Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (118692 Views)

What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Ventura1: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2020
We shouldn't be bias, if places like these makes up the larger part of PH, it is sad and the government has failed.
We have places like these in Lagos too but the govt is trying to upgrade their infrastructures, except in Ojo, Amuwo odofin and Badagry due to political bias.

28 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by braimeddy: 10:22am On Apr 06, 2020
Is there any city in nigeria that doesn't have a slum environment?
Dantedasz:
I always laugh when people come here to post pictures of GRA, Aba road and Trans Amadi layout and claim that is all there is to Port Harcourt.
The OP has posted pictures of the real Port Harcourt that they hide from you with the narrow roads and speed breakers/speed bumps everywhere.

16 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by nextdoor84(m): 10:28am On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:
Okrika/Kalahari/ijaw are living in peace here at Creek road port harcourt

Oga, there is nothing like kalahari in Rivers state.
Propaganda kee you there!!

22 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by snitchbitch: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2020
Typing....
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by ruggedtimi(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2020
Ventura1:
We shouldn't be bias, if places like these makes up the larger part of PH, it is sad and the government has failed.
We have places like these in Lagos too but the govt is trying to upgrade their infrastructures, except in Ojo, Amuwo odofin and Badagry due to political bias.
there are highbrow areas in pH too..op is in the old town of ph..pH has one of the best road networks in Nigeria. Former governor Amaechi wanted to destroy the waterfront ghettos but the people resisted

29 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by RenaissanceGuy: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2020
If I ever decide to contest and I become a governor, Heaven knows one of my first policies will be to send a bill to the state legislature banning the use of rusty iron roofing sheets in the capital city and other towns in the state, with enforcement team set up in the state's ministry of work and housing. I hate the sight of rusty roofing sheets. Govt has to provide a standard for people to follow, else no development.

Added: I will give 3 months' grace period for houses currently donning those rusty sheets to replace them, with monthly fines for those who fail to meet up until they do so.
JastSiryin:
Thank God you're not a Governor. I wonder how you expect the poor living in shanties to afford elaborate roofs when they barely could afford cheap ones. No rich person(a sensible one atleast) would want to use zinc sheets when there are better options. Improve their living conditions first, and you wouldn't need to use force. A government which always has to use force to achieve its aims is a failed one.That, if anything, shows the massive divide between a government and it's people.
We're talking about state capital here and other city centres, not the whole state. You think Europe and the US will be this beautiful if they didn't enforce standards across many facet of their lives? No! Think again.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Customtest: 11:27am On Apr 06, 2020
1) 6 one bedroom flats and a self contain on a one and half plot of land..fenced and interlocked. Tarred Road and reliable power supply all in the heart of portharcourt...

2 building

3 bedroom bungalow with a 2bedroom flat and 2 self contain each
Fenced and a tarred road with power supply that is ok.

Price: N25m each .

Call:08077579372

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Lol.. See Chino. Fear no allow you post with your main moniker. Chinonso Dike, you are playing with your job in Rivers. Na to screenshot all your negative comments and pictures and meet the appropriate quarter to arrange your sack.

This is not chino.

Go through op past post pls..be guided..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by HopeAtHand: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

This is not chino.

Go through op past post pls..be guided..

Chino has more than 20Monikers on NL. Someone I've known since 2013 on NL. He threatened to show the badside of PH after he had an online misunderstanding with Kinematics. He also revealed he wouldn't do it with his main moniker to safeguard the propaganda job he does for RVSG.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by James4bright(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2020
You just made Port Harcourt look bad with this thread. I actually had this illusion that Port Harcourt was a beautiful city.

21 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Chino has more than 20Monikers on NL. Someone I've known since 2013 on NL. He threatened to show the badside of PH after he had an online misunderstanding with Kinematics. He also revealed he wouldn't do it with his main moniker to safeguard the propaganda job he does for RVSG.

Lolzzz
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by OPONG: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2020
Almighty port Harcourt shanties
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by IamR: 11:55am On Apr 06, 2020
James4bright:
You just made Port Harcourt look bad with this thread. I actually had this illusion that Port Harcourt was a beautiful city.
Port Harcourt is a beautiful city with slums just like other big cities in Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by HopeAtHand: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2020
Dantedasz:

While I agree the OP might have his own agenda, my point is that most threads about Port Harcourt and governor Wike tend to only show pictures of GRA,Aba road and Trans Amadi layout area conveniently failing to mention the water front slums.
This is just Port Harcourt there are a lot of bad under developed local governments in Rivers state. I know this because I have been around the state.

When Omehia wanted to demolish and redevelop the waterfront (waterside) slums, Okrikans said Ikwerres wanted to chase them out of PH. Demonstrating everyday and saying all manner of things against Ikwerres.

Almost all waterfronts in PH are slums. Fact. And the people living there are squatting on govt land. Another fact. Because of the nature of Okrikans, a ethnic group notorious for causing conflict and confusion over land that is not theirs, they suspect any measure that intends to looks into waterfronts and it's redevelopment. Cos they know any inquisiton will result in their exposure. Rufus Ada-George is the reason for all this.

12 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Kinematics: 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
See the clown CHINO has started clowning already..
Going to watersides to take pictures, atleast many of us told you about the real ghetto in PH. We didn't hide it, neither did we say PH is an Eldorado.

Even with all this pictures Onitsha/Anambra will never be at the level of PH/Rivers in all ramifications.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
James4bright:

Well it Is not.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kinematics:
See the clown CHINO has started clowning already..
Going to watersides to take pictures, atleast many of us told you about the real ghetto in PH. We didn't hide it, neither did we say PH is an Eldorado.

Even with all this pictures Onitsha/Anambra will never be at the level of PH/Rivers in all ramifications.

For instance every corners of river Niger is very neat compared with this dirty stuff....Just shut up..

This is just pH, if they move to other local Governments, wahala go dey....

Simply oil drilling and offices, aside that every every is no..

Maybe you are blind to the slums you are calling city.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Kinematics: 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
HopeAtHand:

After the clown's bragging this is all he can come up with?
As if this will change the fact that his Onitsha is worse than PH.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
HopeAtHand:

When Omehia wanted to demolish and redevelop the waterfront (waterside) slums, Okrikans said Ikwerres wanted to chase them out of PH. Demonstrating everyday and saying all manner of things against Ikwerres.

Almost all waterfronts in PH are slums. Fact. And the people living there are squatting on govt land. Another fact. Because of the nature of Okrikans, a ethnic group notorious for causing conflict and confusion over land that is not theirs, they suspect any measure that intends to looks into waterfronts and it's redevelopment. Cos they know any inquisiton will result in their exposure. Rufus Ada-George is the reason for all this.

Government should just move them away from there...

Even the surroundings looks notorious...then let govt handle them in notorious way.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Kinematics: 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

For instance every corners of river Niger is very neat compared with this dirty stuff....Just shut up..

This is just pH, if they move to other local Governments, wahala go dey....

Simply oil drilling and offices, aside that every every is no..

Maybe you are blind to the slums you are calling city.

Tell this to people who dont know one of the the dirtiest place on earth called Onitsha.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Tell this to people who dont know one of the the dirtiest place on earth called Onitsha.

You are seeing dirtiness starring in your face and you are still typing trash.

See where human beings are living. Even Kenya won't have this evil as slums.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kinematics:

After the clown's bragging this is all he can come up with? As if this will change the fact that his Onitsha is worse than PH.
Which part of the slums here are you living from the pictures?
Use an arrow to indicate that...
Thank you.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
LabDNA:

Ewedu man, I thought you claimed it is Aba? Or your SE vs SS goading failed? grin

Like I always say, no other creature dribbles themselves with concurrent approbation and reprobation like the yorubaman. grin

Leave the yorubaman for now and look at the pictures of pH..

That's more important...

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by okpurukata(f): 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
These are actually the true state of the water fronts occupied by the Kalabari, Okrika and Ijaws. You will throw up just thinking about that area. Former Governor Amaechi and Omehia tried their best to demolish and rebuild the water front but were strongly resisted. When I see all this I still give God glory because I dont understand how humans survive in these environments.

17 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Stillthebest: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
kiss

People living in the villages, slums, creeks, ghettos are the happiest people on earth!

9 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by otokx(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
okpurukata:
These are actually the true state of the water fronts occupied by the Kalabari, Okrika and Ijaws. You will throw up just thinking about that area. Former Governor Amaechi and Omehia tried their best to demolish and rebuild the water front but were strongly resisted. When I see all this I still give God glory because I dont understand how humans survive in these environments.

They actually survive well and have increased immunity.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Necksonnel: 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Nigeria just too dirty

15 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
See dirty o..... wink

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Justarandomguy: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
Only thing I see here is how this country is god damn dirty. sad sadgod damn

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by mcdon024(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
Port Harcourt.. Such a dirty city kiss lipsrsealed embarassed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.