Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? (48466 Views)

Check Nigeria Company Details Online / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by FASASI1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
seankafor:
only your bank details can not expose you to such troubles you mentioned above.

Why will someone wire stolen money to unknown account?
It's only when you reveal sensitive infos like bvn,and credit card details you will be exposed to such troubles
Help me tell them oh
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:
Your bank account is like your personal identity.

Posting bank accounts online is dangerous.

You could be used as a money mule.

Your account stolen and used for financial identity theft.

Your name stolen and used for fraud.

Fraudsters can use your banking info to send stolen or scammed money into it, if your account is flagged, it will be freezed.

It can be used to sponsor terrorism activities, that one na big trouble you don enter.

Money laundering ko,

all this things you listed above won't happen without the approval of the account owner

So it's irrelevant
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by maestroferddi: 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicefrost:

In most cases, the 'victim' had a part to play. If money is withdrawn from your account, using your password, you have absolutely no claim. For instance, the popular quick teller fraud in Nigeria, the victims usually give out their otp! . I have heard lots of fraud complaint, there is usually a reccuring theme: the victims gave away vital info. (Account number is not vital info)
Money can not leave your account, unless you give out your password or card details.
You are looking at it from a narrow perspective.

The point being made is that in this present time when hackers and men of sleaze are on rampage, you are better off safeguarding your details even account numbers.

Discretion they say, is the better part of valour.

Don't flaunt your wealth indiscriminately because they are people gifted in a twisted way to find a way to make you pay a price...
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stellly02:
Who can help me a picture of that chilled bottle of stout make I give this man

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
because you gave them your bvn and atm no.. Simple!!.. Who dropped bvn and atm no here?
because you gave them your ATM details not your bvn

You bvn cant be used to withdraw your money
It's just like an ID that stores all your details for easy access
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by eterisan(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
DREAMZZZ:
give me ur email and date of birth linked to ur account make I clear ur doubt
This is crap... If so why have you not stolen all the money in your family members and friends accounts given that you will most likely have their email and date of birth.... Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

oga they just need your bvn number nothing more

your bvn cant be used to withdraw your money

It only holds your information like names, address, bio metric etc

Be enlightened
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
As long as you didn't expose ur bvn or ATM card details, you're as safe as whatever.

U can't be a money mule unless you're an accomplice!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
michealdeco:
because you gave them your ATM details not your bvn

You bvn cant be used to withdraw your money
It's just like an ID that stores all your details for easy access
you are doing well
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Yes but dark world hackers might still deal with u with just that Information alone If they wants to. Pray u don't have anything to do with them...
they can't

No matter how dark web they are

Do you know how many Bit security protects a bank?

Lol some comments here de make me laugh
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by bigtt76(f): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
Of course the account owner will be contacted and the account owner won't be able to refuse an offer made knowing that s/he is broke or greedy enough to post the account number on the social media platforms. They can also claim a giveaway to someone else but mistakenly typed your account number and transferred before realizing it.

babyfaceafrica:

You need more research on how fraud and waya waya are done... All these accounts thrown here are safe!!!!!!... Unless the accounts owner is involved!!!!!.. No fraudster will just pick up an account here and transfer them stolen funds there without first involving you.. Jeez!!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

No. A scammer puts money into an acc on a faceless forum then sends the holder a pm and manages to convince him that instead of sending 10k he sent 10m he should withdraw all and pack in a briefcase and meet up anywhere in Nigeria. This is possible to be frank. It is also as possible as throwing a brief case of money out of the plane into the Atlantic then go to bar beach and wait for it. That's my point.

What is your proof? Pls do not come here and mislead people. You should talk with facts to back up your claims...lastly People ain't that dumb as to follow d scammer's command,such as u stated above....What you have written so far is from a figment of your imagination.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

leave them alone, it just takes a fraudster to do his own loan app and wipe people money away.
a loan app has to pass many approval before it becomes eligible for people to access
So it's practically impossible for a fraudster to develop one

Cus whenever he executes the fraud he will be arrested cus all his details are with CBN and other financial approval institutes
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by ejanla077: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

See this one, it happens wella.

Isnt it the method yahoo boys and terrorists are using to move money around.

Your write your account online through your moniker, the op contacts you privately and propose a deal, before you know it, you have become a mule moving money from account to account
i dey find who go use my account sef.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by sexylassie2(f): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
michealdeco:
a loan app has to pass many approval before it becomes eligible for people to access
So it's practically impossible for a fraudster to develop one

Cus whenever he executes the fraud he will be arrested cus all his details are with CBN and other financial approval institutes

Enough of your grammar. Continue your textbook version

You don't know what is happening in real life, you don't know know the power of a blackhat programmer.

Or are you trying to tell me no fake loan apps.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by DropsMic(m): 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Is of the truth that most Nigerian youths are dumb. How can someone say he's giving away 10bil to nairalanders and you rushed in to drop your details.?

Next time before you post something try to comprehend the subject... You sound like a slowpoke here
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by sexylassie2(f): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
michealdeco:
they can't

No matter how dark web they are

Do you know how many Bit security protects a bank?

Lol some comments here de make me laugh

Bit wetin, so how come people's credit cards info are sold on the darkweb.

Pls do not over rate bank security,hackers hack into them daily.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Taeewo(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Ehn Iffa hear...... Fair money loan will debit your account with just your BVN & ATM Card No, without your ATM Card PIN. No thanks to those Idiot Criminal PAYSTACK, They are the one helping those Loan guys to Penetrate Into someone's Account. Kwikcash are the only one I know who doesn't do this shiit.
seems you don't understand how it works,you already activated you debit card on first transaction on fair money platform ,they are debiting through ur card details and not ur account details..
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
Taeewo:
seems you don't understand how it works,you already activated you debit card on first transaction on fair money platform ,they are debiting through ur card details and not ur account details..

There Is nothing I don't understand. I was only trying to air my view, share my experience and educate people okay. I'm a certified computer analyst trainee....
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Muzikluva(m): 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
The truth is, it's plain silly for people to be dropping their account numbers online without caution. It can be used if such scammer has an insider in the bank. They get your personal details including your bvn from the bank and that's all they need to perpetrate whatever crime they choose to. They could indirectly reach otu to you to get more info or work remwith the account if you ignorantly fall prey. Some could even do a sim swap(for a sim that isn't passworded so to say) for the sim card connected to the account and they get full control of it.
But then it doesn't make sense for a scammer to go through all that trouble for someone begging for money online. Scam is evil, online begging is bad. Greediness is the mother of them all.
By the way, those referred to as money mules are also called pickers. They are accomplices.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Rhaspody(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
your account number and account name cannot be used to harm you.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by GreatResearcher: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
DropsMic:

Next time before you post something try to comprehend the subject... You sound like a slowpoke here
Hungry cows like u would rush to post even ur ATM pin if someone here says y'all should post ur pins that he's giving away 100 billion. lazy jobless cow
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by doggedfighter(f): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
kaysy:

For you to agree to this in the first place means u dnt have sense at all at all and does not deserve to live among humans to avoid transfer of senselessness.

All these stories u guys are putting up are mere fictions, babyfaceafrica has said all that needs to be said but some persons are just here arguing what they dnt know about, what is so big in accepting to learn when u dnt know.
Aren't you attacking the wrong guy? He agrees and supports Babyfaceafrica. Check again.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Ochuksbaba(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Exodora:

What if the money is blood money taking it when you shouldn't have will amount to you vomit more money for them.

Now hit ur chest 3 times and say loudly "Nollywood wee not mislead me again " 3times

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by michealdeco: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

Enough of your grammar. Continue your textbook version

You don't know what is happening in real life, you don't know know the power of a blackhat programmer.

Or are you trying to tell me no fake loan apps.
so what do you know that is happening in real life?
You're just ignorant

You need more knowledge
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by doggedfighter(f): 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
DropsMic:

He is an irredeemable slowpoke. Calling someone dumb when he lacks simple comprehension ability.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by FuckAllTheMODs: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
Powersurge:

I am amazed that over 50 people liked your comments. I have one account with Bank PHB then. B4 it metamorphosed into it's new names.

I had changed my mobile number. Hence I did not receive alert on that account. because I did not use it for anything. It remained dormant for years.

However, I receive notification via my old email. One day, I was receiving notifications in successions. Monies were moved in and out of my account in successions. I received about 10-20 notifications within about 5 minutes. I did not bother. And I did not go to the bank to complain. because the account was not useful to me.

Your case is different in the sense that an insider aided the transfer. The argument here is assuming no third party inform of your bank staff is involved, posting your account number or name can't lead to scam on your account except you're are consciously or unconsciously involved, simple!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Ochuksbaba(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
FutureFocus:
like someone said, people who post their account number online are hungry people who are desperate to survive , but I do not think only account number is sufficient for the fraudster to move money into your account and then move it out without your consent , after all churches, mosques, NGOs and Co. do make their account details public .

however, I will say it's unwise to do so, because in a place like Mexico, cartel can move money to your account having monitored you very well, then kidnap you in attempt to get their money back.

also a criminal gang can send money to such accounts just to distract investigators when they are closing in on them , even with no intention of getting it back, its called shaking off tail.

Shake off one's tail comes from detective slang: to tail someone is to follow him (usually surreptitiously); the tail is the person who follows. To shake off the tail is to evade the follower.

but this time the criminal just want to use you to create confusion for investigators, just like armed robbers mentioning innocent people as their gang members , trust me in a place like Nigeria, it's not certain you'd be seeing your family in a long time by mere mentioned of your name in such case talkless of when money is sent to your bank account.

we need to be careful.

I will go with these submissions of yours bro,, thanks
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by doggedfighter(f): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Exodora:

What if the money is blood money taking it when you shouldn't have will amount to you vomit more money for them.
Are we discussing Nollywood here?
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by omurphy23456: 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sincerely speaking sending your account details alone is harmless, that is if you don't loose guard along the Line or if greed does not play on your intelligence. It is totally impossible without your further cooperation. where the trick come in is when they say we mistakenly sent 1m insted of 100k ,pls kindly send me back 900k bla bla bla , just tell them you will approach your bank and send it back to the account where it came from, just stick to that. Shikina!!!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by zotorux(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Well from what I’ve gathered on this thread....
Anybody can be involved in money mule with our without dropping account number here
A fraudster can just randomly hit you up and you’ll become an accomplice.
Dropping your accounts here anyhow just makes you look desperate and a victim but it’s safe.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Satan66(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
I have seen alot of dumb people on NL but sexylassie2 has to be the dumbest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 / Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral / CBN Headquarters In Abuja Currently On Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.