Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Marriage With A Nigerian Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage With A Nigerian Man (15973 Views)

Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / My Wife Is Discussing Marriage With Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2011
Welcome, I am new. I think it is a smiley topic. I am from Poland. I met a man from Nigeria, he worked in Dakar (Senegal). I went to Dakar to get married with him. I was very afraid to go there, everybody told me that Africa is very danger, but I decided to risk. I met him in internet. I know that there are many scammers, but I felt, he could be a good man. I was very happy with him and now I want to live with him in Poland and I try to invite him here. He has a daughter (she has not a mother, she died), so I think he want a better life for his daughter and he don't want to have fun only. I am surprised that he is so nice man, I thought men from Africa don't respect women, but he treated me as a gueen. I hope it is forever and I want to respect him and love him in return. I am 52 and he is 37. I needed so nice man (I am divorced in 2010, I had only 1 man and I was alone for 8 years, I didn't want to meet any men). When I met him, something awakend in me and I need to be a good wife for him. I feel I can. I'm sorry for my confession, but what do you think about it and is there anybody who met a Nigerian man and is happy too? Maybe you have some problems with your men? Would this marriage be happy in future? I am romantic woman, don't like fighting and I think I can adjust to him and my marriage would be happy. I can't see big differences between us, he is very gentle and kind, I didn't expect it. Now I know that Africa is a very nice country, people are very nice, but this weather I couldn't stand. I didn't dream about journey to Africa, it was only a dream. I know about marriages for money, but our meeting is special. I wanted to meet friend, he was looking for love. I think this big difference of age is not a problem. We are not young people and another things are worth. I feel very happy, my life changed entirely, I was born again. I know, to be together is very hard. But we want to try. smiley
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by omega25red(m): 12:02am On Jan 03, 2011
happy for you hope your happiness lasts a long long time

dont read too much into a lot of the "advice" you get on this site just live your life and be happy i mean you are old enough to know that nothing in life but death is garunteed so enjoy and i wish you well
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2011
Thank you. Best wishes in New Year smiley smiley smiley
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Carolece(f): 12:56am On Jan 03, 2011
Please make sure to report to your Niraland family every month so they can be happy for you.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsEve2(f): 12:58am On Jan 03, 2011
Damn^^^^

Well. Well. Well.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Carolece(f): 1:00am On Jan 03, 2011
what??
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 1:05am On Jan 03, 2011
@OP, I think you should investigate your marriage well. It might be fraud. Your story is very common
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-541651.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-21485.0.html

the fact that you started this topic means that you also are suspicious. I think you should act on your suspicion.
these things about your marriage make it suspicious:

you met on the internet
he got married to you in dakar
you are 52 and he is 37
etc.

IloveFred:

When I met him, something awakend in me and I need to be a good wife for him. I feel I can. I'm sorry for my confession, but what do you think about it and is there anybody who met a Nigerian man and is happy too? Maybe you have some problems with your men? Would this marriage be happy in future? I am romantic woman, don't like fighting and I think I can adjust to him and my marriage would be happy. I can't see big differences between us, he is very gentle and kind, I didn't expect it. Now I know that Africa is a very nice country, people are very nice, but this weather I couldn't stand. I didn't dream about journey to Africa, it was only a dream. I know about marriages for money, but our meeting is special. I wanted to meet friend, he was looking for love.

read the above links for experiences of other women like you.
you didn't expect it because it's too good to be true. trust me. not many men in their 30s go for women in their 50s.
I don't think he was looking for love. lol I'm pretty sure he could find love where he was in Dakar and with someone his agemate or younger. Think about this. He was looking for a ticket to Europe.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 03, 2011
@poster
good luck i hope you guys find happiness in each other!
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsEve2(f): 1:07am On Jan 03, 2011
Carolece:

Please make sure to report to your Niraland family every month so they can be happy for you.

That tickled me so. I was laughing and crying.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsEve2(f): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2011
Well, I know he doesn't want children.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by 190: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2011
Poster

Why dont he com see u
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 1:13am On Jan 03, 2011
190:

Poster

Why dont he com see u

lol. he needs a visa to do that wink
but not to worry, he will soon get one thank's to his new wife.
Hopefully she won't be back with a bitter story.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by 190: 1:17am On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. he needs a visa to do that wink
but not to worry, he will soon get one thank's to his new wife.
Hopefully she won't be back with a bitter story.

Then let him apply for one,
I dont see what' the issue here is,
She should invite him over and he get's a visa and flies down
what's so difficult there, undecided undecided
or dont Senegalese fly out no more
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsEve2(f): 1:44am On Jan 03, 2011
Maybe he couldn't afford the ticket and the wife is trying to scrape up immigration fees. What is the criteria for Poland?

Anyone know? I am assuming Fred is your husband's name right Poster? I have never heard of an African having european names.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by SirRogers: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2011
You came here and referred to Africa as a country, what’s up with that
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 1:49am On Jan 03, 2011
190:

Then let him apply for one,
I dont see what' the issue here is,
She should invite him over and he get's a visa and flies down
what's so difficult there,  undecided undecided
or dont Senegalese fly out no more

lol. if it were that easy, I think the whole African population will be in Europe and America by now don't you think?  grin
Africa will be a blank map if it was easy to get visa.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by 190: 1:53am On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. if it were that easy, I think the whole African population will be in Europe and America by now don't you think? grin
Africa will be a blank map if it was easy to get visa.

true,
then she should confirm that he's who he claims he is,
get in touch with Senegalese police force, tell them 2 check him out b4 she travels over
she can get details of police force on google,
she needs something concrete b4 going over and only the police force can do that
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 1:56am On Jan 03, 2011
190:

true,
then she should confirm that he's who he claims he is,
get in touch with Senegalese police force, tell them 2 check him out b4 she travels over
she can get details of police force on google,
she needs something concrete b4 going over and only the police force can do that

some women are mugu for "love." Do you really think she would turn her lover to the police?
She won't do that yet. It is only later after the guy has 419 her that she will get bitter and start calling the police. for now, she is still enjoying her marriage. lol

you read this topic.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-541651.0.html
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by 190: 2:04am On Jan 03, 2011
^^Holy Moses of chukuemeka and 3RD mainland bridge,

Is that marriage real!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 2:19am On Jan 03, 2011
well, it is real for some of these european ladies until they find out the truth
in fact, they know the truth but they refuse to believe it or heed warning.

I decided to risk. I met him in internet. I know that there are many scammers, but I felt, he could be a good man.

OP knows that she is taking a risk. She knows that many of these guys are scammers.  I hope she doesn't come back crying. I really won't feel much pity for her. They never learn. I guess maybe they were that desperate and lonely in their lives.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2011
smileyyou see everything in black colours, like my friends.
I thought like that and was very sad, but now I want to take only nice moments in my life. I don't want to think about bad sides of life.
I talk with his family, with his daughter, I can see their happiness. Do you think that everybody all over the world are bad? I really feel he is good. Maybe he really doesn't want more children, he told me, a woman hurt him and he needs love forever, he looked for a nice woman. I realize I'm not sure in 100%, I think, open way to Europe was his first plan, but,   Don't you want to meet a nice partner? Don't you want to live in peace?
Yes, my story is very common, but I have nothing to lose, I want to try. He is really very nice and kind, he cared about me in Dakar very good, I was very happy. And I am very happy. I want to send him an invitation and he will apply for his visa. I know it is hard situation particularly for him. A new country, new customs, but he is very modern. We will try together.
Finally I've got a new surname as a memento. But I know he will be with me.  cheesy

and he knows I have not a lot of money, he knows I took a loan to go to Africa and now I have to pay, he knows I have a hard financial situation now and he knows I have a son (17) I have to care about him still. I have 3 sons (29 and 22). This woman on that site is very old. She looks like 70, I have a young soul. 

I think, many women are happy, many men are happy but many people are hurt
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Areaboy2(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2011
omega25red:

happy for you hope your happiness lasts a long long time

dont read too much into a lot of the "advice" you get on this site just live your life and be happy i mean you are old enough to know that nothing in life but death is garunteed so enjoy and i wish you well

Indeed.

We are all responsible for our own happiness and no one else. if u are convinced something will make u happy, go ahead. glad to hear someone still thinks Nigerian men are worth the hassle despite all the negative feedback we have bestowed upon ourselves.

Having said that, I cant promise u anything. just enjoy your marriage,  I wish you all the best.

ps: remember. your happiness is urs and urs alone to make (area_boy 2009)
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2011
You are right! Maybe I have a possibility to meet a nice man? My life wasn't so nice. I believe in kind men. Everybody should try and believe. In Poland say: if you want, you can. In Poland there are many Nigerian men, everybody tell not nice about them. But if every white men are better? I don't think so.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsEve2(f): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2011
(laughing at the visualization of white men scamming)
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by semid4lyfe(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
No be na wa, na real wa!

Wish the OP the best sha. . . .
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2011
IloveFred:

smileyyou see everything in black colours, like my friends.
I thought like that and was very sad, but now I want to take only nice moments in my life. I don't want to think about bad sides of life.
I talk with his family, with his daughter, I can see their happiness. Do you think that everybody all over the world are bad? I really feel he is good. Maybe he really doesn't want more children, he told me, a woman hurt him and he needs love forever, he looked for a nice woman. I realize I'm not sure in 100%, I think, open way to Europe was his first plan, but,   Don't you want to meet a nice partner? Don't you want to live in peace?
Yes, my story is very common, but I have nothing to lose, I want to try. He is really very nice and kind, he cared about me in Dakar very good, I was very happy. And I am very happy. I want to send him an invitation and he will apply for his visa. I know it is hard situation particularly for him. A new country, new customs, but he is very modern. We will try together.
Finally I've got a new surname as a memento. But I know he will be with me.  cheesy

and he knows I have not a lot of money, he knows I took a loan to go to Africa and now I have to pay, he knows I have a hard financial situation now and he knows I have a son (17) I have to care about him still. I have 3 sons (29 and 22). This woman on that site is very old. She looks like 70, I have a young soul. 

I think, many women are happy, many men are happy but many people are hurt

Don't say I didn't warn you. When things go sour, you have no one but YOURSELF to blame. keep that in mind.

enjoy your marriage for the time being. lol

Read these threads for reference (there are SO MANY women like you). The only common thread is that you don't listen to advice. You wait for the inevitable to happen and then you come back to abuse Nigerians and call us scammers. To me, you deserve to be scammed because it's so obvious that you are playing with fire but you turn a blind eye.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-21485.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213708.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13194.0.html
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Tsiya(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
YOu are 52 and he is 37. The age different is so wide that I dont think you can make him happy.

Marriage is a two way thing. You have to give happiness to get happiness. Happiness is not all about living together and eating food. Nice doesn't end with sweet words. When you start living together, you will see things that aren't pretty nice. You might not be able to withstand his sexual demands and being an African man at this age, it will be just a matter of time before he finds true love in a younger, sexually active polish woman.

Whatever may be the case, you have save soul.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2011
No. I have never met bad people in my life. I hope he will not prove he is liar. But if, I will be alone forever.
What about names. His name is Fred, daughter Anna, sister Linda, another sister and 2 brothers have european names. His father and mother too.
I think his parents thought about future. I talk with his sister on facebook, she calls me, we talk on yahoo, we see each other. They are very happy that his life will be maybe a little better. I can help him to care about his daughter. My life became nice.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
Tsiya:

YOu are 52 and he is 37. The age different is so wide that I dont think you can make him happy.

Marriage is a two way thing. You have to give happiness to get happiness. Happiness is not all about living together and eating food. Nice doesn't end with sweet words. When you start living together, you will see things that aren't pretty nice. You might not be able to withstand his sexual demands and being an African man at this age, it will be just a matter of time before he finds true love in a younger, sexually active polish woman.

Whatever may be the case, you have save soul.

thank your for your honesty.
age difference + the fact that they met on the internet is just screaming "red flag"

to me, the woman is looking for a way out of loneliness and the man is looking for a way out of poverty.
The difference is that the man once he gets his visa will leave the woman. he won't need her anymore whereas the woman will always need him which will then make her very bitter and angry at the end.

plus most of these men end up bringing their wife from Nigeria anyways.
@OP, are you sure the man's wife is dead?

IloveFred:

No. I have never met bad people in my life. I hope he will not prove he is liar. But if,  I will be alone forever.
What about names. His name is Fred, daughter Anna, sister Linda, another sister and 2 brothers have european names. His father and mother too.
I think his parents thought about future. I talk with his sister on facebook, she calls me, we talk on yahoo, we see each other. They are very happy that his life will be maybe a little better. I can help him to care about his daughter. My life became nice.

Nigeria used to be a british colony. Many Nigerians (especially Igbo people) have European names. Is he igbo?
your life will be nice only temporary (until he gets what he wants and leave). are you ok with that?

I'm not telling you to leave him. Just be careful. Investigate him well and be very wary. Don't let the euphoria or fake hapiness blind your eyes. Don't spend your money unnecessarily because of "love." In fact, instead of bringing him to Poland, go and live with him in Dakar at least for a few years. If you have found him to be faithful and not demanding, then you can bring him with you to poland.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
I can make him happy. He was happy with me. He needed warm and gentle feelings. I can give him that. I can adjust.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2011
I talked with men who told they don't want young girls any more. They need older and experienced women. Older women know what they want.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
I am sexually active. You can't imagine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? / Guy Falls Off A Building In Marriage Proposal Prank / I Am Boreddddd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.