the memo currently. My information scientist relative who found it in Westminster has returned to 9ja for good. I will ask if he has a copy.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]He had defeated you thats why he is not intending to call your attention anymore

Post pictures of the heads found at orun oba ado

I constantly told you

Oba, ado

Oba was second dynasty that the ife didn't come in contact with the suppose myth of Oduduwa happened in the first dysnaty ogodomigodo like the name edo

Some one also posted a nairalandland link from 2011 to show you when the myth originated of orun ado oba, and it started with both male and female burial of the oba heads but soob they knew there was no female as oba in benin the female myth died off living only the male
Metaphysical what do have to say about this[/s]
This first link below is for you:

And the following three are for sane and intelligent Nairalanders:

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076290

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/14#88076310

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/15#88104911

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

AreaFada2:

I do not have the memo currently. My information scientist relative who found it in Westminster has returned to 9ja for good. I will ask if he has a copy.

gregyboy:

Lol
That was the plan yorubas had in the former western region the ibadan printing press refused to post egharevba works correctly

"The head of the royal corpse was subsequently exhumed and taken to the royal ancestral grave at Ile-Ife; but this was only done in every third reign."

Reference:
J. U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, (CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt 1946), p.72.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Retarded fellow

Prove all this things you claim

Am here prove it and if you cant i will call all your fellow yoruba brothers to see you flop

And again tell me how did your tribe relate to ife

You did not ask anyone to prove anything since yesterday.

You have been acting supreme and telling people who Benin is and how others were enslaved by Bini.

Why now you asking for proof? grin

Besides, the proof is on you to tell us how your roaming nay.ked ancestors self-developed state-rule, first with Ogiso and then Oba.

You were not a self-starter, foreigners developed you - Ife, Portuguese, Britain.

Cc
Tao11
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

[s]You did not ask anyone to prove anything since yesterday.
You have been acting supreme and telling people who Benin is and how others were enslaved by Bini.
Why now you asking for proof? grin
Besides, the proof is on you to tell us how your roaming nay.ked ancestors self-developed state-rule, first with Ogiso and then Oba.
You were not a self-starter, foreigners developed you - Ife, Portuguese, Britain.
Cc[/s]
Tao11
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

"The head of the royal corpse was subsequently exhumed and taken to the royal ancestral grave at Ile-Ife; but this was only done in every third reign."

Reference:
J. U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, (CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt 1946), p.72.

I said photos of the exhumed head not reference

Ozour get a queen premiere

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:
....gregyboy, areafada,

All your stories are myths.. There’s no historical evidence that support your myths.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Reference:
J. U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, ([b]CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt[/b] 1946), p.72.

Ibadan was not part of Niger.

This publication was done by missionary in PH.

I saw one of them discredit Egharevba for his awards because his story was published in Ibadan.

Here is an independent source controlled by missionary work and outside Ibadan, relaying the same fact.

These Oruh descendants are frauds! grin

We should make sure their future generations never cease heralding and bragging about Edo and Bini. Ife, their colonial master owns the glory!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]I said photos of the exhumed head not reference

Ozour get a queen premiere[/s]

J. U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, (CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt 1946), p.72.

PortHarcourt Press too must be punished for changing the words in Egharevba's works./s grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ibadan was not part of Niger.

This publication was done by missionary in PH.I saw one of them discredit Egharevba for his awards because his story was published in Ibadan. Here is an independent source controlled by missionary work and outside Ibadan, relaying the same fact. These Oruh descendants are frauds! ;DWe should make sure their future generations never cease heralding and bragging about Edo and Bini. Ife, their colonial master owns the glory!

Reference:

Modified: I didnt know that was you.

Those our Edo slaves on Nairaland are just looking for cheap excuses.

They've never had a single argument, nor have they ever provided a single evidence.

May be the PortHarcourt Press too joined hand in punishing them. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
davidnazee:

All your stories are myths.. There’s no historical evidence that support your myths.

Myths ke?

grin grin.

So it is myth that Oruh, your ancestors were not self-starters?

Ok now tell us their beginnings. Share how they developed state-rule.

Listening.....

Cc
TAO11

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Myths ke?

grin grin.

So it is myth that Oruh, your ancestors were not self-starters?

Ok now tell us their beginnings. Share how they developed state-rule.

Listening.....

Cc
TAO11

Let davidnazee tell us about how Ogiso Igodo, et al. dived into today's Benin City from the Sky grin grin

Or how God Almighty gave birth to Oranmiyan as his last born son, according to Oba Erediauwa II

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
Descendants of Oruh slaves are trying to usurp the House of Oduduwa in Bini.

You have gone this far because Yoruba has been on defense and you have always attacked.

I will change that from now on. You will be bombarded with daily attacks from now on and each attack will reveal a new angle of your servitude to Bini, including an era when your fore fathers were reserved for State rituals.

Cc
TAO11
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Descendants of Oruh slaves are trying to usurp the House of Oduduwa in Bini.

You have gone this far because Yoruba has been on defense and you have always attacked.

I will change that from now on. You will be bombarded with daily attacks from now on and each attack will reveal a new angle of your servitude to Bini, including an era when your fore fathers were reserved for State rituals.

Cc
TAO11

Don't mind them!

They are so Janus-faced!

They come on Nairaland claiming to love our Oba dynasty in Benin.

But they go back to Benin supporting the Ogiso and Ogiamen --- threatening that our dynasty should leave their land and return back to Ife from where they came.

As if they weren't the same forest people who sent for our superior leadership in the first place.

Or did we force our dynasty down your throats??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Let davidnazee tell us about how Ogiso Igodo dived into Benin City from the Sky grin grin

Or how God Almighty gave birth to Oranmiyan as his last born son, according to Oba Erediauwa.

LOL... grin

Exactly!
They mock Yoruba myth of creation but when you ask for their beginning they narrate story of Ogiso falling from sky.

Im like....do they even know they are retelling the Ife story? What they call Ogiso beginning is actually the myth of Ife.

Im going to school these slaves

3 Likes

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

LOL... grin

Exactly!
They mock Yoruba myth of creation but when you ask for their beginning they narrate story of Ogiso falling from sky.

Im like....do they even know they are retelling the Ife story? What they call Ogiso beginning is actually the myth of Ife.

Im going to school these slaves

Actually they have a number of conflicting creation myths.

One of them --- with the title "Iso Norho" --- specifically mentions Ife as the center of the world from where Edo, Ijaw, and Igbo left to their present location.

It talks about pouring sand over the primordial water-filled earth, about chain from heaven, etc. very similar to the Yoruba creation myth.

I will cite reference to it soon.

Modified --- see below as promised:

"The myth of the pouring sky ("Iso Norho" )

The most popular surviving non-dynastic myth of a common Edo origin is that of Iso Norho, ... .It puts the emergence of the Benin and other -speaking people in a primordial centre, Uhe, a place where problems are heaped before Oghene --- the God of creation --- ... .Uhe is said to have been occupied by Olukumi ("Yoruba" ), Igbon ("Igbo" ) and Uzon ("Ijo" ).

The myth begins by naming Oghene ("God" ) as the father of Iso ("the Sky" ), Ason ("Night" ) and Avan ("Daylight" ). Out of the three children of Oghene, only the eldest son, Iso ("Sky" ), had children; Ame ("Water" ) and Oto ("Earth" ). The children of Oto were Igbon ("Igbo" ), Olukumi ("Yoruba" ) and Idu ("Edo" ). ... .But Oghene did not want the children to suffer undue hardship. By means of a chain he poured sand on the flood water to form dry land for their inhabitants. Thus Uhe ("i.e. old Ife" ) was formed by divine ("Oghene's" ) providence. ...

Idu's children ("Akka, Efa, Emechi" ) had to migrate from Uhe to the present site of Benin City --- then called Ubinu --- where they displaced a group of original settlers, Ivbirinwineko ("dwarfs from the spirit world" ). Memories of these original settlers are preserved in Edo songs and folklore."

Reference:
Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs: Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations, Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004, pp.312-313.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

J. U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, (CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt 1946), p.72.

PortHarcourt Press too must be punished for changing the words in Egharevba's works./s grin

Lol.......

P. O. S. T pictures na

Cc
Metaphysical

Help me beg am to post pictures on the exhumed head on arun oba ado
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
TAO11:

Actually they have a number of conflicting creation myths.

One of them --- with the title "Iso Norho" --- specifically mentions Ife as the center of the world from where Edo, Ijaw, and Igbo left to their present location.

It talks about pouring sand over the primordial water-filled earth, about chain from heaven, etc. very similar to the Yoruba creation myth.

I will cite refernce to it soon.

Another lie from you Yorubas trying desperately to change history.

If Benin wasn’t greater than Ife this discussion wouldn’t be going on.
All the stories about Ife are myths no evidence to support them..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle / Man Carrying A Live Crocodile On His Back At A Festival In Kano (Photos) / Names Of God In Yoruba Language (with English Subtitles)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.