Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) (59013 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by stasius: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Whoever uploaded This Sha.. Hahahhaah

That area is always like that. Starting from govt house to okpara square through court roads, agric bank and independence lay out.

The op should show us Nkpokiti junction, new market, akwata, old park, ogbete, ogui road, camp down to obiagu. Let's see if the road is really free

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

Anybody can claim to be from any place, after all, this is a faceless forum. What if I told u I was from Odugbeho, in Agatu LGA of Benue State

Please respond to this and stop digressing.

Please where's the commercial districts of Enugu? You are averse to knowledge. Are you sure you know what makes up coal camp?

See the part marked in orange.

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=koning post=87922367][/quote]

Hahahaha this inferior man is busy crying up and down. I am not even living in Enugu that's filled with poor people. Can they afford to buy exotic goods?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by koning: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
stasius:
Whoever uploaded This Sha.. Hahahhaah

That area is always like that. Starting from govt house to okpara square through court roads, agric bank and independence lay out.

The op should show us Nkpokiti junction, new market, akwata, old park, ogbete, ogui road, camp down to obiagu. Let's see if the road is really free

Good observation. I was about to say the same. Your's is an unbiased comment. I think Op just wanted to show us that he rolls along posh independence layout.
Before Corona, that area never used to have heavy traffic.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by ChrisKels: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

Please respond to this and stop digressing.

Please where's the commercial districts of Enugu? You are averse to knowledge. Are you sure you know what makes up coal camp?

See the part marked in orange.

Tell me what makes up coal camp, I want to learn from u grin

Prove to me u ain't bereft of knowledge, school me. What makes up coal camp that made u call it a city center?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

Tell me what makes up coal camp, I want to learn from u
Prove to me u ain't bereft of knowledge, school me. What makes up coal camp that made u call it a city center?

Are you really sure you know where coal camp is located? Please tell us what goes on at coal camp before we continue. It appears am discussing with someone that doesn't even know Enugu cheesy
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by mechanics(m): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
Is there curfew in the state?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by 8stargeneral: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
lacasera14:
This shows you've never travelled out of the east. If Enugu is nigeria's UK then what is VI, Lekki and Ikoyi? Travel out pls and stop doing village champion.
Ur a clown... do you know where I from?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Chriskels, if you claim you know coal camp, can you now relate it to this definition?

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Thunderblasts(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:
See the peaceful atmosphere and how neat the eastern capital is
Eastern wetin?
You no well

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by membranus: 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

Nonsense points

Not an excuse

Yes sir, but I am sticking to it.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by oyinella(f): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

I ve been to both city , u don't compare the 2

There's a huge gap , enugu is in class of Abuja, Calabar and ikoyi

While ibadan is in class of mushin , onitsha and idumota

In terms of atmosphere , enugu city is second to none
calabar doesn't belong to this clique anymore, it now dwells in past glory
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by goodlife4every1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:
See the peaceful atmosphere and how neat the eastern capital is
And they go to other people's state and litter dirty everywhere and disobey the task force there... A perfect example is Rivers State...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

I ve been to both city , u don't compare the 2

There's a huge gap , enugu is in class of Abuja, Calabar and ikoyi

While ibadan is in class of mushin , onitsha and idumota

In terms of atmosphere , enugu city is second to none

Class of uyo abuja and ikoyi

Calabar dead
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by IdioticNLmods: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Smartwave:
and your generation cannot stay at home, but must come down to Yoruba land.
And who told this dreamer I'm in yorubaland? Is ur nonsense yorubaland up to the enugu u just saw on this thread? Abeg comot road.. Face your women.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by KingOfThePay(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
An average Igbo man knows the value of life and has a reason to live!

In a very long while it is very rare i find my neigbour am Igbo Man at home. He has shops in Aba, Lagos and Kaduna.... You can only briefly see him around by weekends .... But due to this Coronavirus stay at home now, 'na every day we dae see now' grin. In the evenings like this we sit outside gist and drink beer and hot. Today he just woke up early morning, started making noise in the compound that he is tired staying at home. Naso he take vex kill very big Goat share for everybody. As i type this now i am struggling with goat meat in my mouth and a bottle of cool origin.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ashawopapa001:
Educated and exposed citizens, not those kastina riffraffs

There is no need for this kind of silly utterances now. Grow sense

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by fyneboi79(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

Enugu city is the most beautiful city in the east , and the most peaceful in Nigeria , quote me anywhere

U don't run after a bus
If only wishes were horses....most beautiful city in the east?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
SunriseW:

You're so right.
After staying in Lag for a long time, if you come Enugu, you'll probably embarass yourself while chasing bus grin
The way they'll look at you ehnn...
They don't jump out of vehicles no matter what, you must park well o, they don't wait for vehicle anywhere else unless at designated bustops.
They obey traffic light like mahhd. Passenger side can do fresh eh..as a driver drink or smoke and loose ur passengers,
Enugu people are disciplined. They also don't throw dirts around and out of window of moving vehicles.

That's the characteristics of all state capitals in Nigeria that are not overpopulated. Who's even comparing Lagos with Enugu? They are miles apart.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by emmydiamon(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

Enugu city is the most beautiful city in the east , and the most peaceful in Nigeria , quote me anywhere

U don't run after a bus
Igbo Amaka.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by hedonister: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

Propaganda? Lol. I left Enugu last year and I know how these online guys package the state and show us pictures of areas around the government house, claiming Enugu is the most beautiful state in Nigeria.

I was in Nkanu West one time when it rained and people's homes were flooded. You can't even walk right without having thugs snatch your phones and bags in Gariki and they'll come and lie to people.

If they want to lie, they should do so to people who don't travel, not to those who move around a lot.
I hope you understand that when people are talking about Enugu city, they're not referring to the entire state. They're mostly referring to Enugu North and South with Enugu North being the most visually appealing.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Lawsimon(m): 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
jayloms:
Ah!! love Enugu. I'am glad to have served there! wonderful experience.

I also served there. It was a memorable experience. I should have been there by now if not for the interview invite I missed.

I missed the place!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Tmb78(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sekolowo1:

I'm from Ibadan & I've spent some years in Enugu. Enugu is more beautiful compare to Ibadan. Well organized, good road network & better residential buildings. It's far neater than Ibadan. However, it lacks d major facilities Ibadan has. Ibadan has more social amenities. By d way, Ibadan is a very big city. Most parts of Ibadan will beat Enugu in many folds while some parts will fall flat before Enugu. The major issues I have with my place of origin is their [b][/b]dirtiness & houses[b][/b]c. Most of them see these as norms
I have been to Ibadan several times to see uncles and cousins who took up residence there .I am yet to see the dirtiness you people are talking about.Maybe it's the Ibadan indigenes you are referring to as dirty, and where they live
if it's so then I pity you people o.
My extended family are educated and neat people.
Pls,always distinguish when you are talking about dirty Ibadan people. Thanks.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Bluffly: 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
All this places are government seats. Show us the real state dwellers area.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by brainac05: 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
yusuff2019:
We agree but that place use to silent before because it's GRA please give us holy ghost park video to know the truth of the matter ����
That place is part of independence layout, not GRA. And the Op didn't even capture the places on the other side of that road, just bushes. Nice road network and wonderful city.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by mmsen: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

U don't run after a bus

Calabar is more peaceful and beautiful.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by majamajic(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
mmsen:

Calabar is more peaceful and beautiful.

U have not seen the atmosphere in enugu , I ve been to Calabar

Almost everyone in enugu works , not trading or prostitution jobs like Calabar
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

U have not seen the atmosphere in enugu , I ve been to Calabar

Almost everyone in enugu works , not trading or prostitution jobs like Calabar

Stop this unnecessary hype. Enugu is a poor town filled with poor people. At least Calabar has a selling point which tourism, what does Enugu have except poorly paid civil servants.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Even with all the hype and noise, ordinary airport in Owerri commands more traffic than the one that has been in Enugu since almost Nigeria's independence. That is another indication that Enugu is a poor town with army of poor people.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Kaydiscography(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
The first two pictures are of independent layout while the third is juhel fuel station at new heaven junction.
And every state have their slums too..talk of 9the mile , abakpa and a few others In enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Sekolowo1: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tmb78:
I have been to Ibadan several times to see uncles and cousins who took up residence there .I am yet to see the dirtiness you people are talking about.Maybe it's the Ibadan indigenes you are referring to as dirty, and where they live
if it's so then I pity you people o.
My extended family are educated and neat people.
Pls,always distinguish when you are talking about dirty Ibadan people. Thanks.

Lol
I'm an indegene & my place z very decent. There're many neat & beautiful places in Ibadan that will swallow Enugu. But when u have major places like Iwo Rd looking dirty. That will create wrong impression in d mind of visitors who can't move round Ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Hangs On A Lady's Bonnet From Ikoyi To VI Lagos (Video) / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.