Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Religion is confusing me. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion is confusing me. (2454 Views)

This Bible Verse Is Confusing Put Me Through / This Is Confusing Me / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion is confusing me. by emmaodet: 1:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Take away Satan and the very pillars holding the church will crumble like a pack of cards.
The Christian church need Satan to survive.
Could Satan be the pillar holding the church?
Re: Religion is confusing me. by pesty100(m): 5:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Image123:
Eeyah, a confused lying masturbated sissy sinner is confused yet again. So what should we do about this one now? This one too would claim Christian while he's just an initially hellbound every day sinner like every other atheist. Confused lots.
i see think that you will enter heaven? Chai, na hell fire � you go enter just like the rest of us.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
emmaodet:
Take away Satan and the very pillars holding the church will crumble like a pack of cards.
The Christian church need Satan to survive.
Could Satan be the pillar holding the church?
And the so called satan is indistructible...

With all the prayers we have been raining on satan still he is strong and unshaken.

Seun lalasticlala please move this topic to fp we need to have wilder discussion on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:54am On Apr 03, 2020
GuyWise101:

And the so called satan is indistructible...

With all the prayers we have been raining on satan still he is strong and unshaken.

Seun lalasticlala please move this topic to fp we need to have wilder discussion on this.
Hi there, with all the prayers... most of the negative and immoral things going on are usually man's evil desire but, it's not uncommon many blame the devil. Resist the devil and he will run from you.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Image123(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
pesty100:
i see think that you will enter heaven? Chai, na hell fire � you go enter just like the rest of us.

You hold the keys right, or you changed the criteria in your backyard.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by chijokz(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DON'T STOP ASKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE. YOU'LL NOT LEARN ANYTHING BY ASKING THOSE WHO WOULD JUST SHUT YOU UP BY TELLING YOU "GOD DIT IT" OR SAY THAT YOU'LL GO TO HELL FOR ASKING THINGS.

QUESTION EVERYTHING!
CAPSLOCKED..what's your opinion on COVID-19 pandemic? I believe it's from pangolins or bats slaughted in wet markets in Wuhan.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by pesty100(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Image123:

You hold the keys right, or you changed the criteria in your backyard.
elucidate
Re: Religion is confusing me. by shadeyinka(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
GuyWise101:
I am a young guy who once believed in God and loved the work of God but now some situations are drawing me to doubt his exitence.

If God is real why are there so many evil in the world? (satan?) Is Satan that powerful that God couldn't and havn't destroyed him since creation.

If God is real why is it that when we pray it will go unanwsered? (the bible says, even if we pray we can't change the mind of God that he works in his own time.

What is Gods time; maybe when you have worked hard to achieve your dream).

When someone die, we say it is God's plan, God to me looks like a dictator and not a father, he decides when to kill you without your consent even when you pray for more life it will go unanswered.

Why is there EVIL in the World if there is God?
The world is a place of selection of the desired from amongst great evil and trial. Evil will increase and triumph until the last of the elect ceases to exist

Is Satan that powerful that God couldn't and havn't destroyed him since creation.
Satan isn't the source of 99.999% of the problems of evil in the world. Even if satan is arrested and chained, EVIL will not reduce amongst men. We all are corrupted with the VIRUS of sin and selfishness.

If God is real why is it that when we pray it will go unanwsered?
It takes FAITH for prayers to be effectual!
Faith is a spiritual currency. You cannot purchase more than you have in your spiritual account. Is it possible for you to use your N51,300 in your purse to purchase a 2019 Bentley?
Yes, you have some money BUT sorry it can't even purchase tires of a Bentley. Such is Faith.

How much faith do you have in your account?

(the bible says, even if we pray we can't change the mind of God that he works in his own time.
Even though the bible didn't say this: some events can be changed physically, some changed spiritually, and some changed psychologically but some are also unchangeable no matter what. It's the way the universe has been designed from the beginning.

Is it possible to prevent the sun from shinning for 48 straight hours?
Is it possible to build a house in 48hours? Of course yes! Is it possible to be encouraged from a state of despair to confidence in 48 hours? Of course yes!

What is Gods time; maybe when you have worked hard to achieve your dream).
It is humans that attributes things they don't understand to God. But is that really true?
God Has set up rules/laws for everything! There are physical laws, biological laws, chemical laws, psychological laws, spiritual laws, etc. There are consequences when the laws are misused...

Death?
Death is not evil. It's just a change of state of a person from physical to spiritual.

If God sees that a car accident has mangled your body, is it wickedness to recall you back to himself?
If your body cannot cope with warding off Corona Virus, should the spirit you be compulsorily confined to your body?

Your knowledge of God is seriously flawed and its most likely from the so called men of God who teach that God is a solution charm/talisman.

The purpose of Christianity is not as a solution to man's physical problems BUT having a relationship with God your creator for securing your place in eternity with Him.

If God doesn't exist, and the universe has an orgin, then: what created the universe?

1 Like

Re: Religion is confusing me. by shadeyinka(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
beardlessdude:
There is no God Anywhere. My own hope in life is To be extremely successful by hardwork, discipline and perseverance. Not gods Grace. There is no God nywhere.
And you will woefully fail.

Hardwork, Dedication, Investment and planing does NOT guarantee success!

It's either you are given from above or not. Can't you see that DJ Cuppy does not have to struggle to be successful? Buhari's children do not have to work hard to be successful. The most intelligent human beings are at best professors in a university. The best footballers in the world may have a life changing injury at their teenage years.

In 10 years time, I hope you'll remember this and be wise.

The world is a big reality exam field. Don't waste your opportunity to secure your eternity!
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
shadeyinka:

And you will woefully fail.

Hardwork, Dedication, Investment and planing does NOT guarantee success!

It's either you are given from above or not. Can't you see that DJ Cuppy does not have to struggle to be successful? Buhari's children do not have to work hard to be successful. The most intelligent human beings are at best professors in a university. The best footballers in the world may have a life changing injury at their teenage years.

In 10 years time, I hope you'll remember this and be wise.

The world is a big reality exam field. Don't waste your opportunity to secure your eternity!
please dont quote Me next time. Run away from my posts. Thank you sir
Re: Religion is confusing me. by shadeyinka(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
beardlessdude:
please dont quote Me next time. Run away from my posts. Thank you sir
Your time starts now!
3650 days countdown!
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
shadeyinka:

Your time starts now!
3650 days countdown!
grin
Re: Religion is confusing me. by emmaodet: 1:26am On Apr 04, 2020
Pastor: I AM PRAYING FOR YOU
Pastor gives members prayer points...
Members give pastor money.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, PASTOR IS BETTER OFF THAN ALL THE MEMBERS.

1 Like

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Image123(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
pesty100:
elucidate

Elucidate what? That you think i will not make heaven while you will in your sinfulness?
Re: Religion is confusing me. by pesty100(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Image123:

Elucidate what? That you think i will not make heaven while you will in your sinfulness?
oh! What I have said is that we are both going to hell fire
Re: Religion is confusing me. by tosin481: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Before you finally change your mind, read this please...
https://www.nairaland.com/5775808/covid-19-answer-cure-revealed
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Image123(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
pesty100:
oh! What I have said is that we are both going to hell fire

Because?
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP, we are in the same shoes, but I have come to the conclusion that the so called God is not anywhere out there.from time immemorial, the world is too evil and vile to be created by any Man loving God/being anywhere. I Would have said that if a god created humans to just suffer and die, then what is the aim of creating man in the first place?? all in all, God is man made, he exist just in the imagination of man.

No,get to know him more than answering your prayers.If God answers everybody prayer,humans will forget about him and see no use of him to them since are moving well.If you have a son,you give him all he wanted,see he will quickly forget you but will only run to you when he need help.So is human being to GOD.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 20, 2020
God is real but he is not what you think he is.
from the Bible God has characters and these characters are the principle in which he does things.
For example God is love, God is truth, God is righteous, God is immutable, He is Holy, He is faithful and full of mercy.
God created humans to have free will to either choose or reject his way because love does not force his way and also to be able to know the truth we must know that there is something called lie, to know righteousness then we must know that there is something called evil.
The problem in the world is as a result of wrong choices made by individuals and collectively as a people.
If you plant an Apple you will get back an Apple this is inline with God's character as righteous and true. You make wrong choices God does not punish you as you deserve it is still by his mercy, although no body will ultimately escaped the reward of wrong choices either dead or alive but yet God provides a way of escape, a way which does not violate his divine characters in such a way that you escape sin and its consequences, this way is the Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross. The cross ensures that God's characters are fully satisfied and we find Grace without bearing our trespasses but still we have the right to choose or reject this way, rejecting this way means we cannot escape justice for all our wrong doing. This justice is completely exerted on anyone who reject God's solution at the final judgment. such person would found himself in the lake of fire for all eternity.

God will not override your choices but he offers advice and warnings so that you can make right decision
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Jun 20, 2020
GuyWise101:
I am a young guy who once believed in God and loved the work of God but now some situations are drawing me to doubt the exitence of God.

If God is real why are there so many evil in the world? (satan?) is Satan that powerful that couldn't and havn't destroyed him since creation.

If God is real why is it that when we pray it will go unanswered (the bible says, even if we pray we can't change the mind of God that he works in his own time) so why then are we mandated again to pray all time according to same bible.

When someone die, we say it is God's plan, God to me looks like a dictator and not a father, he decides when to kill you without your consent even if you pray for more life it will go unanswered...

Religion and bible are confusing, I have change my view of life and have stopped decieving myself in the name of fasting and praying

Religion is man-made. God never asked anyone to bind themselves to religions. If you have ever really read that bible on your own, abandoning any previous ideas you may have been fed of what is written, you would know this.

All God has asked people to is trust Him and most of all Obey Him.

Now if you found you had diligently sought God, instead of religion, you would probably not have written what you have there, because much of what you have above speaks of what is obtained from a religious view of God and the things of God.

I hate religion because it is anti-Christ/anti-God in every wise.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2021
Lalasticlala rocktation seun
Re: Religion is confusing me. by shadeyinka(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2021
GuyWise101:
Convid19 is spreading rapidly in Nigeria the headquater of prayer warriors.

Imams and Pastors in Nigeria are uncountable yet the God we worship day and night are silent on our prayers to eradicate sickness, terrorist and corrupt politicians in our country.

If praying and worshiping is working Nigeria would have been better than USA cause we have done enough of it since the white man came...... lol
It looks like you have believed in a wrong God all these years. If you had known Him, it would have cost you a rebellion to reject Him.

Can one "unknow" someone you once knew?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Come and see Messiah!!! / I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me / Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.