Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? (8042 Views)

Nigeria's Prison Demography In The Year 1958 - 1959 / Understanding The Voting Demography Of Lagos And Why Obi Might Win It / Demography Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, can you now see why I tell you it's difficult to know...

Your figures are so high.
Your figures isn't possible..

Lemme explain..
In Ondo city (my town), we have about 70 - 75% Christians, traditional maybe 20%

Mind you, In my town we have about 25 traditional festivals in a year. Which Christians, Muslims and traditional alike do partake.

I ask you will you count those that partake to be Christians?
Even our Oba is a Christian and he do lots of religious stuff..

The same stuff I said above applied to every town in SW.
Be it Christians dominated town or not..

Below is the list of our traditional festivals
What of akoko,ilaje,akure,owo,okitipupa? I know there many Muslims in akoko
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:

What of akoko,ilaje,akure,owo,okitipupa? I know there many Muslims in akoko

Yeah there are many Muslims in akoko.

Ilaje/okitipupa (head quarters of witches), Owo, Akure.

They are Christians Buh I not all are real Christians cos traditional religion shi
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ORIENTATION101: 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Traditionalist there is just 3.3 percent or thereabouts.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.
you wrote absolutely trash. The op figures where still realistic .
Christanity got to ogun state before other states in Nigeria.
Ogun central, ogun east re predominantly christains , ogun west is shared.
Where did u get all the nonsense you wrote.
The only state that have predominantly muslim in yorubaland is osun state due to proximity to north.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by u11ae1013: 11:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.
we know your type, a yoruba slave in Jos or kaduna who has probably not visited the southwest, thank God for technology, at least you can sit in bukuru Jos and type rubbish figures

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Yeah there are many Muslims in akoko.

Ilaje/okitipupa (head quarters of witches), Owo, Akure.

They are Christians Buh I not all are real Christians cos traditional religion shi
Ekiti nko

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
you wrote absolutely trash. The op figures where still realistic .
Christanity got to ogun state before other states in Nigeria.
Ogun central, ogun east re predominantly christains , ogun west is shared.
Where did u get all the nonsense you wrote.
The only state that have predominantly muslim in yorubaland is osun state due to proximity to north.
I think there are Muslims in oyo compared to osun.there are many Muslims among the ijebus and egbas esp abeokuta north.mind you oyo is closer to the north than osun.

Cc metaphysical oshigun

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Alary: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:
I think it is 45% christians,40% Muslims and 15% traditionalists.oyo is 60% Muslims,35% christians5% pagans.osun 50% muslims 40% Christians 10% pagans.ondo should be 70% Christians 20% Muslims,10 pagans.
Ekiti has 90% christian,10% muslims.ogun has 60% Christians 30% Muslims 10% pagans.lagos has 60% Muslims 40% Christians.

Mynd44
Helinues
Meleszenawi
Afroknight
Caseless
Kahal
Orientation
Nowenuse
Ojiofor
Amaniro
Scholes
Tylerburden
We have more OSU than Christians in southest,
Enugu Osu 59%, Christians 28%, Others 13%
Abia Osu 48% ,Christians 30% ,Others 22%
Anambra okija shrine, Osu 20% ,Christians 12% Others 68%
Imo Osu 52% ,Christians 31% ,Others 27%
Ebonyi Osu 42%, Christians 21%, Others 37%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by xcellentgraphic: 12:27am On Apr 07, 2020
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=88169046]The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.[/quote
You go just sit for ur useless country dey write nonsense about nigeria]

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by xcellentgraphic: 12:27am On Apr 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You go just sit for ur useless country dey write nonsense about nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by tatatar: 12:27am On Apr 07, 2020
According to ipob bureau of statistics,it is Muslims-70% and Christains-30%
I wonder why those people are so obsessed about the SW.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Odkosh: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

It's actually a great percentage from the south west that voted and is still supporting the dullard

Let's understand the religious demograp of the region first.... Let's also understand how one man can cage a whole region and put them inside his wallet.... Is it juju or jazz
Sorry to say o. But your parents are lazy o.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by MetaPhysical: 2:45am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

I think there are Muslims in oyo compared to osun.there are many Muslims among the ijebus and egbas esp abeokuta north.mind you oyo is closer to the north than osun.

Cc metaphysical oshigun

Yoruba is Yoruba.

There is no Christian and Muslim Yoruba.

If you want to count Yoruba, go ahead! But If you start counting christians and muslims you will count your family in half. Truth!

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 6:09am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Ekiti nko
Ekiti get lots of Christians, more than Ondo

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by oyatz(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2020
Okay.

MelesZenawi:

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by EagleNest(m): 6:33am On Apr 07, 2020
Nigeria and religion. Inseparable!
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Splashme: 6:35am On Apr 07, 2020

I have lived in almost all the Yoruba states.
The only state with an obvious Muslim majority is Osun (but Ede and Ife areas have Christian majority).

Oyo is 50 : 50

They are more Christians in Ogun, Ondo, Lagos and Ekiti

But hey, give it to the Yoruba's when it comes to religious tolerance. My former landlord was a Christian,
his wife Alhaja was a Muslim, their female child was a Muslim while the male children followed their dad to church.
The female child got married to a Christian husband and converted to Christianity while two of the male children
backslided from Christianity and neither go to church nor Mosque. Till date, their mum remains a devoted Muslim while
the dad is a Deacon

This is my unbiased observation

$

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ORIENTATION101: 6:50am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Cc metaphysical oshigun
oyo might be closer to north though cos it share boundary with kwara , but i dont believe there re more muslims in ijebu. Check all the prominent sons and daughter of ijebu 80% of them re christains.
Egbas have muslims too but majority re christains. There is a song in egba that says jesus is an egba son and egba owns christainity.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by oyatz(m): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2020
Osun has a slight Muslim population but the only major cities (out of the nine cities in Osun State) that have Christian majority are Ile-Ife and Ilesha, Ejigbo is too close to call.

Iwo, Ede, Ikire, Ikirun and Ila are Muslim dominated.

Oshogbo may be 50-50 but this is largely due to the influx of non-indigenes into the capital city.
The real Oshogbo Indigenes have higher Muslim population with significant Traditionalists.
It will be more appropriate to even say many true Indigenes of Oshogbo practice more than one religions either simultaneously or at different stages of their lives.

Splashme:

The only state with an obvious Muslim majority is Osun (but Ede and Ife have Christian majority).

$

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by LabDNA: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

[s]Yoruba is Yoruba.

There is no Christian and Muslim Yoruba.
[/s]
If you want to count Yoruba, go ahead! But If you start counting christians and muslims you will count your family in half. Truth!

Make-me-happy lies. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Ekiti get lots of Christians, more than Ondo
Ogun

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 7:01am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Ogun

More Christians than Muslims Less than Ondo & Ekiti
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Splashme:

The only state with an obvious Muslim majority is Osun (but Ede and Ife areas have Christian majority).

But hey, give it to the Yoruba's when it comes to religious tolerance. My former landlord was a Christian,
his wife Alhaja was a Muslim, their female child was a Muslim while the male children followed their dad to church.
The female child got married to a Christian husband and converted to Christianity while two of the male children
backslided from Christianity and neither go to church nor Mosque. Till date, their mum remains a devoted Muslim while
the dad is a Deacon

$

You made a Mistake

There are slightly more Muslims than Christians in Osun..

Ede is Muslims dominated

Oyo has high Muslims dominated than Christians.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2020
oyatz:
Osun has a slight Muslim population but the only major cities (out of the nine cities in Osun State) that have Christian majority are Ile-Ife and Ilesha, Ejigbo is too close to call.

Oshogbo may be 50-50 but this is largely due to the influx of non-indigenes into the capital city.
The real Oshogbo Indigenes have higher Muslim population with significant Traditionalists.
It will be more appropriate to even say many true Indigenes of Oshogbo practice more than one religions either simultaneously or at different stages of their lives.

Correct
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Precious4real50(f): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2020
cheesy grin cheesy grin If you can't site moon you are not Muslim cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by haffaze777(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:
I have to no avail,its better i hear from those on ground
it add no value to u so we won't share d information with ugrin
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:

More Christians than Muslims Less than Ondo & Ekiti
Lagos
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Lagos

That Lagos get as e be.

Indigenous Lagosians have more Muslims than Christians.

Buh immigration/ non indigene made Lagos to have more Christians than Muslims.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by haffaze777(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ose awon eyan liar mohammedgrin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Haywhysat: 7:29am On Apr 07, 2020
oyatz:

Hello, your analysis about osun is actually true to an extent, buh lemme correct some things, i'm from Ife, osun state, and yes, Ife land, Ijesha land have more and many Christians. Ikirun, Iwo, Ede and those town from that side have more Muslims

Osun state is 50-50 between Christians and Muslims, oyo state has more Muslims than Osun state self.

I don't know the reason why people always think there are no much Christians in osun state, maybe they stay in a town where Muslims dominate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Cc metaphysical oshigun
In Oyo, there's the lower part and upper part.

Oyo state is the biggest state in the south of Nigeria.

So the lower parts have significant number of Christian, while the upper part have significant number of Muslim.

It's not that simple

So 45% christian, 55 Muslim
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by goodnessme1(f): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2020
We yoruba muslim are more in populations.

forget about this churches that full everywhere here.if you do your finding,you will know that most of it members are strangers on our land.

75%muslim

traditional and christians shares 25%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
Sorry to say o. But your parents are lazy o.

But you never had any parent....
Not to talk about them being lazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opposition Against APC Single Faith Ticket Rages - Nigerian Tribune / President Buhari To Visit Ogun State By January 13 / Northern Ambassador Tells Host Country That Nigerian Criminals Are Southerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.