Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (40051 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
naxclimpsey:

I am not going to block you as I know everything is just normal chest beating. Back to your second question; have you asked yourself why catalans can't make it out of Spain, have you asked yourself why Georgia is still under Russia, why Scotland is battling with same thing and no success in sight and many more nations? Better stick to one Nigeria and avoid another spill of bloods, which I don't pray for. Don't endanger lives of other for what is not sure yet. Shalom bro

Why not chest beat your own since you are sophisticated?

Nobody has gotten freedom by appealing to right of nature.

If the blood that will flow is for good and liberation let it flow. Sacrifice must always be made for future generations to live better lives.

Imagine phrase" Better stick to one Nigeria"...
What has the one you have stucked benefitted you?
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
I hail oo. U dey deal with people here dangerously oo
Hahahah.

Weytin we go do my sister

We no go open eye make Binis dey fire lie back front left right and centre.

If they have a way of holding my hands from busting their lies, them go do am since

Lemme share a link with you where I wrote at some length on Oduduwa.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

Those you watched on the video were quoting from Ayalala.

I don't know when you joined this thread and topic.

If you had cared to read a few pages back, you would have seen were a severally repeated that I don't post for the Yorubas but other tribes.

So your argument makes no difference to me.

My submissions and replies are not for Yoruba audience buy the benefits of other tribes.
why secondary source why not primary source.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
davidnazee:

I see u have gone the way of ur useless Yoruba bobrisky TAO11..

Anyways The Guinness Book of Records (1974 edition) described the walls of Benin City and its surrounding kingdom as the world’s largest earthworks carried out prior to the mechanical era. According to estimates by the New Scientist’s Fred Pearce, Benin City’s walls were at one point “four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops”.

I even gave her the opportunity to watch the video in the link and yet she still came back with what she wrote.

Typical tribal bigot.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

Those you watched on the video were quoting from Ayalala.

I don't know when you joined this thread and topic.

If you had cared to read a few pages back, you would have seen were a severally repeated that I don't post for the Yorubas but other tribes.

So your argument makes no difference to me.

My submissions and replies are not for Yoruba audience buy the benefits of other tribes.

That they are white people in a Facebook video does not make their words authentic. Lift yourself off the ground and stop being inferior.

They are indeed mistaken as I have shown from the Webpage of Guiness World Records that the greatest monument ever constructed is a Pyramid.

See Guiness World Record one more time. https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-pyramid/

cc: Moneywomen17
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:
Hahahah.

Weytin we go do my sister

We no go open eye make Binis dey fire lie back front left right and centre.

If they have a way of holding my hands from busting their lies, them go do am since

Lemme share a link with you where I wrote at some length on Oduduwa.
thanks but am not a sister. It’s money women. Am basically saying money then women. Due to nairaland I couldn’t create it the way I want. But yes u are bringing up some good points here with some interesting source.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
why secondary source why not primary source.

If that source is not good enough for you, no any other sources will. I don't fall for cheap excuses.

I didn't post the link for you but other tribes.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

I even gave her the opportunity to watch the video in the link and yet she still came back with what she wrote.

Typical tribal bigot.

We no want Facebook oo. We want Guiness World Record directly where they said a Pyramid is THE greatest monument
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

We no want Facebook oo. We want Guiness World Record directly where they said a Pyramid is THE greatest monument

I have repeatedly told you that my submissions are not for the Yoruba, you forgot?
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
thanks but am not a sister. It’s money women. Am basically saying money then women. Due to nairaland I couldn’t create it the way I want. But yes u are bringing up some good points here with some interesting source.

Thanks brother.

I like to share you the link privately.

You could email me at TAO.11@yahoo.com
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

I have repeatedly told you that my submissions are not for the Yoruba, you forgot?

Of course, they are for the Binis.

You believe too much in their dvmbness.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by naxclimpsey(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Why not chest beat your own since you are sophisticated?

Nobody has gotten freedom by appealing to right of nature.

If the blood that will flow is for good and liberation let it flow. Sacrifice must always be made for future generations to live better lives.

Imagine phrase" Better stick to one Nigeria"...
What has the one you have stucked benefitted you?

We are not chest beating anything. Although I know Nigeria is not working but there is always a solution apart from war
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
davidnazee:

Anyways The Guinness Book of Records (1974 edition) described the walls of Benin City and its surrounding kingdom as the world’s largest earthworks carried out prior to the mechanical era. According to estimates by the New Scientist’s Fred Pearce, Benin City’s walls were at one point “four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops”.

read what u wrote urself. So it’s not the largest man made structure cuz it said prior to the mechanical era. That means it once was at a time not anymore. U can read but u seem not to be able to comprehend what u read.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
naxclimpsey:

We are not chest beating anything. Although I know Nigeria is not working but there is always a solution apart from war

Can you give one of those solutions?
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

If that source is not good enough for you, no any other sources will. I don't fall for cheap excuses.

I didn't post the link for you but other tribes.

Other tribes too will be wondering like:

But wait oo, Guinness itself is directly saying that the largest monument is a pyramid, but somehow this samuk guy sha wants us to believe a 3rd party Facebook source which says its Benin wall while claiming to be making reference to same Guinness that we've heard from directly. Hmmmm! We hear and obey you samuk! grin grin grin

C'mon samuk, what do you take other tribes for?? ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
read what u wrote urself. So it’s not the largest man made structure cuz it said prior to the mechanical era. That means it once was at a time not anymore. U can read but u seem not to be able to comprehend what u read.

That's even a lie. The Pyramid was made prior to the mechanical era.

Yet Guiness says it's the largest monument ever.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
davidnazee:

I know you are lying as usual.

Anyways, the Pyramid, as we've all seen, is the greatest monument according to Guinness World Records, even in your lie lie 1974.

That Pyramid wasn't just constructed after 1974. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

Other tribes too will be wondering like:

But wait oo, Guinness itself is directly saying that the largest monument is a pyramid, but somehow this samuk guy sha wants us to believe a 3rd party Facebook source which says its Benin wall while claiming to be making reference to same Guinness that we've heard from directly. Hmmmm! We hear and obey you samuk! grin grin grin

C'mon samuk, what do you take other tribes for?? ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't assume other tribes can't make informed decisions themselves, other tribe may not necessarily see things and think like the Yoruba.
Whatever conclusion other tribes make out of it is theirs not us.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
Samuk, can you now see that lies can-not suppress truth whenever truth is ready.

All your summarized lies from 1 to 13 abi 18, I wasted them all with truth.

Truth pays, no matter how small it portrays Benin Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

That's even a lie. The Pyramid was made prior to the mechanical era.

Yet Guiness says it's the largest monument ever.
u know throw him a bone. I know the pyramid is before mechanical era. But am trying let him know even if it wasn’t he is still not right.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

Don't assume other tribes can't make informed decisions themselves, other tribe may not necessarily see things and think like the Yoruba.
Whatever conclusion other tribes make out it is theirs not us.

No one is assuming here. I was only exposing you and calling you out unreservedly and unapologetically.

I am still waiting for what Guiness World Records says directly, not from some Facebook account which claims to be talking about Guiness World records.

Anyways, to save our time:

The largest monument ever constructed IS the largest Pyramid in the world AND WHICH IS the Quetzalcóatl Pyramid at Cholula de Rivadavia.

Who said that?
Guiness World Records.

See link below -- DIRECT to Guinness.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-pyramid/

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

Whatever conclusion other tribes make out it is theirs not us.
I don’t know about other tribes but as for u. I don’t think U can make informed decision.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

No one is assuming here. I was only exposing you and calling you out unreservedly and unapologetically.

I am still waiting for what Guiness World Records says directly, not from some Facebook account which claims to be talking about Guiness World records.

exactly anybody can say anything on Facebook. Doesn’t mean it’s genuine

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

What part of I am not here to convince you don't you comprehend.

I present my evidence and move on. Those that are wasting their times with you should also be doing the same with counter narratives and evidences.

It's up to the audience/other tribes to reach their conclusion based on the evidence before them
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

What part of I am not here to convince you don't you comprehend.

I present my evidence and move on. Those that are wasting their times with you should also be doing the same with counter narratives and evidences.

It's up to the audience/other tribes to reach their conclusion based on the evidence before them

I know you are here to trick your gullible audience whose gullibility you have too much confidence in.

Well, I chose to expose you.

Tell me if I don't have the right or freedom to do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:
Samuk, can you now see that lies can-not suppress truth whenever truth is ready.

All your summarized lies from 1 to 13 abi 18, I wasted them all with truth.

Truth pays, no matter how small it portrays Benin Kingdom.

Truth by Yoruba standards. It's up to other tribes to determine.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

I know you are here to trick your gullible audience whose gullibility you have too much confidence in.

the guy is a clown. He thinks he is some lawyer in front of a jury with his “the audience bullshit” the truth is all he writes is crap with unacceptable source but as long as he thinks his imaginary audience might be as dumb as him to believe him. It’s fine. Lol what a nonce

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
TAO11:

It's hubris to think it's only you and your Yoruba people that have all the knowledge by calling other audience/tribes gullible.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
samuk:

It's hubris to think it's only you and your Yoruba people that have all the knowledge by calling other audience/tribes gullible.
what “audience” my guy. And if anybody buy that shit u are selling irrespective of tribe, they are indeed gullible.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
the guy is a clown. He thinks he is some lawyer in front of a jury with his “the audience bullshit” the truth is all he writes is crap with unacceptable source but as long as he thinks his imaginary audience might be as dumb as him to believe him. It’s fine. Lol what a nonce

Guy, you are very new here, the thread didn't start today, it will do you a great deal to go and read from the beginning of the thread and get yourself properly acquainted with the topic. People have right to ignore you.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by samuk: 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Moneywomen17:
what “audience” my guy. And if anybody buy that shit u are selling irrespective of tribe, they are indeed gullible.

Are all Yoruba people this uncut and behave like animals in public spaces.

Cant you guys string few sentences together without the use of foul languages, so much for being sophisticated.

Must you always display your agbero attitude and lack of manners and etiquette when someone disagrees with you.

Can't you just express yourself and move on without getting overly worked up and start to lose your senses.

Why do you think you are so important that you must be responded to.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
davidnazee:

Well one thing I agree on is that myths shouldn’t be used to argue history because myths always turn out to be false.. unlike TAO11 that backs up his/her argument using myths as evidence.
History will say one thing and TAO11 will say another.

I don’t argue about Benin myths or use it as evidence in my argument because I don’t believe in myths, I prefer reality on ground to make my assessment.

If u say Oduduwa is from Oke Ora, I have read article against that idea and it says Oke Ora wasn’t even in existence during the time of Oduduwa. and the Oke Ora story even says oduduwa descended on a chain from Oke Ora down to Ife. Is Oke Ora in the sky or mountainous area?

Calm down

TAO11 will soon call for your parents, because you're hiting him hard. i stayed off comment, to to read and gather relevant data that will aid my research, i can tell you for the past few days this thread havemade me read articles and do research have not done in a longtime
I got to read new history on benin people

Thanks for the bolded dont let him drag you into myth instead when, he put you on mythical stories drag him out of it with fact like you did on the bolded, i always use factual analysis for him and he seems not to like it because he gets stuck on his lies

TAO11 has read so many articles on benin and ife history, trust me i bet he loves arguing on benin and ife myth it never gets him bored but his promblem is he reads with tribalism, he is not ready to tell the truth even if he has come across it while reading

He once posted a link of an article to discredit my mention, i happened to read the whole article and i found out that he only copied a qoute of the writter, that favoured him not knowing that the writer happend to have being quoting peoples account on that particular issue which the writer happened to have later analyze and discredit in that same article

I have argued with this guy on several bases on benin and ife issue the only thing i see in this guy is, he has a psychological intriguing feeling that arouse him when it comes to this discussion
I will call it a benin - ife syndrome

Literally you are arguing with a physcho

He gives no valid points other than giving numerous reasons links upon links without even evaluating them before posting as long as it fit is narrative he post it,
He knows if he does that to me, i simply tag them mere claims "

I wanted to ask him how did he come up to the fact that Oduduwa came from oke ora is it because an article said so or he believed so

And you did hit him well with those bolded

Stop quoting him please stop,
Rather Quote the others not this beni ife physcho

The part that got me was the ogendengbe shit that they said ogendengbe was pleaded with gift by the oba of benin not to conquer benin

Am like wtf why not conquer benin then own the entire territory were it came from instead of taking few gift, and what was the gift oba gave him that he so cherished than conquering it

Please stop quoting him he is a physcho

The fastest way to push him off is not posting him links of articles to counter him instead the links of the articles he posted help him analyze it one by one he will then be force to go do furter research angrily or reply you with insult

Go call your parents "

Samuk

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (52) (Reply)

Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China / Names Of God In Yoruba Language (with English Subtitles) / Any Ijaw Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.