Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots (60220 Views)

Kyari: US Court Can’t Order Arrest Of A Non-citizen Resident In Nigeria - PSC / Masked Oyigbo Girl: Wike Has Turned His Back On Us, We Are Dying Daily / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
JAMO84:
Yet, they would say Buhari is a dictator. Can Wike try this nonsense with Obasanjo? He would remove him within a week and nothing would happen. Ask Fayose and Dariye!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

Obasanjo will do nothing...I mean nada.

Stop blabbing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by jjohndoe83: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chidonc:

The matter of interest is the flight manifest which the helicopter company refused to tender to wike till this point. Wike is right on this, federal might can do nothing, even the aviation minister knows this.
What is Wike right about exactly? Can he prevent the airport from operating or the helicopter from landing? What is the legal basis for his demand for the flight manifest? If it is for contact tracing in the context of COVID19 one can understand? And will refusal to handover the manifest warrant criminal charges to the point of remand in prison custody till May? Is that not disproportionate so as to amount to an abuse of state powers?

Again, his luck is that the people in Abuja are clowns. Try this with Obasanjo and see first.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
muffyt05:

I think the aviation minister is right, as much inept the Federal government can be, it still has right(s) over certain sectors and entities in the economy. The Federal government has rights over movements of health, military and avaition personnel in the country only if they are meant for national emergencies.
But then, state laws or constitutions may contradict my assertion though, just my thoughts

Not at all.

You are wrong.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by do4luv14(m): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Is Rivers on Exclusive list?

You dey reason like small pikin, when WIKE lockdown Riiver state,

simple routeline require FG to contact Wike as per entre into his state

those pilot should be arrested asap

tinsel:

Aviation is in exclusive list. Only the federal government can take decision on it.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Kinematics: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
do4luv14:

Simple as that. They are supposed to notify Wike. Even NNPC that belongs to FG applied for a waiver in Rivers State. Companies like shell applied for a waiver. So why didn't caverton do same then wait for the response of the governor?
No they decided to take warrant from FG and fly without the knowledge of the chief security officer of the state.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
The flight manifest will allow contact tracing if needed
That is a serious public safety issue
I don't understand what iit s so hard to understand
Where is the manifest?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by jjohndoe83: 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Look at the charges brought against the pilots! Again Wike is lucky. He is clearly exceeding his powers. No State in Nigeria can legislate over aviation.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by jjohndoe83: 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
do4luv14:

Don't do this bro. Read his post again. Rivers State cannot say pim on any matter relating to aviation. Wike is exaggerating his importance.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Tobadessss: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
Exclusive list?
What a stupid thing to say
Ignorant comment.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Tobadessss:

Ignorant comment.
Senseless comment
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by do4luv14(m): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
So you telling me say Wike had no right as per the CSO of his state abi, Shell and NNPC wey apply for waivers nko?

See if you no sabi something, no mention me, infact swerver left ma see road

jjohndoe83:

Don't do this bro. Read his post again. Rivers State cannot say pim on any matter relating to aviation. Wike is exaggerating his importance.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by chimex001(m): 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
Can Wike stop deployment of ordinary policemen from one state to Rivers state? Can he stop an air force plane from landing? He is just bullying those hapless pilots.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
The flight manifest would reveal whether they were authorised to land at the Airforce base

A big can of worms will be opened

Even if they were authorised to fly into Rivers state is Airfoce base a civilian airport?

I remember the grass cutter guy asking who is the Presidency?

Did the National Security Adviser authorise this or the President?

Does the Aviation minister have such authority

Next is the question of who owns the company

We will discover a profound abuse of power for personal interests

Produce the manifest
A flight manifest is not a trivial issue
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Miracle1991: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
DabuIIIT:
Exclusive list his bloody Mallam arsse. That's the evil constitution that's kept the nation backward he's 4kn talking about.

If the aviation company liaised with the Fed aviation authority,what stops them from equally doing same with the Rivers state authorities?
Oh,Woke is now inconsequential,huh?
And why is that mugu minisita threatening the officers that carried out the arrest,won't they obey the state's chief security Officer again?
He should be dismissed for saying such thing. If he's suggesting that they shouldn't have taken Wikes orders then he's equally saying buharis orders need not be taken as well.
Mugu
who have the right not to take Buhari order? If am the president, the commissioner of police in River's is goner, the faan director is a goner, the airport commander is a goner. Before I start with Wike

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Superwave: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
Immediately the plane lands, they are already in the jurisdiction of the state.
MelesZenawi:
Wike has full rights.

Federal govt power ends in aviation while Wike is the Governor of Rivers state.

If we go by your logic of exclusive list and aviation the plane will remain in air and if it lands both the persenggers will remain in the airport. if they step foot outside the airport they are venturing into Wike Jurisdiction because he remains the Governor of Rivers State and land belongs to state government

These are nonsense 1999 constitution that is keeping this republic down
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by OdefaGirl(f): 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
tinsel:

Aviation is in exclusive list. Only the federal government can take decision on it.

Even in this pandemic time..... you expect him not to take drastic measures to protect his people...no, I don't agree with you.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by KunleyY19(m): 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
Macphenson:
Mr. Aviation Minister, Wike has every right to protect the lives of Rivers State people. That is his primary responsibility.

If Sanwolu has been this proactive on time, Lagos State won't be in the mess it is today. You cannot stay in Abuja and be constituting nuisance to people in their states.

Why did caverton helicopter not release the flight.manifest of it's passengers for tracing?

Shouldn't the Federal government has made efforts to check, test and quarentine those passengers when they landed in Rivers State?

What measures has the Federal government put in place to ensure that the virus is not spread across Rivers state via it's points of entry?

Do they expect the governor to fold it's arm and watch while they bring disaster to his door step?

Never, I trust Wike, he's not going to let that happen. He has a responsibility to protect the lives of Rivers State people and he won't dull in doing that like those in ASO ROCK.

If Sanwo-Olu was less proactive the case would have worsened... Lagos state treated it well since the first case was discovered and the Yaba IDH was fully set up real quick...

If the President did the same by closing air travel. Lagos would have had a calm case to handle.

Sanwo-Olu did well!
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
Miracle1991:
who have the right not to take Buhari order? If am the president, the commissioner of police in River's is goner, the faan director is a goner, the airport commander is a goner. Before I start with Wike
That is why you will never be president
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

And in they are charged to court have Federal approval. What happens! Case closed.

Nothing can come out of this. Effort in futility.

You talking of a Federal might. It can shut down the state with just an order.
[/s]
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by toxtimmy: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
I weep for Nigeria... I am not sure if I should even waste my time to explain but if at least one person on here go see this and think for themselves then i have done my part to better this country.... My people perish for lack of common sense.

The aviation industry or business is regulated by the federal government of Nigeria... PERIOD and this the law in Nigeria... Rivers State does not regulate the aviation business in any way, shape or form....

The statement above despite just a statement it's only those with common sense that will be able to understand the depth of it... Does not matter if you have Phd, if no common sense then you obviously had missed the point as of yesterday.

To help stimulate una brain... If the government of USA send a plane to Rivers State to pick up US citizens in the midst of this covid-19 and ban situation.... and the federal government give them the permission to fly into Nigeria (Rivers State Airport)... Will Wike arrest the pilots?... Who controls or owns the airspace over Rivers State?... If Wike's family was sick from any ailment and this family member needs to be flown to Lagos for treatment will Wike say wait there is a ban or hire a plan or helicopter or car to ferry this ill person to Lagos despite the ban?

Again, my people perish for lack of common sense.

No governor has the right to arrest any person... It's only law enforcement institution that can do that... Again this is the law in Rivers State and Nigeria as at when this event happened.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Macphenson: 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
KunleyY19:

If Sanwo-Olu was less proactive the case would have worsened... Lagos state treated it well since the first case was discovered and the Yaba IDH was fully set up real quick...

If the President did the same by closing air travel. Lagos would have had a calm case to handle.

Sanwo-Olu did well!

All along we were calling on Buhari to shut down our points of entry since January, if Sanwolu has shut down the points of entry around January, Lagos State won't be in this panic mode.

Wike learnt from Sanwolu's mistake , and is not ready to repeat same mistake.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by KunleyY19(m): 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
Reasons State policing will be dangerous in Nigeria. With this kind of politicians.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Chidonc(m): 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
jjohndoe83:

What is Wike right about exactly? Can he prevent the airport from operating or the helicopter from landing? What is the legal basis for his demand for the flight manifest? If it is for contact tracing in the context of COVID19 one can understand? And will refusal to handover the manifest warrant criminal charges to the point of remand in prison custody till May? Is that not disproportionate so as to amount to an abuse of state powers?

Again, his luck is that the people in Abuja are clowns. Try this with Obasanjo and see first.
You are just been economical with self truth, is wike getting the manifest so he can use it to buy soup ingredients, if not for covid-19 and possibly contact tracing. Let them hand him the manifest period. Except if there is something to hide .
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Adakintroy2: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
Pesuzok:

Is Wike saying Airforce planes have not been landing in Rivers state, do they inform him?

He is saying it now.so comply or find another state to enter forcefully.if he say keep your sandals outside,keep it outside!
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Don't mind them.

Trust an Obasanjo, he would have ordered 20 unnecessary flight into the state.

Buhari is still gentle. Obasanjo in this kind of matter would have used Wike's ears to blow trumpet.

[/s]
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Thank you.

Something's we argue about on this forum are baseless and uncalled for.

And it's damning to see people argue on what's glaring to all.
[/s]
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Kinematics: 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
toxtimmy post=88236869[s:
]I weep for Nigeria... I am not sure if I should even waste my time to explain but if at least one person on here go see this and think for themselves then i have done my part to better this country.... My people perish for lack of common sense.

The aviation industry or business is regulated by the federal government of Nigeria... PERIOD and this the law in Nigeria... Rivers State does not regulate the aviation business in any way, shape or form....

The statement above despite just a statement it's only those with common sense that will be able to understand the depth of it... Does not matter if you have Phd, if no common sense then you obviously had missed the point as of yesterday.

To help stimulate una brain... If the government of USA send a plane to Rivers State to pick up US citizens in the midst of this covid-19 and ban situation.... and the federal government give them the permission to fly into Nigeria (Rivers State Airport)... Will Wike arrest the pilots?... Who controls or owns the airspace over Rivers State?... If Wike's family was sick from any ailment and this family member needs to be flown to Lagos for treatment will Wike say wait there is a ban or hire a plan or helicopter or car to ferry this ill person to Lagos despite the ban?

Again, my people perish for lack of common sense.

No governor has the right to arrest any person... It's only law enforcement institution that can do that... Again this is the law in Rivers State and Nigeria as at when this event happened.

[/s]

Your example is flawed. These are chopper helicopters that take offshore workers(including foreigners AKA expatriates) to and fro. This people will mix with the people in Rivers State without any measure put in place by the FG to curb the spread of coronavirus in Rivers State.
You can't allow Wike to just sit down and watch.

Let FG do what they are supposed to do before putting the state at risk, because they want to keep making money. Rubbish!
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by 0m0nnakoda: 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
jjohndoe83:

The legal basis is the coronavirus order he signed
The purpose is contact tracing
In Lagos state the manifest was made available to government for that exact same purpose

The manifest would show whether ther were authorised to land in the airforce base and who authorised that.

The airforce base is in the middle of town and a risk compared to the airport at Omagwa
Whether it is disproportionate is not Wike's issue

We have seen worse with Sowore and Dasuki.
That is why it is important for the FG to set good examples
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

You sounding like a kid.
[/s]
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Hello, this shouldn't be a debate.

Who controls the airways? State or Federal

Does the state have jurisdiction over Federal parastatals?

Your answers will guide you.
[/s]
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Tobadessss: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Senseless comment
Smh
Re: Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots by Everest9(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
seborrhic:

As unfortunate as your example goes,yes!
Support for a party or hatred of another should not make us support illegality because it could easily turn around.
What Wike should do in the instance you sighted is report such to the state police commissioner whose place it is to investigate and make arrests,strictly at his own professional decision.
Wike is just being overzealous and playing to the gallery.
Unfortunately he has an inept federal leadership playing into his hands.

You mean report to the commissioner of police that does what Oga says, no my brother na virus we they fight and some rules and powers should wait later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Animal Soldiers Killed In Sambisa Forest & What They Did With It(photos) / Senator Joshua Lidani Remained Calm While Senate Mace Was Stolen / EndSARS: US Embassy Shuts Down Operations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.