Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? (64755 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by byinks(f): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
foreshore:

Agent of doom please leave our midst. God will shock their expectation. Nothing as such will happen here. You can follow them too if you like

We need to repent and turn back to God.

I saw evidence yesterday that God is going to clear off a lot of unrepentant Nigerians and your government is preparing for it.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ekevwe(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

Last week France evacuated her citizens from Nigeria.

Yesterday Israel evacuated their citizens.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

The reasons are

1. Lack of facilities
2. No proper statistics of affected
3. It could get worst.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ofiko123(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
blackslayer:
Nigeria is a death trap! Non-functional health care system.

I tell you..serious death trap..
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think its their practice to evacuate their citizens in times like this
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by lucianohase(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
They think that Nigeria will be overwhelmed, when the novel virus hits the country hard! Since they know that we have a government that is so corrupt and thinks less of the well being of her citizens.

So in their minds they expect Nigeria to be the epicenter of the of the exponential increase in the spread of the virus, knowing full well that our leaders care more of themselves and not their citizens. Which is our county's weak point....

Imagine, infectious disease facility immediate response , we have zero.....zero in the sense that the health workers become so selective .....class / status minded. To be honest, these guys know they can't bank on us to contain it with the present administration that think more of cattles than humans. A country that generally has a Laissez-faire attitude when dealing with sensitive issues like this.....

Our leaders think more of what they will get out of this situation when it has nothing to do with them ( those that belong to high classed status) .

That's why they can't trust us to handle such situation .
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by KaptainAfrika: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
My own is that they going away with those their fresh fair adult daughters and wives....
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by duro4chang(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
DozieInc:
What a child cannot see while standing the elders have seen while seated.
In God WE trust.
What can they see ? If they are as visionary as you think , they would not have put the entire world into this mess. They are dying but we are surving it. Let them go with their virus.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Bluffly: 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Not just from Nigeria but across the world
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by havilla(f): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Why should this be our problem or concern at this moment?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by slivertongue: 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
blackboy:
They fear chaos in Nigeria as they know an hungry man is dangerous and they know our government dont know how to take care of its ppl
the evacuation is beyond the pandemic, they fear the economy may collapse and thus lead to crises
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Hassan88(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Simple,
They know that Nigerian Government is Selfish.

And can not take care of her Citizens
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by boom99(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Just went out now to buy fruit. 7:30pm. Crowd of people roaming as if d virus respect evening.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by nkemdi89(f): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
There is nothing to be alarmed about, they just only want to be with their families, most of them couldn't travel due to workload before the lockdown.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by madridsta007(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

The reasons are not actually medical reasons. They know that a "lockdown" as copied by Nigerian regime from the West is not short or medium term sustainable and will lead to a breakdown in law and order. Their intelligence agencies have run the simulation and their models have informed the decision to evacuate.
You dont extrapolate what societies with near-perfect systems and stronger economies do and implement it in a weak, failed state with failed infrastructure.
That is creating a a situation for anarchy. That is foolishness.

Thanks to the Buhari as given to Nigerians by the South West and the North, the situation will unravel very, very quickly.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by spiritmasquerad(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:

Why are we still seeing these people as gods that see the future but can't save their own people?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by promotervickky(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Some people underestimate Nigeria. Until Nigeria go do am for their eye.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Vikynas: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Faithful007:
Its happening in all countries as well check social media pages of us embassy in all other countries. there is nothing special going on with Nigeria. They just want to take those that wish to return but cannot due to lockdown.
You are right.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by banhammy: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Let them carry their wahala go
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by EnterpriseMan: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
uchman:

The answer is on the last paragraph...

We joke with everything in this country.
Those countries evacuating their citizens has been in this Covid 19 war before us,
they know exactly that this is not war female run,
holding their breast...

We are not serious here...
There supposed to be lockdown yesterday in Anambra state but my people moves around freely,
just that markets closed.

I was imagining this lockdown to be what I used to see on Facebook in other countries where you wont even see 1 person on the street but everybody was moving freely yesterday...

Me I even go mechanic go repair my car but we still dey lockdown...

Yea me too. went to watch a movie

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
sojayy:
Despite the fact that they're most affected, they re stiil evacuating thier citizens......this people have seen what Nigerians are not seeing. The lord is our strength n he'll see us through.

Laslas we go dey alright
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by crazycrypto710: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
They don't trust our health institutions and Government to tackle the pandemic when it gets out of hand, which is true. You would do thesame if you find yourself in a similar situation, nobody will want to play Russian roulette with it's own citizens, @least for those who value theirs.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Meritocracy: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:

They know we don't have facilities and fear of Chinese donation we joyfully accepted. The reasons for evacuation is clear to them since Nigeria leaders like to cover up open secret.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by bionixs: 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:

they will be disappointed. It is not by power ooo. If by power, corona would have started first in Nigeria . Who frequent China like Nigerians?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by enemyofprogress: 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because naija own is still doing rehearsals. By the time we go start our own corona the whole world go pity us. If you know you know
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
This is a question from a very inferior mind, I can never answer it. Good luck
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Ddy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Faithful007:
Its happening in all countries as well check social media pages of us embassy in all other countries. there is nothing special going on with Nigeria. They just want to take those that wish to return but cannot due to lockdown.

How many Nigerian flight are out there to bring Nigerians home?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by donbenz(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nothing is going to happen to us. The almighty will protect us from this man made virus. Nothing is ahead of this great nation but good news.Amen!
iykbethany:

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Amanda4life: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
Not just becuase or corona virus but because of crises that will come with it .

They know that Nigerian government is not capable of handling the crises

After all we have better weather than them
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Butoneday2(m): 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:

my brother there is this news about face masks and hand gloves send to Nigeria from China and all of them was infected with this virus that is the reason why they're evacuating their people. Pls this is not joke people should stop buying this face masks and hand gloves that comes from China. Pls help me broadcast this news it is real not fake. Thanks.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by DavidEsq(m): 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
They know that Nigerians would soon start dropping like flies. They know we aren't ready. They government officials would eat the money allocated for this issues. They just know us finish
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by okenwa216(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Everybody wants to be with their family this time.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by rovher: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
DozieInc:
What a child cannot see while standing the elders have seen while seated.
In God WE trust.
Best illustration bro ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos / Peace Mass Transit Limited: What It Takes To Get To The Top - Samuel Onyishi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.