Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106181 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ojimba1:

WAM hungerbad of Nairaland don die ? True true
He's dead. Going to two years now cry
Cc: FIRSTSECOND
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by yenereal(m): 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
mangojuice:

Pls be serious. Tell us the truth

Yes. He is dead
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:

not about comfort but about sacrifice.. what is coming is like winter of game of throne, a major out break in lagos would wipe so many souls that dead body would litter the street..

so the decision is should I sacrifice two weeks hunger strike and have my life intact, or should I go about looking for food and face death

But the government have the ability to aide the people in their isolation.

They are in position to make it easy for the masses but they aren't.

That's the issues.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by akan102: 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

I see how your sense reach
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BoboNkiti19: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
They should troop en masse to bourdillon where the lord and savior of Lagos state - Tinubu himself will feed them.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Forex360(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!

Usually i don't respond to quotes both positive and negatives, but now in this issue i have nothing else to say, but all of you quoting me am sure none of you is among the protesters out there on the street, you all are inside your house sending people to go and protest, none of you is among the protesters because you all are weak and afraid to go out to protest. If none of you is out on the street protesting but sit inside your houses to type rubbish then i must say you all are more mad than you all thought me to be .. foolish set of people .

To put it simple

Nigeria is simply A FAILED STATE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Doc10q: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.

If they get killed by corona they die. If they get killed by hunger they still die...either way they prefer to be killed by corona on a full stomach than be killed by starvation on an empty stomach
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by taibod: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=88008030]People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

Oh really... you most be one of those looting Nigeria money imagine how did u want people to cope without providing for them, here in my area comma see how people are; currently you won't be here saying this.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by CodeTemplar: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
If over 50% of allocation services recurrent expenses like salaries how will they pay 2 salary from one month allocation.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Doc10q: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
People commenting on this thread are jus heartless..no wonder Africa is so backward. How did u think poor people who has never seen 10naira in life will be able to withstand this 2wks lock down. In fact before coronavirus wud even visit them, hunger wud have gotten to(killed)them first. Other civilized countries shared food before issuing any lock down...so why don't u ask ur useless government why they didn't issue food first before lock down instead of writing trash by blaming d poor ppl. A reasonable government anywhere in d world knows that before forcing ppl to go on any lock down, food has to be provide first, or else they re planning on fastly losing them to hunger first instead of d killer disease...OR is killing ppl with starvation what d federal government have been targeting all along in d disguise of fighting coronavirus
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Doc10q: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!

Usually i don't respond to quotes both positive and negatives, but now in this issue i have nothing else to say, but all of you quoting me am sure none of you is among the protesters out there on the street, you all are inside your house sending people to go and protest, none of you is among the protesters because you all are weak and afraid to go out to protest. If none of you is out on the street protesting but sit inside your houses to type rubbish then i must say you all are more mad than you all thought me to be .. foolish set of people .

Mr man are you sure your senses are intact.. Please try to re-read what u wrote again to see if u are actually alright in d head. So u want hunger to be d deadly disease that wud kill them first all in d name of securing themselves from corona abi.

I said it before, all over d world corona disease are killing them massively but in Africa hunger will even get d first award of killing africans more the d so-called virus itself...especially in nigeria.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by sulaak(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:

You have the mindset of a slave trader.

At this testing time, the government has failed to be counted, the government want Nigerian to stay at home, in a country that recently confirmed that gas supply to the power plants is down. A country with 90 million people on a dollar a day, will require billions of dollars of food subsidies to stay at home.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Doc10q: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
This coronavirus, it might even be 50/50 that it wud not infect everybody o.. Meanwhile those ppl it didn't affect will be rejoicing that they re negative but another cold-hearted disease of no mercy will come and finish them off(on behalf of corona)..which is HUNGER. And those free of d corona disease will still die of another disease(hunger). Either way africans(nigeria)still die whether by corona first..or by hunger hunger first. So since we are dying either way...then it's better to die by corona on a full stomach than dying on an empty stomach by hunger...cos one will be so painful when it's killing u gradually, and u all know which one is that.... Let me give u a hint...it comes with kwashiokor, serious bloated stomach, over-sized head and killer evil intestinal worms. Whatever u do, don't let that one get hold of you first.... Keep d peace bruahs cool
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Egoveen: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
SoNature:

While you raised some valid points, you must understand why governments around the world are implementing lockdowns.

The truth of the matter is that Covid-19 is a new virus, and researchers don't know much about it up till now.

It is veryyyyyyyy misleading to assume that the little you know about the disease is all there is to it. Yes, researchers are losing sleep just to understand it better even till today.

For instance, if you read some facts about Covid-19 on WHO website, you will see that there are many questions begging for answers.

In summary, you can only contain something you understand not something you don't. The idea of lockdown is to reduce human interaction to the barest minimum because it's the fastest way of reducing the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

It's quite a pity that we always bastardize things in this country, including religion and lockdowns.
FOR YOUR DEMENTED MIND NOW YOU MADE SENSE ABI? SO PEOPLE SHOULD DIE OF HUNGER??
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by madgoat(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Thanks for the link bro.
e dey pain me die!

I remember those days with those monikers.
HunderBad
MadCow
Madgoat

Rest on bro.

But i am still alive grin
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Karmaisme(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
mctfopt:

Well, it appears most missed the thread done in honour of this great nairalander. Here it is for some of those that missed it: https://www.nairaland.com/5204822/popular-nairalander-hungerbad-dies-age

Let's remember him on the 5th of May this year.

May his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by FIRSTSECOND: 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:

He's dead. Going to two years now cry
Cc: FIRSTSECOND
.. What a loss.
May God have mercy on his soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Appili(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2020
[why should a government keep them indoor without provision.ote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=88008064]

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man. [/quote]
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Jaspernubi: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2020
maasoap:

Open your skull and allow sense to enter. The same Sowore that didn't spend 50 million naira out of the 300 million naira donated to him who later came out give a fictitious account of how he "spent" 300 million naira. The guy is best described as a clown

People like you always expecting money from Politician is the reason Nigeria will be as backward as ever. shame on your greed. what is money when a man is bent on fixing the country? The people who spent on you as you collect rice and beans, have they given you light or have they fix your roads?
wake up from slumber, It is a new dawn
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ikennafabian651(m): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Even the olorébòroko president wey say him go give us #30K Or #8'500. We never see anything and una dey order us to stay at for safety. Shey na una head we go dey eat chop for house? All of una dey mad. I swear! Una claim to save us from corona virus cum to expose us to hunger. Even common sense una no get. Useless government! Useless country!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ElChapo44: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
onatisi:
i already addressed your points in my post, i am not against locking down of the nation, but the way and manner it is been done. and even while doing it the fg isn't doing enough to combat the virus, lockdown alone will not slow down the rate at which the virus spread, if you don't get people tested and infected ppl removed to isolation centers

please permit me to ask, have you been tested? if the answer is no, then how do you get tested if there are not testing centers? and if yes, did they come to you or you went to them? going to them means you expose yourself and others to infection.

every day we now read of health workers complaining of inadequate kits to work, all the funds they are allocating, where is it going ?

Bro If Ur Pocket Empty And Dem Lock You Down for 2 weeks, U go know What's Up...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.