Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26455 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Jan 10, 2011
zebudaya:

What do they do to make the proverbial buck load of dough in 3-6 months and how do they do it?

Offering services of various kinds . . . IT, finance/Accounting, Project management, Training etc
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Offering services of various kinds . . . IT, finance/Accounting, Project management, Training etc
Hmmm.
That's interesting. that finance and accounting consultancy can pay such big bucks when they have competiton from the big 4 accounting firms based in Nigeria
As for IT that is possible for a one off installation contract. Not a job for one person though
Project management: depends on what exactly the project is.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by zebudaya(m): 1:43am On Jan 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Like you always say. I want specifics/evidence. Give me a name of an Individual/company/principal I can Google.

Kobojunkie:

, If you bothered to read what I actually posted, you would get that it is simply to give me an idea of what moving down there fulltime would be like.

Also, that people live abroad does not mean they do not visit or are not more in touch with Nigerian reality than you are.

If you visit regularly why would you rely on a complete stranger on a message board to give you an idea of what moving to Nigeria full time would be like?

Take it from someone who straddles both continents effortlessly. They are parallel universes. They are NOT the same. If you are not here/do not come in regularly then you are out touch. End of story.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Jan 10, 2011
zebudaya:

Like you always say. I want specifics/evidence. Give me a name of an Individual/company/principal I can Google.

NOPE . . . I owe you nothing! You already concluded earlier that it is impossible so why would I bother? If you like believe what I gave you there, and if you don't, no hair off my back!

zebudaya:
If you visit regularly why would you rely on a complete stranger on a message board to give you an idea of what moving to Nigeria full time would be like?

Take it from someone who straddles both continents effortlessly. They are parallel universes. They are NOT the same. If you are not here/do not come in regularly then you are out touch. End of story.

I rely on a complete Stranger? You didn't even read anything of what I typed on here did you? WOW!!! You are a very obtuse being there. . .

First you didn't even bother reading my particular post on spending 3 to 6 months at a time, but felt you ABSOLUTELY had to give someone you don't know useless and uninformed advice. Now, you CONCLUDE I am depending on complete strangers . . . are you on coke or something? Am I the one who started this thread? And what is so wrong in a getting a different point of view?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by zebudaya(m): 1:52am On Jan 10, 2011
lol Insults when you have nothing else to say. My point exactly. I rest my case grin.

Read this,

tensor777:

Hmmm.
That's interesting. that finance and accounting consultancy can pay such big bucks when they have competiton from the big 4 accounting firms based in Nigeria
As for IT that is possible for a one off installation contract. Not a job for one person though
Project management: depends on what exactly the project is.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 10, 2011
zebudaya:

Good comment. That list was much too vague.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lond07: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2011
hi notcorrupt,

The response to ur tread, was very impressive

I wish we could discuss offline
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by dremoney(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
axeman85: For those slandering the uk and 9ja its all because majority have nothing to go back home and show for their years of studying or staying abroad. moving back to naija doesnt necessarily mean you must have your own house or your own car or have a fat pocket . at all. home is where you find yourself and you make it worthwhile. as the poster said he has achieved alot in the uk and wants to go home which is not a bad idea.

Security: alot of people are complaining security bla bla bla. is it not this same 9ja that majority of us were given birth to, just because some have opportunity to travel aborad and in the process got their papers doesnt mean they have to start complaining about security. you might be living in a high walled, security fenced, barbed wire, electric fence, bulldog . ak47 house in lagos or 9ja and still get robbed or killed or on the road and also same applies to uk and everywhere else in the world. you can be walking back from work and get stabbed to death in peckham or woolwhich even rich footballers with all the security in the houses still get burgled.

Water: well mostly you have your own borehole runing in your compound either you are renting or own your own home, even back in the days thats how it has always been.

light: am sure while majority of us were growing up, am sure the nepa issue has been the same, with up nepa and down nepa . people have always been relying on generator but now there is torchlight and the cd light popular called oju ti nepa. lol.

In regards to salary the poster might be lucky to get that a month if he has got his msc, phd, amongst other qualification he has. BUT lest not forget the labour market in 9ja is very competitive. an example is that i got a job info with Diamond bank. and when i called the recruiting manager he blantantly told me am only suitable for office job and i was shocked i asked him why, he said the position they have is for marketers and i said well i can also do marketing afterall i have done so in the past. suprisingly he told me outrightly that NO i cant do the job simply because am coming from the uk.

another example is an interview i had with BAT just for the management traineee. at the interview the interviewer told me blantantly that why am i willing to settle for a low paid job i think the pays was like 2 or 3.5m per annum minue benefits, i said am not afraid to start from somewhere. anyway i didnt get the job and when i called my friend that works there to find out the reason why for me. the reason they gave was that apart from my experience they dont think i will be able to accept the pay as i might leave if i get a better offer. undecided

same also i have a friend who got a job with fidelity bank a salary of 7.5m per annum, another one with an oil firm and na container the company take help carry him load go 9ja for am,

equally do i have a friend with skye bank apart from bsc for 9ja no foreign education just security work got a job with 3.5m per annum.

so it all depends on the posters bargaining power. 2m is possible depending on your area of expertise.

Hey thanks for d info. Talking bout Fidelity,do you pls have an idea of what level he got in with and if he has had some banking experience cuz i heard fidelity's pay is not so good. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak: Jonathan Celebrates With Muslims, Some Nigerians React(screenshots) / Buhari: More People Killed In Zamfara Than Benue, Taraba Put Together / DSS Spent N164.5m Feeding El-zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.