Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? (8052 Views)

Nigeria's Prison Demography In The Year 1958 - 1959 / Understanding The Voting Demography Of Lagos And Why Obi Might Win It / Demography Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by goodnessme1(f): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2020
Splashme:

I have lived in almost all the Yoruba states.
The only state with an obvious Muslim majority is Osun (but Ede and Ife areas have Christian majority).

Oyo is 50 : 50

They are more Christians in Ogun, Ondo, Lagos and Ekiti

But hey, give it to the Yoruba's when it comes to religious tolerance. My former landlord was a Christian,
his wife Alhaja was a Muslim, their female child was a Muslim while the male children followed their dad to church.
The female child got married to a Christian husband and converted to Christianity while two of the male children
backslided from Christianity and neither go to church nor Mosque. Till date, their mum remains a devoted Muslim while
the dad is a Deacon

This is my unbiased observation

$

My yoruba muslim bother you are not lying.
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:

That Lagos get as e be.

[[b]b]Indigenous Lagosians have more Muslims than Christians.

Buh immigration/ non indigene made Lagos to have more [/b]Christians than Muslim[/b]s.
You nailed it here
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by senatordave1(m): 8:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Iamgrey5:
In Oyo, there's the lower part and upper part.

Oyo state is the biggest state in the south of Nigeria.

So the lower parts have significant number of Christian, while the upper part have significant number of Muslim.

It's not that simple

So 45% christian, 55 Muslim
I still think they are more christians

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2020
Iamgrey5:
In Oyo, there's the lower part and upper part.

Oyo state is the biggest state in the south west of Nigeria.

So the lower parts have significant number of Christian, while the upper part have significant number of Muslim.

It's not that simple

So 45% christian, 55 Muslim

Stop lumping everyone here together. What sort of Nonsense is that. Oyo is the largest state in west and probably one of the largest state in Nigeria.

Yorubaland is not in South....It is strictly west with others areas like Benin republic, Togo and the rest. You can say Oyo state us the largest state in west and other neighbouring Yoruba indigenous countries like Benin republic.

What sort of fictitious south are you talking about....when Yorubaland is situated strictly in west.
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by AceRoot(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro are you trying to divide SW??

There is no way you can know the religious demography of south west.

The person you called Christian or Muslim might be a confirm traditional worshipper

Even, I as a Christian many years ago, I do consult these Alfas and some herbalist when boy dey in street we go collect soap/powder wey I go dey use to talk to girls.
By put it on my face or washing my head.

Can you now count me as a Christian then?
Definitely no, so it's Impossibe to know.

HOLY PROPHET MOHAMMED, THROUGH JESUS THE CHRIST, IN THE HANDS of OUR BABALAWO. You are simply put, a YORUBA.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Sammy07: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2020
AceRoot:

HOLY PROPHET MOHAMMED, THROUGH JESUS THE CHRIST, IN THE HANDS of OUR BABALAWO. You are simply put, a YORUBA.

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Yes you are almost right. SW is 95% Christians and 3% Muslims with 2% ATR.

Shibuke thank you for the statistics.

God bless you for the vision ahead of us.
Your statistics is what we Christians are working towards.
SW that has zero Muslims is achievable..!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Odkosh: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

But you never had any parent....
Not to talk about them being lazy
No na, if they are not lazy. You won't be this dull. I am not abusing you, only stating the fact.
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by backnbeta(f): 9:20am On Apr 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Traditionalist there is just 3.3 percent or thereabouts.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.
Studies have shown that there are more Christians in SW...just look at the demographic distribution of the respondents in any 20 random studies conducted in the South West. Surprisingly also, ATR as a religious affiliation has very low percentage as most people are either Christians or Muslims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by orisa37: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2020
It's 65 Christians
30 Islam and
05 Others.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by mabea: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2020
90% Pagans, 7% Christians and 3% Muslims

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Igbaguru: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2020
This is useless topic so far on this platform. Christian and Muslim in south west live in harmony. For instance father could be Muslim while mother could be Christian. We are not religion bigot. Nobody can fight for Almighty God
Any God you fight for is god. Enemies of us in south west cannot prosper.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
No na, if they are not lazy. You won't be this dull. I am not abusing you, only stating the fact.

Neither am I abusing you
You dont have any parents
No good upbringing

If you did... You won't be borrowing data to defend a lifeless certificate less cattle rearer on social media...
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by IamAtikulate: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2020
Splashme:

I have lived in almost all the Yoruba states.
The only state with an obvious Muslim majority is Osun (but Ede and Ife areas have Christian majority).

Oyo is 50 : 50

T hey are more Christians in Ogun, Ondo, Lagos and Ekiti

But hey, give it to the Yoruba's when it comes to religious tolerance. My former landlord was a Christian,
his wife Alhaja was a Muslim, their female child was a Muslim while the male children followed their dad to church.
The female child got married to a Christian husband and converted to Christianity while two of the male children
backslided from Christianity and neither go to church nor Mosque. Till date, their mum remains a devoted Muslim while
the dad is a Deacon

This is my unbiased observation

$

You forgot to add.

The Moslems among them are traitors

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Odkosh: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Neither am I abusing you
You dont have any parents
No good upbringing

If you did... You won't be borrowing data to defend a lifeless certificate less cattle rearer on social media...
Zombie. Your parents need lots to do
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
Zombie. Your parents need lots to do

Only zombies support this evil and cow government

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Odkosh: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Only zombies support this evil and cow government
Oponu, my state voted against him. Not everyone is a zombie like you that just follow because others are following. That yorubas for you. My state ondo and oyo voted against him while others shared. I know if he's in pdp, you idiots will follow him like dummy. This is the reason someone use kerosene to buy your destiny.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
Oponu, my state voted against him. Not everyone is a zombie like you that just follow because others are following. That yorubas for you. My state ondo and oyo voted against him while others shared. I know he's in pdp, you idiots will follow him like dummy. This is the reason someone use kerosene to buy your destiny.

I'm not talking about your state
I'm talking about you... Ode

Any supporter of Buhari is a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro are you trying to divide SW??

There is no way you can know the religious demography of south west.

The person you called Christian or Muslim might be a confirm traditional worshipper

Even, I as a Christian many years ago, I do consult these Alfas and some herbalist when boy dey in street we go collect soap/powder wey I go dey use to talk to girls.
By put it on my face or washing my head.

Can you now count me as a Christian then?
Definitely no, so it's Impossibe to know.
The OP pain you but you still got to call him your bro inspite of your pain! Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Alary:

We have more OSU than Christians in southest,
Enugu Osu 59%, Christians 28%, Others 13%
Abia Osu 48% ,Christians 30% ,Others 22%
Anambra okija shrine, Osu 20% ,Christians 12% Others 68%
Imo Osu 52% ,Christians 31% ,Others 27%
Ebonyi Osu 42%, Christians 21%, Others 37%

What's wrong with this one. The post pain you and you nor fit challenge the guy but rather remembered your nightmares?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
tatatar:
According to ipob bureau of statistics,it is Muslims-70% and Christains-30%
I wonder why those people are so obsessed about the SW.
So senatordave1 a certified top notch Zombie is now Ipob Abii? You have eyes but can't see.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Barbilius: 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
These stupid yanmirins and their obsession with religion in Yorubaland. Bloody fools, wetin b their own

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by ChoCho54(f): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
haffaze777:

it add no value to u so we won't share d information with ugrin
Keep consoling yourself. Insha Allah, Sharia rule must be fully established in all SW states by year 2021.

Allah be pressed!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by haffaze777(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
ChoCho54:

Keep consoling yourself. Insha Allah, Sharia rule must be fully established in all SW states by year 2021.

Allah be pressed!

I don't like Igbo crazytains or jews to quote me please give ur phone to ur peaceful Igbo muslim around u.

God bless all peace loving Igbo muslim

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Firstpage: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The Muslim population in South west , let me correct that impression today is 76.8% against Christian's against 19.9% population.

Traditionalist there is just 3.3 percent or thereabouts.

Now basically Osun is a full Muslims state with nearly 92% Percent Muslim population if not 96 by statistical survey...How many churches are in Osun state?...few

Now Ogun state would have been a total Muslims state if not for her Lagos proximity , more reason the Muslim there are defiant to lock down..

[b]Oyo Should be pegged at 70 percent Muslim population though still contestable that Christian population there is not up to 26 Percent..

Ondo was devoted to God even before the British arrived. The only Christian state with Aketi leading the fate. Most of their Indigenes are religiously ok and I pray they make heaven at last.

Ekiti is another body of Christ but it seems today that the light Christ dropped for them is leaving the state.

Lagos is where the remaining low percentage of so called Christians from osun, Ogun and Oyo now congregate to cause problem and destroy Christianity.

Stop disgracing Igbos. People Will think all of you are lunatics.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Firstpage: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
u11ae1013:
we know your type, a yoruba slave in Jos or kaduna who has probably not visited the southwest, thank God for technology, at least you can sit in bukuru Jos and type rubbish figures

Are you a retard? The slowpoke is a Igbo slave from abakaliki.
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by nlPoster: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

There is a reason behind the birth of Amotekun. grin grin

Don't be paranoid about Amotekun.
Re: What Is The Religious Demography Of The South West ? by Firstpage: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
goodnessme1:
We yoruba muslim are more in populations.

forget about this churches that full everywhere here.if you do your finding,you will know that most of it members are strangers on our land.

75%muslim

traditional and christians shares 25%

I think we OSU's are more than freeborn in yiboland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate History (1972-2022) / Thanks To APC Government, Look At What I Have Converted My Fridge Into / Jonathan Conferred With The Highest Honour In Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.