Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Stop blasphemy God - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop blasphemy God (10273 Views)

BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” / Blasphemy On Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop blasphemy God by Janosky: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I am showing you up for what a shameless hypocrite, double standard, and walking contradiction, the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation is

If Matthew 18:11, is an interpolation, and so not to be found in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), then why is 1 John 5:17, which too, isn't in the original early Greek text able to make it into the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), why does Matthew 18:11 get the reject and pariah treatment, as if it is a leper, hmm?

Its no secret that the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible) was dishonestly and entirely created for the sole purpose of supporting the very flawed and heretical doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses. This is why their translators are faceless and unknown

Matthew 18:11 is also missing in other Bible translations.
Deal with it.

Bros, STOP this is ignorance about 1John5:7. The fake Textus receptus version ("in heaven the Father, the Word and the holy ghost. These three are one" FRAUD in KJV, Geneva, Weymouth Bibles) is not in the holy scriptures.
Bros, go and confirm. No disgrace yourself here.
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Stop blasphemy God by MuttleyLaff: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Janosky:
Matthew 18:11 is also missing in other Bible translations.
Deal with it.

Bros, STOP this is ignorance about 1 John 5:7. The fake Textus receptus version ("in heaven the Father, the Word and the holy ghost. These three are one" FRAUD in KJV, Geneva, Weymouth Bibles) is not in the holy scriptures.
Bros, go and confirm. No disgrace yourself here.
grin grin grin grin grin

... Additional works consulted in preparing the New World Translation include the Armenian Version, Coptic Versions, the Latin Vulgate, Sistine and Clementine Revised Latin Texts, Textus Receptus

The only person disgracing himself here is you, as you havent commented on how 1 John 5:7 got a mention in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), being that it is an insertion, but other almost twenty odd insertions, that is including Matthew 18:11, got treated as a pariah by JW organisation and never got a mention in New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible) but are total AWOL in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), hmm?

Deal with this easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions nah, instead of excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth angry angry angry

1/ Why is 1 John 5:7 in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible) but Matthew 18:11 and the shy under twenty other verses don't get to have a presence or entry, like 1 John 5:7 does, in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible). Hmm?
2/ Is the word Jehovah, ever in the Greek original text, hmm?

1 Like

Re: Stop blasphemy God by Janosky: 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Source:neverthirsty.org
Why is verse 11 missing in Matthew 18?
Bible Question:
Why is there no verse 11 in Matthew 18? It goes from verse 10 to verse 12.

Bible Answer:
Matthew 18:11 does not appear in several current Bibles such as the New International Version (NIV), the New Century Version (NCV), the Contemporary English Version (CEV), and the New Living Translation (NLT). The verse you are referring to is as follows:

For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. (NASB) Matthew 18:11

However, the verse does appear in the New American Standard Version, the New King James Version, and the King James Version, for example.

Why Is Verse 11 Missing In Matthew 18
Why Is Matthew 18:11 Missing?
The verse is missing from some of the Bibles because the passage does not actually appear in the best early Greek manuscripts which contain Matthew. It is important to remember that the New Testament was written in Greek. These original documents called “autographs” were copied and passed from one person to another. In the process of making copies, errors would occur sometimes. Sometimes words were misspelled, words were left out, and on rare occasions, some copyists would insert some words. Today there are more than 5,800 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament in our possession. In addition there are other manuscripts of the New Testament making the total 24,633 manuscripts. By using a process called textual criticism scholars have been able to determine very accurately how the original “autographs” should read. A better explanation of textual criticism and the accuracy of our Bible is available from an article at the following link, “How Accurate Is The Bible?” The conclusion of that article says that the Bible is 99.8% accurate and no doctrines are affected. There is no other ancient book in existence with so many copies and with so little error. The Bible is really unique. The Bible is very accurate!

Textual criticism has determined that verse 11 should not exist in Matthew 18 since it does not appear in the oldest and best manuscripts:

B – Vatcanus
א – Sinaitius
L – Regius
Θ – Koridethi
1 – Basle
1582 – Mt. Athos
1346 – Jerusalem
33 – Paris[1]

The inclusion or exclusion of Matthew 18:11 does not affect Christ’s message or any doctrine. Alfred Plummer (A.D. 1841-1926) writes,

The whole of ver. 11, “For the Son of Man came to save that which was lost” is rightly omitted as an interpolation from Lk. xix. 10. It is wanting in א B L and other important authorities, and is rejected by all editors. It was probably inserted to make an introduction to the parable of the Lost Sheep, which follows somewhat abruptly. But the insertion spoils rather than helps the connexion between ver. 10 and ver. 12.[2]

The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, edited by Frank Gaebelein, says that verse 11 was,

Omitted in the earliest witnesses of the Alexandria, pre-Caesarean, Egyptian, and Antiochene text types.[3]

In William Henrickson’s commentary on Matthew he comments,

The words, “For the Son of Man is coming to save that which was lost,” c.f. verse 11 in A.V., are lacking in the best manuscripts and were probably inserted from Luke 19:10.[4]

R. C. H. Lenski, the Lutheran scholar, adds this about verse 11,

The textual evidence against this verse is so strong that we must cancel it from Matthew’s account. It was probably inserted from Luke 19:10.[5]

In the MacArthur New Testament Commentary, John MacArthur writes,

As indicated by brackets in the NASB text, verse 11 (For the Son of Man has come to save that which is lost) is not found in the best early manuscripts of this gospel.[6]

Grant Osborne, in his commentary on Matthew states,

Verse 11 (“For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost”) is added in several manuscripts (D L c TR lat et al.) but missing in others . . . and most likely was added in assimilation to Luke 19:10 and because it aptly fits the imagery of v. 12.[7]

The recognized authority in the field of biblical textual criticism is Bruce M Metzger. He states that Matthew 18:11 is “spurious” and was inserted by a copyists.

There can be little doubt that the words ἦλθεν γὰρ ὁ υἱὸς τοῦ ἀνθρώπου (ζητῆσαι καὶ) σῶσαι τὸ ἀπολωλός are spurious here, being absent from the earliest witnesses representing several textual types (Alexandrian, Egyptian, Antiochian), and manifestly borrowed by copyists from Lk 19.10. The reason for the interpolation was apparently to provide a connection between ver. 10 and verses 12-14.[8]

Some biblical scholars have simply excluded Matthew 18:11 from their books. Their commentaries skip from verse 10 to verse 12. Here is a brief list of a few noted authors:

Davies and Allison. Matthew. The International Critical Commentary [9]

R. T. France. The Gospel of Matthew. The New International Commentary on the New Testament.[10]

John Nolland. The Gospel of Matthew. The New International Greek Testament Commentary.[11]

Did Copyists Insert Matthew 18:11?
It is widely agreed that someone copied Luke 19:10 and inserted it into Matthew 18:11. The copyists probably recognized that Luke 19:10 had recorded the same event and thought it would be helpful to “improve” Matthew 18:11 with the addition. Here is both Mathew 18:11 and Luke 19:10,

For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. Matthew 18:11 (NASB)

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:10 (NASB)

The only difference between these two verses is the phrase “to seek.” It is important to note that while Matthew 18:11 should not exist in our Bibles, the verse does accurately describe what occurred. It captures the sense of Luke 19:10. This discrepancy does not impact what is true or what we believe. It does not affect any doctrine.

Conclusion:
We can thank our God that He has protected the accuracy of His Word. Thank the Lord for His Word!

References:
1. Reuben Swanson. Matthew. New Testament Greek Manuscripts. William Carey International University Press. 1995. p. 173.
2. Alfred Plummer. Exegetical Commentary on the Gospel According To St. Matthew. Roxburghe House Paternoster Row. 1920. p. 252.
3. Frank Gaebelein. Expositor’s Bible Commentary. Regency Reference Library. 1984. vol. 8, footnote 11. p. 401.
4. William Henrickson. Matthew. New Testament Commentary. Baker Book House. 1973. p. 695.
5. R. C. H. Lenski. Matthew. Commentary on the New Testament. Hendrickson Publishers. 1964. p. 693.
6. John MacArthur. Matthew 16-23. The MacArthur New Testament Commentary. Moody press. 1988. p. 119.
7. Grant Osborne. Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Zondervan Publishing. 2010. footnote 4. p. 681.
8. Bruce M Metzger. A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament. United Bible Societies. 1994. p. 36.
9. Davies and Allison. Matthew. The International Critical Commentary. T&T Clark. 1991. vol. 2., pp. 769-772. Note that their commentary skips verse 11.
10. R. T. France. The Gospel of Matthew. The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Eerdmans Publishing. 2007. pp. 686-687.
11. John Nollad. The Gospel of Matthew. The New International Greek Testament Commentary. Eerdmans Publishing. 2005. pp. 741-742.
Re: Stop blasphemy God by Janosky: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The only person disgracing himself here is you, as you havent commented on how 1 John 5:7 got a mention in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), being that it is an insertion, but other almost twenty odd insertions, that is including Matthew 18:11, got treated as a pariah by JW organisation and never got a mention in New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible) but are total AWOL in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible), hmm?

Deal with this easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions nah, instead of excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth angry angry angry

1/ Why is 1 John 5:7 in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible) but Matthew 18:11 and the shy under twenty other verses don't get to have a presence or entry, like 1 John 5:7 does, in the New World Translation (i.e. NWT, that is the Jehovah's Witnesses' official bible). Hmm?
2/ Is the word Jehovah, ever in the Greek original text, hmm?

Bros, You see but you don't read English, my comments is not in French grin grin
Go back to my posts and read as long as it takes you to understand it line by line , including the screenshots of 1 John 5:7.

John 17:6,26, Jesus Christ says your claim is HOGWASH. FALSE.

Assignment for MuttleyLaff:
Bros, go and ask other Bible translators why they are hiding the holy name of Jehovah God which Jesus Christ said himself proclaimed everywhere
John 17:6,26.

Also, ask other Bible translators why they refused to tow the path of Jesus Christ and translators of the NWT and Aramaic Bible

grin grin

Re: Stop blasphemy God by MuttleyLaff: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
Janosky:
[s]Bros, You see but you don't read English, my comments is not in French grin grin
Go back to my posts and read as long as it takes you to understand it line by line , including the screenshots of 1 John 5:7.

Assignment for MuttleyLaff:
Bros, go and ask other Bible translators why they are hiding the holy name of Jehovah God which Jesus Christ said himself proclaimed everywhere
John 17:6,26.
John 17:6,26, Jesus Christ says your claim is HOGWASH

Also, ask other Bible translators why they refused to tow the path of Jesus Christ and translators of the NWT and Aramaic Bible grin grin[/s]
You're defiantly, increasingly, deliberately and repeatedly systematically withholding factual information, so I'll re-ask you again, to deal with this easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions nah, instead of excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth

2/ Is the artificial name, the Jehovah word, ever in the Greek original text, hmm?

Just simply already give your answers to the above questions and let's get a move on
Re: Stop blasphemy God by Janosky: 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[size=12pt]
[s]You're defiantly and increasingly, deliberately and repeatedly systematically withholding factual information, so I'll re-ask you again, to deal with this easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions nah, instead of excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth

2/ Is the artificial name, Jehovah word, ever in the Greek original text, hmm?

Just simply already give your answers to the above questions and let's get a move on[[/s]/size]

Mr Projection FRAUD Exponent, JWs won't fall for your cheap blackmail.

grin

."*John 17:6,26
"I have revealed your Name to the children of men, those whom you have given me from the world; yours they were, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word."

." 26"And I have revealed to them your Name, and I am revealing it, so that the love with which you have loved me shall be in them, and I shall be in them."

Whether MuttleyLaff like am or not, Yeshua spoke his Father's holy name, YHWH Jehovah.
Jesus Christ & his followers spoke Aramaic and Greek respectively during his earthly ministry.
Bros, STOP deceiving yourself.

Muttley WAILER grin grin

Re: Stop blasphemy God by MuttleyLaff: 4:12am On Sep 07, 2020
Janosky:
Mr Projection FRAUD Exponent, JWs won't fall for your cheap blackmail. grin

."*John 17:6,26
"I have revealed your Name to the children of men, those whom you have given me from the world; yours they were, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word."

." 26"And I have revealed to them your Name, and I am revealing it, so that the love with which you have loved me shall be in them, and I shall be in them."

*Whether MuttleyLaff like am or not, Yeshua spoke his Father's holy name, YHWH Jehovah.
Jesus Christ & his followers spoke Aramaic and Greek respectively during his earthly ministry.
Bros, STOP deceiving yourself.

Muttley WAILER grin grin

MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

In John 8:42 above, "exerchomai" is the Greek original word, translated as "proceeded forth". By definition, it means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs. So, John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ proceeded forth and came out from.

First and foremost, there is nothing like Mr Projection FRAUD exponent because as you hopefully can see from John 8:42, the Greek word, "exerchomai", from the original text, means, proceed forth and come out from (i.e. projection)

Secondly, nobody is blackmailing you, no one is threatening you, but it is you incessantly withholding embarrassing and compromising information that you know, if you divulge or admit to, will damn you, so you deceive yourself with burying the truth by not answering any of the two questions relisted below, with an added bonus:

3/ Did Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, ever use the artificial name, Jehovah word?
Re: Stop blasphemy God by Janosky: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[size=12pt]First and foremost, there is nothing like Mr Projection FRAUD exponent because as you hopefully can see from John 8:42, the Greek word, "exerchomai", from the original text, means, proceed forth and come out from (i.e. projection)

Secondly, nobody is blackmailing you, no one is threatening you, but it it is you incessantly withholding embarrassing and compromising information that you know, if you divulge or admit to, will damn you, so you deceive yourself with burying the truth by not answering any of the two questions relisted below, with an added bonus:

3/ Did Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, ever use the artificial name, Jehovah word?[/size]

Lionel Messi came forth from Argentina, therefore Lionel Messi himself is Argentina.
Pele came forth from Brazil. Therefore, Pele himself is Brazil.
Because Jesus came forth from God, Jesus himself is God.
That is the projection FRAUD you FALSELY claim to explain away your man made GIBBERISH.

Muttleylaff no get SENSE grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop blasphemy God by achorladey: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

First and foremost, there is nothing like Mr Projection FRAUD exponent because as you hopefully can see from John 8:42, the Greek word, "exerchomai", from the original text, means, proceed forth and come out from (i.e. projection)

Secondly, nobody is blackmailing you, no one is threatening you, but it it is you incessantly withholding embarrassing and compromising information that you know, if you divulge or admit to, will damn you, so you deceive yourself with burying the truth by not answering any of the two questions relisted below, with an added bonus:

3/ Did Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, ever use the artificial name, Jehovah word?

Must he use FRAUD or WAYO or LIARS to advance or say whatever he want to put out there grin grin grin. It is not that those words change the point made anyway.

1 Like

Re: Stop blasphemy God by MuttleyLaff: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
achorladey:
Must he use FRAUD or WAYO or LIARS to advance or say whatever he want to put out there grin grin grin. It is not that those words change the point made anyway.
Dont mind him, to slap him, almost just dey hungry me do, because of him, just not answering the three easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions, but instead is excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth.
Re: Stop blasphemy God by achorladey: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Dont mind him, to slap him, almost just dey hungry me do, because of him, just not answering the three easy, simple, direct, innocent, harmless, and straightforward questions, but instead is excitedly foaming and drooling from all corners of the mouth.
cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu / God Is Good, He Has Done Me Well, / Grace : The Power Of The Gospel - Andrew Wommack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.