Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) (62956 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / A Nairalander’s Trip To Rhode Island / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by rafcrown(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
God punish the treasury looters.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Glink2018(m): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
Sweetchilli:
Phew! Nice thread. Not everytime COVID-19 undecided

He needs a wife. Would you join him?
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by seborrhic: 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
Felicity0001:

In addition, an average American mindset is wired to the government free bills so non ever wants to buy a home outrightly even if they have the money they rather opt for a morgage which will last for 30-40yrs forgetting they may fall into financial, drug, accident or some kind of troubles which might make them not owning the house.
Government have made their minds lazy.
Unless you are very rich,it actually makes more sense buying a house on mortgage than outrightly buying it.
Following that your line of thought,if you you use all your earnings to buy a house and now fall into hard times,you are left with nothing.
But if u are on mortgage and you fall on hard times,you would still have something to fall on.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by LadyHeaven(f): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Pretty...pretty...pretty grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Chris1987: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Please show me that immigrant working a $15/hour job that owns a $300k dollar home and I will show you someone that knows where bin ladin was hiding in Pakistan.
Maybe you think you are talking to a child undecided
Absolute trash!!!
So the Nigerian person that makes 15 an hour don't have expenses abi?
The people you keep saying send money home,I hope it's not them boys sending 500 dollars and co and call it sending money back home undecided
Don't you know they are able to do that cos naira is weak?
Look,Nigerians are determined no doubt,they go there,exploit the system,get better jobs and enrollment in mortgages too or for the better ones,buy outright.
But saying they do so on minimum wage is a big lie.
what are the expenses oga where I live we pay $30 for internet a month light and water and garbage disposals is about $210 which I sometimes do myself when am off ,a month and groceries you can choose to cook or eat out and house rent here as low as $500 or less than that if you share apartment but living alone is about $1000 or more still depends on the area I don’t like trading words or arguing with people over what I am very sure about a lot of Nigerians here have bought houses we all attend redeem church here in union city even built houses back in the country I know a guy that have bought a house cash by driving Uber at night and working as a care giver during the day it’s all about what you want and the goal you’ve set for yourself and your life style I am a DNP so I don’t put myself in that category and buying a 2-3 bedroom house here is about $200-300k in woodland

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by error4040: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Here we go again I came here to see pictures of a sane Environment.
But NO All this over Sabi people are already flooding the ThreAd with rubbish

SMH!!!

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Ikjosh04: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Haven't sleep for once and dream of America
Netherlands is always on my mind smiley

Why Netherlands ��?
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by bigcee(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
orunmila144:
The place looks like shit. my neighborhood in lekki looks better than this american crap

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by SenatorBright(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Alvin212:
Barstow, CA. My usual location when I dey bomb clients

If you know you know

Make I pickup your money with my bank in Connecticut
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Celepope: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chris1987:
what are the expenses oga where I live we pay $30 for internet a month light and water and garbage disposals is about $210 which I sometimes do myself when am off ,a month and groceries you can choose to cook or eat out and house rent here as low as $500 or less than that if you share apartment but living alone is about $1000 or more still depends on the area I don’t like trading words or arguing with people over what I am very sure about a lot of Nigerians here have bought houses we all attend redeem church here in union city even built houses back in the country I know a guy that have bought a house cash by driving Uber at night and working as a care giver during the day it’s all about what you want and the goal you’ve set for yourself and your life style I am a DNP so I don’t put myself in that category and buying a 2-3 bedroom house here is about $200-300k in woodland

To be candid with you, you can count the number of Americans that can purchase a home cash down even if you work as a Doctor or software developer. Most people that do buy houses cash down are people who got compensated through court settlement or proxy for Nigerian politicians. Guy not that it isn't possible but it is rare. Even with a good job, to even gather the down payment for the so-called mortgage na war. Don't believe everything Nigerians tell you. American Nigerians dey lie well well.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by WINDSOW(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
anonimi:

But there is a how you gonna go to the shop/market to buy food with the money you receive from the fools who will fall for your lazy scam

U c y
U c y ya'll need live ryt perhaps the gee really needs help but cos of the experience with 419ners, he can't be helped. Sorry bro, Naija is FCKED
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where are the fine pictures? All i see are Just normal pictures msheew

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by bigcee(m): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
dancok:
yes we have, oke Aro and Alabgaka.
Awon 1759 grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Chris1987: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
Celepope:

To be candid with you, you can count the number of Americans that can purchase a home cash down even if you work as a Doctor or software developer. Most people that do buy houses cash down are people who got compensated through court settlement or proxy for Nigerian politicians. Guy not that it isn't possible but it is rare.
because it’s there culture to buy houses with mortgage they’ve built there economy and culture on mortgage and credits why do nigerians here by houses cash because we save more a typical American doesn’t save he/she believes in payday I know a lot of coworkers that have 2-3 different credit cards and and don’t have any savings but depends on there salary to pay off there credit cards with interests and mortgage I believe it’s all about lifestyle and your ability to save most of them have a down payment of $50-100,000 and then seek for mortgage even the ones that saves do 401k or invest in mutual funds or stocks they don’t believe in saving money because the economy isn’t built on savings but credits

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by cococandy(f): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
Read to comprehend
Theconglomerate:
Please show me that immigrant working a $15/hour job that owns a $300k dollar home and I will show you someone that knows where bin ladin was hiding in Pakistan.
Maybe you think you are talking to a child undecided
Absolute trash!!!
So the Nigerian person that makes 15 an hour don't have expenses abi?
The people you keep saying send money home,I hope it's not them boys sending 500 dollars and co and call it sending money back home undecided
Don't you know they are able to do that cos naira is weak?
Look,Nigerians are determined no doubt,they go there,exploit the system,get better jobs and enrollment in mortgages too or for the better ones,buy outright.
But saying they do so on minimum wage is a big lie.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Amen! Netherlands or Canada... Which country are you in?
The United States
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by ivolt: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chris1987:
if you actually work and save for 3-5 years you will have enough to buy atleast a 2-3bedroom house depending on the location but Americans live a life of credit... credit cards have ruined a lot of life’s here including divorce settlements drugs crime etc...I have opted never to use a credit card cos a lot of people run into Debts using that and Americans love buying things they don’t need someone will pay for his internet cable tv Netflix HBO prime etc they don’t know how to save why do you think nigerians come here after 2-3 years they buy houses even start sending money home to there loves ones aka black tax ...only handful of Americans save , house in Sacramento costs about $200-300k and an average minimum wage there is $15 they end up working only 3-4 days a week and spend the money they got on stupid things but nigerians that come here work longer hours and save more even have 2-3 houses paid off in cash not mortgages so an average American problem is laziness,dependency on government they can declare bankruptcy, divorce and crime drug abuse etc

grin grin grin grin grin
The bold is hilarious.
Anyone that tells you that must either be some lying travel agents, highly-skilled technocrats or engaged
in drug or fraud.

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Celepope: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chris1987:
because it’s there culture to buy houses with mortgage they’ve built there economy and culture on mortgage and credits why do nigerians here by houses cash because we save more a typical American doesn’t save he/she believes in payday I know a lot of coworkers that have 2-3 different credit cards and and don’t have any savings but depends on there salary to pay off there credit cards with interests and mortgage I believe it’s all about lifestyle and your ability to save most of them have a down payment of $50-100,000 and then seek for mortgage even the ones that saves do 401k or invest in mutual funds or stocks they don’t believe in saving money because the economy isn’t built on savings but credits

Spare me that talk "why do nigerians here by houses cash because we save more a typical American doesn’t save". Nigerians don't buy any house cash here. Stop it. I hate lies. Is it with taxi driving or with gbeya gbeya work? BTW Nigerians don't save money more than an average white man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by foleskay(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Us has some of the best cities in the world. I wonder how us developed so much with its huge size. Alaska alone is twice the size of Nigeria. And people living alone in California alone is about 50 million. From San Diego, to Houston, to Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, to Philadelphia these are cities that have everything you can imagine of! Us is truely the most developed world wide.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Leebeedo:

San Bernardino is not in Los Angeles. By the way, it's a beautiful place because of the mountains surrounding most communities.
Yeaaa
Shares direct boundary with it.
I spend roughly every day 2hrs from Torrance in Los Angeles to San Bernardino
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
cococandy:
Read to comprehend
why don't you point out where I went wrong,rather than this your "notice me" form of counter. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Celepope: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
slashthroat:
Where are the fine pictures? All i see are Just normal pictures msheew

California is one big sh.it hole in a desert.
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Chris1987: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

grin grin grin grin grin
The bold is hilarious.
Anyone that tells you that must either be some lying travel agents, highly-skilled technocrats or engaged
in drug or fraud.

grin grin
i am a DNP at st rose in union city who’s talking about travelling agent I’ve been here for 15 years

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Chris1987: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Celepope:

Spare me that talk "why do nigerians here by houses cash because we save more a typical American doesn’t save". Nigerians don't buy any house cash here. Stop it. I hate lies. BTW Nigerians don't save money more than an average white man.
we save more money than an average americans they believe in investing in stocks and bonds but an average Nigerian saves money in banks and cash ....maybe not nigerians in Nigeria but nigerians here that I know of so I don’t like trading words with people maybe you don’t save but most people I know do and have houses here paid in cash have a lovely day

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Celepope:

An EXPENSIVE Shithole abiiiiii.
Guess you know how much we pay monthly for housing...
Guess you know how EXPENSIVE California is..??

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Celepope:

As in some partsof lekki or kano fine pass those pictures.
Imagine the picture of that fuel station and the surrounding msheew

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
EVILFOREST:

An EXPENSIVE Shithole abiiiiii.
Guess you know how much we pay monthly for housing...

How much? Come back home na
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Theconglomerate(m): 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Celepope:

California abi Nevada? undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by Crochet: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
@OP you were asked to stay at home simple instructuon but you are busy moving around, Nigerians with their stubborness. Pls go back home and stay safe oga.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) by slashthroat: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chris1987:
i am a DNP at st rose in union city who’s talking about travelling agent I’ve been here for 15 years

Shut up you bragging too much. Relax no be quarrel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) / Truck Loaded With Cows Collides With High-Tension Wire In Anambra (Graphic Pix) / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.