Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience (108359 Views)

How COVID-19 Dead Bodies Are Buried By NCDC Officials (Video) / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Ralphjoe(m): 3:52am On Mar 30, 2020
One thing you guys should know right now is that they are only testing people that mostly have contact with person that recently came back from one of the highly infected countries, and are showing serious symptoms of the covid19. If you really want to be tested, you can allude to have made a contact with a person of such, and you will be told to send your address to them, it is as simple as that.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by TamunoRichard(m): 4:02am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:
That person seeking a test right now is an unserious fellow. They are only testing those with symptoms such as fever, cough and body aches who may have been exposed to an infected person. There are very limited number of testing kits to go around, so yes of course screening is selective. Even in America and Europe, they are only testing people with symptoms, so why did your friend think he can just get tested like that?

Mind what you say and don't refer to America because they no be una mate. They care so much for their citizens and are not as unserious as your citizens..

America has the highest number of cases because they tests even those without symptoms which shows positive...

Lot of people have no dymptomps because of their strong immune system. But that doesn't mean they can't infect others..

So if NCDC I'd only looking for symptoms before testing, OK hen even you too you are not safe because the infection is moving and lots of people are not showimg symptoms.

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by makewetalk2: 4:02am On Mar 30, 2020
oga pls next time record the calls.
SinisterX:
Coronavirus: A Facebook User’s Experience Of Getting Tested In Abuja

ATTENTION: PRESIDENCY & FED. MINISTRY OF HEALTH

To tell you the truth, NCDC can't do anything for you because they are not ready.
All this PR they are doing they are assuming people will not try that's why.
On Wednesday (25/03/2020) I and a colleague of mine decided we want to be sure of our status before going into #selfisolation.

So we went through the following steps

1. We called the toll free line and after all the normal recorded stories, when we chose to speak to an agent they end the call.

2. We went to University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, they told us they don't do testing there, that the hospital is only an isolation center. They refer us back to NCDC office in town, told us that's where testing lab is.

3. We drove to NCDC office at Jabi. There are two NCDC offices there in close proximity. The first office told us they don't do testing but they directed us to the second office saying that's where testing is handled.

4. The second office too absolved themselves of that responsibility and directed us to NCDC National Reference Laboratory, Gaduwa.

5. We visited the NCDC NRL. On getting there, the security at the gate informed us that a lot of people were there too earlier in the day and were turned away. That they don't do testing for individuals unless your state took your sample and submit to them.

6.They refer us to a circular posted at the gate and told us to contact the FCT Epidemiology team lead on COVID-19.

7. When I called him I introduced myself by name and then asked him if he's the FCT team lead on this issue. He answered yes. I then asked him how do I go about getting tested. He asked who are you? Who gave you my number? I told him I'm an Abuja resident and his number is on a circular at the NCDC office. He told us he doesn't know. He said we should go to NCDC. I told him but they referred us to you. He was silent. I then asked him to advise us. He told us to go to "National Health Disease Control" which doesn't exist.

I will send a copy of the circular to this forum.

Obviously they are doing selective testing which is dangerous.

It means a lot of people might have been infected already but for lack of testing they are moving about infecting others.

While the information from the official channels are saying people are not coming forth, the truth is that people are going but are been turned away.

And I know because I was turned away first hand.

It also tells you that either the NCDC are lying to us or they are not coordinated at all. How will you explain three branches of the office each denying responsibility and pointing us to the next instead of just explaining to us the laid down procedures by the NCDC

https://m.facebook.com/673827759324224/posts/3897292313644403/
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by jossifeels(m): 4:13am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:
That person seeking a test right now is an unserious fellow. They are only testing those with symptoms such as fever, cough and body aches who may have been exposed to an infected person. There are very limited number of testing kits to go around, so yes of course screening is selective. Even in America and Europe, they are only testing people with symptoms, so why did your friend think he can just get tested like that?

bros in the case of America you mention, that is a big lie they are testing all check your CNN , they are hoping to be testing up to 10,000 daily per state. so don't lie with that. remember some it does not show symptoms how will you do that..? check the case of davido fiance no symptoms but positive !! so pls don't talk trash just seat and look and stop justifying nonsense.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by vivvyo(m): 4:22am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:
but please, how would they have known if he has symptoms, since no one gave him attention.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by 2cul2care: 4:40am On Mar 30, 2020
Very typical of NIGERIA, even in a life threatening siruation , it still cones down to MAN KNOWS MAN

May God help us all

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Damntruth(m): 5:02am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

You are a clown. I have relatives in New York the epicenter at the moment who are medical providers and they cannot get tested unless they claim they are having symptoms. Quit making a fool of yourself online.
ode,before the scarcity the test was been carried out without segregation.. U are the one making a fool out a yourself ode ..I have relatives there too dosun
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Damntruth(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2020
johnmattew:
small small lie na...where they wan get the test kit?
bro update urself na
American and other advance countries are suffering from insufficient test kits...the total number of test kits in the world cant go round Lagos..

the world is short of test kits
stay there and be getting deceived even in smallest towns and nursing homes pipu are being tested ..you guys beleive what they want u to believe I have pipu in the core of thing ..
I would not say more than this
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Tunagee(m): 5:05am On Mar 30, 2020
Microwhy:
Since European union and united States urge citizens to leave Nigeria, I know that things are not right.

They are mad, let them evacuate their citizens, Foolish countries!!
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Damntruth(m): 5:06am On Mar 30, 2020
jossifeels:

bros in the case of America you mention, that is a big lie they are testing all check your CNN , they are hoping to be testing up to 10,000 daily per state. so don't lie with that. remember some it does not show symptoms how will you do that..? check the case of davido fiance no symptoms but positive !! so pls don't talk trash just seat and look and stop justifying nonsense.
just leave those idiots they don't know anything ..would come online and be saying nonsense claiming they have pipu there

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by kingjrofficial(m): 5:38am On Mar 30, 2020
hedonister:
It's a shame really that we're not ready. Thousands re still waiting to be tested.
Millions angry
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Allsingles: 5:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Please be informed, they have failed before CoronaVirus came into existence.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by MrFly(m): 6:00am On Mar 30, 2020
u would have attempted hugging and see how u would have been tested ASAP
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by deavicky(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:
but Kaduna state governor didn't show signs before he was tested.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Chiomatimo: 6:07am On Mar 30, 2020
K
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by eephydanielah: 6:07am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

Yeah very true, there is a criteria required before one can be tested in Europe and US. But for that man's first question to be "who are you and who gave you my number?" Instead of "are you having any symptoms and what is your travel history?", shows that testing is only for the high and mighty. I will advise we the "poor masses" to try our possible best to not to catch the virus, if not, O.Y.O is the anthem!
Shalom!
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by putin2: 6:09am On Mar 30, 2020
Wow
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by t00dugged(f): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero ,have you seen this thread? Like I said before, this is a case of a sinking Titanic ship life jackets to the elites first and nothing more.

The test kits are being hoarded for the high and mighty as it will not go round the general population . The rich without symptoms are getting tested so they can commence early treatment to boost their chance of survival. While the only way the common man will get tested is to have symptoms or be near death.

Instead of being asked if he has had any contact with a corona patient or is having any symptoms thought to resemble corona virus he was asked "who are you and who gave you my number" . I am sure if he has said "minister so so and so gave me your number" , he will be given the address to go for testing.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Truthbites: 6:23am On Mar 30, 2020
Trimque2k1:
mumu buhari has killed us...

This ur statement has two meanings. If u add coma, it means u are referring to the earlier commenter, without coma it means Buhari is the mumu...so what's your real intent?

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 30, 2020
t00dugged:
kikero ,have you seen this thread? Like I said before, this is a case of a sinking Titanic ship life jackets to the elites first and nothing more.

The test kits are being hoarded for the high and mighty as it will not go round the general population . The rich without symptoms are getting tested so they can commence early treatment to boost their chance of survival. While the only way the common man will get tested is to have symptoms or be near death.

Instead of being asked if he has had any contact with a corona patient or is having any symptoms thought to resemble corona virus he was asked "who are you and who gave you my number" . I am sure if he has said "minister so so and so gave me your number" , he will be given the address to go for testing.

1.LOL...I have seen the thread.... grin

2.Anyway, like I said, for now confirmed cases (as defined in the case definition) and their contacts get the test. Returnees have to self isolate for 14 days

3.NCDC is expanding testing centers tho. NIMR is doing free tests for people in Lagos today.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by sammirano: 6:33am On Mar 30, 2020
cucumbae:
Plus hell rufai and DG of immigration.Who certified them as coronavirus patients?

Very soon they will start the corona virus challenge in Nigeria.

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by t00dugged(f): 6:34am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

1.LOL...I have seen the thread.... grin

2.Anyway, like I said, for now confirmed cases (as defined in the case definition) and their contacts get the test. Returnees have to self isolate for 14 days

3.NCDC is expanding testing centers tho. NIMR is doing free tests for people in Lagos today.
But you do agree there as an undertone to the "who are you" question.As a Nigerian we both know what that meant.

Anyway God help the common man on the streets,cos if our case gets to that of Italy ,the real Titanic is going to play out .
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by nams77: 6:36am On Mar 30, 2020
iPOOPinURmouth:
just forget all these testing and shit. the corona stuff is not that serious in africa or let me say nigeria. i can assure you that if they go testing everyone from street to street, we will have atleast 5 positive cases in each street. i do not know of places like island. but for mainland e don spread finish. the fact that we are not seeing breakouts means the virus is not that active on nigerians
U just said what i have always mentioned. Our immune system has become so toughened by constant exposure to germs and other similar viruses like common cold virus which is similar to the corvid 19 so that this new corona might not really be that terrible on us.
The virus is in a greater percentage of people but it is asymptomatic
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by adebayo987: 6:36am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

US were selective at its unset but decided to test everybody and guess what, they go 80k+ infected. NCDC is a serious joke, likewise Nigeria.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

So chioma who is not showing any symptoms ( according to davido) and got tested ALONG WITH 32 members of davido crew were selected Av u seen any poor person that has been tested Just pray u dont fall sick during this period. Not even headache...
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2020
t00dugged:
But you do agree there as an undertone to the "who are you" question.As a Nigerian we both know what that meant.

But of course, that's another story though...

Anyway God help the common man on the streets,cos if our case gets to that of Italy ,the real Titanic is going to play out .

That's what we are trying to avoid. Though Italy has two crucial differences 1) a large proportion of the population has the income to travel out meaning that they have travelled to places like China as tourists and brought the disease with them and 2) 25% of the population is 65 and over...and they are the ones dying the most from the illness.

But it is going to be tough. Health budgets in this country aren't up to $1 billion. Italy spends up to ten times that...and even they are struggling.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Babinski: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2020
JamParkMe:

Testing in America, particularly New York is not based on symptoms. An old people's home tested in New York had over 20 people that tested positive, didn't show any symptoms and yet were reported to be highly contagious!

The NCDC needs to do more than it is currently doing to avoid things getting out of hand.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by OgbeniOja1: 6:44am On Mar 30, 2020
Only Bubu can save you. Go and meet him in aso rock
abdulrahman0100:
Any1 shld try to help me out even if its to eat plz, Gtb 01.244613,99 Abuba k,ar Abdul.r ah.man, u wil never. beg to eat in ur entire lifetime amen.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by nams77: 6:44am On Mar 30, 2020
Cmanforall:
OP saying they are doing selective screening is right.
Is selective screening appropriate in this kind of situation? YES.

Should they use individual's economic or social status for screening? NO!

Why are they (NCDC) doing it this way?
I don't know.

I don't know how you people reason. Do you know that asymptomatic patients do share the virus? Are u going to test only those with symptoms? What about those who are newly infected without any symptoms and are also transmitting the virus? Is this the best way to stop the spread?
Think critically pls. Is this how south Africa was able to test thousands of persona in few days?
Stop making excuse for the failure of our government.
I even propose that every local government in Nigeria should have testing zone. That way we can curb the spread

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / Benefits Of African Black Soap

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61