Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106127 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2020
pawesome:
I pity the parents that gave birth to you too...after you done looking for yours,then we will look for mine and believe me it will be sold at a more better price than. yours

You are very stupid.

The person feeding you may just be feeding a goat brain.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by KaptainAfrika: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2020
Where in my post do I defend the government ? Do you guys go to school to learn, or to get a piece of paper to get a job ?

Please go and contact COVID-19 with a full stomach.

You probably didn't even read the post to the end.

taibat61:

Stop defending d government

The same government shared money and dangote spaghetti via house to house during election period

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

where are the palliatives to encourage them stay at home, hunger kills to, off course only people with no responsibility can make your type of comments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by todugo(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2020
mployer:

Stay home and die alone of hunger rather than come out and kill thousands of people along with yourself with coronavirus.
I Sense selfishness in some people,you see the government don't care about the welfare of its citizens, they are after their own lives and that of their family now that they are all in the Country, after opening and leaving borders unclosed for weeks so that their family could return and later impose lockdown and boarder closure without testing people and providing relief materials or survival package to many. The problem of the country lay on greed not just by the Government but on "US" as people, because everybody is after his own warfare without considering or helping others.You are financially stable does not mean others should go and die while you live without offering help.God, that's selfish,itz greed. Copy that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Activeman391(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2020
Sotland:

You don't know me and so have no right to split nonesense from your mouth.. If you need help declare it here... Stop been ignorance and help Nigeria stop the foreseen outburst of this epidemic... We don't have to suffer because of the likes of you that exhibit ignorance ..

Mr Sabi all go and help the govt by doling out money to the poor since u have enough and stop masturbating ur ignorance here ..u simply don't know wat hunger can do to a man's brains cos u have nt worn the shoes before.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Princedapace:

That is not the point... The point is that Nigerian leaders have stolen the entire wealth meant for the citizens. Countries that lock down like this provided means for survival.

Some are paying money to their citizens, people dont have electricity and they will have to use the little fund they have to buy fuel... How will they preserve their meats and other things?

U guys dont get it! Nigeria is heading towards big trouble.. Very soon, these guys will be robbing homes to survive.

Like i said initially, the govt of the day could have sat down and understood the peculiar nature of Nigeria and closed down the airways and land borders on time

At least, Nigerians could have continued to hustle in Nigeria and money could easily exchange hands. Fighting both health and economic crises no be beans. The govt could av chosen to fight only economic crises.

In fact, if we had closed our borders on time, we could av been forced to embrace more of made in Nigerian products to survive.
word! 102 years ago this same traveller brought Spanish flu
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Activeman391(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2020
todugo:

I Sense selfishness in some people,you see the government don't care about the welfare of its citizens, they are after their own lives and that of their family now that they are all in the Country, after opening and leaving borders unclosed for weeks so that their family could return and later impose lockdown and boarder closure with test people and providing relief materials or survival package to many. The problem of the country lay on greed not just by the Government but on the US as as people, because everybody is after his own warfare without considering or helping others.You are financial stable does not mean other should go and die while you live with offering help.God that's selfish,itz greed. Copy that?

God bless u brother ..greedy and selfish people ...since d govt don't want to provide and the selfish ones among us do not want to help others sustain then let the coronavirus take all of us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by karashita: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!

Good talk.I just tire for my people o.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by MT: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!

I stopped reading your comment when you said you haven't seen anyone killed by hunger. Many in Nigeria, very many. Go around town and you will see.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Bennysam: 11:15am On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'
You are indeed a foolish man
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by piperson(m): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on...
Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry
How human being go Tek survive, we're on God

That Hungerbad guy don die?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by tayoccu(m): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2020
Stupid people be forming logic everywhere,
We’re trying to save our lives here they’re shouting hunger, these same sets of idiot that claim they don’t have anything to eat will somehow find money to buy alcohol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Truthbites: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.

Because u are privileged abi?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2020
piperson:

That Hungerbad guy don die?
YES
Cc:
12345baba
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Datoski: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
very correct jare..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mctfopt: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Hungerbad is dead?

cbngov01:

hungerbad don ?

jidxin:
. Is hungerbad dead

Swagahyk:

I'm socked just knowing now...I still remember that moniker...'HungerBAD'. rest on

QuickStandard:

Is the person with the username: "Hungerbad" dead?

Karmaisme:

Hungerbad don die?

aimuan:
hungerbad rest on?is he dead?

12345baba:
hungerbad done die?

Pacesetter123:
Ohhhh,my heart felt sympathy.No wonder I av not been seeing his post again...ooo!

Well, it appears most missed the thread done in honour of this great nairalander. Here it is for some of those that missed it: https://www.nairaland.com/5204822/popular-nairalander-hungerbad-dies-age

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by khazeem(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2020
Where were the leaders when they were supose to shut down boarders, just because of thier family and loved ones, they didnt and wants millions of nigerians to pay for thier stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mployer(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2020
todugo:

I Sense selfishness in some people,you see the government don't care about the welfare of its citizens, they are after their own lives and that of their family now that they are all in the Country, after opening and leaving borders unclosed for weeks so that their family could return and later impose lockdown and boarder closure without testing people and providing relief materials or survival package to many. The problem of the country lay on greed not just by the Government but on "US" as as people, because everybody is after his own warfare without considering or helping others.You are financially stable does not mean other should go and die while you live with offering help.God that's selfish,itz greed. Copy that?

Real selfishness is choosing to momentarily stay alive even if it means killing thousands of people doing it.
Government didn't send you aid is no reason you should come out and kill innocent citizens. The government officials are in their houses, they won't die with you.

It's on people like you that sit at home and watch movies rather than follow the news that will write this rubbish.

If you know the daily fatality of this pandemic you won't spew this trash. US and EU allowed citizens to move around now they are burying them in thousands daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by jham01: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2020
It's sad tht most Nigerians depend on daily earnings and as such they'll be hit hard by the lockdown order. The closest govt to us is L.G followed by State govt and all state have representatives at all level; councillors, State assembly members and executives bt unfortunately Nigerians are always looking up to FG for everything, that's why states loot more thn FG because we always accuse those in Abuja while overlooking the useless govt at states level. Though in some cases state govt need support of the FG bt in as much as we'll keep accusing FG over the responsibility of states then the idiot will keep looting us dry. What tangible measure have u heard states are taking tht surpass FG's effort?
I don't support the protest because such kind of mass gatherings and indecisive actions put UK, US, Mexico, Turkey, India and many countries in serious spread of the virus. Dying for hunger is more amicable than coronavirus because hunger kill its victim alone bt coronavirus kill limitless. They better find other channel to extend their anger to govt!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mauchiz: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2020
To be alive is a choice,

#Buhari leave Nigerians to make choice to come and get coronavirus or choice to stay indoors and solicit for help and be alive.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Princewell2012(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2020
SoNature:

While you raised some valid points, you must understand why governments around the world are implementing lockdowns.

The truth of the matter is that Covid-19 is a new virus, and researchers don't know much about it up till now.

It is veryyyyyyyy misleading to assume that the little you know about the disease is all there is to it. Yes, researchers are losing sleep just to understand it better even till today.

For instance, if you read some facts about Covid-19 on WHO website, you will see that there are many questions begging for answers.

In summary, you can only contain something you understand not something you don't. The idea of lockdown is to reduce human interaction to the barest minimum because it's the fastest way of reducing the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

It's quite a pity that we always bastardize things in this country, including religion and lockdowns.

Nobody is saying you shouldnt lockdown, but provide money for them. simple
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by virginchaser(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Bunch of Hypocrite. Fast they can not. All the food Nigerians have been eating over the years of what benefit has it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by templeRun20(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
it's better to go out and die of CORONA virus than stay at home and die of hunger
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lovehunter82(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
you spoke well but I don't think this leaders think well. Maybe they don't sit round table to discuss and find solution.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Farki: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

Fake news is easy to spot.
No place, no name and use of fake pictures.
Worst of all, it happens after the government allows free movement between 10 am and 2 pm.

These are all good points to consider but it's not an authoritative statement on the current situation. All you have are claims that it is fake.

I did my own research and found this article with an accompanying video on this event.

https://www.legit.ng/1317189-coronavirus-lagos-residents-protest-2-days-lockdown.html

Is this fake as well?

ivolt:

You and Caesar are wrong going by the manner of his death.

Even the French Royal family's story tells us that the well-fed man is to be feared
the most because they are power-hungry and possess the resources to topple the government.
They organized, preached and sponsored the revolution.
The "people" were just a tool for their power grab.

When the dust settled, it was obvious who was in charge.

Tell me without the broader context of food shortages and heavy taxation would the French citizens have revolted?

Do you think the well fed and wealthy French citizens would have stormed the Bastille a heavily fortified prison for weapons knowing it was a death sentence for failure?

Many of the instigators of the revolution like were eventually killed along with the royalists they fought despite their resources by the same hungry citizens looking for blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Princewell2012(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Bennysam:

You are indeed a foolish man

having gone tru your comments, believe you re the idiot here. no insult intended.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Pacesetter123(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2020
mctfopt:
Thanks, truly I missed the thread for his death.So so saddd!!!

Well, it appears most missed the thread done in honour of this great nairalander. Here it is for some of those that missed it: https://www.nairaland.com/5204822/popular-nairalander-hungerbad-dies-age
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ivolt: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Farki:

These are all good points to consider but it's not an authoritative statement on the current situation. All you have are claims that it is fake.

I did my own research and found this article with an accompanying video on this event.

https://www.legit.ng/1317189-coronavirus-lagos-residents-protest-2-days-lockdown.html

Is this fake as well?

Yes, it is still fake.
Though this source managed to temper the sensationalism of the first link,
it still fails basic journalistic integrity.
Where and who was involved in the "protest"?

A protest has a specific meaning.
An organized actions against a policy or person.

All this video shows is that some people refuse to stay indoors as told.

They were already outside before the task force run into them.
It was never a protest.

There are some streets where boys are playing football, there are even some drivers
who converge in motor parks to play ludo. Are they also protesting hunger?

Tell me without the broader context of food shortages and heavy taxation would the French citizens have revolted?
Yes. The Chinese understand this better. Other authoritarian regimes are also scared of not
the ordinary citizens but the powerful opposition elites. No matter how well fed a populace is
they can be convinced that they have it worse and deserve better either based on the ethnic, religious
or social difference which will always exist.

It is very very easy to deceive an average person into their doom and that is why they are
stringent measures against free media in some countries.

Do you think the well fed and wealthy French citizens would have stormed the Bastille a heavily fortified prison for weapons knowing it was a death sentence for failure?

[quote]
Many of the instigators of the revolution like were eventually killed along with the royalists they fought despite their resources by the same hungry citizens looking for blood.

No. You are writing out of the context.
When the main enemy(the Royals) were removed, the powerful elites in various factions turned on
themselves with the Jacobins first engaging in the purging of its opponents to secure power.
Only for them to be outdone by other factions within the power-hungry revolutionaries.

The poor French were just still tools, they never decide who to kill, the powerful elite instigate them
against strategic opponents.

The poor do not raise a finger against the government unless on the prompting of an opposing group of elites.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by menzo4u: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.
Bro, you may be enjoying three square meal, but it is not the same for everyone. Most people survive on daily income. Check this video, even in Italy, people are now revolting and breaking down foods stores cos they have no food to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsNWbfatRwg

Think before you talk!
So the government need to be held accountable.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by menzo4u: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:

Bro, you may be enjoying three square meal, but it is not the same for everyone. Most people survive on daily income. Check this video, even in Italy, people are now revolting and breaking down foods stores cos they have no food to eat.

Think before you talk!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by AreaFada2: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'
Some people are so shielded that they not know what is really going on in Nigeria. Even before lockdown people were already slowly dying of hunger. But at least some could hustle on a daily basis to survive.

Some people may walk 6km to eat at an aunt's house before walking back to crash at a friend's house every night. Auntie stays in one room with a family of 5. They just don't know the level of poverty millions of Nigerians wallow in.

My fear is that soon the masses will turn on themselves. Not long now before reports start coming of armed robbers storming houses at night to steal pots of soup, garri, rice and other food stuff.

But people shy away from the truth because to them everything is politics.

This crisis shows the fragile nature of the people's welfare. No robust system in place to immediate put money into people's accounts.

Yes govt can force people to open accounts. For unforeseen stuff like this. Here all governments have failed since 1960.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by menzo4u: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
BIAFRAisBURIED:
RUBBISH

LET THEM BE TAKEN TO ITALY NA, THERE IS ENOUGH FOOD THERE TO EAT

Think before you talk!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.