Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77858 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Hahjascho(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Groanings by lots of patriotic citizens. That's what we hear and read day by day but, how do Governmental bodies get to see these tenable complains?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by lookingfly: 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.
op, e dey your blood, naija pikin na always naija pikin. Them say sit at home, wetin carry you go outside go de snap picture?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Gten(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
[b][/b]
dainformant:
The prestigious University of Limerick has been shut down as all other schools in Ireland. The students are being taught online by the lecturers. The assignments, tests, exams and even project are being done online. The university has been shut down till summer as the school has offered its premises in the fight against coronavirus. The access to the campus has been cut off as can be seen below.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bionixs: 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

Jolly just come, you know I'm telling the truth, Nigerians ain't shit in Ireland.

I'm here so long have seen it all . ..

The 350 EUR is crap .. you'll understand later.
really? One is taking care of her two cousins in a private university. The other friend has changed the entire family. They visited Nigeria September last year. If you see freshness eeh

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
I think you can only say what you know. I spent 32.90 euro on shopping today. See my ticket below. The last time I went for shopping was 2 weeks ago. It depends on your spending capability. You don't want to expose me yet you are calling me a liar. Please, expose me.... I beg you.
Why didn't they add d bananas & vodka there?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
Irish those people like potatoes no b small.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by micflo28(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
No longer fashionablem to claim to be living abroad. This happened to Nigeria and the govt lock us down in empty bellies. They are asking for revolution after a week when the center can no longer hold.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Jabioro: 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad
Is because you're stubborn..But now you have learned your lesson in hard way..You have been forgiven .. After the chaos pack your bags and baggages and move to your choice country..
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bionixs: 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
nextstep:

I am a rational human being who realizes that it's not the tears and calling on God that saves lives. It's the dispassionate understanding of natural phenomena, and how to influence it to our benefit. Whether it's viruses, floods, asteroids... prayer has not yet shown to be effective.

Don't believe me: please point me to a single example in the real world where prayer has regrown a limb so a cripple could use his legs again. It seems prayers work for most things except cripples.

Viruses and bacteria are natural and have always been around. Antivirals and antibiotics are also natural (in the sense that they are elements and molecules arranged in such a way that they affect viruses and bacteria). The arrangement may need human understanding to be manufactured, but it most cases (like penicillin), it was the discovery that chemicals from a certain fungus did harm to bacteria.
oga sir, I am sorry to say,” you are no where”. Try harder. It is only an ungrateful MADMEN that haven’t realised that God is the one to turn to in a time like this. Not referring to you in particular
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by axeman10(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.

Why do you people like misinforming Nigerians??

The €350 is for those earning between €38k-75k per annum (that is a minimum of €730 per week), whose jobs were affected by the lock down and cannot work from home.. Or business owners who were forced to close their businesses but still have to pay staff.

Surely, you are not getting this money...otherwise you'll be well informed. I live in Dublin and rent is €1000-1500 a month... That money is not even enough to pay mortgage... Stop spewing thrash and misinforming people.
Nigerian government is not doing enough but don't make it look like you are in paradise in Ireland either. No government in the world is father Christmas.

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by okoroemeka(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Every other country is fumigating her country.

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia
haaaaahaaaa !! very hilarious, don't you think otapiapia will kill us faster than the virus,but at least it will kill off mosquitoes and cockroaches.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:

Okay we that are paying tax here in Nigeria with nothing to show for it we be mumu ba?

If you don't know, university education is subsidized, treatment in general/govt hospitals is subsidized, the roads being constructed in your state where do you think the money comes from? do you expect me to start listing everything for you? our leaders are bad but I can still pick some things tax are being used for. True much more should be done
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by mu2sa2: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
luxy44:
50 to 70 for groceries Please correct this, it is more than that
It seems deliberate to deceive the gullible.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by rusher14: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
ecclize:

STFU

You think you are being funny.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GreatResearcher1: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
Hope you don't take and give bribe?
Hope you don't dump refuse anywhere?
Hope you don't litter our roads with bottle, can of drinks and such?
Hope you don't criticise Government base on political, tribal sentiment but patriotism based?
Hope you don't defend corrupt officials either related or not?
Hope you observe and comport yourself in accordance with the law of our land?
Hope you.................?
If we keep doing what is right, it isn't a rocket science that we'll get to promise Land days to come!
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[s][/s]
I dont know u but i love u
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Omo coronarivus ti take over..
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ezewealth(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
China has cook the food the whole world is eating, if the whole world join hand cook food for china, will they finish it?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Siberia01(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
is this Ireland or Uyo ?? looks like streets in Uyo
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
axeman10:

Why do you people like misinforming Nigerians??

The €350 is for those earning between €38k-75k per annum (that is a minimum of €730 per week), whose jobs were affected by the lock down and cannot work from home.. Or business owners who were forced to close their businesses but still have to pay staff.

Surely, you are not getting this money...otherwise you'll be well informed. I live in Dublin and rent is €1000-1500 a month... That money is not even enough to pay mortgage... Stop spewing thrash and misinforming people.
Nigerian government is not doing enough but don't make it look like you are in paradise in Ireland either. No government in the world is father Christmas.

People think abroad is heaven... I laugh at their ignorance
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Op I don't think it was necessary trying to tantalise us with how an effective society works in these dire times.
What's your point exactly? To mock us? Or to make is wish that we were never born rather than being born in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Love you too. No Homo though! cheesy
GreatResearcher1:
I dont know u but i love u

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
This is totally not my/the point, Sir.

CsRockefeller:

The relative cost is why people leave and moreso why we need to be angry with our leaders.

Production should be cheaper here, we have coal, gas, thermal, hydro power and now solar. We have the technical know how to an extent and even if we dont, how much influence does an expartriate have on the average cost on production? So why is cost of living relatively higher here than even down south in South Africa?

The Dollar is d defacto world currency, so comparability is easy, what Nations do is to convert those Dollars into local notes.

Now, a guy earning 50k here cant just earn that there y? Money here has lost its value while money there has lots of value (talking about nominal and real PPP/Income)

We are too import driven, import run, it weakens our currency and our economy. Any Nation that has a high nominal per capita income and a weak real per capita income compared with other Nation is bound to loose its citizens to that Nation and vice versa.

Africa's economy is a whole mess, moreso Nigeria's.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ishilove:

School us. I only tolerated Economics in secondary school because I liked my Economics teacher Mr Adewunmi.

Cost of living in the abroad is far higher than cost of living in naija. Things like housemaids are a luxury only the rich can afford. Most of the stuff you buy will be on credit. There is no family safety net

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Oscanp(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Pls someone with useful information on how
someone can enter this country after this pandemic should pls
Help a brother
My Email is Pascaliyk@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GreatResearcher1: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
Love you too. No Homo though! cheesy
my love isnt sexualizd is d patriotic spirit in u
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by rusher14: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

We dont pay tax in Nigeria...?
We pay more and it's on the increase

Stop defending rogues and looters
Else you won't make heaven

We don't pay taxes in Nigeria and only someone who hasn't lived outside the country or an outright liar would disagree with this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by frowland(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My quiet neighborhood has now turned to a ghost area as people are hardly seen on the street. Even those that come out always observe social distancing and avoid others on the road like they've got the disease. The buses have been deserted by passengers who are obeying the stay home order.

Some shops, banks, supermarkets, pharmacies and those offering essential services are allowed to work.

Even bus driver japa!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Samuels90: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
Local man had to go for shopping today. Had to restock my groceries. Social distancing is very well observed in all the supermarkets and shops as measures have been set in place to fight the virus. Some shops only allow one customer at a time to enter. I spent about 32 euro on my shopping today and hope the foodstuff will last me for a while.
such organised place, stay safe.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yeah I understand, but I also have reason saying that. grin
GreatResearcher1:
my love isnt sexualizd is d patriotic spirit in u

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by JTbaba2020: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

Jolly just come, you know I'm telling the truth, Nigerians ain't shit in Ireland.

I'm here so long have seen it all . ..

The 350 EUR is crap .. you'll understand later.
Why are we like this? On what planet is €350 per week palliative measure crap? What are other country giving their citizens? This is in addition to mortgage holiday/Rent. It is succour not provision of luxury or meant to solve all their problems. There are many highly successful nigerians living in Ireland, lots in Medical Field, IT & Banking. Even those who are driving cabs, are financially Ok and make enough to take care of their family in Ireland and also support people back home.
Or maybe you need to explain more what you mean by Naija aint shit in Ireland, cos bar not having fab Nigerian Restaurant/Bars - Nigerians in Ireland compare favourable well with other Nigerians in diaspora

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad
The reason why their currency exchange always look bigger is because the Mumu political office holders are quick to devalue our currency
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by confluence: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
I am currently in Ireland County Meath area, OP exaggerate how much that is currently being paid to people to cushion the harsh effect of the conrona virus on Businesses .I think is around 200 euro also per week, this is is to go on for the next six weeks.
No doubt Nigeria is screwed up , I Weep for my Country, how did we get it wrong?
dainformant:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.