Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) (5094 Views)

Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2020
A woman from Michigan has lost her husband of 35 years and her only son to coronavirus within three days of one another.

Her son, Freddie Lee Brown III was admitted to hospital just after his father, Freddie Lee Brown Jr., 59, was taken admitted.

Both ended up in the ICU.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210943/Michigan-woman-loses-entire-family-coronavirus-husband-son-die-days.html?ito=social-facebook

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2020
Both men ended up in intensive care after falling ill with coronavirus.

Both men had underlying health conditions with a kidney transplant(father) and asthma(son).

Freddie Jr., had known underlying health conditions after he had a kidney transplant in 2012.

After having trouble breathing he was placed onto a ventilator despite his wife attempting to prevent the move because it would see him being placed in to a medically induced coma.

'Calm down,' he told her over the phone. 'I'll be fine. It will just be a few days.'

Sadly, three days later his lung collapsed and she was called in the middle of the night to tell her that he was about to pass away.

She did not make it to the hospital in time and she was even told that she would not be allowed to see her husband's body, but Sandy insisted.

'I'm going in that room,' she told them. 'I don't care what I have to do. I'll sign whatever I need to sign.'

Staff dressed her up in protective equipment with a mask, gloves, gown and glasses.

According to The Detroit News, Sandy was able to walk up his body, touch his hair and rub his cheek and neck as she said her own farewell.

Just one day later, her son who has asthma suddenly became sick with a fever and persistent cough.

Two days later, she received a call from the hospital telling her to come immediately.

He passed away soon afterwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2020
Sandy Brown had to bury both her husband and son on Friday.

Just 25 people were allowed to attend the funeral with everyone having to wear masks.

“My two men are gone. I am standing here in the strength of the Lord, not no strength of my own," said Mrs Brown.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Chai

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Shelumiel: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
God help us. Covid-19 will always be remembered as the plague that left humanity confused and hopeless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nairalandmonika: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Op u did not say if they died or still in intensive care. Not everyone that goes into intensive care will die. Take UK pm for example, he is out of intensive care now.
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by jerryunit48: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Jesus this is sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by EzzyCarter: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2020
sad
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
Op u did not say if they died or still in intensive care. Not everyone that goes into intensive care will die. Take UK pm for example, he is out of intensive care now.

R u blind? Ur eyes Don dey malfunction ni

U saw US woman "loses", u still dey ask question again..

Very dumb guy...

If them say We lost nairalandmonika to malaria, what does that mean to you?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2020
Too bad
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by majamajic(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2020
The woman gene strong

Na wa

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2020
If God truly exist , he must be really egoistic to fold his arms and watch this continue. He has watched innocent kids starve to death in Africa , Asia and south America. War has torn his most loyal servants apart and still , he decided to send a plague not to the "bad guys" but to everybody either good or bad. What exactly does he want? He said you must sing to him , dance to him and kiss his feet all just to massage his ego. He said you must cry and pray to him for survival , you must beat drums and sing his name to the high heavens yet he's still not satisfied. Ask yourself again, Are you really sure the imaginary God you Christians and Muslims serve really exist? If he does, he is egoistic, proud and lastly, a brutal dictator. How will someone even suffer the trauma of Corona virus only to die and this God will still send him to hell to go and suffer another round. That's wickedness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nairalandmonika: 10:10am On Apr 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

R u blind? Ur eyes Don dey malfunction ni

U saw US woman "loses", u still dey ask question again..

Very dumb guy...

If them say We lost nairalandmonika to malaria, what does that mean to you?
I read the all post, the op only said they fell ill and was taking to intensive care, he didn't give any other details.
I know Nigeria people very well, they can write any rubbish on the headline just to get attention.
And u didn't have to insult me to make your point.
Bye

Modified:

The time I commented the op has not given all the details, I commented base on what I read then. Am just seeing the complete details now. You shouldn't be quick to judge and insult people. It's only shows how ill manner you are.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I read the all post, the op only said they fell ill and was taking to intensive care, he didn't give any other details.
I know Nigeria people very well, they can write any rubbish on the headline just to get attention.
Bye

Pls. Sir...

Can u read the topic again sir?

This is explorers for God sake...

Peace brother

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Yanmiriflathead: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2020
As A Bonafide Igboman From Anambra State, Unapologetic Ipob Member And Ardent Follower Of Nnamdi Kanu The Saviour Of The Igbo Race, I Refuse To Believe This News. Cases Of Covid19 in Nigeria Are Fictitious, Hoax And Attempts To Embezzle Scarce Resources.
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Donald3d(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2020
embarassed
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Tocynone(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2020
What a devastating life ?
God, we need you now more than ever
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by majamajic(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Bye

Bro , read from top

The problem was u was in a rush to meet up with FTC

Read before the first picture

The Op , in fact he is the best in NL in terms of educative news and he arrange his post accurately , he no dey make noise , Explorer !

Try to know person

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nairalandmonika: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

Pls. Sir...

Can u read the topic again sir?

This is explorers for God sake...

Peace brother
The time I commented the op has not given all the details, I commented base on what I read then. Am just seeing the complete details now. You shouldn't be quick to judge and insult people. It's only shows how ill manner you are.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by ojun50(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2020
God have mercy
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nairalandmonika: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2020
majamajic:

Bro , the Op
When I commented, the post was not completed, am just seeing the complete post now.
What's you people stress
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Yanmiriflathead: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2020
Explorers:
A woman from Michigan has lost her husband of 35 years and her only son to coronavirus within three days of one another.

Her son, Freddie Lee Brown III was admitted to hospital just after his father, Freddie Lee Brown Jr., 59, was taken admitted.

Both ended up in the ICU.

N
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

When I commented, the post was not completed, am just seeing the complete post now.
What's you people stress

Taking my time to edit/filter the story, you should have spared like 5min.

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by daddytime(m): 10:17am On Apr 12, 2020
Painful tragedy
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by chariisGRACE(m): 10:19am On Apr 12, 2020
Just imagine the pain.
People like this may live to hate China throughout their lives.
MAY SHE FIND SOLACE.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Shows how dumb u r..

He hasn't even posted the full details but others know that they lost their lives... Yet u r asking mumu question.

U read the topic n still ask mumu question again

1 Like

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

What's you people stress

Dts why I asked if u r blind enough not to see the topic at first?
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by barbstee(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2020
embarassed embarassed
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nairalandmonika: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

Shows how dumb u r..

He hasn't even posted the full details but others know that they lost their lives... Yet u r asking mumu question.

U read the topic n still ask mumu question again
So you are in the mind of everybody in the forum, guy nor let me start we you, there's no Monopoly in insult and I have enough data, na you go tire if I start o.
Who the fûck do u even think you are?
U normal at all?
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by tillaman(m): 10:22am On Apr 12, 2020
sad
This is so sad!
It’s so crazy how things can get fvckdd up and sour with in a Twinkle Of an eye! I really hope she keeps staying strong! No one deserves to go through this! sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Igboman From Anambra State I Refuse To Believe This News. Cases Of Covid19 in Nigeria Are Fictitious, Hoax And Attempts To Embezzle Scarce Resources.

I agree with u sir.. Nigeria is lying on Covid-19 to embezzle money..
Re: U.S. Woman Loses Husband And Only Son To COVID-19 In 3days(Pics) by choice17(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Oh man
USA death toll as of today, is above 20,000

With all their advancement in technology, medicines and science..The USA are still hit the most.

May God grant her the fortitude to bear the lost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Is Filing For Divorce / Raising Kids Is Not Easy (pic) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.