Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" (52768 Views)

Davido & Olamide Brought Out Gov Sanwo Olu To Dance & Perform Live On Stage / Daughter's Burial - Ada Ameh Begs FG, Sanwo-Olu To Allow Her Fly To Abuja / 'Mommy Calm Down’ Boy Meets Governor Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Moz22: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2020
Give us money na
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Ezmans: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2020
Kylekent59:
I had done that last week.

I just need to buy a cutlass in case if a bugler / thief enters my home.

My eyes dey red now. I can do the undo if anyone tries me this corona period.
they have steal one mama put 6kg of gas & pot of beans this morning @ owede elede ketu lagos
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Perfecttouchade: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Spidermon:

Alakija didn't give shit.
check properly man mi da Spiderman
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:
[color=#000099]
Carryout massive testing and isolation of infected ones. The earlier the better. Lockdown will not chase the virus.

Lagos does not have the manpower, medical power, facility power to test everyone.

That is the reality on ground.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by stanisbaratheon: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
This one is trying to create panic in a country with capitalist economy.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Enu gbe !!
Where is the money sir??
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Brunicekid(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tattooboy:
Same thing as saying ''start panic buying now''
Exactly naa... This measure by BUHARI and SANWO-OLU is quite saddening. There should have been prior awareness of at least three - five days to all affected citizens in Lagos and Ogun States and Abuja territory, before making the pronouncement of a complete lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Spidermon: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
check properly man mi da Spiderman

I am very sure.

Modified:
I just saw a letterhead from her company announcing her donation. Good one.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by milesfelix: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
All this luck down of a thing have they discussed about the electricity because staying home without light will be so boring. Please they should work on this
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by anigbajumo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
deltateam:

Seriously this post is good. If they share those monies based on BVN. Every Nigerian that has a bank account should get at least #50 000.

U must be a jocker,u mean 40 million Nigerians will get 50k on top donation wey never reach 20billiion.50k will cost FG 2trilliom for 40mill Nigerians....That donation of less than 20billion is just 1% of 2 trillion.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Accurate4u: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
grossintel:
Buhari never gets anything right! This is unconstitutional, No responsible, democratic and civilised country will throw its Constitution and laws into the dustbin in an effort to tackle a pandemic like COVID-19 the way President Buhari has done. Freedom of movement is a fundamental right guaranteed by Section 41 of the Constitution.

No law has been passed by the National Assembly to empower Buhari to lockdown Nigeria or any part thereof on account of coronavirus. Buhari hasn't issued regulations as required under the Quarantine Act. The President has not declared a state of emergency in Lagos, Ogun or Abuja.

Of course we're in zoo republic, Buhari gave a decree and no one finds anything wrong with it. We're in democracy! Now what do people who depend on daily hustle eat? You'll beat them for going out? I give up on Nigeria!

Edited

And what makes you think a lockdown will end all this? Look at Italy, Spain, USA, Italy has been on lockdown for a month, and the government wants to extend it even more by 2 weeks, USA have been on lockdown for 2 weeks, the rate of new cases still doubled.

People say after all it worked in China, China that built 2 massive hospitals with over 1000 beds in 12 days? The commitment the government had to stop it was out of this world. Nigeria can't compare and we know it.

A lockdown only buys you time, time for what? To boost your healthcare system, USA is converting their Navy Ships to Mobile hospitals , disinfectant your environment and prepare for more sick people because people will still fall sick. The virus can survive on air for 3 solid hours! Your flat mate can still give it to you without ever coming in contact. That is why Italy is seeing very minor improvements and people are becoming impatient. Is Buhari committed to fix our healthcare? Is he ready to go the route developed countries are taking? Let's bet! This lockdown will only be extended more and more because it will reflect almost nothing except we make a drastic improvements to our healthcare and hygen etc.
oga na story u dey talk, government is fighting for the surviving of it's citizen u dey talk of constitution...... Abeg keep your idea to your pocket

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Accurate4u: 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
otiwisdom:
No matter the news people must complain
. Don't mind them my brother, government close border they'll talk, government no close border they'll still talk..... Nawa for people ooo

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Toshlek(f): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
Last minute shopping!!!
WITH WHICH MONEY EXACTLY
Sighsssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Amya:

300m Naira equals 1 million for 300 people.
1 billion naira equals 1m for just 1000 people. 10 billion Naira equals 1m for 10,000 people only. Nigeria population is more than 200,000,000 (200 million) Do the maths..
Thanks for that. But at least something could still be done to alleviate the poverty the corona virus will cause. Otherwise people will run amok.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by deltateam: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
anigbajumo:

U must be a jocker,u mean 40 million Nigerians will get 50k on top donation wey never reach 20billiion.50k will cost FG 2trilliom for 40mill Nigerians....That donation of less than 20billion is just 1% of 2 trillion.

Then let them augment it.

Abacha's loot and yearly budgets didn't cripple the economy.

This won't scratch it.

Other countries are doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by olaztek(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kylekent59:
I had done that last week.

I just need to buy a cutlass in case if a bugler / thief enters my home.

My eyes dey red now. I can do the undo if anyone tries me this corona period.
You also need a pistol to face armed robbers.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Klington: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
typical Nigerian political method.

No one cares to know if you have any money to buy anything or not.

When the people whose daily feeding comes from their daily activities throng the streets in search of food,

they'll call them disobedient citizens

May God help us to scale through

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Freshprince777: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Does it mean that Telecommunications Staffs can't contract the disease by going to work in the office? Nawa o
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Izaya3(m): 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
I trust in GOD
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by SharpJoe: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Weselion:

Lagos does not have the manpower, medical power, facility power to test everyone.

That is the reality on ground.

So what are the billions from the Federal government and donors for? The governor should invest it in getting manpower (recruitment), medical hands (training), facility (heck turn schools to isolation grounds and source testing kits to achieve this. Same should go on in all States.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
With which money. These people are mad... Sanwo olu is using this thing to create more panic that what's needed.

How about they use the billions and billions they were given to.
1. Make these sanitizer and facial masks and gloves and share them to the public at designated busstops.

2. Use the money to create free testing centre's. At the nearest busstops.

Also this is the time for every Rich man, to help his people. It's not too much if you buy foodstuffs and share them in your community at least.

Well it's your money . Do what you like.

Even USA is not on complete lockdown.

Corona as for you I will advise you to leave when the applauding is loud. If not when your treatment comes out, it will be as cheap and easy as Paracetamol 50naira.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by dederocs(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Humanity must come to its senses, retrace its steps from greed, or come to self destruct.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by cash2gold(m): 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
for ur bitcoin and perfect money kindly contact us @ 07062454526

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
the mother of all shopping spree starts now in Lagos, traders and market women are going for the kill.

unlimited price increment.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by umykal: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
correctkidabc:

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/03/30/update-on-the-coronavirus-covid19-by-the-incident-commander-governor-babajide-sanwo-olu/

Last minute shopping is for those that have the money. What will happen to the poor Nigerians who can't afford to buy food items that will last more than a day for them?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by ordovicianonly(f): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
They keep donating monies in billions of Naira which is now trillions .Where do you want people to see money to shop when they have not been working for the past one month ? No sales for people who are selling ,no salaries for salary earners yet you expect them to use their blood to do shopping . Hunger will affect most people than the virus itself . Government is not trying at all

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by bizhop01: 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
What's about those that have no money?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by LifeCoachAndre: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
This last minute shopping will only cause last minute spread of the virus. People should have been told to stay at home and arrangement put in place for social distance shopping. The last minute panic buying done by Buhari is likely the straw that broke the camels back
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Osonddu: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Yuceeluv:
every state should do their last shoppong now because lagos lockdown=nigeria's lockdown.
Abeg if na play stop am
Just face your State
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Tunex252(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
MYHUBBY:
I need to commend Sanwoolu for his proactive against this epidemic global disaster but I can't hide the fact that these people don't know what average Nigerians are passing through, if they'd they won't be reiterating this do last shopping bla bla, stay indoors shit with no provision of life sustainability

my last 5k was debited at the POS without payment and I've to wait for 7 working days before it could be refunded according to that heartless Firstbank

so which money does someone like me or helpless Nigerians want to use to do last shopping. at this period, this is a sad time to be a Nigerians even when family members don't even know you exist, not to talk of assisting

just because of one man stupidity and inability to shut down the airport on time, 150m helpless Nigerians have to face such emotional trauma

it's sad to be a Nigerian this trying time
Bro I really want to ask you a question about that pos stuff, pls quote me back if u get this
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Osonddu: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
idonhammer:
Lasgidi go red today, Biafra Land's economy keeps increasing indirectly.
you're funny grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folarin Alakija’s Wedding Beats Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding / Nneze Richards Skydives In Dubai, Pictured At Buckingham Palace In London / Tboss Stuns In Short Gown Amid Pregnancy Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.