Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) (59047 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / See Resort Serving As Coronavirus Quarantine Site In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Smartwave: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
friday2011:

Yes, not just beautiful but very good to reside and enjoy better girls, bear and nkwobi, but you go hold money well. And no traffic like lagos.
The question is, why your people prefer Lagos traffic than your beautiful Enugu? Since better girls, beer and nkwobi is now your investment.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
SunriseW:

Nope it's just discipline
Everything I've said is very true anyone can confirm that, whether you like Enugu or not.
You haven't been to the place, so shut the Bleep up.

There's nothing like discipline. Enugu is a poor town filled with poor people and I think that is why no one migrates there except poor civil servants that are mainly indigenes of the state. I have been to Enugu several times. The population of Enugu is about the lowest in SE and Nigeria at large, so why won't the buses be the ones pursuing the low population in the town

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
8stargeneral:
Enugu is Nigeria UK, lovely people good atmosphere.
This shows you've never travelled out of the east. If Enugu is nigeria's UK then what is VI, Lekki and Ikoyi? Travel out pls and stop doing village champion.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by highmood(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

Enugu city is the most beautiful city in the east , and the most peaceful in Nigeria , quote me anywhere

U don't run after a bus

Enugu! Twice I have visited that city, I loved it like I have loved women. So beautiful, Neat, Serene and organized. I just wish I had a business that would be paying me very well, I would not mind living there.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by kokostick(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
U went n snapped independence layout... how many people passes there...y not go to emene or obiagu and snap... angry

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

[s]Most beautiful ké? Are the likes of Enugu South, precisely Gariki and Nkanu West that is a stark village not part of Enugu? Is Enugu East not also part of Enugu?

The only 'beautiful' place in Enugu is Enugu North and its 'beauty' got nothing on Ikeja. I lived in the state for four years and I know for a fact all the way from Ekweremadu's house, down to Rangers Avenue and the Government House, to Otigba and Polo then a bit towards Orthopaedic Hospital, before getting to GOU are the only places that fits the word 'try'.

Interestingly, all of these places I mentioned aren't close to Ketu to Ikorodu, distance wise.

All of the places captured are around the government house. Perhaps you want to show pictures of Nkanu West, Enugu South and Enugu East. At least, these are the closest to the most developed area in Enugu (North).[/s]

Nna men! Haters must hate sha grin

Haters like you fail to realize that your hate brings out the best in people rather than pulling them down

It spurs us to greater heights, please don't stop hating

042 has the same road network, well planned and serene like Abuja, the only difference is Enugu is smaller in size
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by ChrisKels: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

Please show me the insult the insult.

U said coal camp was the heart of Enugu urban, I called hoax ur assertion, asking u to substantiate with salient points like naming the major activities in coal camp, but instead of tackling that, u circumvented by resorting to calling me a kid. Does that really portray u as a smart guy?

How is coal camp the heart of Enugu urban and what are the major activities obtainable from coal camp, Mr old man?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pleasant01:
meh, akure is still better...
Seriously? bruh like seriously? Let me assume you're just joking.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by SunriseW(f): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

There's nothing like discipline. Enugu is a poor town filled with poor people and I think that is why no one migrates there except poor civil servants that indigenes of the state. I have been to Enugu several times. The population of Enugu is about the lowest in SE and Nigeria at large, so why won't the buses be the ones pursuing the low population in the town

So everything I said is true ni, are we talking about the population or that the population there behave well. Aren't there other places without large population that are indisciplined. And did u just say Enugu is filled with poor people you obviously don't even know where you are talking about. Enugu that people come to spend money go and research well and come back.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
SunriseW:

So everything I said is true ni, are we talking about the population or that the population there behave well. Aren't there other places without large population that are indisciplined. And did u just say Enugu is filled with poor people you obviously don't even know where you are talking about. Enugu that people come to spend money go and research well and come back.

Who does not know that Enugu is a low population town filled with poor people? Aside state government employees, tell us what other thing that's happening in Enugu?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
ngoxievergreen:

[s]Stop misinforming people. Enugu is not different from Ibadan. Below picture is the same Enugu[/s]

Shut up!

Never in your compare orange to apple

Leave your village and travel around.

Travelling is part of education
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by kentosh00(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
Of course now, it is even more beautiful
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
ruggedtimi:
[s]not everywhere...just that area close to the govt house[/s]

You are almost typing this with tears

Do you hate for a living?
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by ChrisKels: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

There's nothing like discipline. Enugu is a poor town filled with poor people and I think that is why no one migrates there except poor civil servants that indigenes of the state. I have been to Enugu several times. The population of Enugu is about the lowest in SE and Nigeria at large, so why won't the buses be the ones pursuing the low population in the town

I actually thought u were smart, I really was wrong.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Ashawoboi27(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Prettychichi21:

Pleased to meet you bro/sis? cool
Bro actually

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

U said coal camp was the heart of Enugu urban, I called hoax ur assertion, asking u to substantiate with salient points like naming the major activities in coal camp, but instead of tackling that, u circumvented by resorting to calling me a kid. Does that really portray u as a smart guy?

How is coal camp the heart of Enugu urban and what are the major activities obtainable from coal camp, Mr old man?

How's calling you a kid an insult?

How's coal camp not in the centre of Enugu TOWNSHIP? Do you know that coal camp is in Enugu north local government that houses government house, government secretariat etc. Do you even know Enugu or you being emotional ? cheesy
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
Afikoo:

Then you haven't been to Abakaliki lately .

Enugu City dey learn work
Oga Abakaliki is still coming up and trying to rear it's head above the glorified town status. Do not compare it to Enugu. Because of two or three flyovers that has plenty lightings and fountains around it you are now coming to the big table to argue. Same thing with this Uyo guys- Empty streets with fine pavements, flowers, trees. Smh....
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by DModeCntStopMe: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
ngoxievergreen:
[s]You stated the fact. Don't allow these guys deceive you with their online propaganda . The only "beautiful place " in Enugu is just the area around the government house which is like .01% of the entire town. Even the pictures uploaded up there are the same government house surroundings

[/s]

Not surprised

Haters have a way of identifyng themselves

At least you can combine your tears with his

Two they say is better than one.

You can't suffer this misery alone
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
ChrisKels:

I actually thought u were smart, I really was wrong.

Prove me wrong
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by SunriseW(f): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

Who does not know that Enugu is a low population town filled with poor people? Aside state government employees, tell us what other thing that's happening in Enugu?

What yardstick do you use to measure poverty. Enugu people are very comfortable, civil servants are always paid on time 25th of every month and twice every December.
Look for poor people elsewhere, not Enugu, the people in Enugu live above poverty rate by far.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
This is PORT HARCOURT, I wonder the level of propaganda we would have seen if this is Enugu.

Mind you as at the time Enugu was the regional head quarter, PORT HARCOURT was still a fishing port. Now can you dare compare PORT HARCOURT to the village called Enugu? The truth is that Enugu hasn't grown past the colonial/provincial outlook of the 60s and 70s.

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by Abagworo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
But OP Independence layout around Okpara Square has never been a busy area. Show us Holy Ghost, Ogui, Otigba, Garki or even Chime Avenue
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by PrinceOfDark: 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
may thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mayor21:

This uyo una dey make notice about like this na was.
I know Calabar has been bad, and I believed the Uyo hype until I visited this January, damm it was nothing to write home about in terms of atmostphere only some few good infrastructures.
Bros Calabar still bests Uyo when it comes to serene environment.

I went to Abak road(where that Stadium is)
Iron road
Plaza
Four lane
Unuyo
That Library
I say, The hype eh. When it comes to serenity, greenery and neatness, Calabar no fit drop. Uyo is trying and I blame the governors after Duke for giving them Uyo guys bragging rights.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by wink2015(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
The city make sense sha !

Enugu use to be the sit of government of the former eastern region.
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by enehvictor: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
SunriseW:

People spending their money

Spending which money? Money from where? Aside civil servants, which other source of income that's in Enugu? Jokers cheesy
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by ChrisKels: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:

How's calling you a kid an insult?

How's coal camp not in the centre of Enugu TOWNSHIP? Do you know that coal camp is in Enugu north local government that houses government house, government secretariat etc. Do you even know Enugu or you being emotional ? cheesy

Coal camp center of Enugu township? Bhuhahahaha. Are u sure u have been to Enugu before? U Neva talk wetin dey pain u

Here is map of Enugu urban

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by lacasera14(m): 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
enehvictor:
This is PORT HARCOURT, I wonder the level of propaganda we would have seen if this is Enugu.

Mind you as at the time Enugu was the regional head quarter, PORT HARCOURT was still a fishing port. Now can you dare compare PORT HARCOURT to the village called Enugu? The truth is that Enugu hasn't grown past the colonial/provincial outlook of the 60s and 70s.
They would have said Enugu is the best city in the world. As it is now, they said it's the best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by cash2gold(m): 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
for ur bitcoin and perfect money kindly contact us @ 07062454526

Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=azpekuliar post=87917907][/quote]

Wow ! What a sight to behold,evidence of ageless civilization actually ! Do you know what ? As at the time our forefathers were erecting those ageless colonial structures and edifices (yes,they were edifices of their time), your progenitors were still sharing spaces with the wild monkeys in the wilderness of your accursed land.

It is not surprising though that you do not have such a heritage in your demonic land. How could you when your cave dwelling forebears were then cohabiting with wild savages ? Trust me,you are a people with no any enviable history ! No wonder,some of you cannibals still eat human flesh till date !
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by engrchykae(m): 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
majamajic:

Enugu city is the most beautiful city in the east , and the most peaceful in Nigeria , quote me anywhere

U don't run after a bus
bus run after you
Re: Enugu Streets Deserted As Coronavirus Keeps People Indoors (Photos, Video) by dododawa1: 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=majamajic post=87896362]

I ve been to both city , u don't compare the 2

There's a huge gap , enugu is in class of Abuja, Calabar and ikoyi

While ibadan is in class of mushin , onitsha and idumota

In terms of atmosphere , enugu city is second to none[/quotes] is 95% true,have visited both state as Yoruba guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Hangs On A Lady's Bonnet From Ikoyi To VI Lagos (Video) / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.