Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife (40002 Views)

Abiriba Kingdom In Abia Holds 600-Year-Old ‘Itu Eye’ Ceremony In Grand Style / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by silverlinen(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2020
The ooni is high on cheap colorado trips
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 11:57pm On May 07, 2020
silverlinen:
The ooni is high on cheap colorado trips
K'óró gbá l'ẹ́nu ẹ!

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 1:23am On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

(1)(a). I can't type in Edo language, I would have made the following easier for you to read. You may, however, hire a cheap interpreter/translator for the purpose of reading the quote below to you:

"During the era of Ife's greatest historic power, the twelfth to fifteenth centuries C.E., its influence spanned eastward to The Niger River and westward to what is today's southern Togo*."

Reference:
S.P. Blier, Art and Risk in Ancient Yoruba: Ife History, Power, and Identity, c.1300, 2010, p.2.

If you know anything about Nigeria map, then you should have realized, at this point, that your little Benin Kingdom lies within this expanse of Ife's influence.

Moreover, during this period (12th to 15th centuries) your little Benin Kingdom is hardly a force to reckon with even among Edo speaking peoples.

Ewuare who brought Benin to limelight didn't begin to reign until towards the end of the 15th century. Argue with your Benin chronology.

(b). Having said that, I am not sure if you're partially amnesiac, or you're simply a mythomaniac who has a very strong believe in his own ability to lie.

I say this because just a few days ago, you directed a similar inane question to me, and you brought forward a screenshot of an article as your evidence.

It turned out that the screenshot fails to say what you wish it says. It also turned out that the article (from which you got your own screenshot) has the following to say:

"Phase 2. ("900A.D. - 1450A.D.")
Ife emerged as a power in the region after the main wave of Yoruba expansion and cultural differentiation."

Reference
Robin Horton, "Ancient Ife: A Reassessment", Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria, Vol. 9, No. 4 (JUNE 1979), p.140.

See the link below for a reminder of the humiliation you endured before finally fleeing quietly:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/7#89077140

(2). The only rich details I remeber at the moment is of how Ibadan invaded territories of Benin Kingdom, raided them for slaves, and sacked many of the settlements there within Benin Kingdom. Don't you remember this rich details?? grin grin Or isn't it rich enough? grin

(3). Although historical accounts say otherwise as can be seen from the two independent references cited above, I would however love to see you cite from only one of your so-called "all historical account [which] shows [Ife] was a small and decayed village from 12th century onwards".

This shouldn't be too difficult for you considering that only one of these davidnazeestorical-sources is what I request.

It seems to be hightime you're finally freed from your schizophrenia, and let go of your imaginary playmates who, during play time, inform you of these "all historical account".

So how does this your long epistle answer my question? Your responses always gives u away. Don’t try to hide behind long epistles and insults, if you don’t know just say so.

Well just like there is no factual details about Ife as a great Kingdom between 12th and 18th centuries (and well before that period too) so also there’s no true account of Ife lordship over your own Yoruba Kingdom because Ife was never real.
It wasn’t a great Kingdom ruling over other kingdoms.. it was just a village where the Oracle (native doctor) lived.

As for your Ibadan claims I’m happy you agree that vast parts of Yoruba territories was under Great Benin Kingdom because the only part of Benin Kingdom Ibadan invaded was the Yoruba parts. So it’s a case of brother invading brothers lol.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 2:56am On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]So how does this your long epistle answer my question? Your responses always gives u away. Don’t try to hide behind long epistles and insults, if you don’t know just say so.

Well just like there is no factual details about Ife as a great Kingdom between 12th and 18th centuries (and well before that period too) so also there’s no true account of Ife lordship over your own Yoruba Kingdom because Ife was never real.
It wasn’t a great Kingdom ruling over other kingdoms.. it was just a village where the Oracle (native doctor) lived.

As for your Ibadan claims I’m happy you agree that vast parts of Yoruba territories was under Great Benin Kingdom because the only part of Benin Kingdom Ibadan invaded was the Yoruba parts. So it’s a case of brother invading brothers lol.
[/s]

I already gave you a disclaimer when I said I cant type in Edo language. grin

So, hire an interpreter to translate from English to Edo so you can understand that your dvmb question was not only answered, but your prior humiliation also highlighted.

Moreover, Ibadan raiding territories of your Benin Kingdom inhabited by your Edo people is not my claim because I can't remeber telling you at anytime that my name is Dr. R.E. Bradbury author The Benin Kingdom and the Edo Speaking Peoples of Southern Nigeria.

Moreover, everyone here will like to see you cite your imaginary playmates --- the voices in your head --- from whom you've been getting your information. cheesy I can't remember agreeing at any time to any of your schizophreniac claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 3:52am On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

I already gave you a disclaimer when I said I cant type in Edo language. grin

So, hire an interpreter to translate from English to Edo so you can understand that your dvmb question was not only answered, but your prior humiliation also highlighted.

Moreover, Ibadan raiding territories of your Benin Kingdom inhabited by your Edo people is not my claim because I can't remeber telling you at anytime that my name is Dr. R.E. Bradbury author The Benin Kingdom and the Edo Speaking Peoples of Southern Nigeria.

Moreover, everyone here will like to see you cite your imaginary playmates --- the voices in your head --- from whom you've been getting your information. cheesy I can't remember agreeing at any time to any of your schizophreniac claims.

Your knowledge of events and history is really very limited. Maybe you should ask Bradbury which parts of Benin Kingdom Ibadan raided, he will tell you it’s the Yoruba parts because even Bradbury and all the the scholars u will quote all agree with facts that Great Benin Kingdom ruled over vast parts of your Yoruba Kingdoms including; ondo, Akure, osogbo, idanre, Ekiti, ado Ekiti, ilesa, Ikere, Efon-alaiye, ikare, owo, Ijebu ode, ore, ijebu-Igbo, ise, ikole, ila, iwo, ede..
Some of these Great Benin vassal states were the ones Ibadan raided.
So like I said earlier, it’s brother raiding brothers..

As for Ife, your failure (not ur fault tho becos there’s nothing to say) to give any traditional account of any Yoruba Kingdoms describing ife’s rule over them just goes to show Ife was not great as you like to say.
I bet a greater percentage of Yorubas will deny Ife ever ruled their kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 9:32am On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Your knowledge of events and history is really very limited. Maybe you should ask Bradbury which parts of Benin Kingdom Ibadan raided, he will tell you it’s the Yoruba parts because even Bradbury and all the the scholars u will quote all agree with facts that Great Benin Kingdom ruled over vast parts of your Yoruba Kingdoms including; ondo, Akure, osogbo, idanre, Ekiti, ado Ekiti, ilesa, Ikere, Efon-alaiye, ikare, owo, Ijebu ode, ore, ijebu-Igbo, ise, ikole, ila, iwo, ede..

As for Ife, your failure (not ur fault tho becos there’s nothing to say) to give any traditional account of any Yoruba Kingdoms describing ife’s rule over them just goes to show Ife was not great as you like to say.
I bet a greater percentage of Yorubas will deny Ife ever ruled their kingdoms.[/s]

I've cited reference (from Bradbury) more than once on this platform to the names of several Edo people and settlements destroyed by the Ibadan troops.

Also, I've cited reference to the territories ruled by Ife (from the 12th to the 15th centuries) including your 2 by 2 Benin Kingdom.

Your problem remains your admitted inability to read English text, and I've for that reason adviced that you hire an Edo translator if you must reply. grin

Another fundamental problem you have is taking information from your imaginary playmates (jo-jo, mi-mi, fi-fi, and others.) and passing off those information on nairaland as though you read them from some history books.

No, everyone already knows you're an illiterate who don't read. Illiterates have nothing to cite from. Illiterates are afraid of reading.

You are passionate about defending your 2by2 kingdom (just like anyone should about their kingdom), but the big obstacle for you remains your illiteracy.

You can't possibly defend anything with yoir empty schizophrenic skull. It just cant happen.

Stop saying illiteracy is just a little problem. No it's not.

Buy your first book today and read. That way you will have something to cite from.

It will also help you to slow down on taking information from your imaginary playmates.

It may also be the panacea you need for your schizophrenia disorder, who knows? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Your knowledge of events and history is really very limited. Maybe you should ask Bradbury which parts of Benin Kingdom Ibadan raided, he will tell you it’s the Yoruba parts because even Bradbury and all the the scholars u will quote all agree with facts that Great Benin Kingdom ruled over vast parts of your Yoruba Kingdoms including; ondo, Akure, osogbo, idanre, Ekiti, ado Ekiti, ilesa, Ikere, Efon-alaiye, ikare, owo, Ijebu ode, ore, ijebu-Igbo, ise, ikole, ila, iwo, ede..

I bet a greater percentage of Yorubas will deny Ife ever ruled their kingdoms.

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 9:47am On May 08, 2020
Wow, Ife is so great that some people famz Ife by force by fire.

Why would kingdoms (including in as far away as Ghana) be so desperate to famz Ife as suggested by R.C.C. Law??

Can't remember anyone famzing the 2by2 Benin kingdom grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 1:35pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:
Wow, Ife is so great that some people famz Ife by force by fire.

Why would kingdoms (including in as far away as Ghana) be so desperate to famz Ife as suggested by R.C.C. Law??

Can't remember anyone famzing the 2by2 Benin kingdom grin grin grin

Please what’s the meaning of famzing? Does it mean lies and fabrications? Because the article posted by greyboy shows most stories around Ife are lies and fabrications.

I think everyone remembers this 2by2 Benin conquering and ruling your 4by4 Yoruba for many centuries.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 1:45pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

I've cited reference (from Bradbury) more than once on this platform to the names of several Edo people and settlements destroyed by the Ibadan troops.

Also, I've cited reference to the territories ruled by Ife (from the 12th to the 15th centuries) including your 2 by 2 Benin Kingdom.

Your problem remains your admitted inability to read English text, and I've for that reason adviced that you hire an Edo translator if you must reply. grin

Another fundamental problem you have is taking information from your imaginary playmates (jo-jo, mi-mi, fi-fi, and others.) and passing off those information on nairaland as though you read them from some history books.

No, everyone already knows you're an illiterate who don't read. Illiterates have nothing to cite from. Illiterates are afraid of reading.

You are passionate about defending your 2by2 kingdom (just like anyone should about their kingdom), but the big obstacle for you remains your illiteracy.

You can't possibly defend anything with yoir empty schizophrenic skull. It just cant happen.

Stop saying illiteracy is just a little problem. No it's not.

Buy your first book today and read. That way you will have something to cite from.

It will also help you to slow down on taking information from your imaginary playmates.

It may also be the panacea you need for your schizophrenia disorder, who knows? grin

Loser lol.
Your claim of Ife reaching up to the East River Niger is a lie because no tribe east of Ife (except Yoruba) has the name Ife in their history or ever heard the name before. Ife is a new story to them.

Can u list the names of Benin territories Ibadan raided that is not Yoruba?

Please please can you just say the name of your Yoruba Kingdom of origin and if your traditional history tells of a time when Ife ruled your kingdom.
Please don’t say Bradbury said Ife was powerful at a time. Tell me what your grandma or grandpa or elderly person told u. Afterall elderly people from eastern Yorubalands can narrate accurately about the time when Great Benin was Lord and master over their territories. So older persons around u should be able to say something so ask them if u don’t know.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:46pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Please what’s the meaning of famzing? Does it mean lies and fabrications? Because the article posted by greyboy shows most stories around Ife are lies and fabrications.

Was oyo really an empire that's the question

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 2:15pm On May 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Was oyo really an empire that's the question

The timeline in the article is when Oyo was supposedly a powerful empire but yet the Yoruba Kingdoms Oyo was Lord over are denying such relationship existed.
Same will be the case for Ife if such question was asked the Yoruba Kingdoms Ife supposedly ruled over according to TAO11.

Oyo even have stories with timeline of events and relationships with other kingdoms around it.
Nothing like that for Ife. No Kingdom will ever say Ife ruled over it or it paid tributes or gifts to Ife.
Not even TAO11 can confidently say Ife ruled his/her tiny kingdom of origin.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:47pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Loser lol.
(1) Your claim of Ife reaching up to the East River Niger is a lie because no tribe east of Ife (except Yoruba) has the name Ife in their history or ever heard the name before. Ife is a new story to them.

(2) Can u list the names of Benin territories Ibadan raided that is not Yoruba?

Hahaha loser trying to call others loser to save face.

(1) At no point did I claim that Ife ruled from River Niger to Southern Togo.

Rather I cited historical reference. I don't expect an illiterate like you to know the difference between my personal claim and a historical reference.

(2) Your Edo brothers raided by Ibadan within your Benin Kingdom:

Osi, Ebune, Ugbosi, Ososo, Ibilo, Ekpessa, Lankpese, Ibiekuma, Ekor, and Ekpe, among several others.

The Ibadan crushed the army of Benin Kingdom responsible for its western defence against external aggression.

I'm glad you humbly asked for this list.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 3:58pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

I think everyone remembers this 2by2 Benin conquering and ruling your 4by4 Yoruba for many centuries.

Oh never mind ... I will answer your questions. I understand how thick your skull is.

An example of famzing is how you all claimed that it was your Benin Obas who sold you all cheap and fabricated a connection with Ife by force by fire. grin

No, everyone remembers how Ibadan raided Benin Kingdom for slaves long before the Nupes too later came in to conquer those same regions of Benin Kingdom from your Obas. grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 4:02pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Hahaha loser trying to call others loser to save face.

(1) At no point did I claim that Ife ruled from River Niger to Southern Togo.

Rather I cited historical reference. I don't expect an illiterate like you to know the difference between my personal claim and a historical reference.

(2) Your Edo brothers raided by Ibadan within your Benin Kingdom:

Osi, Ebune, Ugbosi, Ososo, Ibilo, Ekpessa, Lankpese, Ibiekuma, Ekor, and Ekpe, among several others.

The Ibadan crushed thw army of Benin Kingdom responsible for its western defence against external aggression.

I'm glad you humbly asked for this list.

Hahahaha.. u don go find names of Edo towns lol. anyways no need for the Ibadan story because it’s nonsense.

Please can you answer my question about Ife Kingdom rule over your tiny Yoruba Kingdom of origin?
U said Ife reigned during 12th to 15th empire, that’s not too far in time to forget details.
So during that period can u describe Ife rule or subjugation of your own kingdom if it really did? From the size of Ife u described, ur own tiny kingdom was inside that expanse.

BTW, I just talked to my Yoruba friend from ondo and asked him if Benin ruled Ondo he said yes. I asked him if Ife also ruled Ondo he said no. But for ur sake I argued with him that Ife indeed ruled Ondo but he said he has never heard about Ife ruling anywhere.
But since you say Ife ruled ur own kingdom I’m waiting to hear details about that rule..

I don’t think u are too dumb (tho u are dumb) to understand my question.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:08pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

The timeline in the article is when Oyo was supposedly a powerful empire but yet the Yoruba Kingdoms Oyo was Lord over are denying such relationship existed.
Same will be the case for Ife if such question was asked the Yoruba Kingdoms Ife supposedly ruled over according to TAO11.

Oyo even have stories with timeline of events and relationships with other kingdoms around it.
Nothing like that for Ife. No Kingdom will ever say Ife ruled over it or it paid tributes or gifts to Ife.
Not even TAO11 can confidently say Ife ruled his/her tiny kingdom of origin.

Ife ruled from Southern Togo to River Niger --- S.P. Blier.

But unfortunately your 5 kilobyte schizophrenic brain does not come with map processing features. cheesy

Otherwise you would have realized that all Yoruba kingdoms (including your 2by2 kingdom) fall under Ife's rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 4:17pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Ife ruled from Southern Togo to River Niger --- S.P. Blier.

But unfortunately your 5 kilobyte schizophrenic brain does not come with map processing features. cheesy

Otherwise you would have realized that all Yoruba kingdoms (including your 2by2 kingdom) fall under Ife's rule.

That is why I’m asking u (since ur tiny kingdom also falls within Ife rule) for details of Ife rule over you. If I ask an Ekiti man about Benin rule over them I believe he will discuss Benin’s wars, trade and administration over them.
You can do the same with Ife rule over ur kingdom.. afterall 12th to 15th centuries is not too far to forget details.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:41pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

(1) Hahahaha.. u don go find names of Edo towns lol. anyways no need for the Ibadan story because it’s nonsense.

Please can you answer my question about Ife Kingdom rule over your tiny Yoruba Kingdom of origin?

(2) U said Ife reigned during 12th to 15th empire, that’s not too far in time to forget details.
So during that period can u describe Ife rule or subjugation of your own kingdom if it really did? From the size of Ife u described, ur own tiny kingdom was inside that expanse.

(3) BTW, I just talked to my Yoruba friend from ondo and asked him if Benin ruled Ondo he said yes. I asked him if Ife also ruled Ondo he said no. But for ur sake I argued with him that Ife indeed ruled Ondo but he said he has never heard about Ife ruling anywhere.
But since you say Ife ruled ur own kingdom I’m waiting to hear details about that rule..

I don’t think u are too dumb (tho u are dumb) to understand my question.

(1) I'm glad you agreed those are Edo settlements within your 2by2 kingdom as mentioned by R.E. Bradbury.

But what do I expect from an illiterate?

An illiterate would obviously say something like: tHaT LiSt iS nOnsEnSe and Bradbury is aNoThEr YoRuBa bIgOt. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(2)
(a) Ife was a power from 900CE to 1400CE.

(b) The height of its power was from 1100 to 1400

(c) The geography of its power is from Southern Togo to The River Niger.

At this point, I have to remind you that I am not to blame for your geography deficiency if you insist in being ignorant of the fact that all Yoruba kingdoms (including your 2by2 kingdom) was under this geography.

(3) Oh you spoke to your friend from Ondo!!

Hurray!!!!! You finally cited a scholar. grin cheesy

I actually overestimated you brain capacity when I said it was 5KB. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

That is why I’m asking u (since ur tiny kingdom also falls within Ife rule) for details of Ife rule over you. If I ask an Ekiti man about Benin rule over them I believe he will discuss Benin’s wars, trade and administration over them.
You can do the same with Ife rule over ur kingdom.. afterall 12th to 15th centuries is not too far to forget details.

You denied that Ife ruled all Yoruba Kingdoms and your 2by2 kingdom.

Evidence was cited to the effect that all Yoruba Kingdoms (including your 2by2 kingdom) was ruled by Ife.

Instead of covering your face in shame for being an illiterate, you went on cunningly asking for personal details about me.

Is your 5KB brain partly rotten or fully rotten, Mr illiterate?? cheesy

The only engagement I remember between Benin and Ekiti is when Benin engaged one small Ekiti settlement namely: Otun-Ekiti.

Benin Kingdom was so badly dealt with that almost all Benin's top military commanders lost their lives.

Guess what!? Your 2by2 kingdom unilaterally by itself initiated a peace pact with Otun-Ekiti after the devastating defeat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 5:22pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

You denied that Ife ruled all Yoruba Kingdoms and your 2by2 kingdom.

Evidence was cited to the effect that all Yoruba Kingdoms (including your 2by2 kingdom) was ruled by Ife.

Instead of covering your face in shame for being an illiterate, you went on cunningly asking for personal details about me.

Is your 5KB brain partly rotten or fully rotten, Mr illiterate?? cheesy

The only engagement I remember between Benin and Ekiti is when Benin engaged one small Ekiti settlement namely: Otun-Ekiti.

Benin Kingdom was so badly dealt with that almost all Benin's top military commanders lost their lives.

Guess what!? Your 2by2 kingdom unilaterally by itself initiated a peace pact with Otun-Ekiti after the devastating defeat. cheesy

After using copy and paste to pretend u are widely read and knowledgeable just one simple question exposed your true self which is, not well read, limited in knowledge and intellectually deficient lol.
Now you feel small because there’s nothing to copy and paste about Ife lol.

I just asked an Ijesa man if indeed Ife ruled his kingdom. He only replied “maybe in the past” but he is not sure.
2 Yorubas have denied Ife rule over them. Don’t worry after I have gone through a lot of Yoruba Kingdoms, we (u and me) will start our discussion of mythical ife greatness again.

1 Like

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 5:58pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

After using copy and paste to pretend u are widely read and knowledgeable just one simple question exposed your true self which is, not well read, limited in knowledge and intellectually deficient lol.
Now you feel small because there’s nothing to copy and paste about Ife lol.

I just asked an Ijesa man if indeed Ife ruled his kingdom. He only replied “maybe in the past” but he is not sure.
2 Yorubas have denied Ife rule over them. Don’t worry after I have gone through a lot of Yoruba Kingdoms, we (u and me) will start our discussion of mythical ife greatness again.

Copy and paste to pretend to be widely read??

You mean I should have made-up those quotations and references rather than use the same exact words?? shocked Wow! It's so funny engaging an illiterate. grin grin cheesy

Oh, you asked an Ijesa man also??

Hurray!!!! You finally cited your 2nd scholar.

I think your brain capacity must be somewhere between 0.1KB and 3KB ...

I overestimated your brain capacity earlier, I'm sorry.

Also, you seem to have gone mute about the devastating defeat your 2by2 kingdom suffered at the hands of Otun-Ekiti.

You also didn't say pim about the defeat of your Kingdom at the hands of Ibadan.

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:11pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Copy and paste to pretend to be widely read??

You mean I should have made-up those quotations and references rather than use the same exact words?? shocked Wow! It's so funny engaging an illiterate. grin grin cheesy

Oh, you asked an Ijesa man also??

Hurray!!!! You finally cited your 2nd scholar.

I think your brain capacity must be somewhere between 0.1KB and 3KB ...

I overestimated your brain capacity earlier, I'm sorry.

Also, you seem to have gone mute about the devastating defeat your 2by2 kingdom suffered at the hands of Otun-Ekiti.

You also didn't say pim about the defeat of your Kingdom at the hands of Ibadan.

Poor you... copy and paste master ( or mistress).
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 6:38pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Poor you... copy and paste master ( or mistress).

Poor you ... illiterate with nothing to cite from.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 7:09pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Poor you ... illiterate with nothing cite from.

Cite an article about whose history?? Mine?
I don’t need to cite anything regarding my history because my history is not a whisper or filled with riddles or confusion.
Also I have nothing to cite about Ife because there’s actually nothing about Ife. That’s why I’m asking Yorubas individuals and I asked 3 so far and all denied Ife. They proudly defended their kingdoms while denying Ife rule.

And I ask you again do u have anything or heard anything from elders in your own kingdom that recounts Ife rule over them??
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:22pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Cite an article about whose history?? Mine?
I don’t need to cite anything regarding my history because my history is not a whisper or filled with riddles or confusion.
Also I have nothing to cite about Ife because there’s actually nothing about Ife. That’s why I’m asking Yorubas individuals and I asked 3 so far and all denied Ife. They proudly defended their kingdoms while denying Ife rule.

And I ask you again do u have anything or heard anything from elders in your own kingdom that recounts Ife rule over them??

Since you've just admited being an illiterate with nothing to cite from, then you should stop making stuffs up.

No, your imaginary playmates (effect of your schizophrenia) denied Ife, not Yorubas. grin cheesy
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 7:28pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Since you've just admited being an illiterate with nothing to cite from, then you should stop making stuffs up.

No, your imaginary playmates (effect of your schizophrenia) denied Ife, not Yorubas. grin cheesy

Lol. Truth hurts
Okay since u refuse to understand my question even if it’s written in the simplest of English I will try again..

Have you ever heard in your own tiny Yoruba Kingdom folklore from YOUR ELDERS that Ife once subjugated and ruled your people?
I will increase the timeline from 12th to 15th centuries to anytime in history.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:33pm On May 08, 2020
davidnazee:

Lol. Truth hurts

Yes I know the truth hurts you. cheesy

But I have no plans to stop dishing it anytime soon. grin

1 Share

Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:49pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Yes I know the truth hurts you. cheesy

But I have no plans to stop dishing it anytime soon. grin
one woman Mopol. U are dangerous.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:50pm On May 08, 2020
Moneywomen17:
one woman Mopol. U are dangerous.

Hahahah ... dem be my pikin. cheesy grin
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Hahahah ... dem be my pikin. cheesy grin
lol u see wetin gregboy post regarding oyo. That boy is deluded. “Was oyo really an empire” lol
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 7:56pm On May 08, 2020
Moneywomen17:
lol u see wetin gregboy post regarding oyo. That boy is deluded. “Was oyo really an empire” lol

Delusions is actually not unique to gregyboy. It's a Bini thing.
Re: Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 8:02pm On May 08, 2020
TAO11:

Delusions is actually not unique to gregyboy. It's a Bini thing.
every historian know that oyo was an empire or does gregboy not know what empire means. Oyo was the strongest empire in its region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply)

Fire Guts Ooni Of Ife Palace Courtyard Burnt Down To Ashes(photos,Video) / Names Of God In Yoruba Language (with English Subtitles) / Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.