Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26458 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

lol. just a worker  

Any senior engineer with over 11 years experience from the UK or USA , having worked with major blue chip companies on up to $1b customer contracts, must be mad to accept less than 2m without house and car allowance.

you act like people owe you some money, it is theirs to give. if you cant accept it you simply dont. why not remain in london if you are concerned about the worth of your curriculum vitae ?. the fact remains that if you are not in charge of controlling the actions of men to achieve a common goal, then you are simply a worker. its the truth.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

you act like people owe you some money, it is theirs to give. if you cant accept it you simply dont. why not remain in london if you are concerned about the worth of your curriculum vitae ?

So , how much would you suggest that such a person as described in my earlier post should earn, without taking into consideration car and housing. undecided

Tell me
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
oyb:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

abegi patriot ke, cameron is making things hot for foreigners. don't give us any bull about patriotism. just say long throat  cheesy cheesy cheesy

2m per month - oil co workers and BIG ogas

mind you , outside of oil co's most other companies that pay that kind of money take their pound of flesh.

I love my country,  cry

grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

So , how much would you suggest that such a person as described in my earlier post should earn, without taking into consideration car and housing.  undecided

Tell me   
at most 10 million naira a year. and thats a generous estimate. i spoke to my mum yesterday and she told me that their is massive lay-offs especially at the banking sector. so things aint as rosy as you seem to think it is.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

at most 10 million naira a year. and thats a generous estimate. i spoke to my mum yesterday and she told me that their is massive lay-offs especially at the banking sector. so things aint as rosy as you seem to think it is.

A big Joke cheesy
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

A big Joke cheesy
its like everything else in this world, those who got in early are the lucky ones. just like during the IT boom in england in the late nineties to mid 2000s. you could ask for as much as 60 pounds an hour and get it. those who got in early got paid. now the market is saturated.

same thing in nigeria. the foreign graduates who got in early got paid. now every nigerian and his mother with a foreign degree have all flocked to nigeria. the market is saturated bruh. the price has dropped.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by denzel2009: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
If you are really that skilled, I dont see the reason for you to move to naija. You could be be contracting forever on ridiculous daily rates in UK.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by rebranded(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Thanks for the advice.

As I will be coming on my own, if any trouble ensues after the elections, I will make a dash for the nearest British Embassy grin grin grin grin grin

Companies that advertise through KPMG, Careers in Africa etc , do they pay Well ? If yes, in what region are we talking about.

Yea, most of their focus is top management they pay well. .

oh by the way google needs a country manager for Nigeria, you can give it a shot also
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olaolabiy: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
It is possible o. Oluomo earns more than that. Tokyo earns more too. You will be called 'chairman'.  grin

And, Adedibu never worked in his life. He was a multi-millionaire.

Na Naija we dey talk nau. cheesy cheesy
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
its a depressed economy in naija o

plenty layoffs, salary slashing etc.

the meltdown is also biting over here

the grass is brown everywhere
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
some of the big boys and girls at etisalat http://www.etisalat.com.ng/photo_gallery1.php
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
oyb:

its a depressed economy in naija o

plenty layoffs, salary slashing etc.

the meltdown is also biting over here

the grass is brown everywhere

Brown ke
He is not coming to eat the grass

I think the OP is looking for work as a professional, not as a gardener
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by blacksta(m): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
At poster - I would tread carefully

A Friend of my mine recently got a job in Nigeria as an Executive director for Starcomms and  his salary was 21 Millon Naira and was also given a 3br flat in Lekki and an official car the guy is back in the U.K after about 5 months in Nigeria.  Working in Nigeria is different ball game  - Your integrity will surely be tested and your fellow workers  will always ask you to compromise  in all matter.  for example My friend was expected to be part of team who rigged Annual general meeting shareholder votes and at some point their office was raided by EFCC

If you are spiritual type and dont want to go to hell  - ol boy stick your contracting in the U.K at least your invoices get paid on time.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by redsun(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ poster,if u think naija problem lie only in d north,then u must ve another think coming ur way.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

At poster - I would tread carefully

A Friend of my mine recently got a job in Nigeria as an Executive director for Starcomms and  his salary was 21 Millon Naira and was also given a 3br flat in Lekki and an official car the guy is back in the U.K after about 5 months in Nigeria.  Working in Nigeria is different ball game  - Your integrity will surely be tested and your fellow workers  will always ask you to compromise  in all matter.  for example My friend was expected to be part of team who rigged Annual general meeting shareholder votes and at some point their office was raided by EFCC

If you are spiritual type and dont want to go to hell  - ol boy stick your contracting in the U.K at least your invoices get paid on time.

Hmm, I think this might be a problem for me, as i cannot under any circumstance compromise my integrity either with the company I work for or the police.

This is food for thought.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
Naija is inn d league of pakistan right nowNmore sophisted than somalia and i don't think it will go away so easily
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

- Your integrity will surely be tested and your fellow workers  will always ask you to compromise  in all matter.  for example My friend was expected to be part of team who rigged Annual general meeting shareholder votes and at some point their office was raided by EFCC

Thats what I get lectured on by friends working down in Nigeria. I got served a mouthful just some weeks ago when I asked a friend of mine to use his connections to get us some contracts. lol
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DisGuy: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2010
The greedy are never satisfied

I like this guys signature sef! grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

some of the big boys and girls at etisalat http://www.etisalat.com.ng/photo_gallery1.php

Those pictures don't do the figures you quoted any good oo. None of those in the pictures looks like they are worth close to $100,000 a year, let alone $300 000 a year. ROFLMAO!!!

I am not saying is all!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by oderemo(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
i dey lauf ooooh.
what did u guys think happ. to the GREAT banking shares and stocks?
if you think  only pastor erasmus of int. cont. bk  is corrupt in 9ja., well rethink that.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by blacksta(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hmm, I think this might be a problem for me, as i cannot under any circumstance compromise my integrity either with the company I work for or the police.

This is food for thought.

Unfortunately my dear NLder you can not work or Last in Nigeria   The typical Nja worker is corrupt to core.-  The other alternative will be start your business at least you will be lord and almighty of your business without compromising your integrity.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Those pictures don't do the figures you quoted any good oo. None of those in the pictures looks like they are worth close to $100,000 a year, let alone $300 000 a year. ROFLMAO!!!

I am not saying is all!!
well in nigeria you have to factor in the sun. but do you really want to know how they are the upper echelon and cream of the crop in nigeria ? do you see all the stars amongst them ? all the celebrities ? even 9ice doesnt look too good in those pics. if your company launches a product and all nigerian celebrities fall in to join the celebration, thats like a fortune 500 company in nigeria. those people you see their are on 40 to 50 million naira per annum. maybe the white ones are on even more. maybe 100 million naira per annum. you know how arabs like to give money to white people because of some kinda complex.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

well in nigeria you have to factor in the sun. but do you really want to know how they are the upper echelon and cream of the crop in nigeria ? do you see all the stars amongst them ? all the celebrities ? even 9ice doesnt look too good in those pics. if your company launches a product and all nigerian celebrities fall in to join the celebration, thats like a fortune 500 company in nigeria. those people you see their are on 40 to 50 million naira per annum. maybe the white ones are on even more. maybe 100 million naira per annum. you know how arabs like to give money to white people because of some kinda complex.

I don't do star worship -- I compare what I am told with what I see. What stars? The Nigerian beauty queen in the picture? The other one dressed like a busboy? The ladies in the black scarves, dressed like Deeper life women, looking more like they couldn't find anything else to wear? The big lady in the flashy green getup? The man wearing the horrible hat to the formal? No, I mean the DIRECTORS who are supposed to be worth a lot more than they even look. And do not blame the sun. I know people in the same Nigeria who do not make $30,000 a month but when they show up for events, you know they at least make enough to dress well for it. None of the "directors" looks to be worth even $30,000 a year.

40 to 50 million (~ $ 300,000 a year)? Na wa oo!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by redsun(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
Meanwhile with d level of ur education and experience,u should be thinking of creating jobs not searching in a virgin land
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't do star worship -- I compare what I am told with what I see. What stars? The Nigerian beauty queen in the picture? The other one dressed like a busboy? The ladies in the black scarves, dressed like Deeper life women, looking more like they couldn't find anything else to wear? The big lady in the flashy green getup? The man wearing the horrible hat to the formal? No, I mean the DIRECTORS who are supposed to be worth a lot more than they even look. And do not blame the sun. I know people in the same Nigeria who do not make $30,000 a month but when they show up for events, you know they at least make enough to dress well for it. None of the "directors" looks to be worth even $30,000 a year.
thats because you do not know the value of suits when you see them. most of those guys are wearing custom made saville row suits. thats at least 1000 pounds. you have to look at the subtle things. not the faces. look at the accessories.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by redsun(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
One thing u guys must realize is that going back to naija is a sacrifice that d future generation might benefit from.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

Unfortunately my dear NLder you can not work or Last in Nigeria   The typical Nja worker is corrupt to core.-  The other alternative will be start your business at least you will be lord and almighty of your business without compromising your integrity.

But really, what does working a 9 - 5 job have to do with corruption ?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

thats because you do not know the value of suits when you see them. most of those guys are wearing custom made saville row suits. thats at least 1000 pounds. you have to look at the subtle things. not the faces. look at the accessories.

Yes, that would be the only way for you to explain away this one -- claim I do not know the value of shirts at all. Please do not assume all those you meet online are mugus! Accessories now? ROFLMAO!!!

Again, the pictures do not do not help the figures you have been throwing on this at all. Even the companies website caused me to initially question the existence of such a company to begin with . . .  Again, I am just saying, the info is not helping at all.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
redsun:

Meanwhile with d level of your education and experience,u should be thinking of creating jobs not searching in a virgin land

Since you are a military man, I might as well employ you as my personal body guard,  grin grin grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Onlytruth(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

redsun:

[b]Meanwhile with d level of your education and experience,u should be thinking of creating jobs [/b]not searching in a virgin land

Was thinking exactly the same things. undecided  Why do Nigerians with all the experience and training not create jobs for other Nigerians and carve a niche for themselves in the process?  

Are we that afraid of entrepreneurship?  

Who will create the jobs that folks with all the degrees will return to?

Just wondering. .  undecided undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
buzugee:

I am not going to Nigeria to start wearing expensive clothes, speak big grammar or even attend multiple big parties. angry

I am going to do a job, a professional one at that, get paid and take care of my family. cheesy

One major trait that puts me off Nigerian elite is the show off , big manism attitude, the pomposity and arrogance. angry

We British come from humble backgrounds  undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, that would be the only way for you to explain away this one -- claim I do not know the value of shirts at all. Please do not assume all those you meet online are mugus! Accessories now? ROFLMAO!!!

Again, the pictures do not do not help the figures you have been throwing on this at all. Even the companies website caused me to initially question the existence of such a company to begin with . . .  Again, I am just saying, the info is not helping at all.
a company that reports billions of dollars in profit is a company you are trying to judge just from looking at their website ? now i can see how you judge people just by looking at them. here have a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Telecommunications_Corporation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Alex Badeh Killing: Police Arrest Five Suspects / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Milan For ECAM Council Meeting (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.