Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare (96396 Views)

How Jumoke Hospital Lagos ‘Mistakenly’ Employed 2 Jobless Men As Medical Doctors / COVID-19: Inside Gbagada General Hospital's Isolation Centre (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Comissions 118-Bed Isolation Center At Gbagada General Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by drololaaof: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2020
The medical staff's should be sanctioned for abdication their duty .soldiers will not behave like that . It is a shame and stupidity

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by samuel900(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2020
Who Nigeria help
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by CoronaVirusPros: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

You have malaria.

Where is it done.

Do you think boarders are just shut like that without consideration. Even as at December when it started in China, How many country had shut boarders.

Una Sha go won talk.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by CoronaVirusPros: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Nigerian Doctors grin

Any ailment that Antibiotics, Blood Tonic and Pain reliever can't subdue, is not for them.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by nijabazaar: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2020
bestdan50:
The WORLD and its Inhabitants should Bow to our Maker..

Sodom and Gomorrah did not do up to us, and they were Wiped out!

Those in Noah Generation did not do up to us and they were also Wiped out!

This Earth is Certainly going to be Wiped out!

Let us Make Peace with GOD ALMIGHTY, Ask for Mercy and Accept His only Begotten Son, JESUS CHRIST..

That's the only way we can be Saved!

A word they say is Enough for the Wise!

If you had lived during the influenza pandemic what would you have said?

Influenza of 1918 killed 50million peeps
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by yeyeosoronga: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2020
I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this point.
They should have taken them to IDH.
This isn't even funny at all.
Why are people importing this disease for God's sake?
People really need to stop travelling around the world.
Stop it already....

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by olaniyilukman(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww
I gbadun your response bro, Naija which way now... Health workers that suppose to summon brave are now the ones taking to their heels now... This is much oh...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Jelzin2412(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So their first and only response is to be shouting "God forbid, Coronavirus is not my portion, security come and send them away"? Even if you won't let them disembark, why not turn them back(refer them to the right place) in a sensible and professional manner? Not surprised at y'all responses, it's how you guys act in your various places of work...it's in the blood. This is Nigeria...bunch of unprofessional idiots.

Well said except when you referred them as Idiots...lol.

My disappointment is not that they couldn't manage the patient cos obviously they are ill equipped for it but their level of unprofessionalism and defective knowledge of COVID-19 was very shameful and abhorrent. How on earth could they have treated a sick person like that And before anyone quote me; I'm a healthcare personnel too and that's very unprofessional of them...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by elman7791(m): 11:06am On Mar 29, 2020
I would implore everyone to stop dis bias àgainst health workers. U only talk of work ethics in the face of covid-19 when u r working In an ideal environment. Hope u all know that we av Nigerians among health workers fighting against the epidemic in other sensible counties and they r doing so diligently. This is d same country where legislators just bought expensive cars. Let us be just with our criticism. I am open to sensible debates.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Angelfrost(m): 11:06am On Mar 29, 2020
nijabazaar:

Maybe one day if I see you on the road shoulder as an accident victim. I (representing any other random Nigerian) would simply run away from the scene because I don't want the wahala that comes with Police questioning or the hospital that I would have taken you to demanding that I offset your bill before treatment. Ha such is Self preservation.

Poor analogy... Try again sir. grin

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Yankee101: 11:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Who let them into the country?
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwwww

Maybe you should start by closing your mouth , who told you coronavirus discriminate professionals or exempt health workers in advance countries with all apparatus available health workers still die in high numbers , so you now want Nigeria doctors and nurses that the government failed to provide ordinary N91 noise mask should wait.

Is like fighting bokoharam with hunters gun
It's sucideder

Should they wait or will you wait when the government has failed already

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ivolt: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2020
neutralmind:
This is what you get when you pay 5k as hazard allowance.

atiku4President:

How much is their life insurance, if any? Let the Senators that collect Hazard allowance go and attend to them.

Even if they pay them millions, their behavior will be exactly the same.
In fact, if they paid them million, most of those workers will resign to save their heads.

Cuba doctors are paid the equivalent of 5000 Naira per month and they still volunteer to go to Italy to fight infection.

Lack of work ethic and unprofessionalism is a universal phenomenon in Nigeria from the president to a truck pusher.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:09am On Mar 29, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So their first and only response is to be shouting "God forbid, Coronavirus is not my portion, security come and send them away"? Even if you won't let them disembark, why not turn them back(refer them to the right place) in a sensible and professional manner? Not surprised at y'all responses, it's how you guys act in your various places of work...it's in the blood. This is Nigeria...bunch of unprofessional idiots.

This judgemental halfway, where you there to witness what they shouted? Don't you know how journalism, just like every other thing in Nigeria, is messed up? Do you think a journalist was there by that time of the night? For your information, people colour their stories/write ups to make them more appealing to readers.

It's good you know this is Nigeria, where you all live like animals, and simple instruction s can easily be misinterpreted, ignored or twisted into millions of versions.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ivolt: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2020
Onebottle:

Make them take malaria drug fight coro?
Dumb Trump says malaria drug works for Corona and many Nigerians
rushed to buy them.
So using malaria drugs should not be a problem.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
[s]That hospital should be called out and closed up with immediate effect. My mom was right when she told me last night that she fears doctors and nurses fleeing when the numbers increases in Nigeria because Nigerians lack good working attitude.
Imagine ‘This is Coronavirus! Coronavirus is not my portion!’ Whose portion is it Mtchewwwww[/s]w

Had to do that
Research more darling, and realise why people whose every day duty is saving lives or at least trying to would flee from patients
And don’t just post for the sake of posting
Also, leave your poor mom out of your nonsense
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Favaman(m): 11:10am On Mar 29, 2020
We have a long way to go in this country
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Trizyd(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

What oath sir?! How well are your elected leaders abiding by their sworn oaths of office??!...

Sowore called for a revolution, and most of you mocked him... Now, in the midst of ineptitude, you are asking hapless, unequipped and exposed health workers to abide by some bloody oath... Go have a word with yourself!!!
Well you don't know me actually. I admire doctors and nurses a lot, my mother is one, but from your statement, I guess you saying is good to follow our leaders in not honoring our word. Point noted. wink
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Yakenn(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2020
Onebottle:

Go and close the hospital na
Which equipment have you given gdh
Didnt you hear them saying here is not IDH
I taya
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by WonderManly(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2020
ashawopikin:
who wan die?
Nobody ooo...

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by baratech: 11:11am On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
[s]Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished[/s].

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by AreaFada2: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Onebottle:

Go and close the hospital na
Which equipment have you given gdh
Didnt you hear them saying here is not IDH
Surprisingly, chloroquine is what Trump said mat be the best Covid drug for now. Dr Zelenko or what's his name also said so from his treatments.

You meant to be dismissive but unknowingly but correctly mentioned malaria drug. Of which chloroquine is a major one. grin
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Masterpiece676:
Egun is careful this time around. I can't blame the doctors and nurse for running, but that still doesn't go hand in hand with the ethic of the job and even I would advise they should be sacked..... But on a serious note, there's no point attending to someone with covid 19 when you don't have the necessary equipment.

You have said nothing basically
Jeez
Double mouthing everywhere
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by blowjohn(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2020
I will flee and if them force me to work I will resign.
For what?
No safety kits, nothing.
What nonsense!
See ehn.
Some of u people on this forum need to be given work of attending to covid 19 victims without protective kits so that una eye go clear.
What nonsense.
51 doctors died in Italy even with all the safety kits as at yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by GermanMelania: 11:16am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

It is not a naija thing. You cant just go to your personal doctor or the wrong hospital in other countries either. You have to go to where testing is available and thry have protection. What good is it if these workers perish? You sef go volunteer na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by toluene1234: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2020
You won't understand. I have a sister who works as a nurse at Lagos island government hospital. She told me categorically that hospitals are not providing PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) for health workers. Who is now ready to risk his or her life?
I don't blame them for taking to their heels.
Nigeria is sincerely not ready for Covid-19.
Olodo24:
Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by KingMD: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2020
Nobody should blame them, how much is their salaries and how regular is their salaries.. who want die.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by mrwonlasewonie: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
Are they not health workers? They're supposed to be brave. If every other health workers act like them, we are finished.
lol
So health workers no be human beings ABI them no get family for house? grin

Who wan die because of a country that will not appreciate health workers efforts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by backnbeta(f): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2020
Olodo24:
Health workers without PPE, you want to kill them?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by WonderManly(m): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2020
yom2:
. A whole general hospital should have a more civilized response

Na soo.
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by nsiba: 11:19am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Madam corona virus vaccine dont provide d necessary tools 4dem u hear
Becos nurses r not human being abi
Re: Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare by ecstasy357(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

Calm down.... Corona virus is highly contagious. In a hospital, there are lots of sick people whose immune system are very weak. Corona virus is not deadly except when it affects someone with an underlying condition.

If the hospital is not EQUIPPED to handle special cases like Corona virus then there's nothing they could do but refer them to the appropriate medical centre.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Rivers State Border Closure In Pictures / Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo) / 18 Health Benefits Of Wonderful Kola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.