Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (12851 Views)

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
From the second point, what calamity? Oh you mean the world God created, why did He created a calamity and put His precious children inside? Sounds like scam.
Nah, not a scam. His children, who actually, in fact were adults, lol, let themselves down and God. When I say "let themselves down" I literally, lol, mean so, lol. It was a fall from grace, as it were, lol. You wouldnt know anything or have any knowledge about this, lol.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MJBOLT: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
i'm still waiting for god to heal his worshippers

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by lepasharon(f): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
were did this virus began? China! What is China stand on religion? China is an atheistic nation, a nation without God. You atheists will find a way to blame God because of the hatred you have for God.. Foolish atheist

Did Ebola and HIV begin in an atheist nation?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by LordReed(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

If I were to be an atheist like you, I would never give a hoot about God, mention of God or anything about God. I would be indifferent, and not bother wasting my time and energy discussing, arguing or debating anything having God as a central focus, lol, but you guys are tortured souls, writhing like heap of maggots, as if frustrated in some sort of anguish and pain, lol

LMFAO! Look at who likes talking about Freudian slips. You Christians can display some of the worst wishes for your fellow human. Imagine believing that someone is a tortured soul writhing like a heap of maggots just because they don't believe in your god. It says more about you than about the unbeliever. You have the most wicked thoughts is what it says, yet you believe in a bible you say dictates to you to keep your thoughts pure. Smell that hypocrisy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"And you shall take no gift:
for the gift blinds the wise, and perverts the words of the righteous
"
- Exodus 23:8

I am sorry and not trying to be rude, but unfortunately I dont accept gift, certainly not a Greek trojan horse gift, lol. Thank you, but no thank you.

I dont know how whatever you mean by "... supernatural and magical aspect of religion"

This is a naive, inexperienced and a smh invalid question.

Please leave this freewill matter alone, because I am just sparing you having blushes. Please just leave it, dont push your luck. Quit while you are ahead friend, lol.
By Supernatural and magic I meant miracles, as for free will we can discuss it later.
But I have one question for you MuttleyLaff , thieves, ritualist, murderers, corruption, poverty, suffering, this is the question.

Would you have created a better world if you were God?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by shadeyinka(m): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You are almost right, but the Bible equally promises these things, like miracles, in fact most became Christians (12 disciples) when Jesus performed miracles, the same miracles he can't perform anymore.
Miracles still exists and is part of Christianity. It isn't the core though.

The problem is when signs and wonders are elevated beyond "having a quality relationship" with God.

Few Christians ask why all the apostles but one died violent deaths. Few ask why none of the apostles are rich. We don't ask why Gods grace was enough for Paul and Timothy had to take a little wine for his stomach ailment.

What I know is that signs and wonders abound in the mission fields if we are ready to go. But you know that this doesn't attract people to our churches. The ones that attracts people are the miracles done on TV. This has been overplayed at the expense of preaching, teaching and service to God.

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by lepasharon(f): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:

My greetings to your imaginary friends cheesy

grin
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by lepasharon(f): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
my friends saw your reply, all of them are laughing. OK enjoy your weekend my lady.

Why won't they laugh? They're just as brain dead as you, like the majority of Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Jman06(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
malvisguy212:
so what has Christianity got to do with the coronavirus that the op will attack,? China is almost 80% atheists.
Who created those atheist Chinese
I thought the story was that God created heavens and earth and everything in existence including viruses If God truly created everything, including atheists, it then means that he/she/it is the creator of corona virus!

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Born2Freak:
Lol. It is a hypothetical argument.
If this, then that.......

An omniscient or omnipotent God and freewill cant exist together

If God knows the future, then it means that the future is written in stone. If the future is written in stone, then we humans are on a predestined path.
Where did you gobble up all that garbage from you've just regurgitated out above there, lol, hmm?. This guy is just like a book, lol. I read him and his kind like a book, lol. Listen friend, just as I've advised your lackey GRIMMJOE about yall misconception about freewill, just jack in it, forget about it. It isnt market, worth pricing, lol. I am a responsible fair person, I dont want to breath down yall necks, dont want to lean on yall or muscle in. Please ignorance about there is no freewill, is a bliss. Enjoy your illusion that there is no freewill, in peace, lol. Thanks for your time, lol
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
lepasharon:

grin
You on ya wall??.

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Nah, not a scam. His children, who actually, in fact were adults, lol, let themselves down and God. When I say "let themselves down" I literally, lol, mean so, lol. It was a fall from grace, as it were, lol. You wouldnt know anything or have any knowledge about this, lol.

LordReed can you please comprehend the above comment, it seems like his intentionally blabbering (no offense) to kill off the argument.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by CAPSLOCKED: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
lepasharon:

Why won't they laugh? They're just as brain dead as you, like the majority of Nigerians

IMAGINE FOOLS LAUGHING AND BASKING IN THEIR OWN FOOLISHNESS. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by lepasharon(f): 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
1stSonOfLucifer:

You on ya wall??.

Nooo

Are you back? shocked
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Reality11: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

This rubbish you typed has not countered any of the Op's points.
What has China being a non-religious nation got to do with what the Op said?
Get your head out of your ass

Besides, your pastor Adeboye said the virus was from God, so go and wail at his feet. cheesy

OK let's take what the pastor said to be true.

-Virus from God
-Scientists would find the cure and stop it.

Tell me who is the master?
Me i see a villain and a hero grin

4 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Where did you gobble up all that garbage from you've just regurgitated out above there, lol, hmm?. This guy is just like a book, lol. I read him and his kind like a book, lol. Listen friend, just as I've advised your lackey GRIMMJOE about yall misconception about freewill, just jack in it, forget about it. It isnt market, worth pricing, lol. I am a responsible fair person, I dont want to breath down yall necks, dont want to lean on yall or muscle in. Please ignorance about there is no freewill, is a bliss. Enjoy your illusion that there is no freewill, in peace, lol. Thanks for your time, lol
This is not a Christian thing to do, you are to preach the gospel.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
Reality11:

OK let's take what the pastor said to be true.

-Virus from God
-Scientists would find the cure and stop it.

Tell me who is the master?
Me i see a villain and a hero grin
Are you trying to say the Bible is a comic book.

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by orunto27: 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Coro is Game, Wrath, Jealousy, Attack, Challenge, Fight etc.

Na is of in on with against, visus, etc

Virus is Hell, Satan, Temptation, Opposition, Mischief, Threat etc.

CORO-NA-VIRUS IS TRUMP-VISUS-PELOSI. US DEMOCRATS PLAYING ENDTIME UNSERIOUSNESS WITH AMERICANESS. INSTEAD OF COOPERATING WITH TRUMP TO BRING CHINA TO THE US TO DETHRONE THE VIRUS, THEY ARE JUST TALKING.

Hear Pelosi, "I am a Legislator. I am not employed to talk to Trump":
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
LordReed:
LMFAO! Look at who likes talking about Freudian slips. You Christians can display some of the worst wishes for your fellow human. Imagine believing that someone is a tortured soul writhing like a heap of maggots just because they don't believe in your god. It says more about you than about the unbeliever. You have the most wicked thoughts is what it says, yet you believe in a bible you say dictates to you to keep your thoughts pure. Smell that hypocrisy?
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Whats wrong with saying tortured soul?

What is wrong in saying tortured soul? Did I touch a nerve. Did I just hit a nerve with that?
ROTFL, LordReed crucifying me for calling a spade a spade. Would you prefer I rather should have used a mollycoddle adjective, describing the state of yall atheists' souls, hmm? I almost typed troubled soul, lol there. Would have gotten me in LordReed's hotter water, lol. When you take off a shoe and throw it into a crowdy marketplace full of people, the person who yelps, lol, ....
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Miracles still exists and is part of Christianity. It isn't the core though.

The problem is when signs and wonders are elevated beyond "having a quality relationship" with God.

Few Christians ask why all the apostles but one died violent deaths. Few ask why none of the apostles are rich. We don't ask why Gods grace was enough for Paul and Timothy had to take a little wine for his stomach ailment.

What I know is that signs and wonders abound in the mission fields if we are ready to go. But you know that this doesn't attract people to our churches. The ones that attracts people are the miracles done on TV. This has been overplayed at the expense of preaching, teaching and service to God.
I'm impressed with this write up, it's really good.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

What is wrong in saying tortured soul? Did I touch a nerve. Did I just hit a nerve with that?
ROTFL, LordReed crucifying me for calling a spade a spade. Would you prefer I rather should have used a mollycoddle adjective, describing the state of yall atheists' souls, hmm? I almost typed troubled soul, lol there. Would have gotten me in LordReed's hotter water, lol. When you take off a shoe and throw it into a crowdy marketplace full of people, the person who yelps, lol, ....
You still haven't answered my question, I'll ask again, maybe you missed it.

Please note, you don't have to answer.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by LordReed(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

LordReed can you please comprehend the above comment, it seems like his intentionally blabbering (no offense) to kill off the argument.

Just a variation of the freewill argument so that the god is not responsible for what he did.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by LordReed(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You always overrate your capabilities. Your ability to hit a nerve will only be predicated on you speaking truth. You speak fables, so you only get a laugh. When you speak imagery predicated on your fables, you reveal how twisted your thoughts are. It is your twisted thoughts I condemn revealing how hypocritical you are. The glee with which you Christians believe your god will torture people is puerile to say the least.

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
LordReed:

Just a variation of the freewill argument so that the god is not responsible for what he did.
I get it now, the Adam and Eve story. But with this I can easily say Adam didn't ask God to create him, get him a wife, put him under a test and lock him in a garden. Its like Adam was bullied by God, poor Adam.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
What we perceive as miracles on earth, are actually rules, principles and/or laws of heaven. It's when a miracle is constantly repeated or perfected, that it becomes a process of nature, a normal state of affairs on earth. Magic, on the other hand, historically often had pejorative connotations, specifically negative connotations to apply to rites that were regarded as fraudulent, unconventional, and dangerous. Magic, is the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices

Let's take a look at a perceived miracle, the Thames Tunnel, is the world's first man-made underground tunnel under a river built. It was used by pedestrians, was a shopping arcade and became a tourist attraction. Experts back then, thought that an underground tunnel underneath a navigable river is impracticable, and so, it was classed a miracle then and after, this tunnel was successfully constructed by Sir Marc Isambard Brunel. Whats the point made here? The point is that, tunnels under rivers, are now ten a penny, and so thereby their constructions arent seen to be miracles anymore. It has become a norm.

It has to be within the rules though before God can do beyond what our mind can conceive, besides we all know and agree that "let Thy will be done" takes precedence here nau.

GRIMMJOE:
By Supernatural and magic I meant miracles,
Smh. Read the above and weep, lol

GRIMMJOE:
as for free will we can discuss it later.
Give freewill, at your stage, a rest, You dont want to go there, at least, not with me sha, lol. If you ever again, mention it, I'll make you an offer, that could turn out fatal, lol. Please dont try me nor tempt fate, lol. A word is enough for the wise.

GRIMMJOE:
But I have one question for you MuttleyLaff, thieves, ritualist, murderers, corruption, poverty, suffering, this is the question.

C'mon now, shey nah una village pipul dey make you always be asking naive, inexperienced and smh invalid questions, hmm?

How can I ever possibly create a better world than what God originally created, erhn? For crying out loud GRIMMJOE, of course, you do know, this is a case of, as you lay your bed, lie in it. Right?

GRIMMJOE:
Look at you shamelessly, squealing as if like a pig (no offense). You cant stand your corner by yourself, without squealing out and trying to tag team in LordReed, lol.

GRIMMJOE:
This is not a Christian thing to do, you are to preach the gospel.
komanbitmi in my aos, if not pleased, lol. It was addressed to Born2Freak, who had no qualms to it, except nosey parker you, lol
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You still haven't answered my question, I'll ask again, maybe you missed it.

Please note, you don't have to answer.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
What a joker. Scroll up to read it
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Dantedasz(m): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

That is his stock in trade. undecided
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Dantedasz:
That is his stock in trade. undecided
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Look at what's coming out of the woodwork when you step on it, lol
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
I get it now, the Adam and Eve story. But with this I can easily say Adam didn't ask God to create him, get him a wife, put him under a test and lock him in a garden. Its like Adam was bullied by God, poor Adam.

Exactly.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Born2Freak(f): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Lol....

Keep laughing at your ignorance
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Smh. Read the above and weep, lol

Give freewill, at your stage, a rest, You dont want to go there, at least, not with me sha, lol. If you ever again, mention it, I'll make you an offer, that could turn out fatal, lol. Please dont try me nor tempt fate, lol. A word is enough for the wise.

C'mon now, shey nah una village pipul dey make you always be asking naive, inexperienced and smh invalid questions, hmm?

How can I ever possibly create a better world than what God originally created, erhn? For crying out loud GRIMMJOE, of course, you do know, this is a case of, as you lay your bed, lie in it. Right?

Look at you shamelessly, squealing as if like a pig (no offense). You cant stand your corner by yourself, without squealing out and trying to tag team in LordReed, lol.

komanbitmi in my aos, if not pleased, lol. It was addressed to Born2Freak, who had no qualms to it, except nosey parker you, lol
Miracle is different from magic, a stick turning to a snake, a donkey speaking, sounds like magic to me.
I'm also a little disappointed you will let starving children die if you were God.

But let's hear what you have to say about free will.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
LordReed:
You always overrate your capabilities.
I merely asked questions, thats' all. Keep your knickers out of a knot

LordReed:
Your ability to hit a nerve will only be predicated on you speaking truth. You speak fables, so you only get a laugh. When you speak imagery predicated on your fables, you reveal how twisted your thoughts are
Look at you, fyi, a fable is a bridge that leads to truth, lol. Fables has strong shoulders that can carry far more truth than fact can, lol.

LordReed:
It is your twisted thoughts I condemn revealing how hypocritical you are. The glee with which you Christians believe your god will torture people is puerile to say the least.
What a dumb foxtrot uniform charlie kilo thing to say. To tell me you dont know or maybe you're pretending you dont know the difference between "tortured souls" as in someone going through great mental suffering and pain in the soul and a god torturing people is just so smh below par and under the belt punch.

I am a reasonable and fair minded person, so I'll throw you a lifeline, lol. Paste here any evidence/proof, you've read that attributed to MuttleyLaff, that God will torture people, lol. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Happens If You Commit Suicide / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.