Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (12781 Views)

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:
lol.....so you support Adeboye's sophistry?
I am not Pastor Adeboye's brief. He will make account personally before God by himself. I will make account personally for mine by myself and with my Lord and Saviour as my SAN. You too will make account just as every human being will, by yourself, with Satan prosecuting, lol

Born2Freak:
I would really love to see your the strenght of your faith if all your old relatives got the corona virus
My strength is inconsequential. I only can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (i.e. Philippians 4:13)

As for my hypothetical old relatives who got Coronavirus, our solace is in two - three bible verses, which are 2 Samuel 12: 23b, Job 1:21 and 2 Corinthians 5:8

3 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by kingxsamz(m): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Everything happens for a reason, this one that some people are against religion. Instead of bashing religions, one can just ignore BTW I don't think it's religion that brought this virus

Point out where it was stated that religion is responsible for the virus. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yes it makes sense.
It's a valid reason to doubt your God's existence.
Now think of this; why is it that Wuhan China, (the atheist nation according to you) where the virus originated from have seen a decline/decrease of coronaVirus cases, while Christian and religious nations like Italy are being hit drastically by the virus?
Why is your god allowing you you worshippers to die from the virus?
so what you are saying here is that because a Christian die of the virus, it's prove that God does not exist?

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:

My greetings to your imaginary friends cheesy
alright
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Born2Freak(f): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I am not Pastor Adeboye's brief. He will make account personally before God by himself. I will make account personally for mine by myself and with my Lord and Saviour as my SAN. You too will make account just as every human being will, by yourself, with Satan prosecuting, lol

My strength is inconsequential. I only can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (i.e. Philippians 4:13)

As for my hypothetical old relatives who got Coronavirus, our solace is in two - three bible verses, which are 2 Samuel 12: 23b, Job 1:21 and 2 Corinthians 5:8

A true religious fatalist, you are.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:
So hiding the truth is a good thing?
If you're hungry and thirsty enough, you will when, as for you, truth can still be found, seek and successfully find discovered truth, lol

Born2Freak:
See how you christians turn the bible upside down?
Explain yourself, how you mean christian turn the bible upside down
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

Point out where it was stated that religion is responsible for the virus. undecided
I'm using it to refer to those bashing religions like it's religion that caused it.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by kingxsamz(m): 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
so what you are saying here is that because a Christian die of the virus, it's prove that God does not exist?

I'm not proving that he doesn't exist, I'm telling you that he doesn't exist, based on the facts on ground.
You cannot disprove what cannot be proved.

It is stated in your bible that God will look out for his own.
You're here claiming that because China is a non religious nation, that's why they're being faced with the virus, but meanwhile Christians in other religious countries are dying daily from the virus.
Why is your God not helping them? undecided

8 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:
A true religious fatalist, you are.
I am not a religious fatalist, talkless trying to label me a true one. I am using the power given to exercise freewill. You see my dear brother friend, I didnt want to engage you on Pastor Adeboye's "preordained" choice of word, and that was deliberate because I know you are not conscious of what the implication of "preordained" means when juxtaposed with freewill, lol, and well, for the fun of it, fatalism too, lol, with a tinge of religiosity spread on top of it, lol. Brother, simply to jack it all in while you're ahead, because you really have no idea, no knowledge of what you're wading into, lol.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:

kingxsamz:
I'm not proving that he doesn't exist, I'm telling you that he doesn't exist, based on the facts on ground.

You're here claiming that because China is a non religious nation, that's why they're being faced with the virus, but meanwhile Christians in other religious countries are dying daily from the virus.
Where is this your belief coming from that God is not looking out for His own, hmm?
Why are you all of a sudden bothered that God allegedly is not helping them, hmm?
Are you a closet believer in God ni, lol?
Are you the Nicodemus sort of person, secretly seeking out God, in the middle of night under the cloak of darkness, lol?

If I were to be an atheist like you, I would never give a hoot about God, mention of God or anything about God. I would be indifferent, and not bother wasting my time and energy discussing, arguing or debating anything having God as a central focus, lol, but you guys are tortured souls, writhing like heap of maggots, as if frustrated in some sort of anguish and pain, lol

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Some things happens naturally and some things happens due to man's actions.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

you atheists amaze me, may be you are God assistance so you know who is truly worshipping Him. But how much do we really know about God? If we define Him by our own nature, then He cannot be of any greater character than ourselves. We may
ascribe to Him a greater power than ourselves, but when we suppose that God should or should not act like this or that, then all we are really saying is, "He should act like I would if I were God."

if God were to intervene in the matter of suffering, would He not also intervene in the matter of sin? If He did, He would have to be a dictator. Then how would we react? We would not want that, and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either. He wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to.

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Born2Freak(f): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I am not a religious fatalist, talkless trying to label me a true one. I am using the power given to exercise freewill. You see my dear brother friend, I didnt want to engage you on Pastor Adeboye's "preordained" choice of word, and that was deliberate because I know you are not conscious of what the implication of "preordained" means when juxtaposed with freewill, lol, and well, for the fun of it, fatalism too, lol, with a tinge of religiosity spread on top of it, lol. Brother, simply to jack it all in while you're ahead, because you really have no idea, no knowledge of what you're wading into, lol.

Stop trying to sound smarter than you are. Freewill does not exist if an omnipotent God exists- especially when any death is in accordance to his will
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Where is this your belief coming from that God is not looking out for His own, hmm?
Why are you all of a sudden bothered that God allegedly is not helping them, hmm?
Are you a closet believer in God ni, lol?
Are you the Nicodemus sort of person, secretly seeking out God, in the middle of night under the cloak of darkness, lol?

If I were to be an atheist like you, I would never give a hoot about God, mention of God or anything about God. I would be indifferent, and not bother wasting my time and energy discussing, arguing or debating anything having God as a central focus, lol, but you guys are tortured souls, writhing like heap of maggots, as if frustrated in some sort of anguish and pain, lol
I find it hard for any Atheist not to talk about religion in a very religious country, knowing your family member may insist on going to church only to bring back the virus.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:

Stop trying to sound smarter than you are. Freewill does not exist if an omnipotent God exists- especially when any death is in accordance to his will
They claim free will exist, yet their God kills them without their permission.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by shadeyinka(m): 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
A virus was invented by an atheistic nation, and the same atheists is using it as an evidence that God does not exist. Smh
Cc shadeyinka
Christianity isn't about what we stand to gain from God in terms of wealth, health and wellbeing as some of our pastors have erroneously taught.

Christianity is about men having a relationship with God for the purpose of securing their eternal security.

There cannot be a Physical evidence for the existence of God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Christianity isn't about what we stand to gain from God in terms of wealth, health and wellbeing as some of our pastors have erroneously taught.

Christianity is about men having a relationship with God for the purpose of securing their eternal security.

thanks bro, long time, Good to see you. Sorry for disrupting your leave.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38–39) .
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by malvisguy212: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38–39) .
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:
Stop trying to sound smarter than you are. Freewill does not exist if an omnipotent God exists- especially when any death is in accordance to His will
Smh, lol, You're so predictable, lol. I just knew you'll go for the juicy cheese bait, lol. I knew you'll slip on the yellow banana skin, lol. I am yakata just ROTFL now.

I am just going to pretend, lol that I never saw and read that "Freewill does not exist ..." Smh. Your illusion that "Freewill does not exist ..." that way wont be destroyed, lol.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Contradicting yourself, you claim Christianity is not about gain, but proceed to say it's to gain eternal life.

5 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[s] Smh, lol, You're so predictable, lol. I just knew you'll go for the juicy cheese bait, lol. I knew you'll slip on the yellow banana skin, lol. I am yakata just ROTFL now.

I am just going to pretend, lol that I never saw and read that "Freewill does not exist ..." Smh. Your illusion that "Freewill does not exist ..." that way wont be destroyed, lol. [/s]
You're mumbling.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
I find it hard for any Atheist not to talk about religion in a very religious country, knowing your family member may insist on going to church only to bring back the virus.
Only an ignorant person would insist on going to church only to bring back the virus. It is your civic duty to do a citizen arrest, detain the person or inform the authorities about any such person

GRIMMJOE:
They claim free will exist, yet their God kills them without their permission.
"Also the righteous are perishing, but no one takes it to heart; devout people are taken away,
while no one understands that the righteous person is taken away from calamity
"
- Isaiah 57:1

Freewill exists, but your breath has an expiry date, lol. He who pays the piper, calls the tune nah. There is no bad belle in all that nah, when the Owner of the breath decides when to have His breath back, lol.

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You're mumbling.

GRIMMJOE:
Contradicting yourself, you claim Christianity is not about gain, but proceed to say it's to gain eternal life.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
You're confused. Gbe body ẹ.
I can easily foxtrot uniform chalie kilo you up.
You're putty in my hands, lol

Where did shadeyinka claim Christianity is not about gain, hmm, mister confused dot com, lol?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by shadeyinka(m): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
When you claim to have gone to school but comprehension is your biggest problem!

shadeyinka:

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by shadeyinka(m): 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
thanks bro, long time, Good to see you. Sorry for disrupting your leave.
You are welcome bro!

Atheists had made assumptions based on the popular messages they've seen on TV that Christianity is about God supplying, protecting and blessing Christians.

On that basis they've passed their judgements. I don't blame them. I blame our televangelists who had portrayed God as such in order to fleece the simple.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by shadeyinka(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
You're confused. Gbe body ẹ.
I can easily foxtrot uniform chalie kilo you up.
You're putty in my hands, lol

Where did shadeyinka claim Christianity is not about gain, hmm, mister confused dot com, lol?
Comprehension in English language is his biggest weakness!
I have replied him

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Only an ignorant person would insist on going to church only to bring back the virus. It is your civic duty to do a citizen arrest, detain the person or inform the authorities about any such person

"Also the righteous are perishing, but no one takes it to heart; devout people are taken away,
"

Freewill exists, but your breath has an expiry date, lol. He who pays the piper, calls the tune nah. There is no bad belle in all that nah, when the Owner of the breath decides when to have His breath back, lol.
From your first point you still have some sense left, but this also means you don't believe in the supernatural and magical aspect of religion.

From the last point, Since you claim to have free will, can you please tell me when you gave God permission to bring you into this world.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"

From the second point, what calamity? oh you mean the world God created, why did he created a calamity and put his precious children inside? sounds like scam.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Born2Freak(f): 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Smh, lol, You're so predictable, lol. I just knew you'll go for the juicy cheese bait, lol. I knew you'll slip on the yellow banana skin, lol. I am yakata just ROTFL now.

I am just going to pretend, lol that I never saw and read that "Freewill does not exist ..." Smh. Your illusion that "Freewill does not exist ..." that way wont be destroyed, lol.

Lol. It is a hypothetical argument.

If this, then that.......

An omniscient or omnipotent God and freewill cant exist together

If God knows the future, then it means that the future is written in stone. If the future is written in stone, then we humans are on a predestined path.

5 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
From your first point you still have some sense left, but this also means you don't believe in the supernatural and magical aspect of religion.
"And you shall take no gift:
for the gift blinds the wise, and perverts the words of the righteous
"
- Exodus 23:8

I am sorry and not trying to be rude, but unfortunately I dont accept gift, certainly not a Greek trojan horse gift, lol. Thank you, but no thank you.

I dont know how whatever you mean by "... supernatural and magical aspect of religion"

GRIMMJOE:
From the last point, Since you claim to have free will, can you please tell me when you gave God permission to bring you into this world.
This is a naive, inexperienced and a smh invalid question.

Please leave this freewill matter alone, because I am just sparing you having blushes. Please just leave it, dont push your luck. Quit while you are ahead friend, lol.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are welcome bro!

Atheists had made assumptions based on the popular messages they've seen on TV that Christianity is about God supplying, protecting and blessing Christians.

On that basis they've passed their judgements. I don't blame them. I blame our televangelists who had portrayed God as such in order to fleece the simple.

Shalom
You are almost right, but the Bible equally promises these things, like miracles, in fact most became Christians (12 disciples) when Jesus performed miracles, the same miracles he can't perform anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? / Richest Men Of God In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.