Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) (59059 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
SLAP44:
Is the state as beautiful as this?

I have told you to leave your village, travel and see, you said NO

Now see how you are embarrassing your generation in public
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

Coal camp heart of Enugu Urban? What's the major activity in this ur heart of Enugu urban plz

Akure looks better than Enugu, that's if you have actually toured Enugu TOWNSHIP

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

I ve been to both city , u don't compare the 2

There's a huge gap , enugu is in class of Abuja, Calabar and ikoyi

While ibadan is in class of mushin , onitsha and idumota

In terms of atmosphere , enugu city is second to none

Very true

You know the city very very well
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

Coal camp heart of Enugu Urban? What's the major activity in this ur heart of Enugu urban plz

This shows you are still a kid. Enugu TOWNSHIP without coal camp is like soup without oil. Ask around
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Smartwave: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:
See the peaceful atmosphere and how neat the eastern capital is
show me Unizik junction at Awka. And try show Aba or umuiaya.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by oxiide22(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
Prettychichi21:
My state be looking so clean and beautiful

Ada_Ezeagu cool
are u clean n beautiful like your state?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

[s]There are more than ten "beautiful Enugu" inside Ibadan alone and please pay attention to your grammar while typing next time[/s].

This one is typing with emotions

You guys never disappoint
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Pleasant01: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
meh, akure is still better...
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Herdsmen:

Na big fat lie..
You’ve not been outta of IB.

I swear

You just went straight to the point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by NekkyCee(f): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hmmmmm.... OP snapped only government house axis. That area is usually dry na. Pictures of Abakpa, Gariki and Holy ghost would tell if people are really staying at home.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by ChrisKels: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

This shows you are still a kid. Enugu TOWNSHIP without coal camp is like soup without oil. Ask around

Simple question and u resort to throwing insults? Wow u really are an aged smart man.

Bye
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Kalaba(m): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Ugwuanyi is not a governorship material.. The man is a dunce.. The state is not on the move again like in Sullivan time..
Wasn't impressed last time I visited...

Many urban roads to be put in place
But seems the man is not serious
Yea, noticed same when I traveled to Enugu back in 2018, I had expected Enugu to grow more than what it was during Sulivan. The city is typically London aswear.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by oxiide22(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

I have told you to leave your village, travel and see, you said NO

Now see how you are embarrassing your generation in public
grin grin
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by SunriseW(f): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

Enugu city is the most beautiful city in the east , and the most peaceful in Nigeria , quote me anywhere

U don't run after a bus

You're so right.
After staying in Lag for a long time, if you come Enugu, you'll probably embarass yourself while chasing bus grin
The way they'll look at you ehnn...
They don't jump out of vehicles no matter what, you must park well o, they don't wait for vehicle anywhere else unless at designated bustops.
They obey traffic light like mahhd. Passenger side can do fresh eh..as a driver drink or smoke and loose ur passengers,
Enugu people are disciplined. They also don't throw dirts around and out of window of moving vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
spartan50:

You are a bitter person

Not just bitter

But has traits of a wizard

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Preshob(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

I ve been to both city , u don't compare the 2

There's a huge gap , enugu is in class of Abuja, Calabar and ikoyi

While ibadan is in class of mushin , onitsha and idumota

In terms of atmosphere , enugu city is second to none

Aptly said!!!

But in terms of "atmosphere" and scenery, Enugu is second to only calabar in the whole federation. The two to me are the most beautiful in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by silverkings: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

Most beautiful ké? Are the likes of Enugu South, precisely Gariki and Nkanu West that is a stark village not part of Enugu? Is Enugu East not also part of Enugu?

The only 'beautiful' place in Enugu is Enugu North and its 'beauty' got nothing on Ikeja. I lived in the state for four years and I know for a fact all the way from Ekweremadu's house, down to Rangers Avenue and the Government House, to Otigba and Polo then a bit towards Orthopaedic Hospital, before getting to GOU are the only places that fits the word 'try'.

Interestingly, all of these places I mentioned aren't close to Ketu to Ikorodu, distance wise.

All of the places captured are around the government house. Perhaps you want to show pictures of Nkanu West, Enugu South and Enugu East. At least, these are the closest to the most developed area in Enugu (North).
kaaaaiii!!! keep quiet!!!!
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=azpekuliar post=87917907][/quote]

I wan puke

Please next time add graphic to that

What an eyesore
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Smartwave: 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
IdioticNLmods:

They are bad o... They will pretend to be holy when they see fine girl. Better run from them o.. By the time u know it they will use you to start bragging how igbo girls are after their dicks
and your generation cannot stay at home, but must come down to Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
SunriseW:

You're so right.
After staying in Lag for a long time, if you come Enugu, you'll probably embarass yourself while chasing bus grin
The way they'll look at you ehnn...
They don't jump out of vehicles no matter what, you must park well o, they don't wait for vehicle anywhere else unless at designated bustops.
They obey traffic light like mahhd Enugu people are disciplined.

See them with their lies and hype. By the way how many people are in Enugu? Enugu have very little population and scanty roads all year road. I think buses should be chasing passengers there and not the other way round
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
When Enugu state is mentioned, naturally a comparison with Ibadan will spring up and bring about ethnic bragging. Enugu is smaller than Ibadan and with a lesser population. I see no basis for comparison. A city with few people and small land mass is easier to maintain and beautify compared to a larger one with population surge. which is why Lagos has mainland and island. Besides, that the op took a beautiful picture of one road in Independence Layout does not mean the whole city is like that. There are some pristine neighborhoods in Ibadan that you will snap and post and people will be awed. Why did he not snap Nwani, garki, Abakpa, holy ghost, emene or 9th mile?. When posting pictures people show their best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
ngoxievergreen:

[s]There's nothing beautiful about Enugu, these areas shown are areas surrounding the government house. [/s]

Chai

If you had grown up in the village (which I still doubt if you didn't), you would have been sending charms to people from the comfort of your bedroom and also be at the highest level of witchcraft
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

Simple question and u resort to throwing insults? Wow u really are an aged smart man.

Bye

Please show me the insult the insult.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by 8stargeneral: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
SLAP44:
Yes nah
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
yusuff2019:

Yes ooo..the most peaceful state I have ever been, their electricity na die....#Enugu north/south precisely. Though not all the area Sha.�������

You call a spade a spade

You seem very informed

Kudos
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Chuksyno(m): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
SLAP44:
Enugu is most beautiful in the whole south-east region.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Preshob(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
franchasng:
Enugu is the most beautiful state capital in the Southeast, followed by Owerri, and then Awka.

Enugu metropolis can only be compared to Ikoyi and Ikeja GRA in Lagos

have you been to Abakiliki lately??
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
lacasera14:
When Enugu state is mentioned, naturally a comparison with Ibadan will spring up and bring about ethnic bragging. Enugu is smaller than Ibadan and with a lesser population. I see no basis for comparison. A city with few people and small land mass is easier to maintain and beautify compared to a larger one with population surge. which is why Lagos has mainland and island. Besides, that the op took a beautiful picture of one road in Independence Layout does not mean the whole city is like that. There are some pristine neighborhoods in Ibadan that you will snap and post and people will be awed. Why did he not snap Nwani, garki, Abakpa, coal comp, emene or 9th mile?. When posting pictures people show their best.

You have stated the truth. The areas you mentioned even constitute over 80% of Enugu TOWNSHIP, but they used propaganda to show us areas around government house which is not up to .01% of the town

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
ngoxievergreen:

Don't be deceived, this is also Enugu

Hmmm

You don't easily give up, do you

One can literally see the inherit hatred oozing out from you

Hatred kills faster than you can ever imagine
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by 8stargeneral: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Enugu is Nigeria UK, lovely people good atmosphere.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
membranus:

Remember Ibadan is more populous, bigger and less tribalistic.
Nonsense points

Not an excuse
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by SunriseW(f): 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

See them with their lies and hype. By the way how many people are in Enugu? Enugu have very little population and scanty roads all year road. I think buses should be chasing passengers there and not the other way round

Nope it's just discipline
Everything I've said is very true anyone can confirm that, whether you like Enugu or not.
You haven't been to the place, so shut the Bleep up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.