Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77748 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GreatResearcher1: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Chi59:
Op I don't think it was necessary trying to tantalise us with how an effective society works in these dire times.
What's your point exactly? To mock us? Or to make is wish that we were never born rather than being born in Nigeria?
to show off. Beliv me wen i say dat nairaland hoes wud pm him to beg for euro and in turn he wud ask dem for nude pics.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by axeman10(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

People think abroad is heaven... I laugh at their ignorance

Obviously he is living in one room shared apartment for paying €325 a month in Limerick.. And who lives on €32 a week if not a pauper.. When a cup of coffee and muffin at Starbucks go for over €5.. That can't even fill your tummy for breakfast.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thinking about it though, 1400€ is only much if you're living alone and do not have kids or do families get more?

I wish Germany would do this as well.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by CsRockefeller(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas:
This is totally not my/the point, Sir.

If your point is things aren't a rolla coaster ride as it seems, then I understand.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
CsRockefeller:

If your point is things aren't a rolla coaster ride as it seems, then I understand.

My point exactly. Some people are already looking for Ireland migration threads now. They want to go collect N147k a week.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
rusher14:

We don't pay taxes in Nigeria and only someone who hasn't lived outside the country or an outright liar would disagree with this.

Why do zombies wish Nigerians evil

Everything thing here is tax
Right from your data right now ...

Stop defending rogues
I know u soak garri everyday
Shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by wman(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
No wonder they say Nigerians spend the highest amount of their income on food in the world.

It's really sad.

The average Nigerian spend up to 40% of his income on food.

Which way Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas:

My point exactly. Some people are already looking for Ireland migration threads now. They want to go collect N147k a week.
Lmao cut it out!!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by CsRockefeller(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin

If only wishes were horses.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by drakeli: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad
Just $400 you are crying like this. The US own is $1200 for father, another $1200 for mother while each of the kids in the household will collect $500. Now can you imagine how much a family of six will collect?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

He's full of shit , Ireland is tough .. come and see people living on the dole here, they look shit.

Most Nigerians are doing shitty jobs , a lot are in refugee camps.

He's painting the picture of a paradise that doesn't exist. Even Irish people are struggling with increasing rents.

I won't say more , continue deceiving yourselves

Bros nawa for you o,because Ireland is tough for you doesn’t mean that Ireland is tough for everyone na,am here 24yrs now and am doing pretty well so is most of my friends, I probably will know you if truly you are here 22yrs,do you know mr Lou?

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Amanda4life: 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

Yes.

They must pay for it

Let them continue doing their buisness now only to use it to pay gbese later

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Timozo1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

Seriously, countries should sue China for this calamity
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by DonJiba: 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Zico5:
See country where things work. But here in Nigeria u no go see shishi. Mama Faruq will still increase #300 yellow rubber garri to #800. €350 per week for staying at home. Even when the rent per week is just €50 - €70 per week. When will Nigeria get better for God sake and this is ordinary Ireland o. It can't be ok for those morons defending this government for just 30k. I need to find a way out of this shithole.

My brother, do all you can to run away from this country

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by JTbaba2020: 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
axeman10:

Why do you people like misinforming Nigerians??

The €350 is for those earning between €38k-75k per annum (that is a minimum of €730 per week), whose jobs were affected by the lock down and cannot work from home.. Or business owners who were forced to close their businesses but still have to pay staff.

Surely, you are not getting this money...otherwise you'll be well informed. I live in Dublin and rent is €1000-1500 a month... That money is not even enough to pay mortgage... Stop spewing thrash and misinforming people.
Nigerian government is not doing enough but don't make it look like you are in paradise in Ireland either. No government in the world is father Christmas.

You my friend are the one misinforming people, OP stated that this an action taken to cussion effect on the lockdown, this is spending money - you dont have to pay mortgage from it, as the govt ensured that you are given mortgage holiday, Creche fees are being paid too. For high earners its peanut; then again most high earners should Ideally have savings to tide them over for 3months.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by rusher14: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Why do zombies wish Nigerians evil

Everything thing here is tax
Right from your data right now ...

Stop defending rogues
I know u soak garri everyday
Shame

Shut up.

Every country in the world pays value added tax on telephony.

Apart from that evey working citizen pays a minimum of 20% in the advanced world.

Even if you did a week's work for 100 pounds you would pay the requisite 20 pounds thereabouts as tax.

I know you are not exposed, and your writing is very much reflective of this.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Adek65: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Allahu Akbar

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
ornicus:

Cost of living in the abroad is far higher than cost of living in naija. Things like housemaids are a luxury only the rich can afford. Most of the stuff you buy will be on credit. There is no family safety net
Okay sir. Thanks
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
rusher14:

Shut up.

Every country in the world pays value added tax on telephony.
Apart from that evey working citizen pays a minimum of 20% in the advanced world.
Even if you did a week's work for 100 pounds you would pay the requisite 20 pounds thereabouts as tax.
I know you are not exposed, and your writing is very much reflective of this.

From we dont pay tax to this
Aren't you ashamed....

Look at the exposed one... Supporting a certificateless cattle rearer on the alter of religious and ethnic sentiments...

Spits...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Amanda4life: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
Local man had to go for shopping today. Had to restock my groceries. Social distancing is very well observed in all the supermarkets and shops as measures have been set in place to fight the virus. Some shops only allow one customer at a time to enter. I spent about 32 euro on my shopping today and hope the foodstuff will last me for a while.

Did you foget to buy am ala and fufu.

No egusi too inside your basket

Abii you no go do swallow to boost your immune system wella

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by drakeli: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

Maybe for not properly containing it early on... But, you can't sue them for the collective carelessness of Europe and America...

Those nations had ample time to contain the spread and check the infection cycle, but woefully failed to...

Do we also sue China for the ineptitude of Nigeria's leaders??!... Abeg, let every one lick his wounds!!!
China will have its day in court

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by nextstep(m): 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
bionixs:
oga sir, I am sorry to say,” you are no where”. Try harder. It is only an ungrateful MADMEN that haven’t realised that God is the one to turn to in a time like this. Not referring to you in particular

Well, each to his own. However, I cannot accept that your perception of reality is more valid than mine. Every previous mythology has been replaced, from Zeus, Jupiter, Olodumare, to Ra, all self confident and certain they were correct. It will be only a matter of time for Yahweh to be replaced by a more compelling myth... perhaps at the barrel of a gun or blade of cutlass. I could easily express my "I'm sorry" to you for your faith in a non-existent entity that allows people to die from the same viruses he created, but instead will agree to disagree:

It's hard for rational people to turn to someone they don't believe exists.
It's hard for the faithful to abandon indoctrination about someone they believe exists.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by rusher14: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

From we dont pay tax to this
Aren't you ashamed....

Look at the exposed one... Supporting a certificateless cattle rearer on the alter of religious and ethnic sentiments...

Spits...

I knew you wouldn't have the intelligence to give a proper rebuttal.

Anyone that sees your moniker would know you are a pay-per-post agent and without your daily comments there would be no food for you.

Grow up and work.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
confluence:
I am currently in Ireland County Meath area, OP exaggerate how much that is currently being paid to people to cushion the harsh effect of the conrona virus on Businesses .I think is around 200 euro also per week, this is is to go on for the next six weeks.
No doubt Nigeria is screwed up , I Weep for my Country, how did we get it wrong?

He’s telling the truth,they increased it after Boris Johnson said he’ll pay British people 80% of their salaries,Minister for finance increased it to 350 but for 6weeks only.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by brossam2001(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Not exagerrated, i live in portlaoise, the money been paid is 350 euro a week.

quote author=confluence post=87970349]I am currently in Ireland County Meath area, OP exaggerate how much that is currently being paid to people to cushion the harsh effect of the conrona virus on Businesses .I think is around 200 euro also per week, this is is to go on for the next six weeks.
No doubt Nigeria is screwed up , I Weep for my Country, how did we get it wrong? [/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Investnow2017: 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Has anyone noticed. Why is it that photographs taken overseas come cleaner and more beautiful and unique than photos taken here in Nigeria even if you use the same camera. Or is it my eyes? It is a sincere observation pls?

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
You seriously don't know what you are saying. I EMPHATICALLY SAID PEOPLE INCLUDING NIGERIAN STUDENTS AND PART-TIME WORKERS WERE PAID 350 EURO TODAY.... You can quote me anywhere. Many Nigerians received their alert today even those who were earning below 150- 200 euro before the crisis started. Students are allowed to work 20 hours a week during school session and 40 hours a week during holiday. Those who were affected by the crisis are being paid 350 euro per week, nothing less.

Your rent in Dublin may be expensive but I pay 325 euro a month in Limerick. It is my experience I shared not yours......

Please go and enlighten yourself by reading about the COVID19 unemployment funds.
axeman10:

Why do you people like misinforming Nigerians??

The €350 is for those earning between €38k-75k per annum (that is a minimum of €730 per week), whose jobs were affected by the lock down and cannot work from home.. Or business owners who were forced to close their businesses but still have to pay staff.

Surely, you are not getting this money...otherwise you'll be well informed. I live in Dublin and rent is €1000-1500 a month... That money is not even enough to pay mortgage... Stop spewing thrash and misinforming people.
Nigerian government is not doing enough but don't make it look like you are in paradise in Ireland either. No government in the world is father Christmas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
rusher14:

I knew you wouldn't have the intelligence to give a proper rebuttal.
Anyone that sees your moniker would know you are a pay-per-post agent and without your daily comments there would be no food for you.
Grow up and work.

You said we dont pay tax
You yourself later said we do but it's also done abroad.... Aren't you tired

Zombies everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by axeman10(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
JTbaba2020:

You my friend are the one misinforming people, OP stated that this an action taken to cussion effect on the lockdown, this is spending money - you dont have to pay mortgage from it, as the govt ensured that you are given mortgage holiday, Creche fees are being paid too. For high earners its peanut; then again most high earners should Ideally have savings to tide them over for 3months.

No, I did not say the govt did not pay residents to cushion the effect of the jobs lost.. I also stated the band of people affected.. Other categories of workers are getting lower say €203 a week.

As I stated, those getting 350 a week will still have to pay their rents/mortgages, electricity & gas bills.. Only that it is deffered and no bank will pressure them to pay. Banks ain't no Santa. These people are actually losing money staying at home.. OP was making it look like they are making money staying home.

See an average rent in Limerick:

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by scoundrel(f): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
White people on a regular day stay indoors and avoid others. It's no wonder why the quarantine is successful with them. Here, being in other people's business is the way of life, we can not observe the quarantine properly. Most of our homes are not comfortable to begin with.

The payment for staying at home is a mouth watering concept, but our locale is not developed enough to put the same in place.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ameh99: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
Franzinni:
whyyyyyy did i have to come back to this God forsaken piece of land by the water called Nigeria... i miss dublin sooooo much... is the living room bar still there in the city centre? men life dey that place!!!

Oga, you can as well go back to your corona infested country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.