Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? (64749 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by uchrikk(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
uchman:

The answer is on the last paragraph...

We joke with everything in this country.
Those countries evacuating their citizens has been in this Covid 19 war before us,
they know exactly that this is not war female run,
holding their breast...

We are not serious here...
There supposed to be lockdown yesterday in Anambra state but my people moves around freely,
just that markets closed.

I was imagining this lockdown to be what I used to see on Facebook in other countries where you wont even see 1 person on the street but everybody was moving freely yesterday...

Me I even go mechanic go repair my car but we still dey lockdown...

The real lockdown will start when we see headlines like this one:
"811 People Die of COVID19 Within the Last 24 Hours in Nigeria"
That time, no matter how hard you try, you won't see anybody in the streets of Lagos. Then somebody will offer you double of the amount for repairing your car, you no go gree go mechanic.

OP, I hope this explains why the foreigners are leaving. Only few Nigerians are really aware of the situation at hand and they not obeying directives.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Kyukastan: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

Last week France evacuated her citizens from Nigeria.

Yesterday Israel evacuated their citizens.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

I can assure you by the mercy of God Almighty that Nigeria will pull through this with few death.

Play your path by staying safe.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Locs2020(f): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
They know our leaders are farmers, Nigeria is a poultry and we citizens are chickens.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by APCNig: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

They want their citizens to die in their fathers' land. Nigeria has managed this crisis more than any of these mother fuccking developed nations. We have recorded TWO DEATHS while several of these so called developed nations have recorded thousands of deaths. Fucck them all.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by sofiscatedmoron: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:

In time like this everyone needs to be home, u r Home,, they also need to be home
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Izigha(m): 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
bionixs:
they will be disappointed. It is not by power ooo. If by power, corona would have started first in Nigeria . Who frequent China like Nigerians?
There are more Americans any day in China than Nigerians
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by amaks: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
I guess because it's cheaper and less cumbersome to transport a living person than ti transport a corpse.
If worse case they'll end up getting infected they rather die at home than die here.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Kayharry(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Their citizens are calling for it. That why. And its. Not free. Cost as much as 2000 to 4000 dol
it's free bro .
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Juniorangel(m): 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
First Name: CORONA
Surname: VIRUS
NickName: COVID
Nationality: CHINA
Next of kin : HANTA VIRUS
Hobby : Traveling and spreading
Favorite Food: LUNGS
Favorite Country: Italy
Dislikes : Alcohol
Guarantor : HIV
Relative:EBOLA
Friend: Monkey pox
Ancestor: Bird flu
Great grand father: Lassa fever
What else am I missing ?abeg make una laugh small���
���,Pls stay at home.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by CanadaOrBust: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:
A whole Nigeria have less than 500 ventilators, while New York alone have 11,000 ventilators.

We don't have the facilities and equipments
koolaid87, APCNig

Then again same NY had 146 deaths yesterday from coro in 24hrs. How many has the entire Nigeria had??

Let me never hear anybody again complain about our hot weather, hot sun, and malaria. But for those things by this time Italy would be nothing compared to us!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Butoneday2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Butoneday2:
my brother there is this news about face masks and hand gloves send to Nigeria from China and all of them was infected with this virus that is the reason why they're evacuating their people. Pls this is not joke people should stop buying this face masks and hand gloves that comes from China. Pls help me broadcast this news it is real not fake. Thanks.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by koolaid87: 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Faithful007:
Its happening in all countries as well check social media pages of us embassy in all other countries. there is nothing special going on with Nigeria. They just want to take those that wish to return but cannot due to lockdown.

Yes definitely there is something coming up.

If countries with good medical facilities cry over the tsunami then a developing nation like Nigeria should expect worse.

People protesting in the street, some pastors and imams disregarding the threat, politicians holding rallies. Afrikans are not taking it serious and our cases just started.

Just being real
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ekesol: 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Maybe they think this might be the end of the union called Nigeria. In preparation for Buhari hand over to a dismembered country.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by CanadaOrBust: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
Juniorangel:
First Name: CORONA
Surname: VIRUS
NickName: COVID
Nationality: CHINA
Next of kin : HANTA VIRUS
Hobby : Traveling and spreading
Favorite Food: LUNGS
Favorite Country: Italy
Dislikes : Alcohol
Guarantor : HIV
Relative:EBOLA
Friend: Monkey pox
Ancestor: Bird flu
Great grand father: Lassa fever
What else am I missing ?abeg make una laugh small���
���,Pls stay at home.

Creative.
Relative should be SARS not Ebola - both are from the same country!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
They say that it is in times of need that you get to find out who your true friends are.
White racist nations are not our friends.

The only times when these white racist nations have evacuated citizen from countries before is just be they launch a war against that country.

Usually a prelude to carpet bombing.

we can only speculate what evil they have planned for Nigeria.

Maybe they will now release the deadly bioweapon version on Nigeria that will kill millions.

We are all sitting ducks because they have locked us down at home
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Igahbarr: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
Are their countries safer than Nigeria? I don't think so.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Basher8583: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
uchman:

The answer is on the last paragraph...

We joke with everything in this country.
Those countries evacuating their citizens has been in this Covid 19 war before us,
they know exactly that this is not war female run,
holding their breast...

We are not serious here...
There supposed to be lockdown yesterday in Anambra state but my people moves around freely,
just that markets closed.

I was imagining this lockdown to be what I used to see on Facebook in other countries where you wont even see 1 person on the street but everybody was moving freely yesterday...

Me I even go mechanic go repair my car but we still dey lockdown...

You don't seem to have an idea how they are dropping like flies in the Western world. It's enough for them to fully lock down trust me.
Now the question is are we dropping like flies. NO.
Even the casualties did not actually die as a result of coronavirus. They had underlining ailments that were already life-threatening and did not die of respiratory ailments which is the trademark of coronavirus death. So at times I wonder why they have to list them as death related to coronavirus.

Anyway coronavirus has been in this country for at least a month (Index case was anounced on 27th of Feb 2020
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Nigeria)
so shouldn't we have started seeing more death than what has been announced.
So why should you be panicking.

Let them evacuate whoever they want to evacuate they are not doing themselves any good at all. It's a suicide mission. They are just sending them back home to go and face the high risk of getting infected. That was what the Americans did when they evacuated their citizens all the way from China back to USA just for them to contract or infect others with coronavirus.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by bionixs: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Izigha:

There are more Americans any day in China than Nigerians
really? Is like you live there or google says so
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by chaloskyx: 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because its the normal thing for any right thinking government to do it doesnt have to do with the fact that they think our cases are going to implode its just a way of governments telling their citizens that they care even if they are miles away. you only think this way because Nigerian government has never shown empathy or respect for its citizens or people. rater the government feel its citizens just constitute a nuisance and a stumbling block to their corrupt practices thats all they see you as, they dont see you as a contributing factor to the existence of a country Nigeria. and this has in turn distorted your mindset to what really a government should be all about. its the same reason they take all Nigerian citizens as fools cause you guys dont even know your rights as a people and that your leaders are actually accountable to you without you there is no one to govern or lead. so please Nigerians ITS TIME TO WAKE UP AND STOP BEHAVING LIKE SLAVES AND DUMMIES TO THESE POLITICIANS WHO TAKE YOU FOR GRANTED TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR COUNTRY ITS YOUR RIGHT..........JESUS WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DAFT LIKE THIS
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by aloo9ice(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
They new we take everything for granted and they valued their citizens. There is lockdown in everystate and some people are still going to work while some are still moving and roaming freely around instead of stay at home.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by millhouse: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
What will they be doing here ... most are residing in Abuja and lagos , with the president lock down being implemented in both cities ,commercial activities have come to a total halt , they have little or nothing to do than sit in their hotels or apartments , better they leave to their countries till things normalize .
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Igahbarr: 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nothing de happen cos God dey!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Roozzaay(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
After seeing this tweet you still come here to post in the rubbish, to post in the nonsense abi undecided
I know most of you evil minded wishes convid-19 to have claimed like millions fellow countrymen lives by now. If you wish for danger and tsunami, kindly ask heaven to drop it on your households, stop involving poor Nigerians.

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 9:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
DozieInc:
What a child cannot see while standing the elders have seen while seated.
In God WE trust.

You will soon find out how useless that GOD is....
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Igahbarr:
Nothing de happen cos God dey!

I just pity you! God dey where?

God no dey Italy abi?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
chaloskyx:
Because its the normal thing for any right thinking government to do it doesnt have to do with the fact that they think our cases are going to implode its just a way of governments telling their citizens that they care even if they are miles away. you only think this way because Nigerian government has never shown empathy or respect for its citizens or people. rater the government feel its citizens just constitute a nuisance and a stumbling block to their corrupt practices thats all they see you as, they dont see you as a contributing factor to the existence of a country Nigeria. and this has in turn distorted your mindset to what really a government should be all about. its the same reason they take all Nigerian citizens as fools cause you guys dont even know your rights as a people and that your leaders are actually accountable to you without you there is no one to govern or lead. so please Nigerians ITS TIME TO WAKE UP AND STOP BEHAVING LIKE SLAVES AND DUMMIES TO THESE POLITICIANS WHO TAKE YOU FOR GRANTED TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR COUNTRY ITS YOUR RIGHT..........JESUS WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE DAFT LIKE THIS

90% of Nigerians don't pay tax so they can't go around questioning or challenging the government. And also what exactly are we existing for if we cannot even grow enough food for ourselves. Are we useful to the world?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Igahbarr: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

I just pity you! God dey where?

God no dey Italy abi?
Pity yourself. My God dey!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
GenBuhari:
They say that it is in times of need that you get to find out who your true friends are.
White racist nations are not our friends.

The only times when these white racist nations have evacuated citizen from countries before is just be they launch a war against that country.

Usually a prelude to carpet bombing.

we can only speculate what evil they have planned for Nigeria.

Maybe they will now release the deadly bioweapon version on Nigeria that will kill millions.

We are all sitting ducks because they have locked us down at home

We are no longer useful to the world. We have been nothing but a primitive bunch of useless people. Imagine that we cannot grow enough food to eat and we turn our homelands into a wretched barren zone because of laziness, cluelessness, living just for sex, stupid race that failed to evolve and change with times. Lazy lazy indolent people.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
As American man die for Ekiti & Gbagada healthcare workers run for Lagos from Egyptian man, all foreigners in Nigeria don sooji...
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MusaChukwudi: 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Igahbarr:

Pity yourself. My God dey!

Dey where?

If you die now your people will fold hand and say na the will of God. Se God no dey Italy, Spain or New York? Oh, he dey abia state in Nigeria.

We will die of ignorance!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by techliteup: 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad cos baba coviik 1.9 is dumb upstairs,confused
Pls let us learn how to respect our elders. I am not Buhari fan Neither am I a Nigerian. You can never see an American citizens insulting their president in public. Even though we are blacks let us learn from the white
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by DozieInc(m): 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
duro4chang:
What can they see ? If they are as visionary as you think , they would not have put the entire world into this mess. They are dying but we are surving it. Let them go with their virus.
Valid point. Perhaps they think the situation will be mismanaged

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos / My experience in Bahrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.