Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (109378 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Obi-Datti Bread To Be Distributed In Edo (Pics & Video) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Nathphil(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
JAMO84:
Rwanda has the same population with Kano, they can afford to feed everyone in that country for ten years. That's not to say we cannot do better, it's corruption that's killing us in this Country!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Well if only a state in Nigeria can try and change naija will be better.
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by dazzlingd(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Xneg:
Rwanda's entire population is just abt half of Lagos, this is almost impossible in Nigeria.

May God bless u for having wisdom
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by forgiveness: 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Omooba77:

https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/1247854465702559745?s=19

Complete package unlike the state with the biggest economy sharing pafun with one congo of rice. cry cry

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by jaxxy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
When ur mind is not clean towards or with the generality of the people u will continue to miss the mark and do stupid things.

Nigeria is NOT a civilized society and we don't want to be civilized.

Perharps only 30% of Nigerians are civilized, 10% decent and law abiding, 10% Clueless/ignorant, 30% educated Barbarians(politicians included) 20% ignorant Barbarians.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by enemyofprogress: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
See what Rwanda is sharing to her people. Shame on Buhari and all our political leaders

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by frankmoney(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Graysons:
I thought Wike did this in Rivers State or I'm I missing something? undecided
wike did what ? He did nothing

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Samdaresd(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Compare that to your dear country Nigeria
FertileAfrika:
Is that meant for everyone in Rwanda or just a specific amount of people, because that doesn't look like much to me. undecided
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Splashme: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Rwanda has the best President in Africa. Argue with your corrupt leaders.

I have always said so

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Btruth: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chai! See as country dey organise. And yet, this is in Africa. Who do we offend in Nigeria gan self?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by enemyofprogress: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Graysons:
I thought Wike did this in Rivers State or I'm I missing something? undecided
he didn't did anything
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Butoneday2(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
I will nationalized to Rwanda after this coro pandemic season. What an insult in this zoo called Nigeria. angry
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by enemyofprogress: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Btruth:
Chai! See as country dey organise. And yet, this is in Africa. Who do we offend in Nigeria gan self?
Nigeria is just big for nothing

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by honesttalk21: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Not to justify ours!
Their population is estimated at 12,952,218 against our close to 204,000,000

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by nextstep(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Xneg:
Rwanda's entire population is just abt half of Lagos, this is almost impossible in Nigeria.
honesttalk21:
Not to justify ours!
Their population is estimated at 12,952,218 against our close to 204,000,000

It should and can be possible. The level of productivity should match your population. Food per capita simply means: the more people, the more food is produced, and the more should be stored in emergencies.

USA with nearly 2x our population can do it, as can Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa, and Rwanda with different populations and levels of development... so it's not a matter of population, but of commitment to your own people's survival.

We have the land, we have the farmers, we have the resources. What we don't have is good management and enough foresight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX6qrY4VwTs

I saw this video a while ago, about a large yam barn in Edo, of a single farmer. One man! See the video, showing off one man's effort, and tell me whether Nigeria should have any business with poverty, if our governments (state and federal) would take this seriously and store the excess for times like this.

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by bendike: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Stalwert:
grin grin show us how you and Jonathan shared $2 billion arms funds, that is where our real interest is not extolling the virtues of Kigame, who ruthlessly deal with critiques and dissidents.
Typical Nigerian, attacking the messanger and not addressing the message.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by back2sender: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lawdis:
Nigeria leaders/government can do more better than this but they're all hardened greedy criminals

VERY CORRECT, ALL NIGERIANS MUST RISE UP AND ASK FOR ACCOUNTABILITY ON HOW COVID-19 FUNDS ARE SPENT.

IT MUST NOT BE BUSINESS AS USUAL
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by zraamaam: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by enemyofprogress: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
FertileAfrika:
Is that meant for everyone in Rwanda or just a specific amount of people, because that doesn't look like much to me. undecided
wetin Nigeria give to Nigerians? No let me vex with you o

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Shekochild: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Nigeria needs serious referendum to decide whether to still remain together or go our separate ways..

How long will you keep saying this till thy kingdom come....

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by tunderoc(m): 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
To you ehn Rwanda na ordinary ehn? See they're a nation that learnt the hard way and after the genocide they decided it's time to build a great nation, as they're very much on course to becoming a true giant in Africa by 2030,not like a nation that perpetrated genocide against a section and those perpetrators and their kids still rule supreme and looting our Commonwealth with reckless abandon. God bless Pres. Paul kagame
OlawaleBammie:
U mean single portion for a whole town or single family??

Abi wait, is it for single person like we baselo

Dis is too much na, abi na Nigeria effect dey afect me ni

Wait!! See two two gallons of g/nut oyel sef

Ordinary Rwanda,

Baba God wetin i use offend You naa embarassed embarassed embarassed

And Finland dey der oo. Ok sha, You understand better But me a no understand oo.

Modified: Wait!! No b one one bag of rice a dey see soo??

In my corntree we no see ordinary tin tomato na, inshort, our akantant general sef contain dey burn lowolowo.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by davidodiba(m): 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Decently and in order
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Clinghton: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
lionness:
The white man prison is far more decent, organized, safer and humane than the society called Nigerian.
Yesterday I was watching a movie and saw an American prison, it smacked me hard that that prison is cleaner and neater than some part of Lagos called Lekki and the place called Aso Rock. I seriously don’t know why leadership and kindness is such an impossibility in Nigeria. I mean who embezzles money meant to save lives in such a time? Which kind of presidency or leadership turns a pandemic to money making jamboree that they even have to burn down the accountant of the nations office to hide info. It’s sad that even the billionaires are donating money to such government just to show off when that money can be given to small businesses to feed the poor people. Nigeria, we too wowo, just wicked pass alligator

People also get killed there.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by SenecaTheYonger: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
FertileAfrika:

This one wey never even see pure water from govt dey open mouth talk

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by snapatini(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
I pray Naija reach this stage one day
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Mizwisdom(f): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
How many people will this reach?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by DanEmakoji(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
May God destroy Nigeria and everything therein as fast as possible and install fresh generation

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by DSoj(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
Rwanda with just 12m population.. not even as big as Lagos state. .
Anyone that thinks you can compare management of 12m people to 200m people must be a mediocre.
She should come and contest na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by sylve11: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Rwanda has the best President in Africa. Argue with your corrupt leaders.

Gbam... cool
Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Splashme: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
FertileAfrika:

Oga, what did Buhari give to you?

Okonjo Iweala said "households".
That's each household in Rwanda.

This particular community looks like a village (from the background).
So, each portion is for each household in that community

$

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Mccullum: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
I don't know what our for Minister of finance want to derived from this, below is the fats

CAPE TOWN - The Ugandan government will start distributing food parcels to 1.5 million vulnerable homes from Saturday.

The distribution is meant to aid families that are unable to provide for themselves during a lockdown put in place by the government to reduce the movement of people and curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ugandan Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda told parliament that the ministry of relief and disaster preparedness would provide food to the elderly, sick and commuter taxi drivers in the capital Kampala and central district of Wakiso.

He said the food parcels would consists of 6 kg of maize flour per head, 3 kg of beans per head and salt. Lactating mothers will get an additional 2 kg powdered milk and 2 kg of sugar.

President Yoweri Museveni first announced the food aid initiative on Monday.

“Without those activities, especially in the towns, such people may not be able to buy food. The government, after properly identifying these people, will distribute food to them in the form of maize flour, beans, powder milk, sugar, salt etc,” Museveni said.

Uganda has 45 recorded cases of Covid-19.

Meanwhile, local online publication SoftPower News said members of parliament were calling on the government to give people money instead of food parcels.

The publication cited Ruhinda North legislator Thomas Tayebwa who suggested that money be distributed via mobile money transfer, rather than physical food pack deliveries.

“Why didn’t you compute like we give money for the welfare of the elderly? We would get the (mobile phone) numbers of people and we distribute via mobile money so that they can buy food that they are interested in," Tayebwa said.

The legislators stressed the importance of ensuring that Ugandans could access good quality food products.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by klax(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Whoever made us to always reason the way we are reasoning as a people and as a country that lives become secondary in our considerations it will never be well with such individuals or group of individuals.

Just imagine an Africa country that fought civil war in 1994,are even more organised than the so called giant of Africa.

I never know who do us like these? The pesin no go no peace anyone dat make nja dey do anyhow like dis his generation go end anyhow. See war torn nation that almost gone extinct so organized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) / Biography Of Hannatu Mohammed ICPC Board Member, Born 1992, Did NYSC In 2016 / BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.