Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (67271 Views)

Petrol Prices Highest In South-east, Lowest In North-east In October: NBS / Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
9jaRealist:

Lagos doesn’t have just 60k poor people...

It has 60K poorest-of-the-poor HOUSEHOLDS on the register...
Which also means that it has MORE than 60k poor households.
>

So out of an estimated population of 17million people, d govt can only account for just 60,000 poor people in its register?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by 9jaRealist: 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
lexy2014:
So out of an estimated population of 17million people, d govt can only account for just 60,000 poor people in its register?

Again, NOT poor people...
But rather HOUSEHOLDS.

Like I said, it means that there are MORE...
Since not every poor household makes it onto the register.

Rather, it is the poorest of the poor...
As chosen by the LOCAL communities themselves.

Nigeria simply cannot pay all poor people...
So priority is given to the poorest of those poor people.

Btw, this process was devised by the World Bank...
Because lent an IDA facility for the SIP and also the countries releasing the Abacha Loot.
>
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
9jaRealist:

Again, NOT poor people...
But rather HOUSEHOLDS.

Like I said, it means that there are MORE...
Since not every poor household makes it onto the register.

Rather, it is the poorest of the poor...
As chosen by the LOCAL communities themselves.

Nigeria simply cannot pay all poor people...
So priority is given to the poorest of those poor people.

Btw, this process was devised by the World Bank...
Because lent an IDA facility for the SIP and also the countries releasing the Abacha Loot.
>

Pls look at d register again and check d columm for "individuals". How do u consider who is "poorest of d poor"?

Even if "households" was d criteria, how does zamfara have 291k poor households and Lagos just 14k? Even if u are registering and not everyone can get registered, how can Lagos have such low numbers with a population of 17million?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Ikinternational: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
Renida:
Interesting

Anyways, contact me if you need branding services for your business. I'll make you eight creative graphic designs at pocket friendly costs

Wetin concern you abi...lol
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Oladeji245(m): 11:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
ridbell01:
Seeing my state on that list is disheartening but I pray Almighty remove us from that list soon so that those fight for numbers would have more space.. God bless the state of Osun
sorry bro.
is this ridwan bello?
u went to steel rolling?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by BeijinDossier: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2020
Ok
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lebete3000: 5:50am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Chukapage(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
wanger50:
Before this post was made,I always see southeast guys boast about being the most successful group of Nigerians.So much so they claim to be responsible for the development in most parts of Nigeria
Are you a fool ? North has the highest Number of Illiterates and unproductive citizens but somehow they're accommodated ,They occupy juicy governmental positions due to Federal Character what happened to Federal Character?? undecided
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by 9jaRealist: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
lexy2014:
Pls look at d register again and check d columm for "individuals". How do u consider who is "poorest of d poor"?

Even if "households" was d criteria, how does zamfara have 291k poor households and Lagos just 14k? Even if u are registering and not everyone can get registered, how can Lagos have such low numbers with a population of 17million?

Zamfara has a 92% poverty rate...
While Lagos has an 8.4% rate, that’s how (2018 HDI Report).
>
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Zamfara has a 92% poverty rate...
While Lagos has an 8.4% rate, that’s how (2018 HDI Report).
>

Dude u are very funny. So what is 92% of d population of zamfara and what is 8.5% of d population of Lagos?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by 9jaRealist: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
lexy2014:
Dude u are very funny. So what is 92% of d population of zamfara and what is 8.5% of d population of Lagos?

Obdurate much? grin
For the zillionth time, NOT all poor has been registered,

Even with Lockdown Boredom...
It's even more tedious going over and over the same point.

I don't support Bubu nor work for SIP or the World Bank...
So I think I've done enough public service here. Good luck! SMH
>
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Obdurate much? grin
For the zillionth time, NOT all poor has been registered,

Even with Lockdown Boredom...
It's even more tedious going over and over the same point.

I don't support Bubu nor work for SIP or the World Bank...
So I think I've done enough public service here. Good luck! SMH
>

Oga, I didn't tell u that all d poor people were registered, not registered or should have been registered. I didn't ask u if u support buhari. I also didn't ask u if u work for world bank or SIP. This is what I asked u:

"So what is 92% of d population of zamfara and what is 8.5% of d population of Lagos?" Are these HDI percentages u shared for households or for individuals? If u can't answer these questions, how then are u able to defend how proportionate d registered figures are? U are repeating urself over and over again because u are beating against d air thinking that u are hitting a target
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by 9jaRealist: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
lexy2014:
Oga, I didn't tell u that all d poor people were registered, not registered or should have been registered. I didn't ask u if u support buhari. I also didn't ask u if u work for world bank or SIP. This is what I asked u:

"So what is 92% of d population of zamfara and what is 8.5% of d population of Lagos?" Are these HDI percentages u shared for households or for individuals? If u can't answer these questions, how then are u able to defend how proportionate d registered figures are? U are repeating urself over and over again because u are beating against d air thinking that u are hitting a target

Abegi argue with your mirror... grin grin grin
Some of us have better things to do. SMDH
>
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by MrSly(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
ghettokid1:

Some People Will Not Like This Part
Who will not like that part? Abeg this is not the issue of Igbo amaka. I mean nobody rubbed these people's hands on coaltar and now they are giving us falsified figure to justify their injustice metted out on igbos. Whether igbos has lowest number or not anything that will be shared must be shared equally. Enough is enough.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 6:24am On Apr 14, 2020
9jaRealist:

Abegi argue with your mirror... grin grin grin
Some of us have better things to do. SMDH
>

Are u saying u didnt have "better things to do" all this while that u have been on d thread?

I didn't argue. I only asked questions which u couldn't answer. Or don't u no d difference between a question and an argument?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by 9jaRealist: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2020
lexy2014:
Are u saying u didnt have "better things to do" all this while that u have been on d thread?

I didn't argue. I only asked questions which u couldn't answer. Or don't u no d difference between a question and an argument?

Apparently you don’t even have a mirror... grin grin grin
>
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by lexy2014: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
9jaRealist:

Apparently you don’t even have a mirror... grin grin grin
>

Am yet to see how having a mirror or otherwise has anything to do with what has been said& what hasnt
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by ridbell01(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Oladeji245:
sorry bro. is this ridwan bello? u went to steel rolling?
no my bro am from ilobu
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Oladeji245(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
ridbell01:
no my bro am from ilobu
lol.ok bro..that's also my grandma hometown.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by ridbell01(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Oladeji245:
lol.ok bro..that's also my grandma hometown.
you be my brother then
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Oladeji245(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
ridbell01:
you be my brother then
yes oo and we are namesakes.(my muslim name is also Ridwan)
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
BreconHills:

You cant be chasing the hardest working and poorest people award all at the same time. Let's keep a sense of perspective.

Thank you.

The level of insincerity and hypocrisy on this thread is mind bending.

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
ddippset:
Lol

For ages people have been abusing the North for been greatly impoverished and with almajirirs littered everywhere.

Now that this list has proved all that, they are still crying fake list.

grin grin grin

Lmao.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
kuuljay:
you keep calling them poverty stricken almajeris.....suddenly they are the richest? Lol

So you saw it too?

Don't mind the clowns cool
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
I don't understand how you people combine chestbeating with wailing over the same subject matter. Haven't you people bee the ones bragging about having the least poverty rate and the North the worst? Why are you saddened over the same stats now?

I really don't understand you people.

Lol I've been wondering the same.

Their backwards reasoning should never be underestimated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
juman:
Suddenly igbos consider many of their people as poor and vulnerable.
Its strange.

When money is concerned?

I think its more amusing than strange.

At least they're finally being honest.

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by tinsel: 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
ghettokid1:

Some People Will Not Like This Part
Don't rejoice over this nonsense list. You don't understand the politics they are using to share our money. That woman minister is from Zamfara and see the figure they have there.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by tinsel: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
ifeconwamama247:
What of Ebonyi, abi Ebonyi no get poor people??
Ebonyi is the poorest state in the east.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by juman(m): 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
fulanimafia:

When money is concerned?

I think its more amusing than strange.

At least they're finally being honest.

Funny.
They deceive themselves.

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
rusher14:
Nigerians are funny people.

For years they come online and suggest the other tribe is filled with poor, beggarly people.

Now that the government agrees with them, the same set of people insist it isn't true.

grin

Nigerians are truly wonderful people cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
umykal:

Oh God of the South Easterners, as the present Nigeria government has said that poverty rate in the East is very low, father in heaven, please never allow the people of the East to be poor. Poverty is not in our blood. Those who claim to be poor just because they are in power and gain from the government, may they remain poor.

See raw painment cheesy

So it's suddenly the North that claims to be poor?

I thought that was the southern chorus whenever you feel like bashing Arewa?

Hunger, poverty and COVID-19 has finally reset some people's brains grin

You dishonest lot should stay in one place and stop confusing the lightning that wants to strike you.
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by fulanimafia: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
Jonathan39:
You have poor reasoning like a Northerner. The North is Educationally disadvantaged but occupies most of the big office in Nigeria through Quota system, the same method should be applied here.

The "poor reasoning" is the reason for the quota system and your frustration.

Shebi you people have acidic tongues?

Increase the volume please, we need more federal educational intervention/resources in the North cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Former Governors Dariye And Nyame Released From Prison (photos) / A Letter To Peter Obi By Meshack Katuka, Kaduna Ex Corper Who Served In Anambra / Nigeria Customs Launches New Uniform (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.