Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? (48417 Views)

Check Nigeria Company Details Online / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Satan66:
I have seen alot of dumb people on NL but sexylassie2 has to be the dumbest.
I cannot agree less
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by don89(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
It not possible, account numbers can easily be gotten by typing few numbers that relates to any bank using mobile app or mobile transfer..
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by don89(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Its not possible, account numbers can easily be gotten by typing few numbers that relates to any bank using mobile app or mobile transfer..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by ashybabs(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

Now hit ur chest 3 times and say loudly "Nollywood wee not mislead me again " 3times

Bros no ki me wit laff
lwkmd
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Chidonc(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

I doubt if these persons talking trash here understand how money laundering works. Like someone picks an acc in a faceless forum and throw in proceeds of fraud hoping to get same back. Like seriously?
Sir, please don't burn your data replying most of them, they don't really understand how banking fraud works
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Midex88(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
don4real:

So with only the account number, he can get the person's phone number to contact abi?

Why are you so daft. Is it not possible to private chat the person
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Exodora: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

What kind of a reasoning is this? Stay away from nollywood they're messing with ur head.
Ok ooooo
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Exodora: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
doggedfighter:

Are we discussing Nollywood here?
Ok ooo
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Exodora: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

Now hit ur chest 3 times and say loudly "Nollywood wee not mislead me again " 3times
Some guys and stubborness chaaaaa
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by kaysy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
doggedfighter:

Aren't you attacking the wrong guy? He agrees and supports Babyfaceafrica. Check again.

Sorry I wasn't attacking him, I was only referring to whoever that allows such schemes to scale through them.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stufid people full this forum sha!

Dropping your account number only any where om the net can not and never put u intro trouble...

It just same as someone asking you to drop your account for a business transactions... Money mules works when the smurfer (the sender) and the mule both consent to the transaction thereby getting paid for a job well done. A percentage is given to the mule (it's just a small part of money laundering) just like a local lazy way to launder money... I hate argument in this Google era... Seek knowledge you unlearned. That's one of the reason for this self isolating not just sit home, eat, watch films and fvcck.

Learn learn learn.. Ode people

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by tunize(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
Oga o.p sey wat u know.
Dem nor dey carry wire money inside person Aza without the person knowledge based on agreement. If u have said releasing of bvn or card number is dangerous that is a different case.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

even though it is not part of the topic, thanks for saying this

all those loan apps have access to people personal details, phone contacts and bank accounts

Yes through your bvn alone... In the US... with your ssn and full name..someone could kill you in a minute(directly or indirectly) same as bvn... All your datas came with it including your fingerprint. Be smart Miss
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Chidonc(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
freeman500:
The only thing you can tell me is if somone wants to wicked u, the person will pay some money into ur account and then set EFCC on u, like they wanted to do peace mass transit when they put i think 2billion into his account..... the man sharply returned the money as a sharp man that he is grin
Even this form of wickedness will only work on a greedy man. Once you receive sums of money you don't know the source and go to your bank to revert back the money to the initial destination they can't arrest you.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

as you see me like this head dey pain me

my own is people have fall victims of frauds, collecting money on behalf of fraudsters who promised them a cut for sending the money to various account

Chaii na same thing he dey tell u.. Accomplice is an English word. Search the meaning. I hate dumb people bro.

He told u already, something u consent to or agree to do is accomplice nd can put u to problems.. Mere dropping your account number and name for a transaction can't put u into to problem except you agree with the fraudster in moving or laundering the money. Stop dragging the guy back and forth. Even my old uneducated mama knows about how fraudsters work and she do whine dem a lots when they mistakenly call her.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Observer1: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:
Your bank account is like your personal identity.

Posting bank accounts online is dangerous.

You could be used as a money mule.

Your account stolen and used for financial identity theft.

Your name stolen and used for fraud.

Fraudsters can use your banking info to send stolen or scammed money into it, if your account is flagged, it will be freezed.

It can be used to sponsor terrorism activities, that one na big trouble you don enter.

Money laundering ko,

In as much as I agreed that you should not post your bank details online,you can't be a money mule without your consent,if not how will they get their money back?

I know there has been few cases where large amounts of money has been deposited on people's account and sometimes later the account owner received a phone a call from unknown number telling them about the money which they mistakenly lodged in and requesting it back,but I always ask how did they get the phone number to Make the call.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by cnonyechi(f): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Your bank account is like your personal identity.
Posting bank accounts online is dangerous.
You could be used as a money mule.
Your account stolen and used for financial identity theft.

This is your assertion

Just give it up you have lost this argument, check your no likes and that of baby-face you will see you lost greatly. We don't believe wat u r saying

I then ask how can your account be stolen and used for financial theft without your knowledge?.. You think financial theft is moin-moin.. Person will see your account and transfer money there?.. Hahahaha ha.. Go to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and see enough account numbers.. This ones on nairaland is small

Just give it up you have lost this argument, check your no likes and that of baby-face you will see you lost greatly. We don't believe wat u r saying
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by cnonyechi(f): 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Observer1:

In as much as I agreed that you should not post your bank details online,you can't be a money mule without your consent,if not how will they get their money back?

I know there has been few cases where large amounts of money has been deposited on people's account and sometimes later the account owner received a phone a call from unknown number telling them about the money which they mistakenly lodged in and requesting it back,but I always ask how did they get the phone number to Make the call.

You are right it's always someone they know through some one. Only a stupid fraudster will deposit money into an in known person's account. If na my account preach or beg from now till tomorrow you can't get it back
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by L1lma(f): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Na ppl win day beg moni on line dem go catch
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by icankel: 12:21am On Mar 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

See this one, it happens wella.

Isnt it the method yahoo boys and terrorists are using to move money around.

Your write your account online through your moniker, the op contacts you privately and propose a deal, before you know it, you have become a mule moving money from account to account
to ur understanding, y then do those fraudsters ask of ur bank details so as to help u fix something in ur account. it means they can't do anything without ur Bank details
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by joe4christ(m): 1:02am On Mar 30, 2020
uglodoh:

How did the person get the person's phone number if only he dropped his account number number on a faceless forum.

You don't know Nairaland do private chat? Seems you're new here!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Liutay(m): 1:41am On Mar 30, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Giving out account numbers alone is not dangerous.. Simple!

Bro, I honestly admire your persistence.
Even reading her comments is giving me headache. She's ignorant and doesn't wanna learn.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Liutay(m): 1:48am On Mar 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

I am also saying you can be an accomplice to fraud without you knowing.

After going through your comments so n the thread...
It safe to say that you know nothing about how fraudsters work. They can't withdraw money from your account without your consent just because they know your account number. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard this month.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by uglodoh(f): 5:39am On Mar 30, 2020
maestroferddi:
Stop asking dumb questions.
So you think it is difficult to get your phone numbers?
Have you never got an anonymous caller tell your full names?
You can do better by not referring to peoples' questions as being dumb.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by uglodoh(f): 5:41am On Mar 30, 2020
joe4christ:

You don't know Nairaland do private chat? Seems you're new here!
They do private chat because I wrote down my email address when registering.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by joncom(m): 6:37am On Mar 30, 2020
But people drop their account numbers during normal transactions too. Is that one also bad too.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by don4real: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Midex88:

Why are you so daft. Is it not possible to private chat the person

Is that all?? It's only a fraudster as stupid as you are will do such a thing.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by joncom(m): 7:06am On Mar 30, 2020
Churches, schools, companies, sellers, restaurants, supermarkets, etc give out their account numbers for easy transactions. So my point is giving out only account number is safe. End of story.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Qrisful: 7:06am On Mar 30, 2020
NextXtar Nusic, offered to employ 10 youths working from home, and non of our youth applied for a simple job of sitting at home at your leisure time and earn descent money, but someone will say i am sharing 1K and millions will send their account number, what is wrong with our youth, they prefers to beg 1K, rather then working at home with pride and next NextXtar provide data and other incentives haba, i just weak, good news, the job is still open till Friday www.nextxtar.com or Twitter @Nextxtar, Facebook @NextXtar, instagram @nextxtar
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by enekwesylvia: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2020
Most times these fraudsters will claim that they mistakenly send the money to your acct. and will tell you to transfer it back to them, without you knowing is for fraud, and your acct. can be freeze cos of it.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Eizenburg: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2020
sexylassie2:

even though it is not part of the topic, thanks for saying this

all those loan apps have access to people personal details, phone contacts and bank accounts

A lot of apps do. That’s because YOU gave them permission.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by derealj(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2020
Lol Sexylassie you've been schooled next time, do your homework before talking anyhow. FYI
Any scammer that wants to use me as a mule Oya let's do it.

Small money - you no go see am again.
Big money - my bank must hear it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki / My Worst Regret While Trying To Make Money Online / Shyngle, Wigwe's Dad Was Head Of NTA & His Mum Was A Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.