Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (39544 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]All this your posts still doesn’t answer the origin of Oduduwa.. He is not a Yoruba man but a foreigner who came and conquered and ruled your ancestors.

A question for u, how come all these writers u have been referencing never saw Ife? Many of them visited and explored these parts. They visited at a time when Benin was at the height of its power, they also explored other tribes even up to Oyo. But yet they never saw Ife.. they always claimed they heard of a certain place whose name and ruler they are not even sure of.

If Ife was a great Kingdom or empire as you claim why didn’t they ever visit it. How come they aren’t even sure of the correct name of Ife or Ooni who u claim to be the greatest empire and ruler at that time.

It is a known fact that visitors or explorers will always visit the greatest Kingdom and ruler of territories they explore..
all the early Europeans and writers you have quoted never saw Ife during their sojourn in West Africa.. They all claim they heard of a certain place because that is what Ife was.. A certain place that is a no place..[/s]

Your expectation that I should have written about the history of Mathematics when I am in fact being challenged to solve an algebraic equation could only have come from a Covid-19 patient.

Why didn't you start typing about the origin of your ancestor, Ogiso Igodo or the so-called Mr Idu when you were been challenged to defend something else.

I think I am talking to a mad person. Or I may have caused serious damage in your brain while the flogging was ongoing.

And for the last time if you know you're too dvmb to substantiate any claim you make, then give the phone to your parents let them talk to me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

I am disappointed in you, you are usually smarter than this.

Where did I argue that Oranmiyan was the first Ooni of Ife?

I argued from when Oranmiyan became Ooni, I didn't say anything about any Ooni before Oranmiyan.

The questions are very simple and your Yoruba historians agree with my answers.

1. Was Oranmiyan ever Ooni of Ife (Yes)
2. Which of the current Oba was his first child? (Oba of Benin)
3. Did Oranmiyan left Benin to found Oyo (Yes)
4. Who amongst current Obas was Oranmiyan second child. (Alaafin of Oyo)
5. Did Oranmiyan left Oyo and returned back to Ife (Yes)
6. Has there ever been seniority contests between the Alaafin and Ooni (Yes)
7. Is the Oba of Benin the senior brother to Alaafin (Yes)

Which of my answers is wrong and please back your argument up with your usual evidence. Don't try to swear your way out of it.

You still quoting egharevba myth of oromiyan to him....
Guy stand your ground to prove benin had any connections with ife at any time

That let him drag you into myth my god he will win you
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

You still quoting egharevba myth of oromiyan to him....

That let him drag you into myth my god he will win you

I am trying to point out the stupidity in their lies.

Their lies places the Oba of Benin as the most senior Oba to all Yoruba Obas, she cant even acknowledge it.

Okay, acknowledge that Oba of Benin is senior to the Alaafin according to her Yoruba history, she is still having problems with this.

It just shows how their arguments are blinded by tribalism.

She can't publicly agree to her own historical fabrications because it has now throws up the issues of seniority amongst the Obas.

I am now interrogating her history from within, she is having problems admitting her lies.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

[s]I am disappointed in you, you are usually smarter than this.
Where did I argue that Oranmiyan was the first Ooni of Ife?
I argued from when Oranmiyan became Ooni, I didn't say anything about any Ooni before Oranmiyan.
The questions are very simple and your Yoruba historians agree with my answers.
1. Was Oranmiyan ever Ooni of Ife (Yes)
2. Which of the current Oba was his first child? (Oba of Benin)
3. Did Oranmiyan left Benin to found Oyo (Yes)
4. Who amongst current Obas was Oranmiyan second child. (Alaafin of Oyo)
5. Did Oranmiyan left Oyo and returned back to Ife (Yes)
6. Has there ever been seniority contests between the Alaafin and Ooni (Yes)
7. Is the Oba of Benin the senior brother to Alaafin (Yes)
Which of my answers is wrong and please back your argument up with your usual evidence. Don't try to swear your way out of it.[/s]

I will knack sense into ypur head by force.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like that I'm making yoi lie to yourself. You will soon be believing your own lie. grin cheesy

Have you ever heard about comparing likes with likes??

If you aren't sick and pained from my thorough all-week long flogging, then you should know that you are meant to compare like with like.

It is only in your warped Benin mind that you will compare as follows:

The 7th Ooni of Ife with 2nd Alaafn Oyo and then 1st Pba of Benin. grin grin

No the comparison is as follows:

First Ooni of Ife compared with first Alaafin of Oyo compared with first first Oba of Benin.

If you don't understand thus now, you will understand afyer you've been discharged fro the isolation center hopefully.

1. First Ooni --Oodua --- Grand Father
2. First Alaafin -- Oranmiyan Grand Son
3. First Oba Benin -- Eweka --- Great Grand Son. grin cheesy

Moreover, what makes you think Oba Eweka II was stupid in the ranking he alluded to in my attachment above.

Regarding tussle, the only tussle as I have said earlier (between the past Ooni and the reigning Alaafin) is a tussle from a political parties affiliation.

If it was a tussle from throne superiority, doesnt your rotten brain not tell you that the Alaafin would not have bowed down to the new Ooni as you clearly see in the image I attached.

Or are you denying your own sense of sight

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]You still quoting egharevba myth of oromiyan to him....

That let him drag you into myth my god he will win you[/s]

samuk:

[s]I am trying to point out the stupidity in their lies.

Their lies places the Oba of Benin as the most senior Oba to all Yoruba Obas, she cant even acknowledge it.

Okay, acknowledge that Oba of Benin is senior to the Alaafin according to her Yoruba history, she is still having problems with this.

It just shows how their arguments are blinded by tribalism.

She can't publicly agree to her own historical fabrications because it has now throws up the issues of seniority amongst the Obas[/s].
grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

I will knack sense into ypur head by force.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like that I'm making yoi lie to yourself. You will soon be believing your own lie. grin cheesy

Have you ever heard about comparing likes with likes??

If you aren't sick and pained from my thorough all-week long flogging, then you should know that you are meant to compare like with like.

It is only in your warped Benin mind that you will compare as follows:

The 7th Ooni of Ife with 2nd Alaafn Oyo and then 1st Pba of Benin. grin grin

No the comparison is as follows:

First Ooni of Ife compared with first Alaafin of Oyo compared with first first Oba of Benin.

If you don't understand thus now, you will understand afyer you've been discharged fro the isolation center hopefully.

1. First Ooni --Oodua --- Grand Father
2. First Alaafin -- Oranmiyan Grand Son
3. First Oba Benin -- Eweka --- Great Grand Son. grin cheesy

Moreover, what makes you think Oba Eweka II was stupid in the ranking he alluded to in my attachment above.

Regarding tussle, the only tussle as I have said earlier (between the past Ooni and the reigning Alaafin) is a tussle from a political parties affiliation.

If it was a tussle from throne superiority, doesnt your rotten brain not tell you that the Alaafin would not have bowed down to the new Ooni as you clearly see in the image I attached.

Or are you denying your own sense of sight

So you are now telling us that Oranmiyan didn't come to Benin, so it was Oranmiyan son that now came to Benin. Please make your reply clearer.

Please answer with what your historical sources says.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Retard

grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy[/quote]
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

Your expectation that I should have written about the history of Mathematics when I am in fact being challenged to solve an algebraic equation could only have come from a Covid-19 patient.

Why didn't you start typing about the origin of your ancestor, Ogiso Igodo or the so-called Mr Idu when you were been challenged to defend something else.

I think I am talking to a mad person. Or I may have caused serious damage in your brain while the flogging was ongoing.

And for the last time if you know you're too dvmb to substantiate any claim you make, then give the phone to your parents let them talk to me.

It’s only a fool and coward that run from real challenge.. Prove how Oduduwa is a full blooded Yoruba man and not a refugee from Mecca or an exiled Benin prince.

You quoted Aveiro, Perierra, Ryder, Mary slessor and many other early writers.. All these writers visited and explored West African in their lifetime.. How come none of them ever saw Ife? They only heard of a certain place whose name they don’t even know.. they didn’t know the name of the place or the name of the ruler.. but these writers met and documented Benin Kingdom as a powerful Kingdom ruling over most of Yorubaland and yet you say these writers claim Ife which they never saw or heard of accurately is greater than Benin.

Note that these writers visited at a time when Benin was sending ambassadors to Europe, even many Niger Delta tribes were also visiting Europe at that time. But your mystical great Ife was still unknown.
How stupid can you be??
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

Retard

Did you just see her now denying that Oranmiyan didn't come to Benin. It was the son.

This is how you catch out a liar.

In her previous posts she listed Oranmiyan as the first Oba of Benin, now she is saying something else.

If this is the best the Yorubas nairaland historians have, what a shame.

These people are not as clever the way we thought they are.

I just played a little trick and I catches her out.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

Did you just see her now denying that Oranmiyan didn't come to Benin. It was the son.

This is how you catch out a lie.

He is pulling our legs leave him alone go do personal research on ife and benin history and come to write your findings leave d buffon alone

Am doing research on egharevba write up and benin various art and what am seeing are impressive i advice you do thesame

I leave that evening newspaper

And go for deep research work

Is funny we will be the one to correct the palace on our findings
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

So you are now telling us that Oranmiyan didn't come to Benin, so it's Oranmiyan son that now came to Benin. Please make your reply clearer.

Point it out where I said Oranmiyan didn't go to Benin. grin

The Yoruba account is that he went there, as invited, to become king over the forest dwelling folks.

But those who invited him apparently didn't have one voice.

They didn't seem to be serious as they were still divided amongst themselves over whether or not they really needed help.

He angrily left the unserious nincompoops.

But as a wise man, he still found a way to strike a subjugating balance, by suggesting that his son with one of them be made king when he grows up.

This Yoruba account that Eweka became the first Oba of Benin is also the Benin official account until in the year 2016 when EwuareII announced himself the 40th Oba instead of 39th. I guess he likes the rounded number 40.

In sum, I'm glad you have finally learnt to compare like with like.

1. First Ooni --- Oodua --- GrandFather
2. First Alaafin--- Oranmiyan --- GrandSon.
3. First Oba Ubinu --- Eweka ---- GreatGrandSon.

I'm also glad you're about to stop calling Eweka II stupid for his ranking which agrees with mine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

[s]Did you just see her now denying that Oranmiyan didn't come to Benin. It was the son.
In her previous posts she listed Oranmiyan as the first Oba of Benin, now she is saying something else.
I just played a little trick and I catches her out.[/s]

I am still waiting for you to point out where. grin cheesy grin

I had expected that you will soon start believing your own lies.

It's gradually unfolding.

#SamukThePathologicalLiar grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

He is pulling our legs leave him alone go do personal research on ife and benin history and come to write your findings leave d buffon alone

Am doing research on egharevba write up and benin various art and what am seeing are impressive i advice you do thesame

I leave that evening newspaper

And go for deep research work

Is funny we will be the one to correct the palace on our findings

The Palace probably knew what they are doing because the way it stands, the Oba of Benin is the most senior Oba to them all.

That was what late Oba Erediawa told the late Ooni when he went to visit him, the Ooni try to say welcome back home my son, the Oba corrected him by saying a father cannot be a son.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

I am still waiting for you to point out where. grin cheesy grin

I had expected that you will soon start believing your own lies.

It's gradually unfolding.

#SamukThePathologicalLiar grin cheesy grin

Below is where you listed Oranmiyan as the first Oba of Benin, now you are saying it was his son, who is now the pathological liar.

The problem with liars is that they easily forget themselves because they make up stories as they go along.

Do you think I am as stupid as your Yoruba followers and supporters.

I have now proved that you make up stories that suits your ethnic bias.

You are way below my league.
Bye

: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 10:44pm On Apr 04
The following shows a listing of all the reigns in Benin starting from Oranmiyan's all the way down to before Ovoranmwen's whose partial reign and imminent deposing marked the beginning of the British colonial take over of Benin's polity.

Refer to https://www.edoworld.net/Obas.html for a verification of this listing.

1. Oronmiyan
2. Eweka I
3. Uwakhuanhen ☆
4. Ehenmihen
5. Ewedo
6. Oguola ☆
7. Edoni
8. Udagbedo
9. Ohen ☆
10. Ogbeka
11. Orobiru
12. Uwaifiokun ☆
13. Ewuare I
14. Ezoti
15. Olua ☆
16. Ozolua
17. Esegie
18. Orhogbua ☆
19. Ehengbuda
20. Ohuan
21. Ahenzae ☆
22. Akenzua
23. Akengboi
24. Akenkpaye ☆
25. Akengbodo
26. Oroghene
27. Ewuakpe ☆
28. Ozuere
29. Akenzua I
30. Eresoyen ☆
31. Akengbuda
32. Obanosa
33. Ogbebo ☆
34. Osemwende
35. Adolor
36. Ovoranmwen

(A) Starting with Oronmiyan as the reference point, I have indicated the successive "third-reigns" with a "☆" for ease of following through.

And there are obviously eleven "third-reigns" in total.

(B) If, however, one contends that Oronmiyan was not formally Oba at Benin, and that the enumeration should start with Eweka I as the reference point; then the eventual total number of "third-reigns" would still remain eleven.

(C) Even if you argue that the tradition resulted from an after-thought subsequent to when the "first" Oba Eweka I had already left the scene, the eventual total number of "third-reigns" --- starting thus with Uwakhuahen as the reference point --- would still remain eleven.

As I have since noted before now, this resulting total number of "third-reigns" (i.e. eleven )
matches precisely the total number of circular "burial pits" (i.e. "eleven" ) which Frank Willett noted that he found at Orun Oba Ado, when he conducted an archaeological excavation of the site.

Refer below for reference to Frank Willett's find:
WILLETT 2004: Chapter 1.3. cited in James W. Lankton, O. Akin Ige, & Thilo Rehren, "Early Primary Glass Production in Southern Nigeria", Journal of African Archaeology, Vol. 4 (1), 2006, pp.125-126.
See copy here:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]It’s only a fool and coward that run from real challenge.. Prove how Oduduwa is a full blooded Yoruba man and not a refugee from Mecca or an exiled Benin prince.

You quoted Aveiro, Perierra, Ryder, Mary slessor and many other early writers.. All these writers visited and explored West African in their lifetime.. How come none of them ever saw Ife? They only heard of a certain place whose name they don’t even know.. they didn’t know the name of the place or the name of the ruler.. but these writers met and documented Benin Kingdom as a powerful Kingdom ruling over most of Yorubaland and yet you say these writers claim Ife which they never saw or heard of accurately is greater than Benin.

Note that these writers visited at a time when Benin was sending ambassadors to Europe, even many Niger Delta tribes were also visiting Europe at that time. But your mystical great Ife was still unknown.
How stupid can you be??[/s]

Provide evidence for any claims you make or had thw phone to your parents and allow them talk to me instead.

Moreover, I'm waiting for your proof that Mr Idu and Ogiso Igodo are Edos. grin grin

Or you people don't have origin ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

I just played a little trick and I catches her out.

Are you afraid to point out where my post which you pasted said Oranmiyan did not come to Benin??

grin grin

Or is there something else you are afraid of??

Or am I talking to a dvmb dvmb?? grin grin cheesy

Below is where you listed Oranmiyan as the first Oba of Benin, now you are saying it was his son, who is now the pathological liar.

The problem with liars is that they easily forget themselves because they make up stories as they go along.

Do think I am as stupid as your Yoruba followers a d supporters.

No you are a stupid liar to be unaware that the Binis can not agree on who their firat Oba is.

Some say Oranmiyan and other say Eweka. And to prove that ojr Oba's heads were exhumed I didn't go only with some Binjs abd forsake others. I went with both and arrive and sti arrive at the same result.

See below (focus on point B):

(A) Starting with Oronmiyan as the reference point, I have indicated the successive "third-reigns" with a "☆" for ease of following through.

And there are obviously eleven "third-reigns" in total.

(B) If, however, one contends that Oronmiyan was not formally Oba at Benin, and that the enumeration should start with Eweka I as the reference point; then the eventual total number of "third-reigns" would still remain eleven.

Point (B) clarifies that the Binis are divided confused as to who is their first Oba is.

But for the Yorubas' Eweka became the first Oba of Benin, and Benin agrees with this until Mr Ewuare II decided to crate two factions in 2016.

You are incredibly dvmb!

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

The Palace probably knew what they are doing because the way it stands, the Oba of Benin is the most senior Oba to them all.

That was what late Oba Erediawa told the late Ooni when he went to visit him, the Ooni try to say welcome back home my son, the Oba corrected him by saying a father cannot be a son.

The Palace still makes the error there was never a connection
I think the palace enjoy the myth for political reasons
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

Are you afraid to point out where my post which you pasted said Oranmiyan did not come to Benin??

grin grin

Or is there something else you are afraid of??

Or am I talking to a dvmb dvmb?? grin grin cheesy

Go back and read your post, you listed first Alaafin as Oranmiyan who was the grandson of Ooni and listed the Oba of Benin as the great grandson of Ooni.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

The Palace still makes the error there was never a connection
I think the palace enjoy the myth for political reasons

You now gets the logic behind it. I don't think it was error at all, I believe it was deliberate.

Same reason Oba of Lagos have more respect for the Oba of Benin than the Ooni.

The Oba of Lagos even calls the Oba of Benin his father.

The Palace will not even agree to any changes.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
samuk:

Go back and read your post, you listed first Alaafin as Oranmiyan who was the grandson of Ooni and listed the Oba of Benin as the great grandson of Ooni.

YES, Oranmiyan is the grand-son of Oodua.

Eweka is therefore the great-grand-son of Oodua.

[According to our traditions.]

The point??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Retard

grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy[/s]

Why are you always so pained??

Despite trying hard to veil it, it's very obvious. grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
TAO11:

YES, Oranmiyan is the grand-son of Oodua.

Eweka is therefore the great-grand-son of Oodua.

[According to our traditions.]

The point??

Did you also forget that your tradition says Oranmiyan came to Benin first, left a son before going to Oyo, then left another son before returning to Ife.

So why did you not list it the way your tradition thought you.

Everything with you guys have to be viewed with a tribal prism.

Complete waste of time debating you guys.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:09am On Apr 10, 2020
TAO11:

Provide evidence for any claims you make or had thw phone to your parents and allow them talk to me instead.

Moreover, I'm waiting for your proof that Mr Idu and Ogiso Igodo are Edos. grin grin

Or you people don't have origin ??

So you agree oduduwa is not originally Yoruba.
And we can logically agree that he did not fall from the sky, which leaves 2 theories to debate.. He is either a refugee from Mecca or a Benin prince.

I think common sense should tell us it’s more reasonable that oduduwa came from Benin to Ife which is only about 200km apart rather than from Mecca which is over 7,000km from Nigeria. Do u know how many years it will take to walk that distance?
If it took the Israelites 40yrs to walk from Egypt to Israel a distance of 600km how long will it take Oduduwa to walk a distance of over 7,000km?
So this your theory of Oduduwa coming from Mecca is foolish.. Oduduwa is a Benin prince, and it was said that in his lifetime he reserved a sit in his palace for his ancestors and only an Edo man can sit on that sit.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:21am On Apr 10, 2020
samuk:

Did you also forget that your tradition says Oranmiyan came to Benin first before going to Oyo.

So why did you not list it the way your tradition thought you.

Everything with you guys have to be viewed from a tribal prism.

Should we just pretend that we both didn't see that your comment above on, GrandSon, GreatGrandSon, etc was ridiculously pointless?? grin cheesy grin You bungled!! cheesy

Anyways, moving on with educating you:

We are here talking about ranking of monarchies --- And from the word itself, it clearly indicates seniority.

So, whether you look at it from the obvious father's-throne (Alaafin) vs son's-throne (Omo-n’Oba) angle --- Alaafin ranks superior

Whether you loou look at it from the earlier-ascension (Alaafin Oranmiyan) vs later-ascension (Omo-n’Oba Eweka I) angle --- Alaafin ranks superior.

Note: As I have said earlier according to Yoruba accounts, Eweka became the first Oba of Benin.

However, as at the time Oranmiyan left Benin to become Alaafin Oyo, Eweka I was just been born as a babe who is to become king years later when he grows up.

So, however you want to look at it, whether from father's-throne vs son's-throne angle; or from the earlier-ascension vs latter-ascension angle --- the Alaafin's throne (Oranmiyan) still ranks superior to Oba Ubinu's throne (Eweka I).

And yes, Oba Eweka II is not stupid in the attachment below, contrary to what you think about him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:26am On Apr 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]So you agree oduduwa is not originally Yoruba.
And we can logically agree that he did not fall from the sky, which leaves 2 theories to debate.. He is either a refugee from Mecca or a Benin prince. I think common sense should tell us it’s more reasonable that oduduwa came from Benin to Ife which is only about 200km apart rather than from Mecca which is over 7,000km from Nigeria. Do u know how many years it will take to walk that distance?
If it took the Israelites 40yrs to walk from Egypt to Israel a distance of 600km how long will it take Oduduwa to walk a distance of over 7,000km?
So this your theory of Oduduwa coming from Mecca is foolish.. Oduduwa is a Benin prince, and it was said that in his lifetime he reserved a sit in his palace for his ancestors and only an Edo man can sit on that sit.[/s]

So, because you don't know where your first Ogiso came from means that Oduduwa is not Yoruba but from Benin??

What kind of retarded logic is this??

Historians say Oduduwa is not from Benin, will you not listen and accept fate.

Where is Ogiso Igodo from

And for the last time, give your parents the phone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:32am On Apr 10, 2020
TAO11:

Should we just pretend that we both didn't see that your comment above on, GrandSon, GreatGrandSon, etc was ridiculously pointless?? grin cheesy grin You bungled!! cheesy

Anyways, moving on with educating you:

We are here talking about ranking of monarchies --- And from the word itself, it clearly indicates seniority.

So, whether you like at it from the obvious father's-throne (Alaafin) vs son's-throne (Oba Ubinu) angle --- Alaafin ranks superior

Whether you loou look at it from the earlier-ascension (Alaafin Oranmiyan) vs later-ascension (Oba Eweka I) angle --- Alaafin ranks superior.

Note: As I have said earlier according to Yoruba accounts, Eweka became the first Oba of Benin.

However, as at the time Oranmitan left Benin to become Alaafin Oyo, Eweka I was just been born as a babe who is to become king years later when he grows up.

So, however you want to look at it, whether from father's-throne vs son's-throne angle; or from the earlier-ascension vs latter-ascension angle --- the Alaafin's throne (Oranmiyan) still ranks superior to Oba Ubinu's throne (Eweka I).

And yes, Oba Eweka II is not stupid in the attachment below, contrary to what you think about him.

I still say you sound foolish.
You claim Oba Eweka II prays to the Oghene.. but it is also a known fact tha Oduduwa the first Ooni whom u Yorubas worship reserved a sit specially for his ancestors in his palace and only an Edo man can sit on it.
Isn’t that enough evidence that his ancestors was Edo.. and when Europeans visited these parts Edo was still ruling Yorubas.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:35am On Apr 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]I still say you sound foolish.
You claim Oba Eweka II prays to the Oghene.. but it is also a known fact tha Oduduwa the first Ooni whom u Yorubas worship reserved a sit specially for his ancestors in his palace and only an Edo man can sit on it.Isn’t that enough evidence that his ancestors was Edo.. and when Europeans visited these parts Edo was still ruling Yorubas.[/s]

No where did I merely claim that, instead I cited academic reference.

So, next time write as follows:

"Ward-Price was told in the 1920s by Oba Eweka II that he prays to the Oghene of Ife".

Morwover, provide your academic evidence for "reserved a special seat for his ancestor"

Or give the phone to your parents if you can't!!!
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:37am On Apr 10, 2020
TAO11:

So, because you don't know where your first Ogiso came from means that Oduduwa is not Yoruba but from Benin??

What kind of retarded logic is this??

Historians say Oduduwa is not from Benin, will you not listen and accept fate.

Where is Ogiso Igodo from

And for the last time, give your parents the phone.

Mugu don’t lie here. historians never said that Oduduwa is not from Benin. They said that Oduduwa is not originally from Yoruba but a foreigner who came and conquered you guys and became a ruler. That is what historians have said.
Also historians have questioned the theory that oduduwa walked over 7,000km to Ife. That is really absurd lol.
Historians are actually leaning towards the Benin theory.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:39am On Apr 10, 2020
TAO11:

Provide your academic evidence for "reserved a special seat for his ancestor"

Or give the phone to your parents if you can't!!!

I don’t need to provide any academic evidence for a story that is part of your tradition. Go ask your Yoruba ancestors who acknowledged and testified to that claim.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]I don’t need to provide any academic evidence for a story that is part of your tradition. Go ask your Yoruba ancestors who acknowledged and testified to that claim.[/s]

Such story that a certain ancestor of Oduduwa has some seat is found only in your clogged Benin brain.

Give the phone to your parents I repeat.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 12:50am On Apr 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Mugu don’t lie here. historians never said that Oduduwa is not from Benin. They said that Oduduwa is not originally from Yoruba but a foreigner who came and conquered you guys and became a ruler. That is what historians have said.
Also historians have questioned the theory that oduduwa walked over 7,000km to Ife. That is really absurd lol.
Historians are actually leaning towards the Benin theory.[/s]

I will deal with you until there is no Benin lie left on your tongue.

Let's see how this fabricated Edo story of Ekaladerhan is being regarded in academia the world over:

The story that a certain prince Ekaladerhan found his way to Ife and became king there under the name Odudduwa has long been debunked and trashed, by experts in academia the world over, as an over ambitious myth.

A case is point is the submission of Dmitri M. Bondarenko, of the Institute for African Studies in the Russian Academy of Sciences, who is without doubt the most prolific and (arguably) the leading authority on Benin History in the world today. He writes and I quote here:

"Finally, there are the apocryphal versions of Benin oral tradition. ... (wherein) Ekaladerhan ... Some time later ... left Gwato for Ife."

"According to other versions of the kind, after leaving Gwato, Ekaladerhan founded another settlement, Ile-Ife and became her first ruler under the name of Oduduwa."

D. M. Bondarenko wrapped up his assessment of this apocryphal account (after having combed thoroughly through its different versions) by submitting that:

"However, a student of ancient Benin might feel obliged to reject the apocryphal versions without hesitation as deliberately unauthentic. There are no their records made before the early 1970s ..."

In other words, the apocryphal and deliberately unauthentic account which states that Ekalederhan became king in Ife are non-existent before the 1970s. cheesy

D. M. Bondarenko then puts the final nail in the coffin by submitting that:

"There is no doubt that the apocryphal versions are not authentic and are not popular. Their authors are representatives of the nationalistically-minded part of the Bini intelligentsia who are seeking to ground the idea of an exceptional antiquity for their people and claims for its exclusive part in the socio political life of independent Nigeria ... Behind such pseudohistorical studies by intellectuals, as if harmless, one can make out serious problems for the country ..."

Reference: Dmitri M. Bondarenko, "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty: Another Assessment of a Benin History Key Point", History in Africa, Vol. 30 (2003), pp. 67 - 68, Cambridge University Press.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2020
TAO11:

Such story that a certain ancestor of Oduduwa has some seat is found only in your clogged Benin brain.

Give the phone to your parents I repeat.

Your fish brain only knows and celebrate myths and unfounded claims.. you have been using myths to challenge real and documented history.

Ife was just a village that had a great oracle from whom people from different places came to seek divination and when people got tired of the oracle Ife faded away. That was why all the early writers you referenced never saw Ife, only heard rumours of a certain place whose name they weren’t sure of and whose ruler was insignificant that they didn’t bother to go visit.

Yet all those historians visited Benin and recorded it as a great and mighty Kingdom which ruled over vast majority of Yorubaland. From the time the first Portuguese set foot on these parts till the British took over was a timeline of over 400yrs and Benin was recorded as the greatest Kingdom all that time and Ife was non existent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply)

Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland / Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.