Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (67243 Views)

Petrol Prices Highest In South-east, Lowest In North-east In October: NBS / Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
maasoap:

Did you see Sokoto, the lowest figure? Did you see Borno with their population 33,000?

What do you expect from people whose eyes are more dishonest than their brains and must wail at ALL costs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
shayiD:

Is the north no longer the poverty capital of the world

If this post was on a different thread, it would have garnered 999 likes.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
fairfora:
Yes and if you couldn't understand my simple comments, you need help. North is poor yes...but the minority amongst them are super rich due to the so much money they've stolen. Abba kyari needs to answer a question on the billions of naira voted to State House Medical Centre, a hospital located on less than 2 acres of land including staff quarters and yet, nothing is there to show for it...not even a single ventilator. The last time I checked, one ventiltor was moved from UATH to the hospital to save a covid-19 patient. State house medical centre is under the presidency, mind you. They claimed Jonathan was corrupt which was why people brought in the apc but Jonathan was never an ethic bigot like Buhari is. The level of corruption in this government is so huge. Senator bala Mohamed who is bauchi governor and the new zamfara governor cannot be wrong in their claim. By the time Buhari leaves office, I hope people wouldn't faint on hearing the massive corruption perpetrated by them when revealed.

So you agree that the majority in the North are poor.

What then is your dispute with the sharing formula?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
ptolemy247:
How come a state (Zamfara) that has abundant gold reserve has the highest number of poorest people? undecided

Poor, selfish, vision-less and incompetent leadership bro, and it cuts across all regions.

If you knew the innate economic potentials of each state in Nigeria especially regarding solid minerals, you will weep endlessly.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by ptolemy247(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
fulanimafia:

Poor, selfish, vision-less and incompetent leadership bro, and it cuts across all regions.

If you knew the innate economic potentials of each state in Nigeria especially regarding solid minerals, you will weep endlessly.

Couldn't agree more with you

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
fulanimafia:

So you agree that the majority in the North are poor.

What then is your dispute with the sharing formula?
The sharing formula is grossly biased. Are you telling me Zamfara where the minister hails from has the highest number of poorest of the poor than Oyo or Enugu State? What is the population of Zamfara state that would have warranted such a large number of households as captured...Katsina too? Oyo state which houses Ibadan, the former largest city in Africa, was apportioned with such a low figure, so unfortunate.

My stance on my previous comment you quoted me from does not have any correlation with the sharing formula....despite the embezzlement which has been the norm among the northern elites, the region is still massively poor and backward....that was my submission. They did not spread the wealth among their people rather, the kept marrying more wives and giving birth like locust. An average northern elite has a minimum of 20 children, instead of giving scholarships to the less-privileged thereby, eradicate poverty or declare free education like awolowo did which had helped liberate so many households today.

The western part is not so developed without the free education declared which had turned lives of so many households around forever....mind you, the north had always had the lion share of our resources from independence but yet, so backward in everything...their leaders prefer the followers to keep saying rankadeidei to them, to giving them the legacy of life which their posterity would have benefited from...., that palliatives would still end up in the pockets of the few while the elites would share the rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Former Governors Dariye And Nyame Released From Prison (photos) / Police At Hospital Where Yusuf Buhari Is Being Treated (Photo) / EFCC Chairman Bawa At Arsenal's Emirates Stadium: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.