Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" (53086 Views)

Davido & Olamide Brought Out Gov Sanwo Olu To Dance & Perform Live On Stage / Daughter's Burial - Ada Ameh Begs FG, Sanwo-Olu To Allow Her Fly To Abuja / 'Mommy Calm Down’ Boy Meets Governor Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by CaptainMitch: 10:37am On Mar 30, 2020
cheesy
Kylekent59:
I had done that last week.

I just need to buy a cutlass in case if a bugler / thief enters my home.

My eyes dey red now. I can do the undo if anyone tries me this corona period.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by tonididdy(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2020
This is an uncalled for address as it will only create panic.

In a country where no price regulations monitoring team, then expect outrageous prices today.

In all of Buhari address last night, you want to lock up about 30 to 50m desperate, wicked and hungry Nigerians without any financial, mental or food support.

Lagos people y'all make sure your secure your homes. This will not be an easy 2weeks.

Always sleep with one eye open

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Their propaganda is totally useless now but then, we needed it not either. All we seek is the mercy of God. We pray God provides them all with knowledge of how best to contain the pandemic in the shortest possible time.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by tonididdy(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2020
If you are living with your gf and don't want to start a family yet... Remember to stock condoms in your wardrobes
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Lordbukas: 10:40am On Mar 30, 2020
Nigerian leaders are so incompetent!!! Do they even think before taking actions. Their policies are always selfish in nature. Just because they depend on taxpayer's money and oil revenue make them forget some Nigerians depend on their daily sweat for survival. What will people eat for 14days without money? Preventing this thing from the airport early would have been the best bet. Now it's in Nigeria, how will people survive?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Masterito(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2020
You said it all. Nigerian politicians actually are not smart people. kn
SharpJoe:
Continue creating panic and heavy spread with careless and thoughtless actions and remarks. When people rush to buy with infected ones together, will that not increase the spread?

Carryout massive testing and isolation of infected ones. The earlier the better. Lockdown will not chase the virus.

Tracing of the spread can only be done by massive testing. The money from the federal government and donors is to save lives. Not for your looting consumption.

Lockdown means nothing without testing and isolating infected ones.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Egalitarian1: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2020
Oga with which money?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Toks2008(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2020
miteolu:
Where is the money to shop?

If you can pay your staff 2 months advance. It will be nice

To think.that U.K government is paying everybody 80% of their salaries as long as this goes on and also paying business owners up to £2800 monthly to help them

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Masterito(m): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2020
Someone should tell the Lagos State Government that this is unnecessary. Why create panic in the face of poverty?
correctkidabc:

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/03/30/update-on-the-coronavirus-covid19-by-the-incident-commander-governor-babajide-sanwo-olu/

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by lacastre: 10:43am On Mar 30, 2020
14 days plus the one we don use bf....God
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by realabraham: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2020
ednut1:
Maybe this is my chance to lose weight no more fast food kai

I swear, your comment got me rolling on the floor and laughing grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Scamperlee(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2020
grin Last minutes food which sounds like last supper. The way hunger go kill many people go pass coro's own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2020
grossintel:
Buhari never gets anything right! This is unconstitutional, No responsible, democratic and civilised country will throw its Constitution and laws into the dustbin in an effort to tackle a pandemic like COVID-19 the way President Buhari has done. Freedom of movement is a fundamental right guaranteed by Section 41 of the Constitution.

No law has been passed by the National Assembly to empower Buhari to lockdown Nigeria or any part thereof on account of coronavirus. Buhari hasn't issued regulations as required under the Quarantine Act. The President has not declared a state of emergency in Lagos, Ogun or Abuja.

Of course we're in zoo republic, Buhari gave a decree and no one finds anything wrong with it. We're in democracy! Now what do people who depend on daily hustle eat? You'll beat them for going out? I give up on Nigeria!

So, if Buhari had not brought in restrictions in movement, and the corona virus had spread like wildfire....what would you have said??

Lord knows I don't like this APC government, but Corona has us by the neck. If we don't take tough measures now, what is happening in Italy would be like child's play compared to what is happening here...and Italy got that way because they did not take it serious at the word go.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by deebrain(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Our leaders are far removed from the realities of the citizens.

Shop with which money?

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Toks2008:

To think.that U.K government is paying everybody 80% of their salaries as long as this goes on and also paying business owners up to £2800 monthly to help them

It would be a good thing if Nigeria did the same.

However, we are heavily in debt. And the price of oil has fallen below what we need it to run a balanced budget. If we tried to do what the UK, and the US are doing, we would be in so severe debt...that we might as well sell the country and be done with it.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by TheSociopath(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Una no serious o, where people wan see money? At least all the billions these big men and women dey drop in billions should be shared among Nigerians..alakija gave 1billion and others too..share dis money and let everyone be ok, there won't be robbery attacks on the people who has little to survive na.p

Oga shut up. This was the lackadaisical attitude Italy displayed that made their cases worse. A lot of us dont have much but if it will save lives, we will stay at home and manage what we have. If they don't shut down everywhere, u will still complain
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Wanyor(m): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2020
Kylekent59:
I had done that last week.

I just need to buy a cutlass in case if a bugler / thief enters my home.

My eyes dey red now. I can do the undo if anyone tries me this corona period.

Guy u funny ooo����... Nor panic everything go dey alright.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Farki: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2020
A few days ago he said that a lockdown happening in Lagos was only a rumour.

On the 18th he said that panic buying was not necessary and that we can be assured that we will not starve.

https://www.nairaland.com/5747212/coronavirus-no-need-panic-buying

See this is why a lot of people hate politicians, they can never have a story and stick with it,always changing mouth and moving like a headless chicken.

Anyways the smart people in Lagos ignored the governor and got what they needed 2 weeks ago.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by deltateam: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Una no serious o, where people wan see money? At least all the billions these big men and women dey drop in billions should be shared among Nigerians..alakija gave 1billion and others too..share dis money and let everyone be ok, there won't be robbery attacks on the people who has little to survive na.p

Seriously this post is good. If they share those monies based on BVN. Every Nigerian that has a bank account should get at least #50 000.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by officerfudo: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2020
The town no funny ooo, help your neighbour to stock up. 4442004562, Eco bank. Thanks
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:
Continue creating panic and heavy spread with careless and thoughtless actions and remarks. When people rush to buy with infected ones together, will that not increase the spread?

Carryout massive testing and isolation of infected ones. The earlier the better. Lockdown will not chase the virus.

Tracing of the spread can only be done by massive testing. The money from the federal government and donors is to save lives. Not for your looting consumption.

Lockdown means nothing without testing and isolating infected ones.

Exactly. Testing only those with enough money to fly out and ignoring the multitudes who work for them is funny. The elites can't wish the majority away. The infected cooks, drivers etc will just end up infecting the Oga again and again. Na una go tire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 30, 2020
The government can dole out #1m to everyone each. The country's population is less than 300m. And more than that in the naira has been contributed by generous Nigerians... Please share the money for Nigerians and use the rest to buy materials to contain the lethal virus.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by gbemishile: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2020
Na which Kain nonsense these banks dey do now.
ACC bank just dey send message sau make I come collect loan.shey if I collect loan now,ow I go pay back for the lockdown and economic recession wey go follow.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Farki: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2020
idonhammer:
Lasgidi go red today, Biafra Land's economy keeps increasing indirectly.

It is the height of stupidity to think you are both immune and will benefit in some way.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Toks2008(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

It would be a good thing if Nigeria did the same.

However, we are heavily in debt. And the price of oil has fallen below what we need it to run a balanced budget. If we tried to do what the UK, and the US are doing, we would be in so severe debt...that we might as well sell the country and be done with it.

Lame excuse. So is U.K and U.S not in bldebts?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Didi2d(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2020
No salary yet o, my salary for March will come in April 7th.
I need financial help pls
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2020
Toks2008:

Lame excuse. So is U.K and U.S not in bldebts?

We are in worse debt.....

I am a critic of this administration, however, not too long ago, people were criticising the government for trying to take a loan of $22billion. What you are proposing involves taking an even heavier loan.

And there is no chance we would get it. Especially as we are owing cash heavily.

Also, documentation in this country is so bad, we have no way of accurately identifying who is in need and who isn't (that's why ghost workers are a recurring phenomenon here)

Finally, the US and the UK are heavily diversified economies, who have the revenues to pay off their debt. We are a monoeconomy, and taking on more debts could make our economic situation worse.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Stallion93(m): 10:58am On Mar 30, 2020
Imagine such mumu talk
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by felai: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Get this for the lockdown

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Femeto: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2020
We are making so many mistakes here dey are opening the seaports yet they are closing the cargo section of the airport. Which one is faster for you to receive medical supplies?

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by demeele: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Gtb
Savings
Help a family
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by blingxx(m): 11:00am On Mar 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
Chaiiii, so this Lagos total lockdown from tonight is real ? I swear I thought Buhari was just playing. Pease someone should just do 'mistake' an transfer money to my account, may hunger no kill me the next 14 days abeg. If I don't login on Nairaland, after 3 days from today, just know that na Buhari and Sanwo Olu kill me. Buhari, I know you don't like me and I don't like you and we don't like eachother, and eachother don't like ourselves and ourselves don't like the 2 of us but please credit my account before hunger kill me Stanbic IBTC bank, 001 851 2460! Don't turn my children to orphan embarassed. Don't turn my girlfriend to widower, she's too young, and na Lagos girl she be, she will date another guy after 6 hourscry

Incase anything happens to you gimme your gf number ,i will help you console her grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex Free Onyii Alex Shows Her New Looks / River Goddess! Tboss Goes Topless For Photoshoot (photos) / Anthony Joshua Gifts DJ Cuppy A Diamond Chain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.