Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries (55829 Views)

COVID-19 Testing Resumes In Kano / NIMR Offers Free Coronavirus Testing In Yaba, Lagos / Listeriosis Outbreak: WHO Warns Nigeria, 15 Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Kendzyma(m): 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Even the 5000 self na audio

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by GermanMelania: 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
We don't have death clusters. If covid was rampant we would see more deaths. We haven't. This thing isn't just affecting poor people. I think we are doing mostly okay. For whatever reason ot is just not spreading. When we start seeing people collapsing on the street or dying alone at home we will know ncdc lied to us. And right now there is nothing to suggest this is happening.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by cheango: 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nigeria is sleeping
Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Jossyroyal1: 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
More reason why sane countries evacuated their citizens from this country.
Nigeria has lost it totally

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by gurunlocker: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
COVID has been turned to an avenue to embezzle as always in Nigeria..... This country, I don't even know the right word to use!!! sad sad

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Investmentfreak: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
F
Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by EmekaBlue(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
wait o...even with low test rate y r people not dropping dead in the streets yet or is the covid-19 symptom everlasting b4 it takes effect?!. This shit has been around for long enough to see the effect

Abegi our weather is helping or immune system and also maybe na d test dey give d virus sef.

I won't agree to be tested

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Emu4life:
I couldn't read those statistics to the end cuz it made me feel like crying

This shows you have extra strength and water in you...
You better save your strength for your benefit..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Jorussia(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
.I strongly doubt if Nigeria has conducted up to 5000 tests.The US,GERMANY,RUSSIA and ITALY,have conducted more tests than other nations.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by classicfrank4u(m): 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
I
Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Patosky4U: 11:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
the level of corruption in this country is alarming. we just pray to survive the pandemic without witnessing what those Europeans countries are suffering

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Queenext: 11:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
This shows we have demons has leaders in this country, even with this pandemic, some are seeing it has opportunity to siphon money and collect aids and donation..

Thank God we are in it together,so let them steal,and we will see where they will spend the blood money.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by glowingflame7: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
babytoun:
Test per million ratio shows that nigeria has tested only 24 people per million . This is the third worst in the entire world which only betters the ratio of mozambique and Malawi

Even small Niger Republic has tested 4600

grin You know that our own test is the WHO approved own na. Those other countries are on their own.
Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
DZTech:
If you knew the level of corruption in the whole project, you would just enter your inner room to go and weep.

With the way they're trying to steal every available kobo, it's as if they actually BELIEVE the virus is a joke!
This confirms the pervasive stupidity of Nigeria's elite.
Just protect you and yours, because what’s coming will be cataclysmic.
The most sensible comment ever. Leave them alone. Na dem get underlying illnesses pass
You could see how they're cheaply testing positive to covid-19. Many would steal that money on earth only to leave it behind for others to spend. As we speak, we dont know the whereabouts of Abba kyari. All those who have tested positive before and after him have been discharged. Lots of those leading us have illnesses which have subjected them to scheduled or routine medical check ups overseas. Now that they cant move an inch, I hope they survive the lockdown till the end because they're at a higher risk of catching the virus. They destroyed all our medical facilities due to corruption. How the voted billions of naira disappeared at the state house medical centre still baffles me.

12 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Joefat: 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
It shall not be well with all dis zombies government... Just look at what they say about Nigeria.. They don't have facilities to fund the covid 19 test... 5k test out of almost 200m... God why why do u send me to this shithole.. But your will shall be done..

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
Don't go for the test if you're wise

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Farmdog: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
GermanMelania:
We don't have death clusters. If covid was rampant we would see more deaths. We haven't. This thing isn't just affecting poor people. I think we are doing mostly okay. For whatever reason ot is just not spreading. When we start seeing people collapsing on the street or dying alone at home we will know ncdc lied to us. And right now there is nothing to suggest this is happening.
@The only reason being that the virus dies easily in temperatures above 27 degrees.... Africa death recordings seems to be steady/less than expected mostly because of the hot weather.
Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Shattuck(m): 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
and billions were donated I guess buhari and his family are free from the virus and so he has decided to not waste resources on Nigerians this is the same idiot who some people call a president, and he is talking about continued lockdown but yet doesn't want to test enough people to put an end to this,so what is the plan in all of this.shameful govt

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
The info that Nigeria has conducted 5000 tests is false. Nigeria has done only 3000 so far.

This was confirmed tonight by the presidential task force on Covid-19. Source: Channels tv.

17 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
Seun:
We've been told that it's difficult to do massive testing for the Coronavirus Disease in Nigeria. That we don't have the trained workers, technology, and money to do it like South Korea. This is why we've only conducted 5,000 tests in a country with a population of 195.9 million. This got me thinking about other African countries:

South Africa, with a population of 57.78 million, has conducted 80,085 tests.
Ghana, with a population of 29.77 million, has conducted 37,954 tests.
Egypt, with a population of 98.42 million, has conducted 25,000 tests.

Also, Nigeria, the most populous country in Africa, is 9th in the list of African countries which have conducted the most tests. We are also 26th in the list of African countries that have conducted the most tests relative to the size of their population. Should we be conducting way more tests?
Nigeria carries last in everything even where it matters most. We ought to have conducted far more tests than others if we are serious about containing the virus.
It's a pity how Ghana has conducted far more tests yet with a far smaller population.
Having learned and sensible leadership is key in any country.
When it comes to corruption and sharing of exotic cars that's where the leaders are good. There is no excuse for their lack of commitment. If we don't have enough trained personnel to Conduct more tests then shame on them to think smaller Ghana has it all or did they import hands from China like we've done?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Ottyn01(m): 11:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
What do you expect from a shithole Country...With a dullard as President.. angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by babytoun: 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
GermanMelania:

You cant say its not spreading when our testing is one of worst in the world

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by aaking(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
mytime24:
Wetin i go comments na cool

Pls accept my cup of tea cheesy cheesy

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by dennisworld1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nigeria still dey play oooooi shocked

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by WeRblessed(f): 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nothing good comes out of shithole while being controlled by iti boribos!

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by Jaqenhghar: 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Luvdbyursista:
Great Analysis..Would be glad if I can get a lead to the slurce if these statistics..would need it for research..Thank you
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52125713?at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=2F7FBC58-758F-11EA-B97E-933D3A982C1E&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by PoliteActivist: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
babytoun:
Front page please

The game is rigged. All Seun's threads make front page grin

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by gpatern: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
Im kind of happy to be part of this thread not even because of the content and detail but for the fact na oga seun osewa that is the anchor.

help nairaland to check the attached image if im not mistaken.

Give honour to whom it is due.

He saw the vision, run with it and we are all hear today.

thank you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by AreaFada2: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is a dying country.

But as long as some "over educated " people can prop up Northern feudalists in power hoping for crumbs from their table, all is fine.

We all dey together. Early morning rain will beat both traders and farmers. Nobody will escape it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries by joeluv: 11:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
The thing about testing is that at this stage you don’t just test at random, so they can’t test more than the population of interest at this point. We are just lucky it’s yet to spread to poor area. Whn this spreads to poor areas u wld visibly see death clusters. We still need to improve on our testing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard / Man Cries Out After A Friend Poisoned His Drink (Photo) / Argentine Doctor Arrested For Masturbating While Checking Patient's Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.